The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theory: You have to get through Duviri to get to Tao.

Duviri essentially working as a gateway area you have to go through to get between the Origin System and Tao. As it's a void themed open world which even contains the ten-zero, it makes allot of sense. Mechanically, after you've done it once, I'm sure it would just be on the main starchart to select. This theory also stipulates that Duviri would come out before or alongside Tao if that were the case. I also suspect that the Duviri region would less about sheer scale and more about... Something else. But I doubt that all this will be the case. Just a theory. 

7 minutes ago, FulfillMyWill said:

Sentients come from Tau. Duviti is in the void. Setients can't go through the void. Therefore Duviri isn't a gateway to tau.

They were forced to go through the void to speed up the process for building Solar Rails to Tau.

Just now, rapt0rman said:

They were forced to go through the void to speed up the process for building Solar Rails to Tau.

That's not true, as they were able to reproduce at Tau from what we know.

They used the void to get back in a timely fashion, and that's what caused them to become sterile.

22 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

That's not true, as they were able to reproduce at Tau from what we know.

They used the void to get back in a timely fashion, and that's what caused them to become sterile.

Ah, yeah I got that mixed up, the rail system they built is what uses the void.

More on topic, a halfway point in the middle of the void would definitely be interesting (but I have no expectations for Tau anytime soon)

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Okay, so is there just some random solar rail that leads to Tao then? 

The name "Solar Rail" is a bit off-putting, but it is void stuff, it's just between two Solar Systems. We don't really know the specifics of how it works but even through the void it still might be a decently long journey.

Though I do imagine it would be more of a slipstream of void that you cant really "slow down" in.

My theory is the operator vanishes at some point during the new war, close to the beginning, leading ordis to seek out teshin to help find you. Not sure how your gonna get back though, if i had to guess either something to do with natah/lotus helping you, or perhaps "the man in the wall", the entity of the void showing itself to you, and allowing you safe passage back.

1 hour ago, FulfillMyWill said:

Sentients come from Tau. Duviri is in the void. Setients can't go through the void. Therefore Duviri isn't a gateway to tau.

The Tenno and warframes can go through the void, though. So Duviri could be a gateway for us to go to Tau. Whatever's there wouldn't be Sentient, but could still be weird and dangerous.

il y a une heure, _Euphoria_ a dit :

People still think we are going to Tau. LOL

Not before amalgamedprimedonedaymaybe(tm) but it is fair possibility. Every bit of WF storyline ends up with an edgy overly open cliffhanger and there are meaningfull chances that Lotus gets back to Tau and we decide that we may come and rescue her in 2020, soon after the open world duviri's plain content wich is due for late 2019.

2 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

The name "Solar Rail" is a bit off-putting, but it is void stuff, it's just between two Solar Systems. We don't really know the specifics of how it works but even through the void it still might be a decently long journey.

Though I do imagine it would be more of a slipstream of void that you cant really "slow down" in.

We sat strapped in, safeties off, waiting for the punch. Waiting for death. Through my filthy porthole I saw stars among the outlines of the other Splinter ships queuing for the Solar Rail. It would soon grip us with an incomprehensible power and cast us through the void into the mouth of our enemy.

I watched the ships one-by-one bending and gone. Each crammed with zero-tech soldiers sucking stale air, white knuckling their percussion rifles. Each filled with a desperation that comes from extinction. Our ship would be the last to cross the gap. Our ship had special cargo.

... The punch came - and our windows became blinding. When we could see again our ship was somewhere else, shattered and dead in an instant.

Mag prime codex story. Seems to be a pretty short jump. Although its really old lore and they change it willy nilly to fit future plans. Like Plutos Outer Terminus node is supposed to the be the location of this mega void gate. Old per (planet?) mission flavor text said it was inactive solar rail yet the corpus had been trying to fix it for years. It was a dead end in starchart 1.0.

As I recall the Zarimen was intended to be a "colony" ship making an experimental jump to expand the Empire. The Tenno children were being taught about Tau and even the children knew they were heading there. The quotes regarding this subject are present in the Second Dream and come directly from the Operator. If OP's idea isn't true in a literal sense it is most certainly true in an metaphorical sense.

it would also be in line with the old trope of "you must face your worst fears/confront your past before you can beat the bad guy". we still have a lot of stuff going on in our heads to do with the Zariman Incident, being trained as professional soldiers and fighting in the Old War.. and to some extent I think Man in The Wall is a good representation of our fractured mental state, our past that we still need to make peace with. War Within touched on this somewhat, but I reckon there's a lot more room for exploring the Tenno's mind.

we could maybe have a mission where we have an opportunity to stop Erra, and we reach him, but an apparition of MITW appears and causes us to fail, then Erra somehow banishes us to Duviri, thinking "hah, well they're definitely dead, back to my evil plans!". we end up in Duviri, and over time we not only train ourselves into the Adult Operator, we also start to heal the mental scars left on us. then once we are ready, we find a way out of Duviri and into Tau. now, we are truly at peace with ourselves and more powerful than ever, and the fight can be taken to the Sentients.

the time we spend in Duviri also gives the opportunity to segway back to the Origin system and watch as the Grineer and Corpus battle the sentients; cue the Kahl, Veso and Teshin sequences, as they fight to survive the invasion!. I didn't write New War obviously but that's a formula that IMO could work, if a little predictable in places. 

Archived