Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR30 Mastery Test Change - When?

LucianDeRomeo

Question

21 minutes ago, Crushdead said:

Hi.

I am not able to do the MR 30 Test.

It bugs out at Phase 1 of 5, 2 / 2 Bosses (after first Boss phase). Progress will freeze. I played for around 10mins with no change.

I can only abort the Test. I failed the live test 2 times already, because of this.

I then switched to Practice Mode. I can recreate the Problem 100% of the time. Checked with different frames and weapons.

Does anyone encounter the same problem?

Is this kind of a joke? Or what am I doing wrong?

Appreciate any help!

Cheers,

Crush

Once you kill both "Bosses" you MUST hit the air canister that spawns somewhere on the map. it is not random, youll just need to memorize the locations.

5 minutes ago, LucianDeRomeo said:

It could be, generally speaking my mods collection is fairly well flushed out, I just never felt the need for things like the Corrupted Mods in most gameplay modes(granted I'm only like 1/5th-ish of the way through the SP Starchart). Arcanes however are another story entirely as I don't find most of the methods of getting them very enjoyable, especially given how many you need. It may just be that I've grown out of the grindy games that I used to spend so many hours on.

I don't mean this as a put down, you can play the game however you want, and there is nothing wrong with that. Warframe is all about choice. That being said, it sounds like throughout your gameplay, you've slightly prioritized mastery over arsenal development, which could explain why you feel like you are hitting a tad bit of a wall here. I'm not saying it is impossible to do with your arsenal (I don't know it comprehensively, and again, I can't try the test, so I'm not trying to be a blowhard), but just saying stuff like corrupted mods will really help you min/max your builds, which is going to be really useful in a test like this. 

Here's What I used: 

Mesa P (0 Forma): Growing Power, Augur Secrets, Vitality, Intensify, R8 Adaptaion, R9 Primed Flow, Handspring, Augur Message, Primed Continuity, and Power Drift in the Exilus Slot with Arcane Velocity and Energize both at max rank.

The reason for this is that Energize will mostly keep you capped out and Velocity will further increase your fire rate. Just pop Energy pads when needed and you would be golden.

Regulators P (3 forma): Hornet Strike, Primed Pistol Gambit, Primed Target Cracker, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion, Pistol Pestilence, Frostbite, Primed Heated Charge.

Balla Dagger Zaw (5 forma): Spoiled Strike, Sacrificial Pressure, Sacrificial Steel, Gladiator Might, Shocking Touch, Organ Shatter, Primed Fever Strike, Riven with +142% Melee damage, +161.6% CC, +79.3% Cold, -60.8% Status Duration, and Exodia contagion. (Vargeet II Ruhang, Balla, Korb)

All I use my Zaw for here is the Arbitration Drones and Nullifiers, as it knocks out both in like 2-3 hits.

My tips would just be spam energy pads if you need them (including for killing the trash mobs), abuse kiddo dash to get from platform to platform, and try to priotize in this order: Arbitration Drone, Nullifier, open fire with Regulators on everything else.

Hope this all helps you out, at least a bit.

convert all duplicate mods to endo

Do lots of veil prox RJ  (each piece of rj wreckage is 225 endo)

Take the time to check for ayatan sculptures in missions..(or do lots of arbitration/sorties)  (fill em with stars and hand in to Maroo)

---

Hard to wrap my head around an mr30 with no endo.  

==================

I royally screwed up lasts nights test lol.   You need to have a good handle on where the air stations will spawn and fight around that area... I was fighting in different places than my first few times and I was out of position when the stations dropped.  Also died and fell alot more lol.  

7 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Hard to wrap my head around an mr30 with no endo. 

Its actually pretty common I believe to have a shortage of endo if you are constantly trying new mods/builds. Especially with the new Galvanized Mods. I finally made it back to 60k endo at MR 30, and that was after a while of grinding arbitration. I still don't have every mod maxed and I am inching close to LR 1. So yeah, there is the distinct possibility. Or you know, you could be my Clan leader who has a unhealthy obsession with her "end game pile" as she calls all her ayatans... 

Hi.

It bugs out at Phase 1 of 5, 2 / 2 Bosses (after first Boss phase). Progress will freeze. I played for around 10mins with no change.

I can only abort the Test. I failed the live test 2 times already, because of this.

I then switched to Practice Mode. I can recreate the Problem 100% of the time. Checked with different frames and weapons.

Appreciate any help!

Cheers,

Crush

9 minutes ago, LucianDeRomeo said:

Endo mostly, I mean I've got the Plat I could just buy a few legendary cores but I do prefer earning what I get, and after Endo grinding for weeks on end to max out a few of my Primed Mods I just haven't gotten back into it as it's really just like a gut punch to farm the amount you need to max those things. As stupid as it may have been it's the same reason I didn't buy Primed Reach from Baro during TennoCon even though I knew it should be a priority.

Maybe this is the game telling you to slow down and take more time developing your arsenal? 

You are qualified to test for MR30, but you are saying your mod collection is so limited your corrupted mods are underdeveloped? 

I'm not saying the test would necessarily be a piece of cake for me, I have no idea how well I would do as I cannot try it, I am many MR's below. But that seems like a below average arsenal set for someone of your MR. Most people I see asking for help with the test tend to already have more mods and arcanes developed, even the ones struggling. 

2 hours ago, Crushdead said:

Hi.

Appreciate any help!

Cheers,

Crush

If you keep getting it as a bug, report it to DE either in the Bug Reporting Section or via a Support Ticket, if possible do a video to show them.

The air support pylon is a different icon symbol when you look for it, though it is easy to miss with a lot of air pickups lying around.

6 hours ago, Crushdead said:

Hi.

Appreciate any help!

Cheers,

Crush

After killing the bosses, a life support tower should spawn on the map somewhere. You have to interact with this to set the next stage off.

If it's not turning up, you need to file a bug report 

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Slayer-.:

The air support pylon is a different icon symbol when you look for it, though it is easy to miss with a lot of air pickups lying around.

That was indeed a True Mastery Test for me. The challenge here is to overcome the lack of applied Usability Heuristics, though I also blame my old and tired brain. Once you know - it's too easy.

Thank you, guys:  (PSN)Boomstickman98, Slayer-., Butterfly85

On 2021-07-25 at 9:13 PM, Slayer-. said:

It hasn't been nerfed you may not have been killing enough enemies fast enough.

4 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Tested this last night, the life support drops haven't changed. You just aren't killing fast enough.

Yep that old chestnut, not killing fast enough, I had that much air lying around I missed the pylon to go up to the next level, it took about 20s seconds to realise it was there, I reckon that air support pylon should be coloured hot pink or something. oOopy.gif

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Maybe this is the game telling you to slow down and take more time developing your arsenal? 

It could be, generally speaking my mods collection is fairly well flushed out, I just never felt the need for things like the Corrupted Mods in most gameplay modes(granted I'm only like 1/5th-ish of the way through the SP Starchart). Arcanes however are another story entirely as I don't find most of the methods of getting them very enjoyable, especially given how many you need. It may just be that I've grown out of the grindy games that I used to spend so many hours on.

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

What stops you from just upgrading your corrupted mods?

Endo mostly, I mean I've got the Plat I could just buy a few legendary cores but I do prefer earning what I get, and after Endo grinding for weeks on end to max out a few of my Primed Mods I just haven't gotten back into it as it's really just like a gut punch to farm the amount you need to max those things. As stupid as it may have been it's the same reason I didn't buy Primed Reach from Baro during TennoCon even though I knew it should be a priority.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb LucianDeRomeo:

Everyone except Valkyr Prime(those damn relics just won't drop for me!). My issue will likely repeatedly come back to under-developed Corrupted mods but I tried with a high Power/Range Soundquake Banshee that did ok with the trash, I was still to squishy for the bosses. Same with Ember. I'll tweak my Melee build a bit but I was told Mire 'doesn't benefit enough' from the standard SC build to use things like Weeping Wounds', not sure if that's true but I also know Mire isn't exactly the best sword, it's just been my go to for so long I have a hard time not going back to it lol.

What stops you from just upgrading your corrupted mods?

6 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

What other frames do you have available?

Everyone except Valkyr Prime(those damn relics just won't drop for me!). My issue will likely repeatedly come back to under-developed Corrupted mods but I tried with a high Power/Range Soundquake Banshee that did ok with the trash, I was still to squishy for the bosses. Same with Ember. I'll tweak my Melee build a bit but I was told Mire 'doesn't benefit enough' from the standard SC build to use things like Weeping Wounds', not sure if that's true but I also know Mire isn't exactly the best sword, it's just been my go to for so long I have a hard time not going back to it lol.

I just hit 30 last night and did my first attempts..  First I did practise to learn the test and thought I had a good handle on it. 

Then I did the official test.. I was more aggro and was doing good until the final round...  I was surrounded by fire and couldnt see, fighting on edge...  fell twice...  massive time sink... I managed to kill all the red guy but I freaked out afterwards because test didnt end...  Forgot I had to use an oxygen station...  I tried to race to it but while ground slamming to it my time ran out heh.  

Theres only one clear Warframe to use for Mastery Rank 30... thats the one I used at Mastery Rank 1  Mag!!!!  No cheese here.

I recently completed it and was struggling a lot with my best frames and gear, even tried using Nekros to get more life support. Then I went out on a limb and tried Mesa, a frame that I rarely use, and she destroyed that test. Just spam energy pads and kill everything on-screen with her 4, dying doesn't matter. Drop out of her 4 only to deal with Arbitration Drones and Nullies which are immune to it. Spam specters and on-call lich if you need a little more help with damage. Should go fine.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb LucianDeRomeo:

For the record I didn't just go by the comments, they just pointed out what seemed like a serious difference between what the video poster was seeing versus what I saw, in one video he gave a rough breakdown of what %age you should be at when starting each stage and I'm usually at like half the 'recommendation' after Stage 2.

Mesa P(0 Forma) Pistol Amp, Coaction Drift, Constitution(I don't own P Sure Footed and find it better then Sure Footed), Redirection, All 3 Umbrals(my Corrupted mods are all low rank so I still rely on Umbrals for baseline survivability and the Ability Strength boost), Streamline, Continuity and Augur Message(to fill the last slot and the few points I have left)

Regulators(2 Forma) Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Primed Pistol Gambit. Lethal Torrent , Scorch, Pistol Pestilence, Pathogen Rounds, and Convulsion(Will be adding Primed Target Cracker once I get another Forma into it)

Mire(2 Forma) Primed PP, CO, Virulent Sourge, Vicious Front, Volcaninc Edge, Fever Strike, North Wind and Toxic Blight

Kuva Karak(5 Forma) Serration, Spilt Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Hunter Munitions, Vigilante Armaments, Infected Clip, Primed Cryo Rounds and Vigilante Supplies

The Karak is mainly for popping bubbles and the drones since I don't have Primed Reach and can't seem to hit them with Melee to save my life(literally), and I don't generally even try using my secondary.

I know they aren't the 'best' builds but some of the typical mods you see in all the 'top builds' are still being slowly ranked up.

I can see how you might struggle with that setup. For mesa you're gonna really really want some corrupted mods, your duration and/or efficiency is just super low without them. Pistol amp does basically nothing on her aswell. Mesa is very energy hungry so not having atleast flow is pretty limiting.

With that much strength hornet strike starts to not be worth it on regulators and you can already use normal target cracker. Regulators want more fire rate than just lethal torrent.

If you have trouble with range why are you not using normal reach? On a pure status weapon you'll want weeping wounds, that mod should be pretty easy to get now with the acolyte mods showing up in deimos bounties.

What other frames do you have available?

1 hour ago, LucianDeRomeo said:

'm not super familiar with Octavia but I know the 'trick' there so maybe that will be enough.

Pwning with Octavia super short guide: 

1. Pick a mandachord song that lets you easily become invisible, without effort and thinking about it. I just filled every second note responsible for her 3.

2. Make a build with lots of range, some duration, positive ability strengh. You might take Partitioned Mallet augment for dual death zones. No survivability needed, Rolling Guard might help you recast if you fall into abbyss or mess up. 

3. Start the test, drop Mallet, use metronome, spam crouch to become invisible. Never use resonator, it makes enemies chase it instead of pumping Mallets damage by attacking it. Drop ulti near mallet to increase its range. Rinse and repeat. Ignore normal enemies, they will die anyways. Melee bosses while invisible for x8 damage. 

4. Profit! :-)

Archived