Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 accounts on same Clan.

Vaml77

Question

I have two accounts and was wondering if my secondary account can be added to my clan created by the other main account.

Are there any problems or violations? I know exchanging items violates the terms. I don't intend to do that. I just wanted to add my other account to my clan. It's right?

17 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

Can the second account be used to help build the dojo? I have some formas there and resources...any problem?

3 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

I have no intention of interacting between the two accounts. First because I don't go with both accounts at the same time....and I just wanted to put my second account in my clan to just use the dojo to sell my rivens/mods/prime to other players. I will never transfer items between the two because the two accounts are used alternately on the same computer and never simultaneously.

@drpunk-yo provided the relevant answer to your question above by linking an actual answer from DE.  Just in case your browser isn't showing you the relevant text of the answer in-line, here it is:

As long as your two accounts do not interact (via trading to transfer items, active in the same clan/alliance, gifting items from one to the other, etc) and you're not using the second account to circumvent forum restrictions (such as a forum suspension), you're a-okay and not at risk of being banned in any way.

In short, DE considers having two accounts in the same clan to be an interaction, and hence a violation of the non-interaction policy.  You may disagree with it, but they've made their stance perfectly clear.  So if you don't want to risk a ban, don't have your accounts in the same clan.

5 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

I have two accounts and was wondering if my secondary account can be added to my clan created by the other main account.

Are there any problems or violations? I know exchanging items violates the terms. I don't intend to do that. I just wanted to add my other account to my clan. It's right?

you can have a second account in the same clan you created just DON"T trade or gift from one acc to the other or run both accounts at the same time (letting a friend use one account while you use the other) as it will break TOS.

2 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

I have no intention of interacting between the two accounts. First because I don't go with both accounts at the same time....and I just wanted to put my second account in my clan to just use the dojo to sell my rivens/mods/prime to other players. I will never transfer items between the two because the two accounts are used alternately on the same computer and never simultaneously.

You have quoting from moderators respond, and it's mentioning clans. And i can explain why. In the future event (which may come) you can have benefits from having another player to get rewards or placing in ranked tables.

As a player i can make 74% sure suggestion nobody will ever care about your alt. Still, will not do it myself ever.

As a human beeing i will recomend to ask http://support.warframe.com to be 100% sure.

42 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

I can see that but the problem is how vague "no interaction" limit is. It is open to so many interpretation. I really really recommend you to contact support since they have the final word.

2 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

(before any1 starts to argue this is not about what we do but about how we prove anything to support that we did not violate ToS in any way)

I made a topic about getting falsely banned if someone with mobile will play with you in same squad using your network (in my case my cousin)
And ppl there say nothing like that should happen most of the time
Now i come to your topic and see ppl say for what you want to do you will get banned

And i start to wonder how each of US would be equipped to defend and to prove we didnt interact as 1 person with both accounts at the same time?
So seems in the end we both have legit concerns but in my case ppl try to convince me i have nothing to fear

Well read some of it if you want to
You may feel like 2 different types of ppl reply to my topic and yours

I know a few players that had accounts banned for having multiple alternates in a clan for dojo building, but that was after making the fact of it public and it lead to them being reported. 

Kind of what this post is screaming at people to do right now. If you need to put alt accounts in to build stuff, maybe it's time to downgrade from mountain. 

Just now, (XBOX)BRUHck Obama said:

A moderator once told me (regarding a discussion) that alt accounts can't be in the same clan or even in the same alliance.

Similarly but I was told it was allowed, If you think about it no actual clan will let you stick around on an alt, don't login for a week and kick, time to build a new clan key!

When they talk about "no interaction" pretty sure they mostly mean using a main to buy warframes etc for an alt, sending prime warframe blueprints or using your alt to store excess rivens, things that bypass progression stuff like that.

I think the proceed at your own risk comment is probably a goon one!

I asked on players helping players and most people said that it was a gray area and that it should be done at your own risk.

This is what KIREEK said on that post:

A moderator once told me (regarding a discussion) that alt accounts can't be in the same clan or even in the same alliance.

If an event happens for example and there is a cap of 100 points per player, a user with 2 accounts in the same clan will be able to do 2x more than any other player. Events also have diminishing results, meaning to get more points, the difficulty increases exponentially (enemy lvl for example), with 2 accounts you can achieve the same combined score way faster and way easier, which is an exploit.

If you want a proper answer you are best off asking DE directly.

Googling an answer is difficult but a community moderator has posted this elsewhere in response to multiple account questions...

That response suggests that being in the same clan is considered interaction and would result in a ban.

But ultimately none of us (plebs on the forum) truly know. All you get here is a bunch of "It's fine" "It's not fine" posts and arguments about why it is or isn't.

Archived