Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I won't purchase Nidus Prime accessories because of Voidrig head spinning

Prexades

32 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Since the ridiculous head spinning which looks awful and clips a lot is still in the game, the Karnolyth skin gets a hard pass.

That’s nice, who cares though? Have you got anything useful to say?

I did buy it, and I cannot say I have noticed any head spinning.

21 minutes ago, Prexades said:

I guess I understand why feedback is ignored. It became a wasteland inhabited by the lowest tier of trolls.

Feedback is ignored when people don’t bother to provide useful feedback. Saying you won’t buy something because of an issue is fairly pointless - you didn’t even suggest you would buy it if the issue was fixed. How can anyone take you seriously?

• I haven’t even noticed head spinning with the skin on. That may just be me though.

I agree with you about the head spinning being awful. I wish they'd change it.

I also agree with you that giving feedback is pointless. I used to be optimistic and enthusiastic about it, but over time I've learned that they don't care and it's really a waste of your time, physical energy, and mental energy. They won't listen and nothing will change.

4 hours ago, krc473 said:

Feedback is ignored when people don’t bother to provide useful feedback. Saying you won’t buy something because of an issue is fairly pointless - you didn’t even suggest you would buy it if the issue was fixed. How can anyone take you seriously?

• I haven’t even noticed head spinning with the skin on. That may just be me though.

the head spinning only happens with the void rig mech when using their electric iron skin power. It's not something the skin does rather a behavior bound to one of the mechs.  Alternate mech helmets tend to look weird when used because the head rotates 360 degrees and very clearly the alternate helmets were not designed with that in mind. Personally I enjoy how silly it looks but a lot of people don't.

As has been stated by xcrimsonlegendx above - it only happens when you use Storm Shroud. Unfortunately you tend to want to have Storm Shroud up most if not all the time when using the Voidrig, so I'd say it's a pretty valid concern. OP likely worded the post the way they did because they assumed most people who use Voidrig were well aware of this issue by now. It happens with no skin, with the Bruntspar skin, and now with the Karnolyth skin as well (and with the Cryptanaut, Snake and Day of the Dead skins/helmets on top).

It's understandable that it happens with the base skin as that actually makes sense with the design as it is - the other two clearly weren't even fully tested before release as neither looks good or in any way like natural behavior. It really shouldn't be a hard thing to adjust in the code so it doesn't happen when your Voidrig (or more specifically the helmet) is skinned

1 hour ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

OP might not have provided the most helpful feedback but it does look awful and needs to be addressed.

After seeing that and testing it myself, I don't care how bad the feedback is. This really does need to get fixed.

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

What exactly "wrong" are we supposed to be seeing here? Is the head supposed to spin too?

The skull is fine in theory, its not meant to move. The problem is that its not meant to be seen. The neck does not attach to the torso correctly, its just hovering there as it rotates around the front of the skull. That should not be there, that is an unfinished asset on display that was never meant to rotate that way. The "neck" is meant to be flush against the body, but the way the torso slants down in the front makes it detach, if it was meant to do this the infested bits on the helmet would be rounded and finished, connecting to the base of the helmet, but they aren't. The "nose" of the helmet also clips into the gold spike on the shoulder as it passes by.

Plus seeing the skull popping out randomly looks bizarre, clearly the skin was designed first and foremost from an aesthetic point of view without considering things like how its head was going to rotate.

6 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

The skull is fine in theory, its not meant to move. The problem is that its not meant to be seen. The neck does not attach to the torso correctly, its just hovering there as it rotates around the front of the skull. That should not be there, that is an unfinished asset on display that was never meant to rotate that way. The "neck" is meant to be flush against the body, but the way the torso slants down in the front makes it detach, if it was meant to do this the infested bits on the helmet would be rounded and finished, connecting to the base of the helmet, but they aren't. The "nose" of the helmet also clips into the gold spike on the shoulder as it passes by.

Plus seeing the skull popping out randomly looks bizarre, clearly the skin was designed first and foremost from an aesthetic point of view without considering things like how its head was going to rotate.

This must be something then that needs to be seen in-game because that clip looks like it is showing nothing wrong. To me. it looks almost like an infested hat spinning on the skull's head.

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

This must be something then that needs to be seen in-game because that clip looks like it is showing nothing wrong. To me. it looks almost like an infested hat spinning on the skull's head.

There's no way THIS is working as intended.

5d8acdfb5be0f114633e15da7fae411f.gif

And yes I just bought prime access since my last post.

2 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

There's no way THIS is working as intended.

5d8acdfb5be0f114633e15da7fae411f.gif

And yes I just bought prime access since my last post.

Guessing your mech is standing up more straight than the other one that was in the clip? Looks like the helmet needs to be widened around the head then. Should be something they can fix easily.

It's a pass for me also the same reason, although I like the skin. They should change the whole skill animation, cuz it looks really bad with other helmets, other than Voidrig's. IMO only the halos and the electric discharges would be more than enough.
I brought Bruntspar skin, but I can't use that bulky helmet. It looks awfully poor on voidrig when the 2. ability is on. Not to mention the widowmaker helmet... Not cool...

On 2021-09-11 at 9:04 PM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Guessing your mech is standing up more straight than the other one that was in the clip? Looks like the helmet needs to be widened around the head then. Should be something they can fix easily.

It's obvious that it shouldn't behave this way. The fact you don't see a problem with behavior like this is utterly baffling to me.

https://gfycat.com/zestysnappylemur

On 2021-09-10 at 1:13 PM, krc473 said:

Why would someone buy something if it has a publicly known issue that needs fixed? Seems like a valid concern to me.

They just need to change the axis of rotation for the helmet node. Based on the fact that the skull doesn't spin with the helmet, it's safe to say they don't share the same node on the rig. I think the fix is simple, and they've probably thought about it. The problem, though, is that other helmets (default, cryptonaut, bruntspar) would have their helmets rotated on the skin if they were to do that.

1 hour ago, Teletric said:

They just need to change the axis of rotation for the helmet node. Based on the fact that the skull doesn't spin with the helmet, it's safe to say they don't share the same node on the rig. I think the fix is simple, and they've probably thought about it. The problem, though, is that other helmets (default, cryptonaut, bruntspar) would have their helmets rotated on the skin if they were to do that.

They just need to make it so any helmet other than the base Voidrig helmet simply doesn't turn, while keeping the other effects.
Fun fact, it also spins when you use Gravemines - so it's a problem for at least two abilities.

23 hours ago, iPathos said:

They just need to make it so any helmet other than the base Voidrig helmet simply doesn't turn, while keeping the other effects.
Fun fact, it also spins when you use Gravemines - so it's a problem for at least two abilities.

I think the spinning effect is cool and kind of part of Voidrig's identity. To each their own, I guess.

Archived