Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PVP ideas to improve

Pansaii

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Danielw8:

The only way to make pvp viable is necramech vs necramech, they are slow, easy to play, easy to enjoy.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb -Krism-:

Honestly, I don't like pvp in general, warframe or not, but a Grineer vs Corpus could have some potential; if they work like in TNW gameplay they showed us

One of these 2 ideas can be the only way to make people interested in Conclave again (although i think Mechs are too slow and will be boring to play).

The biggest upside of Warframe which gets the most praise, namely the insane movement is also the biggest downside of the Conclave imo.

Its just not fun in a pvp-environment, simple as that.

As much fun it is to parcour around like crazy in a PvE game, its a horrible experience to play against that.

Imagine the enemies we face in PvE content would be able to do what we are able to do, no one would play that aswell.

I dont know if you guys ever matched against a "Conclave Pro", but what they do with movement is just crazy.

They come around a corner like a ball lightning, oneshot you in the face and are gone as fast as they appeared.

Sure, there is skill involved, but its not fun to play against and honestly, i cant even imagine its fun if many of those players go against each other.

1 hour ago, DreisterDino said:

One of these 2 ideas can be the only way to make people interested in Conclave again (although i think Mechs are too slow and will be boring to play).

The biggest upside of Warframe which gets the most praise, namely the insane movement is also the biggest downside of the Conclave imo.

Its just not fun in a pvp-environment, simple as that.

As much fun it is to parcour around like crazy in a PvE game, its a horrible experience to play against that.

Imagine the enemies we face in PvE content would be able to do what we are able to do, no one would play that aswell.

I dont know if you guys ever matched against a "Conclave Pro", but what they do with movement is just crazy.

They come around a corner like a ball lightning, oneshot you in the face and are gone as fast as they appeared.

Sure, there is skill involved, but its not fun to play against and honestly, i cant even imagine its fun if many of those players go against each other.

Quake made it work. Conclave's problem isn't the movement, it's the relatively long TTK that sits on top of the movement. Players can move around quickly and that makes them hard to hit, but you can still hit targets pretty easily. It's no harder than in any other shooter. But in order to actually secure a kill you need to get on target and stay on target for a relatively long time. The "Conclave Pros" know how to use that to their advantage to make themselves functionally immortal by having the skill/knowledge to disengage and heal up whenever they want. Lowering the TTK across the board and making everything faster instead of slower would do wonders: the pros already have low TTKs due to their skill so it's not like they're gonna kill you that much faster than they already do, but less experienced players would be able to more easily secure their kills which would level the playing field some.

9 hours ago, lokmane125 said:

guys we all know no one plays the pvp in warframe . and it could use some changes just to improve and get players to blow off steam after getting fraustrated in endless rng or just to have some sense of competition . if u guys have some ideas i would like to hear them out . no big things just small things that could get u inerested in pvp 

This. Make it something like what is shown here (no idea if video will be posted in my post, if not there is a video at the link):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/q4twqe/new_war_leaked_gameplay/

Another idea I read somewhere: remove the frames, and make it operator only.

6 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Ability to change elements like in The New War trailer in conclave, not available in PvE unless you get the augment to unleash the true power outside of conclave

You didnt get my question

You meant there is some reward worth getting in PVP 
I didnt ask what you do after you get it

I asked what there is to get beside it that will make players feel its worth to go to PVP?

And what i mean by that is eventually nothing there would be a reward for you me or any1 else

4 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Quake made it work. Conclave's problem isn't the movement, it's the relatively long TTK that sits on top of the movement. Players can move around quickly and that makes them hard to hit, but you can still hit targets pretty easily. It's no harder than in any other shooter. But in order to actually secure a kill you need to get on target and stay on target for a relatively long time. The "Conclave Pros" know how to use that to their advantage to make themselves functionally immortal by having the skill/knowledge to disengage and heal up whenever they want. Lowering the TTK across the board and making everything faster instead of slower would do wonders: the pros already have low TTKs due to their skill so it's not like they're gonna kill you that much faster than they already do, but less experienced players would be able to more easily secure their kills which would level the playing field some.

I'd like to add to that:

There are several issues at play here, one of them isn't all that old: Shield Gating is in today's Conclave, too, but it wasn't balanced around that, e.g.:

• 1.3s of invulnerability when going from full shields in a mode where a typical weapon (Braton) would kill a typical Warframe (Excalibur) in 0.8s if you're landing your shots.
  • Headshots do bypass the gate, but do you know who's more likely to hit those? The people with more experience, of course.

It has some positive aspects, too, like not dying instantly to the various bug/exploit abusers. But still, to me it's pretty clear that Shield Gate has added to the problems.

Another one is that beyond Recruit Conditioning (which is simply/crudely limited to people below Conclave Syndicate rank 3) there was never a way to better separate people. Just watch some footage of less experienced players and you can see that they're not actually using all of the mobility they could use, because it's still required to land your shots at the same time.

So it's less a matter of having that potential mobility and more of the gap between less and more experienced people. The most interesting games happen when the people in them are somewhat on the same level. 

PvP as is is too imbalanced and mechanically awkward with little rewards worth working towards. The fact that you are depending on volunteers to run dedicated servers adds to the technical woes.

It would need to be a completely different to be worth playing and at that point you are practically playing a different game , so might as well play a different game based around PvP.

But for the sake of the discussion , The three things that are regularly suggested as alternatives from gameplay perspective is.

1) operator only battles 

2) Necramech battles 

3) invasion style battles where you control a grineer/corpus unit (we might just get these)

Kdrives and Archwing races could also work with a few tweaks.

Rewards would also need to be updated to be more than simply cosmetics or pve exclusive mods. Relics and consumables would be a good start.

And proper dedicated servers run by DE will be absolutely essential.

6 hours ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

This. Make it something like what is shown here (no idea if video will be posted in my post, if not there is a video at the link):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/q4twqe/new_war_leaked_gameplay/

Another idea I read somewhere: remove the frames, and make it operator only.

Remove Warframes.

Just make it Grineer vs Corpus instead.

16 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Remove Warframes.

Just make it Grineer vs Corpus instead.

Why ppl always go for grinner vs corpus

Why not syndicate vs syndicate?

Even make us use their archgun weaps

Endless possibilities
I just named all who cares

vor 7 Stunden schrieb PublikDomain:

Quake made it work. Conclave's problem isn't the movement, it's the relatively long TTK that sits on top of the movement. Players can move around quickly and that makes them hard to hit, but you can still hit targets pretty easily. It's no harder than in any other shooter. But in order to actually secure a kill you need to get on target and stay on target for a relatively long time.

I should clarify, the movement isnt the only problem in my opinion, just a major one.

I also thought about games with fast movement like Quake or Unreal Tournament, but there are many more differences:

• no different characters, everyone is the same in HP, abilities etc
  • only a handful of weapons everyone has access to at any point - you know exactly what they are good and can tell really quick which weapon your opponent has
  • much more fluid and straight-forward gameplay, although those games are like 20+ years old, the input feels more direct and gameplay less laggy/sloppy

When you die in the Conclave, you probably ask yourself "did i pick a bad frame? did i chose a bad weapon? did i mod them in a bad way?"

All of these questions dont exist in a game like Quake, and its probably the reason why people suggest Mechs or Grineer vs Corpus, it would erase most of these questions.

Also, having hundreds of weapons, which are modable on top of it and having to balance them is a major task even for AAA-studios, and even they rely on the community to test it.

How is a smaller studio, which only provides a handful of devs (if, at all) to this task supposed to ever balance it? Its not possible.

like most PVP games the winner gets the good stuff while to loser does not do you want to actively play in a game mode that constantly causes missery to other players?

people always say practice and get good but while you practice and get good the person that thumped you is also practicing and getting better then they resort to abusing broken meta (like how parkore is in pvp atm) and down right seal clubbing to maximise the points they get (as we see in ESO to last the longest and get more rewards its all about kills per minute) so those people that are glued to their computer and have the most time to train will dominate and those that are casual or new will just be points fodder

if you think this will be a place for friends to hang out ......alredy tried that once thought we were safe as nobody plays conclave so it would just be us goofing around....some random jumped in and was not following our match challenge rules that everyone else in the match agreed on like (this round melee only or secondarys only so if your really good with your favorate gun your at a disadvantage this round as you have to use that other weapon you brought along so to give other player a more even chance at winning) in the end everyone left as was getting way to competitive for our likes and balance was restored as conclave was returned to nobody playing it

but hey if there was a way to auto balance the players in a match so you can never get to good lvl (rig countermesures to hinder players from getting too high up the learning curve) it might be balanced (eg game notices you get the most kills in a match by a sizable margen and the game then balances your frame resistances in the background and your weapon that you got the most kills with acordingly as hey where is the fun in PVP if its not chalanging and as the others catch up the limitations get removed)

also the ability to set custom match rules like king of the hill (only kills in a ceartain area count so you can get all your ammo and energy before you fight) camp fire mode (if your camping in a spot away from the others because you cant find them or are holding a defencive spot the game will switch teliport style relocate you closer but not too close and sweep the area you teliport to so you cant be spawn trapped by a penta grenade or a stray rocket) anyone up for gang up tag? (if you get killed you are on the tagged team the non tagged players just run and are not alowed to attack just try to survive after everyone has been tagged the game starts again with another person being the starting tagged player so they can hunt the rest of the players .....which kinda sounds like infection game mode but this game type was played in school playgrounds long before it was in games .....just without the whole kill the other players thing 

bottom line the main reason PVP is dead atm is those that got too good chased away all their competition till it was only them left and you cant play PVP by yourself so PVP needs something to hinder the top players but not hinder the rubish players (and a top player can become a rubish player if they took a 3 year break from the game so whatever the way of checking needs to be an active skill check system and not just a MR rank or conclave standing teir system)

I dont think there is anything that can be done to attract me to it, because it would require a completely different PvP concept and maps that are bigger that 1x1 foot. Rewards added to conclave that impact PvE wouldnt get me to play it either. I dont PvP in games for shinies unless the shinies are strictly related to PvP, like WoW armor sets and weapons. I PvP to challenge myself against other players, or to be a royal A****** in games with active world pvp. Those things are the rewards, when you beat the other guy and come out the winner, or when you make the life of some other player a complete misery and they start cross-faction crying through /whisper.

I've also been a big fan of the battlefield frenchise where freedom is a big part of it. Being able to play smart, be the saboteur or that annoying sniper way up on the hills raining hell. None of that will ever be a possibility in WF. I also prefer shooter games with actual weapon physics like bullet velocity, spread, rpm and so on. Again a level of design that just wont be a thing in WF.

Sure I guess a change to Corpus vs Grineer could solve parts of those things, but it would likely turn out to be more kiddy CoD than Battlefield eitherway.

Archived