Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo QoL Improvements Part 3

[DE]Helen

11 hours ago, (PSN)RobKcmo said:

It is separate! You give them decorator privileges and maybe treasure but not architect that allows them to destroy rooms. You only give architect the people that you know aren't idiots and won't destroy crap you pre-built just the stuff they goof up on I've only given it to two people that know what they're doing.

It is not separate. The ability to destroy rooms is tied to the ability to change skyboxes, change room spawns, edit room console text, obstacle course high score reset, and obstacle course reset powers. The ability to destroy a room shouldn't be tied to the rest, it has no bearing or relevance to them at all.

As it stands now, I have to ask permission every single time I want to change a skybox, or the name of a room, or to change spawn and it is very VERY annoying and disruptive to dojo decorating. I get not trusting me with room deletion, but the ability to change a skybox of rooms? Where's the potential harm?

So let me get this straight...

People have been begging for "contribute all" for years now.  You literally told us this was a coming feature sometime kind of recently.

People have massively disliked pretty much every UI change you've made.  I still hate all the ones from the last several rounds of changes.  I still want them reverted.  I hate them.

Instead of just putting out "contribute all" you've decided to do more completely unnecessary UI changes.  You're going to change the default controls to be nothing like they were despite a lot of people having built up dozens of hours of muscle memory decorating dojos with the old controls.

How are you this out of touch?  No one asked for a different UI, especially with your track record.  People asked for better QOL with funding decorations.  People asked for removal of collision with decorations so that you could actually place them how you wanted them.  More rooms.  More functionality.  More reasons for people to actually be in the dojo outside of trading and labs.  People have asked for a lot of things and you're giving us a new UI that we didn't ask for and that's it?

Wow.

EDIT: Oh, and instead of fixing that stupid bug where people I invite to my dojo to trade end up on my ship and half the time can't figure out how to get out, you've put in a decoration to fix the bug for you (that will probably still not fix the bug.) and I'm going to have to figure out what to delete in my main hall just to put in a spawn pad so it will hopefully stop happening.  Also fantastic.

On 2021-11-04 at 5:40 PM, [DE]Helen said:

This function is built into the Clan Vault! Check "Auto Contribute From Vault" and Resources in your Vault will automatically be contributed to every Decoration you place as you decorate. Screenshot attached! 👇

Untitled.png

I appreciate the reply! However this feature feels a bit clunky to use since I personally - and a lot of fellow decorators, prefer to fully finalize a room before contributing to anything, since it's much easier to add upon what you already have down when the pieces still require contribution (yellow, in construction). Not to mention that it can often be difficult to keep up with the required resources and having to keep your vault fully stocked up, for all clans alike! Perhaps some indicator/warning when the vault is running low on something specific that is needed for a decoration in construction would be helpful?

By the way I'm not sure why decorations behave differently when fully built vs. in construction, but it greatly affects how able you are to do some elaborate maneuvers, like clipping some pieces into one another for a more seamless effect, or being able to phase through decorations etc.

(I'm aware this is a small QoL concern for the niche group of serious decorators lol)

No offence, but when I read 'advanced mode' I assumed they would be adding a lot of necessary new features to the dojo editor (the current full menu would be the 'simple' controls) instead of simply splitting the UI into two separate modes.

We need:

no-clip

greater freedom of resizing

resize while constrained

auto-contribute (extend it so it works on decorations already placed but not contributed)

nudging

Optional but would be nice:

recolouring items

preferably, click and drag controls for constrained movement similar to games like Planet Coaster (control camera with middle mouse)

group selection

blueprint system (save a group of decorations as a blueprint, then place that directly - would save a lot of time)

orbiter interactables like foundry and navigation so that you could use the dojo in place of your orbiter altogether

If anyone else can think of more, feel free to add them.

On 2021-11-04 at 3:31 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Maybe 😉

I just hope NPCs don't use to much decoration space, some items cost 3, personal decorations cost 5, ayatan statues cost 20 and so for some it may be counter productive to have to delete X ammount of decorations just to place a single npc, it may break the entire room altogether.

On 2021-11-01 at 5:47 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Introducing the Arrival Gate

You now control where Tenno spawn in your Dojo! Place an Arrival Gate and Tenno will appear in that very spot when they visit. Dojos without an Arrival Gate will default to the current spawn system.

giphy.gif

But... Can we make like a personalized one? Like what if each of my clanmates wants their own teleporter? In my dojo, I've got 3 people so far and we have our own little parts of the dojo we like to be in apart from the main stuff, therapeutic decorating purposes you see.. And my husband and I as well as the third person would like to be able to have our own little arrival gates in each area and one for general use (guests for trading, other people joining the clan)... Is that possible? Like, an ability to set who can arrive through a certain gate within the clan, and then one for others.

Ah, I'm tired so my wording may be off. So In the picture displayed, the red dots would be personal ones for 3 different players, while the yellow one is for general usage. Is that possible?

OH! And maybe please raise the cap for the amount of rooms we can have in a dojo? Sometimes when I wanna relax in the game I like to be able to have rooms to decorate in... Even if they aren't needed, it would actually help, especially if more rooms are added in the future.

May be an image of text that says '1501250 NEZHA PRIME 30] 1 285540 Mortuum 30]'

On 2021-11-04 at 3:51 PM, [DE]Helen said:

We've definitely had conversations about this! I don't have anything official to share yet, but we see room for improvement when it comes to reconstructing Dojo layouts.

What about the Clan Halls?, I'm really wanting to get rid of my Starter Hall, but due to it counts as a Spawn room, I am unable to

Im very appreciative of the efforts going into Dojo and Ship decorating.   I am very excited for my personal ship but also excited to make my dojo more functional!!  

----------------

As far as Dojos I just got one question......  Why the heck do we not have QnA chat in our Dojos???   If you are someone who trades alot you probably sit in your dojo so you can invite people for trades.   Thats a perfect time to try to help people in QnA also except you cant...

If you goto a relay even it has QnA chat lol.  

-------------------

I was hoping to make the observatory the hub of my dojo.  It has navigation and the arsenal,  now we coud add a trade post and a spawn point.....    but then I got to thinking thats probably a bad idea...    Better to put my trade post in the crimson branch so I dont have to tell people to teleport to that room to trade lichs.

Haha I dont know...  I better just stop tearing down and rebuilding my trade post until i settle on an idea lol.  

On 2021-11-04 at 11:40 AM, [DE]Helen said:

This function is built into the Clan Vault! Check "Auto Contribute From Vault" and Resources in your Vault will automatically be contributed to every Decoration you place as you decorate. Screenshot attached! 👇

Untitled.png

That's neat and does mitigate the issue, but I don't want to have to dump all my resources into the clan vault and keep an eye on what I'm low on, or wonder why a decoration isn't funded and have to stop what I'm doing to go to the vault and refill stuff so that I don't have to keep manually doing it if I'm out of something.

People want the option to decorate, go to the room console or somewhere similar, hit a button and spend all the resources at once, from their pocket.  That's what people have been asking for.  This doesn't solve the request, it only makes it slightly better.  If there were a second check box where you could have it auto contribute from your personal resources, that would be 10x better than even a "fund all" button.

Part of the reason is that, for people like me, my clan is full of newbies but I'm a max rank player.  I'm also the only one allowed to decorate.  I don't expect them to spend limited resources so that I can make the dojo pretty. 

I'm actually trying this option out right now, and it is a massive pain.  Instead of just pulling them from my pocket like we've asked for, I'm having to go one by one with each resource, select an amount, 10 resources at a time, and then go through confirmation steps just to put them in.  It's taking forever.  Just pull them from my pocket, it would be so much better.

Hi,

Thank you for the spawn pads! I'd like to list some things I have trouble with:

- lighting in this game has some issues. They get problematic in the dojos. The two known problems are overlapping room lightings and black hole areas.   placeable light sources or moveable initial light sources of a room may help.

- dry dock capacity is always on my list.

- rotation mode would benefit of an 5 degree mode. Building some geometric objects gets painful with 15 degree or free angle. 

Thanks for your time and hard work. 

This are great news:

1) is it possible to increase the decoration capacity too?

2) can some of the zones on the orbiter where we cant place decorations be removed like the codex table and the lotus helmet stand?

3) is it possible to had a seperate color slot to the stencil of the personal quarters? the color i have on the orbiter that defines this slot looks terible on it since it doesnt transition well from the metalics on the rest of the orbiter to the stencil.

4) Is it possible to make a togle option to decorations to give them a hitbox wich the player cant pass trough? alot of decorations having this ghost caracteristic breaks the immersion of some builds.

5) could filters be added to gliph displays too? for exemple i woul like to make the requiem gliphs that are red as a gliph, blue, similar to Loid's room.

If you want actual improvements to the dojo building process, how about not having tons of no-go zones for decorations for no reason?

My drydock isn't even placed where I want it because it takes up so much vertical space as far as floors are concerned, but I can't even place objects in completely empty areas, well away from the area the Railjack docks.  Just empty space under a platform and I can't place things there and the game won't even tell you why.  It's infuriating.

It's bad enough dealing with the fact that the control point has collision, so you can't mesh things and putting up walls is a massive pain.  Having a great idea and then having to completely scrap it because the game won't let you put an object in empty space is maddening.

Can we please have the old discontinued rooms back please? They can even be adjusted to fit with the current grid system if needed but I just encountered a dojo that had the old rooms and appeared to be functional yet for some reason I can't have it my dojo? I think re-releasing the rooms after they have been adjusted based on the current gridded system  would be an excellent idea so that everyone can enjoy them in their dojo. 

Update is out.... and it could be better.

Much better.

• NoClip
    • Just allow players to fly freely while in the Editor.
  • Disable Object Collision
    • Would actually improve the Quality of Life for Decorators.
    • Objects should be able to be placed anywhere within a room without issue.
  • Object Grab Points
    • No more of having countless objects only being able to be rotated at their corners.
    • Grab / Rotate points should be at the center.
  • Coordinates
    • Display the coordinates of a selected object and allow them to be editable by the player.
  • Scale Values
    • While this has been implemented on Text Objects (much appreciated), this would be beneficial for the scale of other placeable objects.
  • Better Preview Mode
    • Just a button to hit Preview while in the Editor.
  • Arrival Gates
    • Should not be on a 24h timer. Fixed.
    • The entire game shouldn't even use 24h timers (23h at most)
    • Dojo objects should be at 1h or less considering the number that has to get placed.
    • Allow their model to be hidden when not editing.
      • So it is instead a "zone" for players to spawn in instead of a physical pad.
  • Crimson Branch Trading Requirements
    • Change the way Lich Trading functions
    • If a Crimson Branch is built, then any Trade Post should allow for liches to be traded.
      • The current method is anti-players.
  • Color Research
    • Should allow multiple colors to be researched at a time.
    • This wouldn't affect me, but would be highly beneficial to newer clans.
  • Drydock Room Capacity
    • Should not be at the low amount of 300.
  • Item Capacity Costs
    • All items should just be set to 1, there's no reason that old objects should even use 3 or more when newer items have more detail and cost less.
  • Dojo Lighting Bugs
    • Broken since Sisters of Parvos.
    • Rooms will often use incorrect or blended Lighting Settings.
    • Moving room-to-room will not update what the lighting should be in most cases.
      • i.e. One room uses Red for its lighting, another room uses Blue. Moving from the Red Room to the Blue Room will often keep the Red lighting effect even though you're in the Blue Room.
  • Optional Exit Confirmation Screens
    • Exiting Dojo Tools now has an exit screen, I get the point of it, but would prefer it as an optional thing.
  • Ayatans: Bugs & Inconsistencies
    • Ayatans still cost 20 room capacity, seems like an oversight.
    • You currently cannot actually see the amount that an Ayatan takes up as their Tradeable tag appears to override both the Capacity and Available values.
  • Missing Textures & Bad Collision
    • While expected of some of the old objects, some new objects (Entrati / Sentient) are missing textures and have an incorrect collision box.
    • Portal Gate & Shield (Wide) as examples.
  • Trophies
    • Allow players to change the base used of a Trophy.
  • Orphix Venom Trophy
    • It is missing both lighting and a metallic material.
    • Honestly one of the ugliest trophies just due to that.
  • Object Thumbnails
    • Quite a few are incorrect and need updating.

Dojo QoL, Scaling Issue

Playing with a PS4 controller on the PC, here. Before the update, holding Left D-pad + Forward Right analog stick would shrink a scaling object, while doing the same but Pulling Back Right analog stick would embiggen. Now, it's the other way around, unless there's some new checkbox I'm missing. Would it be possible to add in an option to swap the two Look abilities, please?

Old
Shrink: Left D-pad + Push Forward Right analog stick

Embiggen: Left D-pad + Pull Back Right analog stick

New
Shrink: Left D-pad + Pull Back Right analog stick

Embiggen: Left D-pad + Push Foward Right analog stick

So the issue I'm having is with colorization of the dojo. It won't let me preview unbuilt colors anymore(so I don't know what colors I want to build first).

When I restored defaults it automatically sets it to my first researched color and not the true default color. And it won't let me get back to the default color. Even if I press restore defaults it automatically sets it to my first research color.

It also says that I have to build the default color and that's an issue I've had for a long time, (before this update).

Feel free to reach out to me I would love to help you fix this anyway I could.

A Tenno that is truly yours.

Thank you for the QoL updates for Dojo! 

would like to add into the conversation since DE has acknowledged the creativity of the community and highlighting them through seasonal dojo deco competitions, I was just wondering if we could start expanding on how the Dojo could benefit/use from the rewards (platinum) other than being able to rush rooms and decorations. Will we be able to BUY personal items available on the MARKET using this platinum prize? I would like to suggest my own solutions if this is possible. 

- Add new or use existing hierarchy role (treasurer) to procure personal deco from the market which has an option to use personal platinum ot Dojo platinum. If using Dojo platinum, it goes straight to the Vault. if personal funds are used it directly goes to personal inventory. 

Thank you for reading! 

Please remove the 'Thank you for your contribution!" after contributing to a decoration.

This is redundant and useless since we have to move the mouse cursor and to click "ok" for "every" decoration.

There is no point to have this type of step.

One step further would be to remove the click "ok" for "Are you sure you want to contribute:" since we have a screen that let us spend our ressource in the step before and to valid this step we have to click "Contribute all" or "Contribute" before.

This is overcomplicated.

Maybe add a case in the bottom right for "Don't ask permission for contributing".

With that it would remove 2 steps to build a decoration.

It doesn't seem like anything but but when you have to build "thousands" of decoration, this is very very annoying.

So it would be like this:

key "é" > move mouse + click "contribute all" or "contribute"

Instead of this:

key "é" > move mouse + click "contribute all" or "contribute" > Message: "are you sure you want to contribute" > move mouse + click "ok" > Message: "Thanks for your contribution" > move mouse + click "ok"

Archived