The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence Dev Workshop & FAQ

[DE]Danielle

1 minute ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

As I said on the prior page:
This is a bonus only as compared to spending the same amount of money for lower tier packs. If you consistently get that same 'bonus' every time you by a specific pack tier (say the twenty dollar pack wit ha supposed seventy plat bonus) it is no longer 'bonus' it is simply what the pac is.  This talk of 'bonus' that I have seen many latch onto as a 'gotem' moment? I would request that you try finding something else to focus on, as that is a pure marketing gimmick to show the 'value' of buying, say, a twenty dollar plat pack vs four five dollar packs and thus encourage bigger purchases rather than spaced out little purchases.. 

I think it's fair to call a clearly-advertised "bonus" a "bonus". I won't say it's free or not a factor in the overall value of the pack as others will, but it is at least advertised as being separate from the bulk of the plat. The plat in Prime Vaults and Prime Access is not, however, advertised as "free", a "gift", nor a "bonus". It's a core part of the packs that you're paying money for.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Oh one thing I wanted to raise that I hope gets attention or notice by the powers to be!! 

Could we get previews of the stuff that Regal Aya will get us? Like if thats possible? Like are we going to be able to see what such armours and sigils look like? Whenever there is a Prime Accessories, whether its Unvault or from Access, it can be hard to imagine what the items might look like on certain Warframes. I do usually Youtube and hope someone has videos of them with the Accessories and make observations of that, but sometimes its really hard to actually find what some of the accessories look like. Being able to preview them, would be a big help and benefit to someone like me! If possible. Thanks! 

You should be able to chat-link most of it ingame today if you want a live preview, and there ought to be a preview option in the ingame store as well just like with any other vendor. Though I'm not sure if things like the Filigree Prime interior have working 3D previews ingame, but there should be a way to view it ingame. At the very least, stuff like that is pretty well-screenshotted on google.

17 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

szkzLer.png

This is a perfect example of why I value this regal aya system. 

The 200p is less of a concern to me than that useless prime distiller included. 

It's worth that 200p to me to be able to choose something else for 20$. A few of the prime accessories are like that. 

And again...people are losing their minds over 200p??? "The value!!!!" 

Use Legendary Fusion Cores and bonus Ducats instead of the plat in the packages. 

100plat (from previous package) = 1 core + 250ducat

Cores are tradeable and worth more than the endo alone. The sticky price on PC is 100-200p. 
Bonus ducats are thematically appropriate, and can translate to more valuable gear from Baro. 

New players get - easier access to maxed mods and Baro. Offer a path around the enormous early game grind wall. No one benefits from preventing reasonable quick access to a maxed Vitality or feeling obligated to spend every free minute relic cracking and endo farming. That is arguably more valuable than anything 200p could buy. 

Veterans get - A reasonable way to max out the non-essentials. Better access to valuable tradeable items that can easily translate to more plat than the old packages offered. Help bringing new friends into the game by air dropping them some maxed starter mods without feeling like you need to spend a week farming before the fun begins. 

This way you're not buying one premium currency with another, and the conversion rate is actually a bit better if traded. It would probably result in more plat purchases. Could also add cores (and maybe ducats) to the Regal Aya store. 1 core = 1 Regal Aya. Now you still have reason to buy Regal Aya if you already have the armor, and the extra cores in the packages feel like a deal. 

14 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

The 200p is less of a concern to me than that useless prime distiller included. 

Bolded for emphasis. To you. I'm not sure if you know this, but other people think different and have different circumstances. Let me help you understand why your peers might be a little upset:

1. Some people just don't like the feeling of being taken advantage of, lied to, deceived, or being made a fool. Big surprise I know. When DE originally posted the workshop, they said that the Regal Aya packs were an exact 1:1 with Prime Vault:

"Regal Aya Pack prices are an exact 1:1 with what you could get before in the Prime Vault Packs"
    https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/qrn3q6/prime_resurgence_dev_workshop_faq/

Yet as many pointed out on the 11th, this was not true. The equivalent accessories cost 4 Regal Aya, not 3, and the plat was not included. DE updated the Regal Aya pricing so most accessories packs are 3 Regal Aya, which is good but could be improved, and then quietly edited out the "exact 1:1" bit. While before it was an exact 1:1 with Prime Vault packs and there was nothing in Prime Vault packs you couldn't do with Regal Aya, now it's priced "as closely as possible". Unsurprisingly, some of us don't really like how this has been handled and the insistence that Endo at best and nothing at all at worst is a fair compensation for $10, $20, or $60 worth of plat is a bit, mm, suspect.
  2. Not everyone here is in as privileged a financial situation as you or I. We might be able to spend money without much concern, but not everyone is so lucky. For many of your fellow Tenno, getting what they pay for is a big deal. They can afford luxuries, sure, but they can't afford to be so wanton with their money that paying the same for half is acceptable.

FWIW, I fall into the former category. I'm not an idiot, Hypernaut, and I know when I'm getting a bad deal. If you're happy being taken advantage of then by all means, buy Endo and Credits from the market. But please keep that to yourself instead of trying to deceive your peers into thinking that everything is fine and equal because we're not stupid.

3 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I think it's fair to call a clearly-advertised "bonus" a "bonus".

We will have to agree to disagree given how I've seen that 'BUT IT'S A BONUS' used as shield to deflect with. If you think it's a bonus? OK. However in the Six-ish years I've been part of warframe (new account, lost bet wit ha friend, long story not important here) the plat prices and bundled plat haven't changed past the inclusion of the accessory packs when Jim Sterling asked for what the community had been demanding for years before that point.

8 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

people are losing their minds over 200p??? "The value!!!!" 

200 plat (at hte lowest tier mind you, the amount only raises with the additional tiers) gets you
* 5 forma bundle packs + 25 plat left over
* 10 potatoes / exilus / weapon exilus adaptors

* Many prime sets cost less than 200 plat.
* A one month booster of your choice
* two color pallets (each costing 75 plat) with an additional 60p left over
* many cosmetics
* the three starter frames each cost 75p, so you can get the two that you didn't initially start with, and they will each come with a potato and slot.
* trade for socketed anasa statues if you really want endo Right Now as opposed to buying a mod chance booster (because endo used to be fusion cores which were mod cards.)

Shall I go on?

That you see the flexibility as fair trade for bundled platinum is your choice. However many, myself included, are seeing DE go 'we included Endo that's the same right?' and goi 'lol No it isn't.'

36 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

(...)

Yeah, not gonna address the almost universally negative response to Regal Aya?

This is a great game despite the noob traps in the cash shop, and the community always warned against those, I just hope you guys at DE remember that.

22 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

And again...people are losing their minds over 200p??? "The value!!!!" 

I have enough Platinum where an additional 200 is almost nothing compared to the overall sum. However, I am also one of the people speaking up out of principle. The amount of Platinum is irrelevant, what matters is that DE is subbing it out without changing the price and initially saying this system is a 1:1 equivalence to Prime Vaults which is simply not true. Their new wording is now stretching the truth. If you really don't want players having Platinum then you should have been honest from the minute you posted it. Trying to pull a fast one on players when so many know better is wrong. 

This thread is just repeating itself at this point because the incompetence is tiring, and the people defending this system as it is are completely missing the point. People not speaking up or are defending this are condoning DE to take players for a ride as all these other companies do.

4 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I have enough Platinum where an additional 200 is almost nothing compared to the overall sum. However, I am also one of the people speaking up out of principle. The amount of Platinum is irrelevant, 

So is this just concern trolling? It's irrelevant to you, yet burn DE at the stake because....?

2 minutes ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

We will have to agree to disagree given how I've seen that 'BUT IT'S A BONUS' used as shield to deflect with. If you think it's a bonus? OK. However in the Six-ish years I've been part of warframe (new account, lost bet wit ha friend, long story not important here) the plat prices and bundled plat haven't changed past the inclusion of the accessory packs when Jim Sterling asked for what the community had been demanding for years before that point.

Just take a second: overall I agree with you. 'BUT IT'S A BONUS' is a flimsy, weak shield that doesn't actually exist. The missing value in the Regal Aya bundles remains a major issue that needs to be addressed.

But it's important to have rock-solid points when arguing against astroturf. The "bonus" plat in plat packs is clearly advertised as a bonus. I don't think it's valueless, free, or a gift, but it is clearly advertised as separate. And if anything, that's what helps the argument. The plat in the Prime Vault and Prime Access is different because it isn't advertised as something separate. It isn't a bonus, free, a gift, or however else Ervin and Hypernaut want to try and spin it.

37 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

You seem to not be understanding. Let me explain again. In the history of Warframr up to this point you were never able to buy prime accessories with Platinum. Only through the exchange of real currency outside of the game. 

Lemme stop you there, I see what has happened here - I worded my point ambiguously and you misunderstood. What I wrote:

1 hour ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Remove R.Aya entirely and have the items/bundles be buyable as with a regular unvaulting, with Platinum, but now with the added bonus of being able to buy single pieces individually.

What I meant: "have the items/bundles be buyable as with a regular unvaulting, with the Platinum included in the bundles as they are in a regular unvaulting."
How you interpreted it: "using Platinum to buy the items/bundles".

I thought the "as with a regular unvaulting" bit would make it obvious enough that I was talking about buying the items/bundles with money, but I guess not. Apologies for that.

6 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

So concern trolling? It's irrelevant to you, yet burn DE at the stake because....?

The amount of Platinum relative to how the player values it is not relevant, the objective value on their website and DE's behavior is. If you can't see that, then I can't help you. You're again missing the point. Whether intentional or not I can't tell.

3 hours ago, TheONLYHamster said:

by default 200 plat roughly would be something along the lines of £10 GBP (As an example for me) thats half the value of the total they're asking for with Regal Aya

Didn't you forget to apply discount when calculating the price of the plat?

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is the same on PC, plat comes with the prime bundles.

If I remember right, PC has discount coupons on plat which outperforms any bundles in terms of plat/$. For consoles prime vault may feel like "small bundle of plat with bonus frame in it" because price is near price of pure plat bundles. However prime access outperforms prime vault too, so I still don't get why people base their decision "whether to buy bundle" on plat.

-----------------------------

I'm more conserned of lack of "recently vaulted frames". More specifically, their accessories. Their prime access was gone for ears without any chance to get the accessories >:c I personally have already collected most vaulted frames and their accessories, but accessiries of primes that were present almost all my playtime are still inaccessible. 

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It's not really irrelevant to me because overreactions is why we can't have nice things

He says, trying to argue that other people shouldn't get the nice things on Tuesday that they can get today. 🤦‍♀️

6 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

What I meant: "have the items/bundles be buyable as with a regular unvaulting, with the Platinum included in the bundles as they are in a regular unvaulting."
How you interpreted it: "using Platinum to buy the items/bundles".

Ah, that had confused me a little as well. Not "with platinum" as in "bought with platinum" but as in "with platinum included", yeah?

42 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

You should be able to chat-link most of it ingame today if you want a live preview, and there ought to be a preview option in the ingame store as well just like with any other vendor. Though I'm not sure if things like the Filigree Prime interior have working 3D previews ingame, but there should be a way to view it ingame. At the very least, stuff like that is pretty well-screenshotted on google.

Oh nice! I never thought to try and preview items that way. Cheers, I'll go try that now. 

DE you're the one cutting yourself short on potential sales in this one. Maybe this is a push from Tencent to inspire year end cash flows to balance out the sheets, but I can say with certainty, judging by the majority of posts on this thread that your year end sales will be far lower than the potential. Mainly because you chose to replace the platinum bonus with endo. Sure the freedom of choice is nice, but with endo bonus it gives no freedom of choice but just choosing which mod you'll spend it on. Unlike having platinum as a bonus which leads to a vast array of choices to spend that currency on. BTW I understand alot of your sales hinge on uninformed players making hasty decisions to buy market items or packs, not knowing the accessibility of certain items for free means, or by their lack of knowledge on what they are missing out on. I understand you don't have to give a bonus, but you have conditioned us to expecting a plat bonus each time there is an unvaulting or pretty much anytime you release a support pack of sorts. Switching to endo with the excuse you don't want players to purchase one premium currency with another is just bologna. Why do you knowingly insist on cutting yourselves and players short on these sales? I just don't get it. The value doesn't equate and you know it. 

I think reading through the last few pages was a big mistake. These white knights making wrong claims about bonus plat and a 1:1 value really start to piss me off.

Let's make this as clear as it can get.

• 3 Regal Aya cost 20$
  • 3 Regal Aya allow you to buy the cosmetic stuff from one Accessory Pack

• An Accesssories Pack also costs 20$
  • 2 cosmetic items included
  • + 200 Platinum EXTRA

(just alone the amount of bullet points should tell you that there is a difference between the value/content of these packs)

These 200 plat are NOT a bonus but PART OF THE PACK. If you want to know what a bonus looks like, then go to the page where you can buy Platinum (https://www.warframe.com/buyplatinum).
As a rule of thumb: If it is not labeled "bonus" then it is NOT A BONUS and also NOT A GIFT. It essentially is part of the Accessories Packs.
(if you doubt this actually undeniable fact you are actually implying that DE for years did false advertisement of their products; dunno if that makes it any better)

Ok, since we now all can agree that the content of these packs is not equal lets talk about the value.
The EXTRA 200 Platinum (which is NOT A BONUS and NOT A GIFT) has a value (otherwise DE would not sell Platinum for real money). For simplicity reasons (because I have absolutely no interest to calculate the value for every of the many different currencies) I would say that 200 platinum at worth a bit more than 10$ (or whatever it is in your country).
I even think that we as players do not care about paying 1-2$ too much... so let's stick with the 200p = 10$.
That in return means that the remaining content in the Accessories pack has a value of 10$.

So why in gods name are we supposed to pay 20$ now for something that only has an equivalent value of 10$?
That's extortionate! (and in many countries even illegal)

If you still believe that the Acessories packs have the same value (in terms of money and content) as the Regal Aya pack then I challenge you to show us the definitive proof of your claims either by proving that the Platinum was a free bonus/gift or that Platinum in Warframe has no monetary value at all.

This being put aside I believe that DE also has to explain why there is a discrepancy between the prices of the Regal Aya packs in terms of price increase of the bigger packs vs the claims about the containing bonus Regal Aya. The numbers clearly don't fit together in terms of value.

42 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Ah, that had confused me a little as well. Not "with platinum" as in "bought with platinum" but as in "with platinum included", yeah?

Exactly. I'm not someone who thinks premium currencies and Prime cosmetics should be grindable in-game. One could make an argument for having them tradeable, like Platinum is, but definitely not grindable.

9 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Exactly. I'm not someone who thinks premium currencies and Prime cosmetics should be grindable in-game. One could make an argument for having them tradeable, like Platinum is, but definitely not grindable.

There were some who demanded this earlier in this thread, actually. But yeah. Shouldn't be grindable at all

56 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It's not really irrelevant to me because overreactions is why we can't have nice things

That's a 2-way street. We can't have nice things because some people (Like you in this particular instance) are OK with absolutely no standards, integrity, principle, or consistency. 

"It's their game and DE can do what they want" is the ultimate shut-down answer from you in most of these arguments among many years of threads in which people (Respectfully and disrespectfully) call out DE on what many perceive as anti-player, greedy, and/or tone-deaf behavior.

Just because something doesn't affect you doesn't mean it isn't a problem. The fact you are saying here that people who are not happy with this situation in principle are just concern-trolling says more about you than what you think you are saying about them. 

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Hypernaut1 being his own self-concerned and selfish jack***. Nothing new here. 

"I don't see the issue here" | "This is better for me!" | "This amount of plat means nothing, eww these POOR people who want 200p and are looking for consistent value!!!"

People have written 6 pages of price breakdowns and predatory pricing issues and how this is a close to 100% value reduction, and the most these defenders can drum up in their arguments is "It was just a bonus" (proven false on page 27-28); "I like it therefore you guys should too" (a personal opinion bereft of argumentation) and the evergreen catch-all "It is DE's game, they can do what ever they want, you can leave."

The number of contrarians/white knights in this 30 page long thread has increased from one to three in one day.

Archived