The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence Dev Workshop & FAQ

[DE]Danielle

Personally, as a low income gamer I ONLY buy platinum at a highly reduced rate (and then in bulk due to waiting for the discount). I would much prefer a way to get things like the Prime Extractor Blueprints for Aya than have to even consider spending money I don't have -- that being said I am missing a few prime frames so I'm grateful for that opportunity.

As for the "Regal Aya" vs "Prime Accessories" debate, I'm one of the people that would never have bought either, and even I think the Regal Aya is a weird price system. The only thing its showing me is that some of the prime accessories are cheaper than others of the same kind, which shows a blatant bias in the development/marketing of those prime frames packs. I know you legit gave us certain frames like Hydroid in the past, but if for example one Syandana costs 2 regal yet all the others cost 1, isn't that a bit strange?

Oh well... its the same grind under a different name, but now with a shorter window of opportunity. I'd best get cracking relics today I guess. 😅

EDIT: Actually, wouldn't just being able to buy regal aya for platinum instead even out the market anyway? Free players get paid cosmetics. Win-win.

34 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

No, I've always paid $20 for cosmetics. Are we really trying to convince everyone that plat is what you pay for and the cosmetics are extra? 

trying to convince players to demonize, and boycott a company over the pricing of completely optional, narrow range of cosmetics with no gameplay value in their f2p game is tacky. 

someone is even trying to organize some kind of Twitter harassment campaign over it. 

I'm simply stating why I think it's a value the same way you think it's not.

This would be the case if 10K endo is the same as 200 plat which it’s not and therefore pushing the event with its current pricing is scummy either way because if people DO buy it for it to be changed later they literally got scammed. 

listen I get it the mob mentality is weird I’ve witnessed it before but when you’re cheating players MONEY it’s scummy and YT’s that usually support to a WHIM tell you something is wrong and you go “welp too late gg pay up or wait a year plus to even see if we attempt this again :)” is awful

this isn’t RNG or drop rates for you to be using “free to play” as a point especially for a scenario that CLEARLY involves money is bs.

it’s NOT the value it’s worth get over it players reactions could be better but as seen many times DE often chooses to ignore it unless it gets attention.

17 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

3. "a lot", as in the sentence "you sure talk a lot about programming purchases directly into the game for some weird reason".

Just because there's non-scam options doesn't mean that one of them isn't a scam. Just because you're free to choose to not spend your currency, or to indefinitely refrain from consuming a product bought with your currency, doesn't mean that one of them isn't a scam. 5 ducats for an Aya is a scam, pure and simple.

But that is what DE wants, to have it inside the game. Which has limitation when it comes to using real cash direct purchases. Which is what you want, to have it work like it does instead of using RA by the sound of it. That wont work with what DE wants in order to improve their own and the player's QoL around access rotations.

A free item obtained within the game from mission rewards, how on earth is that ever a scam? Who gains on the player selling those? Oh yeah, that new NPC will be rich on our expense, then that NPC will give all those Aya to DE so they can build their Evil Fortress of Extreme Digitalization. I mean really, a scam? Oh my, oh my.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

Someone used the full value of the plat in their calculation regarding what the plat was worth in a pack, the full value ended up an average between 2 packs at 11-14$ in that calculation. And that is even when the critics here have pointed out it is "discounted" plat being offered. So basing a price reduction on the full value or even close to it when it is "discounted" would be very odd. Which is why $5 would seem right in such a case because that would mean the platinum was around 60% off in the specific bundle. Sure one can say that it is only 1% of in the pack to fuel an agenda regarding how much of a priority the plat has in the bundle compared to the actual products.

The it would also really come down to which platform, since platinum is valued differently across them all aswell, just as adding in the potential of 1-bundle platinum discounts or general period discounts between the platforms. We have 1-time bundle discounts on PC, you have period discounts on console. Where should the value of the plat from a access bundle end up to be even for all platforms and work for future cross-features?

Eh that sounds a bit off off to me, and not as relevant a point to focus on, in the sense none of this is a vacuum as I explained later in my post. In practical terms, the more expensive packs have more value, and right now, Plat and Regal Aya compete with each other. DE has used the phrasing alternative in reference to Regal Aya, another way to get Premium Accessories, which is accurate, but only in relative degrees. Again if someone places value in Plat. If they don't, then its even more accurate as far as being an alternative. So even if hypothetically everyone magically came to the consensus of the value of Plat, its still versus the values assigned to the concepts around Regal Aya. Which to myself, I'd assume is flexibility with choice and time. People could provide input, its a bit subjective here naturally, since people have different degrees of patience, so on. Plus accounting for peoples different circumstance. Like whether they always wanted one very specific Sigil but only that. 

In practice it means some people will end up having to spend more money than they were planning on. We could say things like "well don't just spend the money" but in which case, for a lot of those people their satisfaction and happiness would be higher if such a choice weren't offered. Its like if in December DE announced they are going to bring out Harrow Prime and Khora Prime. To many that would be exciting, but it also means for those that can only afford one PA, now there are two, and then if DE made the window to buy both 1 month, then even more pressure. Whilst alternatively a lot of people would just be overjoyed since it means they are just getting a Prime faster and even more so if they are getting a Prime Frame they really like sooner. 

How people value various products, items, currency, real or digital, even in ways they can't necessarily communicate in objective ways, or necessarily well can be complex and nuance. We could say "well do some people just want DE to just give us Prime frames for free, and maybe some do, but its more nuanced than that. 

I guess from discussing this that is the most simple and concise way of summarising all this. If you are a player sitting on 10 thousand plat, but you have always wanted Avia Prime armour, because Twitch doesn't exist in your country, Regal Aya is going to be really valuable and very much worth it. You won't be feeling like this Christmas you are paying more than you were prepared to. Or if you do, its not going to make you feel resentful. For many people who occasionally spend real money on Warframe, and were expecting to, who are use to getting Plat, a new system with more choice around accessories and other items you only usually get in paid packs, without having to wait years, is great... in theory... but if their Warframe spending habits place high value on getting plat, then they have to sacrifice something or pay more, which is going to create resentment, regardless of people trying to tell that "well technically this is fair because you are paying for the advantage of choice and getting this now instead of 1 year from now, like Prime Vault etc" because it means that now they have to buy a pack to get adjacent Plat and Regal Aya, both again that incentivise the higher valued packs. Competitive vs alternative models. 

I don't necessarily agree with some of the behaviour I personally see from some fans unhappy with this topic, but at a minimum I can understand the reasons why many people feel and think such things, and where.why the resentment and animosity is being created. 

28 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

No, I've always paid $20 for cosmetics. Are we really trying to convince everyone that plat is what you pay for and the cosmetics are extra? 

trying to convince players to demonize, and boycott a company over the pricing of completely optional, narrow range of cosmetics with no gameplay value in their f2p game is tacky. 

someone is even trying to organize some kind of Twitter harassment campaign over it. 

I'm simply stating why I think it's a value the same way you think it's not.

No, you've always paid $20 for cosmetics and 200p. Are you really trying to convince everyone that 0p and 200p are the same?

And I wouldn't say demonize, but a day-1 boycott certainly seems like a reasonable response over an issue with pricing, and at this point seems entirely likely.

4 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I was excited also, wanted to get those Syandanas and Armour I missed out on over the years, but having to pay more real world money that I don't have seems stupid considering the plat I have, DE why not just put everything in the Market for us to buy with plat, double dipping forcing us to buy a new form of currency isn't a good look.

Exactly bro Exactly literally feel like we will have to wait another year or even longer for me to be able to buy Accessories like this again such a shame the regal Aya price is ruining it. However I don’t agree for it to plat purchasable as that ruins it for all the players who buy it through the vaults so no… 

1 minute ago, (PSN)RB3-Reloaded said:

Exactly bro Exactly and I literally feel like we will have to wait another year or even longer for it to happen again sighhhh

I can actually understand why DE wouldn't want to have prime accessories be plat purchisable as that would retroactivly hurt everyone who's ever bought prime packs. Plus, in fairness, they need to keep SOME exclusivity to entice real money spending. Given what we are getting for free I consider that fair.

The Royal Aya prices at the moment, however, are not fair as comparison to prime packs. 

14 minutes ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:
14 minutes ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

I can actually understand why DE wouldn't want to have prime accessories be plat purchisable as that would retroactivly hurt everyone who's ever bought prime packs. Plus, in fairness, they need to keep SOME exclusivity to entice real money spending. Given what we are getting for free I consider that fair.

The Royal Aya prices at the moment, however, are not fair as comparison to prime packs. 

Oh yhhhh lol I didn’t see the rest I’m not agreeing at all with plat option I just meant we will have to wait a long time before Buying Prime accessories will ever be an option again and the current Regal Aya price is bad 

20 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

With Prime Resurgence launching tomorrow, we wanted to answer your requests to (a) add Platinum to the packs and (b) add Accessories Packs with Platinum. 

A. The reality is that for this inaugural launch we are unable at this time (right before launch) to add Platinum to the packs due to technical and compliance limitations across all Warframe’s platforms. We want to avoid doing any changes midway through the event as well, with it becoming a logistical challenge on the backend setup and unfair to the players who were early participants. While it is not possible for this first run, we have pages upon pages of feedback here that will be considered alongside the data we’ll be reviewing once the event has finished. Rest assured the importance of bonus Platinum in the value proposition is noted for next time. 

B. The same reasoning from A applies to adding Accessories Packs - there is still much to consider for an event that has yet to run, but being the biggest discussed point here we know it is desired. But since we are unable to add a Pack at this point, there is no way for us to add Platinum to a pack that doesn’t exist. 

We really want to stress again that this is our first attempt at running an event like this. It has been 8 years of the same Prime Access system and 7 years of Prime Vault, we aren’t reinventing the wheel but we are venturing into an entirely new way to make Prime items available in ways we’ve never attempted before. And this is why player feedback is so vital, we know what your top concerns are and will take it into consideration if we look at a future run of Prime Resurgence. 

We just simply cannot commit to any major systematic changes at this time, because of the reasons listed above and because we need performance data to make educated and informed decisions if we run the event again. These may not be the answers you were hoping for, but for the sake of transparency they are the answers we have to give at this time. We also want to make a point of saying that you as a player have the freedom to participate in any form that is most comfortable to you. With far more avenues of access to free-path Primed items with Aya, you can dedicate your time to building up that Prime inventory that you’ve been dreaming of. 

Thank you for reading and we’ll see you for tomorrow’s launch! 

Yeah... sorry not going to buy ANY Regal Aya...
Pretty sure that means I'm screwed out of getting the Accessories but... Yeah I'm not dealing with this

9 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I don't necessarily agree with some of the behaviour I personally see from some fans unhappy with this topic, but at a minimum I can understand the reasons why many people feel and think such things, and where.why the resentment and animosity is being created. 

I'm in the same boat and you also point out a very important thing and that is that the personal player value of plat is not unified, we all see different value in it. Something the unhappy also point out, but at the same time fail to realise goes both ways, since there are those that see full value in it and those that see next to none in it. Which is why I'm 100% fine with these changes because the bundles have never been my way of getting platinum and I find next to zero value in that part of the packs. If I were to buy them the value would be in unlocking the frames and weapons instantly with taters and slots included, or possibly me wanting a specific cosmetic.

I think that is what people dont get regarding my reasoning, that is is personal in value for everyone and the hard value of something is only in the decision of DE and what part of the bundles they base their pricing on. But many seem to think that only their personal value is the correct one, they disregard those that see less or no value in it as DE defenders or whiteknights.

For me it mostly comes down to if it will be beneficial for DE or not since it is in the end about business, revenue and the future of sustaining game development. Changing prices or what is offered is just a natural part of the process. If I was in the position of deciding what an access packs would include from the get go I would have never thrown plat on them in the first place. That is because it is a revenue provider that can already be traded between players. Instead I would have priced the bundles compared to what normal items cost and then made some adjustments based on it being sold as bundles, with further price incentives to buy bigger bundles over smaller ones.

31 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:
1 hour ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

I implore others to do the same.

Speaking of, I assume you have done the same? 

Not yet, but it'll be my first priority once I'm done with an assignment due tonight.

28 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

But that is what DE wants, to have it inside the game. Which has limitation when it comes to using real cash direct purchases. Which is what you want, to have it work like it does instead of using RA by the sound of it. That wont work with what DE wants in order to improve their own and the player's QoL around access rotations.

A free item obtained within the game from mission rewards, how on earth is that ever a scam? Who gains on the player selling those? Oh yeah, that new NPC will be rich on our expense, then that NPC will give all those Aya to DE so they can build their Evil Fortress of Extreme Digitalization. I mean really, a scam? Oh my, oh my.

If you trace this conversation back, you'll see that having an expanded site store was but one of the possible solutions I put forth. The simpler ones would be to either halve the Regal Aya prices or double the amount gained per purchase.

"A free item obtained within the game from mission rewards, how on earth is that ever a scam?" Hmm, yeah you're right - it's definitely never a scam. So how about you sell me every Riven mod of yours for a Perpetual Agony mod each? That can't possibly be a scam, because Rivens are free items obtained within the game from mission rewards, so you should be totally fine with that! ^^

vor 3 Stunden schrieb DukeRukasu:

This is not how maths work! If you plan to only buy one Accessory pack you lose on Plat that is worth about 12$ compared to a normal unvaulting, that is not taking into account that, this Plat probably counts as discounted. That means it is around 50% at max and this is only true if you plan to buy exactly one accessory pack of one warframe, not more. No mix matching and stuff

Of course that is how math works.
200plat is worth 12$.
200plat is missing from the packs which otherwise have equal value so it is 20$ per pack -12$ for the missing platn = two items remaining in the pack for a total value of 8$.
The equivalent of these 2 items (worth 8$) is sold via the new Aya packs for 20€ total. That is an additional cost of 150% for these 2 cosmetic items.

You are of course right if you assume that the 200plat is bought extra to the Aya Packs. 20$ + 12$ compared to the old Accessories Packs is a 60% price increase. It is a matter of point of view (if you want the plat or if you are solely interested in the cosmetics).

Nonetheless, both calculations are awful for the players.

3 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

If you trace this conversation back, you'll see that having an expanded site store was but one of the possible solutions I put forth. The simpler ones would be to either halve the Regal Aya prices or double the amount gained per purchase.

"A free item obtained within the game from mission rewards, how on earth is that ever a scam?" Hmm, yeah you're right - it's definitely never a scam. So how about you sell me every Riven mod of yours for a Perpetual Agony mod each? That can't possibly be a scam, because Rivens are free items obtained within the game from mission rewards, so you should be totally fine with that! ^^

But then we are back to the cost again only and not the technical implementation of this. Back forth, back forth etc.

Not really the same. You would at the same time also be prepared to offer me atleast 3 identical rivens if I like, aslong as I run a 1 minute capture mission. You could also go bust and be forced to give me around 6 identical ones.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb DukeRukasu:

People are claiming DE is turning into EA, this is why I mentioned normal Aya.

Calling the Plat the most expensive part of a dual pack is disingenious imho, as stated again and again, this plat is clearly discounted and shouldnt be taken into account in its full value. But I give up now, I feel like a parrot that repeats the same things over and over again only to be ignored again by the circlejerking mob

I am not really sure if normal Aya is really a good thing.

It is a ONE week grind vs. having 3 months time before. If you know where to get the relics you want (and the game tells you where ot get them) then the 3 months time to get the relics was pretty chilling. Dunno if a ONE week cycle makes it any easier... especially for players which have not much time during that particular week or which can only play on the weekends. I can be totally wrong here (and probably am wrong) but I can imagine that Aya might not be the better way for certain groups of players.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

You would at the same time also be prepared to offer me atleast 3 identical rivens if I like, aslong as I run a 1 minute capture mission. You could also go bust and be forced to give me around 6 identical ones.

Still waiting for that 1,200 plat for my Primed Continuity. You gonna put your money where your mouth is? If not, I would recommend putting away the white knight outfit and stop defending DE.

1 minute ago, SephirothWS said:

Still waiting for that 1,200 plat for my Primed Continuity. You gonna put your money where your mouth is? If not, I would recommend putting away the white knight outfit and stop defending DE.

Why would I give you that. As I've said from the start, player to player values are different from DE values. I'd personally offer you 50p for a R10 Primed Continuity or R0 Primed Continuity, that is what the mod is worth to me.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Why would I give you that.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

And not really sure what you aim for in your other sentence. You get 50k endo, that allows for upgrading of primed mods, which you can sell to other players fully upgraded for far more plat.

Because YOU yourself said that. Try again.

@[DE]Danielle and @[DE]CoreyOnline Is this happening because DE needs a money infusion? Wouldn't it be better for the company to openly announce this and offer a monthly "Loyalty" subscription? The monthly income would provide the stability needed for dedicated P2P Servers (needed for X-save/X-play and Warframe Mobile IMO).

I would be willing to pay $10/month (same as Netflix). For any Founder Tenno, a loyalty subscription would have extra-extra benefits. This would reward them without taking anything away from them.

As an organization that claims to listen-to and appreciate the community, this current business model is a disappointment. 😿

Is Warframe supposed to be a Munny Shower? Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Or a "one-for-all, all-for-one" exchange? Arthur Musketeers GIF by BIGI_TV

vor 14 Minuten schrieb OP-R8R:

Of course that is how math works.
200plat is worth 12$.
200plat is missing from the packs which otherwise have equal value so it is 20$ per pack -12$ for the missing platn = two items remaining in the pack for a total value of 8$.
The equivalent of these 2 items (worth 8$) is sold via the new Aya packs for 20€ total. That is an additional cost of 150% for these 2 cosmetic items.

You are of course right if you assume that the 200plat is bought extra to the Aya Packs. 20$ + 12$ compared to the old Accessories Packs is a 60% price increase. It is a matter of point of view (if you want the plat or if you are solely interested in the cosmetics).

Nonetheless, both calculations are awful for the players.

Ah, know I understand. But that would mean, that in your perspective you are buying a Plat pack with discounted accessories... I am pretty sure this is not how it is intended.

Archived