The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone use extractors? (I'm just curious)

Tombsite

1 hour ago, KnossosTNC said:

Used to. Just for some easy, lazy extra resources. I still got most of my resources from mission drops; Extractor were just for some zero-effort extras. Last time I used them was when Hexenon was first introduced.

But now? I'm overflowing with surplus resources, and my Extractors are collecting digital dust.

Interesting it seems among newer players and people's experiences when they were new they were relatively commonly used.

Now among players who have been around for a while, the main use for them is Hexenon, and the main ask for what could make them more useful is to farm open world resources.

I hope DE reads this thread. It would take little effort to update them. Why not be able to say, deploy an extractor specifically in the Drift, PoE or Vallis? 

And maybe a little less micromanagement to use them in the UI, just a little bit of quality of life. 

16 minutes ago, Thawfoot said:

early in the game i did a lot .. also able to deploy and pick them up with the app.. ment i could use them while away...

at this stage in the game for me ... i dont need stuff anymore

as a passive way to get stuff   its not bad i guess

That's a good point, being able to use them with the app is really nice. I can update it at work, and with an eight hour return this actually makes it relatively easy to to time doing it multiple times a day without hassle/logging in/etc. With the app + extractors we can farm without even playing the game when we are away, hell you could be on vacation and come back with a pile of rarer uncommon resources just be checking in with your phone here or there. 

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i don't usually remember to cycle mine but i do use them to get some extra Poly to help fuel those Pizzas. a bit here and there helps a lot with keeping me from having to do hardcore grinding for Polymer.

I gotta admit as a "vet" (probably because I used to abuse pizza's way more than I do now) that polymer is one of the only long term resources I actually ever find myself low on, but I do find myself low on it on a regular basis. 

Well, that and Cryotic I guess. I helped a big clan that is now defunct with a lot of research back in the day such as Knux research and I contributed generously, and I built the Sibear too.  

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I gotta admit as a "vet" (probably because I used to abuse pizza's way more than I do now) that polymer is one of the only long term resources I actually ever find myself low on, but I do find myself low on it on a regular basis. 

those Pizzas add up! especially with how many Eidolon Hunting sucks up.

actually a pretty decent amount of Poly from those Drones, 3 locations on the Solar Map to get it from and that's a good chance (feels close to 50% on average) for roughly 500 Poly
which means if you remember to cycle your Drones on a regular basis, 88% rate for >=10 Pizzas per 8Hours! which also means a relatively good probability for 20!

better still if one has Distilling Prime.

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

those Pizzas add up! especially with how many Eidolon Hunting sucks up.

actually a pretty decent amount of Poly from those Drones, 3 locations on the Solar Map to get it from and that's a good chance (feels close to 50% on average) for roughly 500 Poly
which means if you remember to cycle your Drones on a regular basis, 88% rate for >=10 Pizzas per 8Hours! which also means a relatively good probability for 20!

better still if one has Distilling Prime.

It really is a good return. 

I still have the Titan Extractor Prime BP from buying the Ember and Frost Prime Vault Package years ago though. 

But I should take advantage during this event and snag the Distilling Extractor Prime BP. It is only one regal aya or bonus as part of the mag prime regal aya only pack. 

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Interesting it seems among newer players and people's experiences when they were new they were relatively commonly used.

Now among players who have been around for a while, the main use for them is Hexenon, and the main ask for what could make them more useful is to farm open world resources.

I hope DE reads this thread. It would take little effort to update them. Why not be able to say, deploy an extractor specifically in the Drift, PoE or Vallis? 

And maybe a little less micromanagement to use them in the UI, just a little bit of quality of life. 

I think the how cumbersome the method for deploying is is part of the problem, when a single rare resource can mean the difference between building a new item or not it's worth the tedium. Wish we could just have a list of planets and tick them off to send the drones out. having to go in and out of each planet with multiple yes confirms for all 5 extractors is just... bleh I get bored just thinking of it.

54 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

I think the how cumbersome the method for deploying is is part of the problem, when a single rare resource can mean the difference between building a new item or not it's worth the tedium. Wish we could just have a list of planets and tick them off to send the drones out. having to go in and out of each planet with multiple yes confirms for all 5 extractors is just... bleh I get bored just thinking of it.

A nice fix would be just have us claim it then it just starts the next extraction on the same planet, after you set it up on the planets just one claim all button. Would make the bothersome clicks only necessary when we want to change planets making it happen a lot less often.

3 hours ago, FoxLove said:

Interesting. I'm low on nano spores for the exact same reason. Pizzas require way more spores than polys.

they do, but Poly is the Resource that is the hardest to acquire by accident. the Commons if you go anywhere you'll leave like 5 Digits without trying, hehe.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Crackle2012 said:

I'm somewhat OCD, so It's actually the first thing I do when I log in XD -- Collect, then re- deploy!

Absolutely the same here, Jupiter, Eris, Pluto and Phobos always and as soon as they are finished re-deploy - every day via app mostly.

Great for gathering extra Plastids and Hexenon  etc for clan dojo requirements.

The biggest issue with using extractors is how terrible the UI is. It is easy to forget about them plus the process of deploying is poorly executed. We should be able to just zoom out the star chart, mouse over a planetary system and launch the as probes. But this complaint could be leveled at most of Warframe's UI design - form over function while the opposite should be true.

No.  I did for a few days when I first got the prime access they came with.  The micro of them compared to the reward wasn’t worth it.  It was easier to just run a long survival and farm whatever it was I needed.  That was also before resource and drop chance boosters were things which sorta makes them even more pointless.

If they were able to be used on open world maps I’d probably use them there.

I remember back when I was farming Polymer Bundles and @-CdG-Zilchy tried to convince me that Extractors were an Excellent way to make Resources.... So I made three of them and put the on Venus Uranus and The Derelict (back when it was still called The Derelict) and waited 8 Hours....

I retrieved the Extractors and:

"87 Polymer Bundles Collected"...

😐.....

I ignored Zilchy and My experienced has been drastically much better since then....

I also tried to Passively Farm Mutagen Samples this way.... It's just way too damn slow.... Also I deployed a bunch of Distilling Extractors to Eris and never got A Mutagen Sample drop Once.....

It's sucks but if you want Resources it's better to get them yourself...

Pro Tip to anyone farming Orokin Cells and Argon Crystals:

Charm_19.6.3.png

Just Use It.... 

Smeeta Kavat was my 3rd Companion, my 2nd Pet, and my 1st Kitty.... Ever since I got her I have never had to Farm a single Orokin Cell and I am still completely Baffled by players still Spamming The Vor and Sargus bosses trying to get these things.... 😱

I mean... I get people would prefer to farm stuff their own way but this is so SubOptimal 😱....

On 2021-11-19 at 6:49 PM, Tombsite said:

Title pretty much sums it up. Seeing that you can pick up the shiny golden version right now made me recall that extractors are a thing in this game. I seem to remember using extractors for a bit when I started out but found that despite them being very low effort to use they still weren't worth it.

So do you use the extractors? why/why not? 

They were "shiny stuff" to use as a new account, then you got stronger and looked up farming info.

The distiller cut down on rare times, but cryo can only be farmed through excavation. 

Yup, a lot. I send them for Nano Spores since I'm spending tons of those on energy pizzas, ciphers and specters while not actually playing on the planets where they drop.

Crafted two sets, so it's not a big deal if I get some damaged. Usually, just pick them up when I notice them in the navigation window, but sometimes can log in from the mobile app too (they are actually more convenient in the app, less clicks somehow) - when I manage to do it three times a day they can actually net 10k+ per day.

Archived