Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People complaining about TNW being too long

DreisterDino

Ughhhh why are the Sentients being so dramatic. Wars take forever, can't we like, call it the Naw. Instead? Just one word, no war, just Naw. Why do we even have to participate, we don't need to control Tesh, K or V, they seem like they got this covered. Maybe the Naw can just be an optional cinematic for those of us who have time for boring dumb story stuff. Just gimme Rev 2.0 so I can feed to my Helminth and if the Sortie is 2 Capture and 1 Exterminate, maybe I do that before I dip, so I can just get on with it!! 

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Tiltskillet:

Well, I've seen complaints about missions that take more than 10, 5, or 2 minutes, so pushback over several hours is not exactly a surprise. 

Plus quests, cutscenes, and altered persona play--even if they're well done-- aren't going to be everyone's favorite in the first place.

I have a great idea for people who don't like it: Just don't play it.

Warframe works without playing the quests

30 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

I have a great idea for people who don't like it: Just don't play it.

Warframe works without playing the quests

Sure.  But is it a surprise that some people criticize it?  It's not to me.

I also don't think they're all automatically just a bunch of whiners, even though I don't share much of the concern.

5 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

People who want to be angry will find a reason to be angry.

I'm sure this is not a problem related to the game. 

Obviously it is an anger management problem. 

It may be short, or long. If the quality is there. It doesn't matter the length. 

1 minute ago, Felsagger said:

I'm sure this is not a problem related to the game. 

Obviously it is an anger management problem. 

It may be short, or long. If the quality is there. It doesn't matter the length. 

Indeed, just a general anger management thing. 

I've known individuals addicted to anger who played other games too. Had a roommate who could have easily drowned out the neighbors with white noise like a box fan, but didn't run white noise, I think just so he could work himself up about the noise and pound on the ceiling, sending those sweet rage high chemicals to his brain. He was more annoying than the neighbors. I could drown out their noise with a box fan, but hard to block out mr. ragers regular outbursts. 

In a game as big as WF, there will always be a few anger addicted individuals who go through life looking for things to be mad about so they can get their next "fix". 

1 minute ago, Twin_Fawn said:

I'm more worried that it doesn't come with any substantial gameplay changes, new modes, things like that..

The "content draught" feeling for me is kinda serious. A 5 hour quest with nothing else attached to it would be a nice send off, but at this point it would be a send off ^^;

I believe Steve did say something about their also being new gameplay stuff, but of course they are going to be super mum about what, or how much new stuff, because anything could give away spoilers about what's coming. 

Giving away even a little bit about what new systems are coming could give too much away. 

Maybe it won't be this update, but personally I'm hoping for operator melee. Anything new would be cool though. 

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

In a game as big as WF, there will always be a few anger addicted individuals who go through life looking for things to be mad about so they can get their next "fix". 

Precisely. 

And you have people who has anger management problems on the forums too in general when they do not agree or follow certain logic. This is an unhealthy practice that really hurts the individual. Sometimes is better of letting people speak for themselves and just enjoy the game in a healthy way. It's not going to be all what they want but I'm sure the game will provide a good time. 

DE will give us a good adventure for sure. Problems, issues? well everything has problems and issues but the joyride is there free. I still support DE for the monumental work they did constructing this virtual world with all the employees, developers, programmers, concept artists, 3D modelers, animators and software engineers. 

Nothing is perfect and nothing is for free, ever. But if we measure the goods over the not so good, I reached Mr30 for a reason. The game gave me good times up to this date for nine years. I think, as you said before, we should stop smacking DE. They did their part. 

In life everything has a remedy. If some game doesn't live up to anyone expectations, simply pick another. These games will continue emerging. There are plenty of them for everybody. :p

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Wait... That thing has a Function ? 

I thought it was Exclusively a Decoration 🤣

I did originally as well, didn't even realise I could click on it and get some audio played etc....only found out I could use it after reading the wiki about how to get the sword lol

Using a key on it basically turns it into a 60 nw credit riven drop. 

First time I did it I also got the blueprint for the sword via message but the reward from the 'mission' was a riven... the mission absolutely sucks though.

8 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I did originally as well, didn't even realise I could click on it and get some audio played etc....only found out I could use it after reading the wiki about how to get the sword lol

Using a key on it basically turns it into a 60 nw credit riven drop. 

First time I did it I also got the blueprint for the sword via message but the reward from the 'mission' was a riven... the mission absolutely sucks though.

I'm sure there are some Tenno out there who got good at doing the battle quickly and with little to no aggravation who consider it a nice little extra riven farm for their extra NW credits, but I couldn't imagine repeating it. 

Just don't enjoy it. Didn't enjoy that type of platforming boss when it was more popular in one and done games when I was a kid, and I don't like that type of boss still as an adult. Doesn't mean I couldn't do it in any games movement system with some practice, just not fun. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

I'm sure there are some Tenno out there who got good at doing the battle quickly and with little to no aggravation who consider it a nice little extra riven farm for their extra NW credits, but I couldn't imagine repeating it. 

Just don't enjoy it. Didn't enjoy that type of platforming boss when it was more popular in one and done games when I was a kid, and I don't like that type of boss still as an adult. 

Yeah once was more than enough for me as well, didn't help that I found it a little buggy as well, the throws didn't always seem to hit the target even though they were dead on etc.

27 minutes ago, _junguler said:

5 hours of being locked out of what makes warframe great sounds awful, i'm sorry if they worked really hard on this content for 2+ years but this doesn't sound enticing at all.

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

I’m personally excited. Even if there’s nothing substantial after the quest, I’ll be glad I got a 4+ hour experience

10 minutes ago, Mr.NoodleHair said:

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

I’m personally excited. Even if there’s nothing substantial after the quest, I’ll be glad I got a 4+ hour experience

i understand your excitement and it's the normal thing to feel, i know i'm in the minority in this situation and that's fine too, the world needs all sorts of opinions to keep spinning and that is a great thing

2 minutes ago, _junguler said:

i understand your excitement and it's the normal thing to feel, i know i'm in the minority in this situation and that's fine too, the world needs all sorts of opinions to keep spinning and that is a great thing

Oh I understand your concerns. 

I don't mind it, but I know some people might get quite frustrated. If The War Within having people go to support to get pulled out of the quest when they got stuck and upset was anything to go by, there will definitely be some frustrated Tenno complaining about getting stuck in an hours long quest and wanting to just go back to the main game until they feel ready to run through it again. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I don't mind it, but I know some people might get quite frustrated. If The War Within having people go to support to get pulled out of the quest when they got stuck and upset was anything to go by, there will definitely be some frustrated Tenno complaining about getting stuck in an hours long quest and wanting to just go back to the main game until they feel ready to run through it again. 

my war within experience was buggy but thankfully nothing game breaking or progress stopping, i'm not even worried about being bugged out, i just don't want to spend that much time on a one and done story quest, i'm not interested about the lore stuff at all, i want to go back to playing the game as quickly as possible and use the potential new gameplay relevant stuff that they teased is going to be there.

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Not to mention bugs..... 4.5+ hour has the potential for a lot of (game/mission breaking) bugs to crop up. 

1 minute ago, _junguler said:

my war within experience was buggy but thankfully nothing game breaking or progress stopping, i'm not even worried about being bugged out, i just don't want to spend that much time on a one and done story quest, i'm not interested about the lore stuff at all, i want to go back to playing the game as quickly as possible and use the potential new gameplay relevant stuff that they teased is going to be there.

Not so much just bugs, there were people just getting frustrated with the skill stuff like getting past the worms and such (IIRC...), and the new mechanics were driving them nuts. I remember it driving me nuts for a while myself until I finally figured out the patterns. But I get what you are saying, I think making it so you HAVE to do it all at once isn't exactly the greatest idea, but I have no idea what technical or story limitations led them to make that choice.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Not to mention bugs..... 4.5+ hour has the potential for a lot of (game/mission breaking) bugs to crop up. 

This is true too. Then throw in the fact that new players might be stuck for a looooong time, even without bugs. Yeah, these quests don't tend to have very high level enemies, but we need a necramech, and a railjack. What if people come in with really poorly modded ones and newer/less geared players are struggling like crazy, taking who knows how many hours to complete it all, the whole time locked out of the core game. 

I anticipate A LOT of frustration. Doesn't matter how much they warn people about being locked into their loadout. People are going to go in inadequately geared, struggle too much to the point it is taking them several hours longer than Reb, and go absolutely nuts on social media and the forums.

There will also be speedrunners who will probably leave Reb in the dust, cause she's never been a speedrunner (if nothing else because she needs to show people how to play in her streams, not how to run through a cap in 20 secs with Wukong). Some will probably complete it in 3.5 hours or less and complain DE was full of crap, and already be complaining about drop rates for the new items that they'll have finished hardcore grinding in less than a week despite DE's initial grind gating. 

I can see it all in my minds eye, playing out in front of me already. 

I am quite happy if DE does lengthen the quest to 3-4 hours long,

I just wish they're not taking a shortcut like "oh you don't like 5 round defense? here's 10!" type of missions plaguing the entire quest. (I haven't spoiled yet, so do forgive if I'm wrong)

Not exactly expecting an oscar winning story but ok-ish storytell, solid conclusion, new frame, focus?amp? and weapons, a bit of grind here and there and I'll be a happy tenno.

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Not so much just bugs, there were people just getting frustrated with the skill stuff like getting past the worms and such (IIRC...), and the new mechanics were driving them nuts. I remember it driving me nuts for a while myself until I finally figured out the patterns. But I get what you are saying, I think making it so you HAVE to do it all at once isn't exactly the greatest idea, but I have no idea what technical or story limitations led them to make that choice.

i understand what you mean, in a perfect world we all would've been excited for this quest and wouldn't have any doubts about it but like all things in life nothing is perfect and what we imagine something be and what it is is rarely ever the same thing

i'll probably wait a few weeks before playing the quest and see the community's collective response about it, not caring about being spoiled i can read everything and decide for myself what i'm going to do, one thing is for sure is that the response is going to be something to behold.

12 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

This is true too. Then throw in the fact that new players might be stuck for a looooong time, even without bugs. Yeah, these quests don't tend to have very high level enemies, but we need a necramech, and a railjack. What if people come in with really poorly modded ones and newer/less geared players are struggling like crazy, taking who knows how many hours to complete it all, the whole time locked out of the core game.

Railjack is fairly easy to get the mods/parts for, you can usually get carried if need be by a better ship, hell I had enough of the mods from railjack to basically give them away lol...

Necramechs on the other hand.... while you can be carried, just trying to get the mods can be fairly frustrating due to the fact that one location (jugulus in pit) needed for the rarer mods (like augur, rebuke and repair) doesn't even spawn all the time ... and 90% of players don't seem to want to do the arcane part of the missions for better drops so you end up doing it all solo (easy enough once you get a necramech)....

Mind you a clan mate has been trying to get orokin matrixes to level up, so he can actually build a necramech, and well they're not exactly dropping like candy for him...

Levelling them is painfully slow no matter what you do though.

And yes that worm was really irritating primarily due to the usual lack of clear instructions from DE...

Does anyone remember the quest for infiltrating the Kuva Fortress Base? It had a similar message, "you will be unable to do normal stuff until you're done", kind of warning.

Did players complain bitterly at that point too?

At this stage in the game, I'm doing relics when I'm bored. I can live without that for a few hours. This seems like a non-issue to me.

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

Did players complain bitterly at that point too?

Yes. Some players got really upset and sent in support tickets to have their account reset to before they made that "fateful" choice, and didn't play the game until DE reversed their account.

Some on the forums have claimed to have still not done it, no idea if they are telling the truth. 

People are fascinating

Archived