Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xaku is a heap of problems.

(PSN)scourgeoux

On 2022-01-24 at 11:46 PM, (PSN)ScourgeousOxide said:

Firstly, build variety. I find that Xaku needs some of everything to really be effective, including lots of strength and range. This doesn't leave a lot of room for actual options in the build

You're falling for the same traps that a lot of other people fall for and believing that you need to build for all strength all the time.  Build for mostly range, with good duration.  My ability strength on paper is at 119% and Xaku handles SP.  

The first reason is math.  Number of guns you can capture is based on range.  More guns = more DPS.  By the numbers you get more damage if you sacrifice strength for range than the other way round.  The damage on Grasp weapons scales with enemy level, so it's not as important here as having a lot more fire power at your disposal.

Reason two is dependent on what you have access to.  I run Empower over Xata's because Xata's doesn't affect Grasp damage.  I also run Growing Power in my aura slot.  That's an extra 75% ability strength that can be added to Grasp, and Grasp can be kept up for a very long time by simply watching your timer on Vast.  That's also an extra 75% AS that you can basically have on tap if you want to put down a Gaze field.  It's not a full 100% defense strip with this set up, but I normally don't even bother with it because the Grasp weapons kill fine without it, especially when I'm also shooting and not just letting them do all the work.

The only issue that I currently have with Xaku is that all of his augments are meh, and wouldn't fit in my build anyway.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

I guess if you get like 2x more time then you could probably go drink some tea or something.

To be honest Xaku has some "philosophies". IMHO Yareli & and little less Sevagoth have less philosophy than Xaku. Yareli is just "let them use K-drive and add some abilities". Sevagoth is bunch of fancy looking abilities and just strong but just another melee-spam weapon. Sev at least had Gloom and maybe few other stuffs.

Yeah, WoF was something that had to go. 

My argument for Xaku not following any kind of philosophy is the fact that the 3 series of buffs we got for her all felt like they were made by 3 completely different people who all have radically different ideas over what a frame should and should be able to do.

Yareli can also be a good example of a lack of any kind of design philosophy as there shouldn’t be frames releasing as bad as her this far into the games life cycle. They should know what does and doesn’t work by now. All Yareli is is raw damage and CC. A frame needs to be more than that.

Sevagoth was designed by Scott and it 100% shows. He tends to take a simpler approach to frame abilities which is why, outside of Shadow, Sevs abilities are rather basic. But atleast he is strong. He has a few weird balance choices (Sow having damage falloff), but they don’t hinder him.

I think Xaku is the best frame built yet, by far my favorite, I would not change a thing.

I have several ways to build, strong in all content.

Love the fashion frame, love the animations, really love the basic concept.

I see nothing but a heap of fun, not a heap of problems.

On 2022-01-28 at 4:33 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

My argument for Xaku not following any kind of philosophy is the fact that the 3 series of buffs we got for her all felt like they were made by 3 completely different people who all have radically different ideas over what a frame should and should be able to do.

It was community driven (that what she said) so it's "more or less understandable".

10 hours ago, Zimzala said:

Love the fashion frame, love the animations, really love the basic concept

offtop I need share my love for Xaku. They are working on deluxe skin for him. That looks amazing. From DEvstream 159 afair.

13 hours ago, quxier said:

It was community driven (that what she said) so it's "more or less understandable".

offtop I need share my love for Xaku. They are working on deluxe skin for him. That looks amazing. From DEvstream 159 afair.

Community driven. But DE still has to turn those disjointed ideas into a cohesive kit. Instead of just going “Oh duration freeze that’s a cool idea, put that in”.

On 2022-01-28 at 5:33 AM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

You're falling for the same traps that a lot of other people fall for and believing that you need to build for all strength all the time.  Build for mostly range, with good duration.  My ability strength on paper is at 119% and Xaku handles SP.  

The first reason is math.  Number of guns you can capture is based on range.  More guns = more DPS.  By the numbers you get more damage if you sacrifice strength for range than the other way round.  The damage on Grasp weapons scales with enemy level, so it's not as important here as having a lot more fire power at your disposal.

Reason two is dependent on what you have access to.  I run Empower over Xata's because Xata's doesn't affect Grasp damage.  I also run Growing Power in my aura slot.  That's an extra 75% ability strength that can be added to Grasp, and Grasp can be kept up for a very long time by simply watching your timer on Vast.  That's also an extra 75% AS that you can basically have on tap if you want to put down a Gaze field.  It's not a full 100% defense strip with this set up, but I normally don't even bother with it because the Grasp weapons kill fine without it, especially when I'm also shooting and not just letting them do all the work.

The only issue that I currently have with Xaku is that all of his augments are meh, and wouldn't fit in my build anyway.

This is one way to use xaku that I may try at some point. Only problem I see (and it's just my personal thing) is when your doing 1v1 on a boss like entity, with no adds meaning no grasp, seeing as how you cannot steal lich guns, acolyte weapons, and specters and such... this why I run gloom over xatas, with 78% duration, 160% range, 175% efficiency, and 210% strength. Recast vast untime every 19 seconds, don't have to recast any thing else combat wise for at least a minute,  the lost has hidden fun for 1v1 shenanigans, gloom for healing and crowd control, and my only energy restore is zenurik dash. Fun way to play as a caster frame, keeps me still involved, very survivable, and as long as your getting energy orbs and toggling gloom on every now and then, fun as heck.

4 hours ago, (PSN)ThanatosSloth said:

This is one way to use xaku that I may try at some point. Only problem I see (and it's just my personal thing) is when your doing 1v1 on a boss like entity, with no adds meaning no grasp, seeing as how you cannot steal lich guns, acolyte weapons, and specters and such... this why I run gloom over xatas, with 78% duration, 160% range, 175% efficiency, and 210% strength. Recast vast untime every 19 seconds, don't have to recast any thing else combat wise for at least a minute,  the lost has hidden fun for 1v1 shenanigans, gloom for healing and crowd control, and my only energy restore is zenurik dash. Fun way to play as a caster frame, keeps me still involved, very survivable, and as long as your getting energy orbs and toggling gloom on every now and then, fun as heck.

Any boss where I would want to farm the boss (I've already done all those, but just hypothetically.) there are a lot of enemies leading up to them, and with decent duration and recasting Untime, they won't last long enough for my Grasp to run out.  For something where it might truly end up being 1v1 or 1v1 with very few adds, like a Lich, Deny locks them in place.  I could kill them with my Operator at that point, but I always bring good guns.  Duration helps over ability strength there as well.  I have a loadout just for Xaku that usually has some obnoxious AOE primary, a hitscan secondary (usually my Rattleguts with Pax Bolt.  30% more strength on tap.) and Glaive Prime.  It's specifically made to be as lazy as possible and it works great on Liches.

Gloom is great, but I try not to rely on it for every frame, because 100% DE hates fun and they are going to nerf it.  Despite pretty much never seeing it in-game and only seeing people talk about it in forums, everyone is talking about gloom gloom gloom and it's going to get nerfed, guaranteed.

37 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Any boss where I would want to farm the boss (I've already done all those, but just hypothetically.) there are a lot of enemies leading up to them, and with decent duration and recasting Untime, they won't last long enough for my Grasp to run out.  For something where it might truly end up being 1v1 or 1v1 with very few adds, like a Lich, Deny locks them in place.  I could kill them with my Operator at that point, but I always bring good guns.  Duration helps over ability strength there as well.  I have a loadout just for Xaku that usually has some obnoxious AOE primary, a hitscan secondary (usually my Rattleguts with Pax Bolt.  30% more strength on tap.) and Glaive Prime.  It's specifically made to be as lazy as possible and it works great on Liches.

Gloom is great, but I try not to rely on it for every frame, because 100% DE hates fun and they are going to nerf it.  Despite pretty much never seeing it in-game and only seeing people talk about it in forums, everyone is talking about gloom gloom gloom and it's going to get nerfed, guaranteed.

Lol I'm just unlucky I guess, cause when farming liches or or acolytes I some how end up in a 1v1 no adds...so I try to round out all my frames starting at the 1v1 starting point where they have reduced status timers that get adapted to, and work from there...

Pretty much use the frost specter on steel path as my 1v1 training dummy for survivability and damage in a no add environment. It's tricky with some frames lol. I know gloom will be nerfed...but im glad to ride the train out to see what happens..

i dont have much problem with xaku... my survivability test for frames is at least 20min mot SP and xaku can do that without much problem.

my problems are: 

1. he requires too much range and strength which restricts build diversity. you need at least 200% strength for full armor strip.

2. deny is pretty bad. 

3. evasion is a problem. it doesn't matter if you dodge 99 bullets when the 1 that hit you can kill you. because it WILL hit you some time. 

i'm running xaku with dispensary and equilibrium so i have health and energy to spam my abilities. 

I never get it when people have issues with Xaku tbh, hes a running turret with 75% evasion (+ Carnis) that has almost infinite power if you're using Vast Untime right. Hes one of few frames that is really good in multiple game modes like Defence, Excavation, Exterminate, Capture and Survival. Almost another AFK frame but he was done right. Think my only gripe is losing his fashion and constantly being Skeleton-boy with Vast Untime, but that obviously cant be helped.

If i'd want 1 thing for him i'd want his next Augment to be an Aesthetic one for Vast Untime. Maybe it flips Vast Untime and Xaku shoots out his bones and leaves his fashion + his energy tendrils walking around.

On 2022-01-25 at 6:10 AM, (PSN)ScourgeousOxide said:

Correct, the 2 is overpowered. It's almost like I didn't say damage output was a problem. Shredding Setients would be good if there was somewhere we would regularly go where Sentents were a threat. 

you are probably using the wrong gun, try exergis, it will melt almost anything combined with whisper

On 2022-02-07 at 9:52 PM, (PSN)ScourgeousOxide said:

What? I don't know what you're responding to.

the part about Shredding Setients, you were talking about the void damage from whisper?

regardless xaku isn't bad if a bit costly to get started, once you have energy you can keep all the abilities on pause indefinitely.

if you add exergis to xaku and use it with whisper is completely busted though I feel most people think it is weak and replace it, I replaced it's #3

On 2022-01-24 at 8:46 PM, (PSN)ScourgeousOxide said:

In summary, Xaku is a Warframe that falls apart trying to keep itself alive, both metaphorically and literally.

If a frame is too squish, I don't use it much. Xaku needs some significant survivability buffs. Although the frame has many active and passive damage evading abilities, if a bullet still goes through and hits the frame, it'll just be down instantly. I myself always make sure my frames are built to be tanky with extra health/armor/damage reduction Mods so I will never be down in any mission except the hours long survival missions when enemies always one shot you no matter how and require other techniques to survival. Most players just play normal and SP missions and would need better survivability unless the player doesn't care. 

10 hours ago, George_PPS said:

If a frame is too squish, I don't use it much. Xaku needs some significant survivability buffs. Although the frame has many active and passive damage evading abilities, if a bullet still goes through and hits the frame, it'll just be down instantly. I myself always make sure my frames are built to be tanky with extra health/armor/damage reduction Mods so I will never be down in any mission except the hours long survival missions when enemies always one shot you no matter how and require other techniques to survival. Most players just play normal and SP missions and would need better survivability unless the player doesn't care. 

On 2022-02-06 at 6:26 AM, sunderthefirmament said:

Normally I would agree, but we have shield gating.  So evasion isn't quite as feast or famine as it is in other games.

On 2022-02-11 at 8:19 AM, (PSN)ScourgeousOxide said:

Yes but again, damage output isn't a problem with Xaku. 

it will never be, those turrets are stupid powerful.

On 2022-02-10 at 11:18 PM, George_PPS said:

ok I think Xaku is a bit of a glass cannon.

they lack in overall health and shields but makes up for it with great cc, damage, and utility. 

to compensate for the extreme lack of tankiness they gave They gave them a passive and 4th ability that makes you 25-75% invulnerable to all bullets. 

also Xaku seems to be more agile, and I think I’ve said this before, I haven’t confirmed but when you use xaku’s special roll you seem to be invulnerable for a while or are guaranteed to dodge all bullets.

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

also Xaku seems to be more agile, and I think I’ve said this before, I haven’t confirmed but when you use xaku’s special roll you seem to be invulnerable for a while or are guaranteed to dodge all bullets.

I think it's just Xakus damage reduction (or whatever) & roll damage reduction:

Rolling is a basic combat evasive maneuver used to get out of the way of a charging enemy, to evade bullets, grenades or melee attacks and to transition from cover to cover. It can also be used as a stealth maneuver while crouching. The short burst of speed can avoid detection in situations where the slow crouch-walk speed is not sufficient. Rolling also reduces all damage taken by the player by 75% during its animation.

I'm not sure if it's more agile. 25% (more or less) speed boost DOESN'T WORK. Rolling seems.... more or less normal. They even changed Amalgam Barrel diffusion WITHOUT GIVING US SOMETHING TO REDUCE ROLL DISTANCE.

33 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

ok I think Xaku is a bit of a glass cannon.

they lack in overall health and shields but makes up for it with great cc, damage, and utility. 

to compensate for the extreme lack of tankiness they gave They gave them a passive and 4th ability that makes you 25-75% invulnerable to all bullets. 

Pre nerf GoL could disarm whenever you pressed 2. Now you need good timing.

To be honest Umbra vitality (x2 => +550% hp) + Adaptation + Rolling guard makes it takes some hits without even using his 4th form.

Decided to hunt down a lich with xaku start to finish....with gloom of course replacing xatas whisper, had no trouble doing it all solo, even got the lich to rank 4 and the only time I went down was when the lich used a pull and I dident have gloom on...only died twice during the entire hunt over the course of 20 ish missions, and useing the lost you can make fighting the lich easy...

The only real thing xaku lacks is healing that doesent require an enemy being disarmed....(dunno if I'm phrasing it right)

The newest mod for xaku would be great.....if we could atleast get a shooting orb from enemies we cannot disarm...we get either a replica of our primary or an orb normally when we grasp of lohk melee enemies...should be the same for specters, acolytes, liches, or any boss type enemy...otherwise grasp of lohk not only does nothing, but if your using the mod, also wastes a mod slot....

I really think the same should be done for frames like grendel or sevagoth, grendel could get the equivalent biomass energy from an enemy of sat 3 enemies per cast on a boss, and instead of per death for sevagoth it should be per hit, like the opposite of baruuk lol...

Not saying that it should be like this for all enemies, but if they are gonna make special interactions for skills and bosses, let's not make them out right invulnerable to the skills

Archived