Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Procedurally generated HUB to Map... are the seamless loading screen they were discussing years ago still on the table?

Kaotyke

I got reminded of that as I was spinning my cat around, but didnt they talk a few years ago about Railjack being a testbed to make seamless loading screens for the whole game? Not just in HUBs <-> Railjack Missions -> Railjack Missions and HUBs <-> Landscapes or even the fabled Landscapes -> Railjack.

After Railjack, 3 years (2 with a pandemic), we had this shown in the Zariman, going from a HUB to the well know Procedurally Generated Missions we known since Warframes had Skill Trees.

Is this a shown that getting such seamless transaction might still be integrated to the whole game, instead of seeing the obvious loading screens of our Landing Crafts flying around in the void of nothing?

No, pretty sure the idea is dead.

after the first major Railjack revamp (which turned it into TaxiJack) was Terribly Received by Tenno

DE made a statement with the words "ending the shaming cycle". Meaning we broke them and they've lost their enthusiasm for the RailJack pipe dream.

They've moved on to other things like Zariman.

On 2022-04-15 at 9:38 AM, Kaotyke said:

but didnt they talk a few years ago about Railjack being a testbed to make seamless loading screens for the whole game?

Yeah and look how that turned out. Wow! So seamless! I can't notice the loading screen at all! And i'm definitely not trapped in my ship unable to open half my menu for an upwards of two whole minutes while the host is loading in all the same assets of the mission we just finished! I'm so glad this seamless loading tunnel is such a miracle of coding and technology, and not a terrible idea that makes me point and laugh at everyone asking for Railjack to replace the Orbiter!

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Yeah and look how that turned out. Wow! So seamless! I can't notice the loading screen at all! And i'm definitely not trapped in my ship unable to open half my menu for an upwards of two whole minutes while the host is loading in all the same assets of the mission we just finished! I'm so glad this seamless loading tunnel is such a miracle of coding and technology, and not a terrible idea that makes me point and laugh at everyone asking for Railjack to replace the Orbiter!

*looks at me needing 3 minutes to load in a normal mission as the host while the rest of the team waits on me*

I dont see whats so different from what we have now.

8 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

No, pretty sure the idea is dead.

after the first major Railjack revamp (which turned it into TaxiJack) was Terribly Received by Tenno

DE made a statement with the words "ending the shaming cycle". Meaning we broke them and they've lost their enthusiasm for the RailJack pipe dream.

They've moved on to other things like Zariman.

You mean the Fake Taxi? People asked so much for Railjack to be more like Warframe and went it happened, we got Fake Taxijackin'.

As such, I now use only female AI-Crewmate and I try to play as Grendel all the time.

And I painted the RJ Yellow.

... even though Taxis are white here in Brazil.

8 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

*looks at me needing 3 minutes to load in a normal mission as the host while the rest of the team waits on me*

Exactly. They can't actually implement seamless loading transitions, and Railjack is such a terrible attempt to fake it that it's just pathetic and laughable

7 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Exactly. They can't actually implement seamless loading transitions, and Railjack is such a terrible attempt to fake it that it's just pathetic and laughable

Let me try again.

15 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

16 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

I bought the series x and this is what ends up happening frequently, if I'm host I'll load in 2 seconds but if I'm not I have to wait for the host to load. Mission results doesn't seem to rely on the host tho.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I bought the series x and this is what ends up happening frequently, if I'm host I'll load in 2 seconds but if I'm not I have to wait for the host to load. Mission results doesn't seem to rely on the host tho.

Ofc it does, the host is the one loading the assets, the weaker the host's machine, the longer it will take the client to load. It doesnt matter if you have a PC custom build by Ellon Musk, you will have to wait for the host's Win95 bottlneck computer to load everything.

4 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Ofc it does, the host is the one loading the assets, the weaker the host's machine, the longer it will take the client to load. It doesnt matter if you have a PC custom build by Ellon Musk, you will have to wait for the host's Win95 bottlneck computer to load everything.

Yeah I know why it's happening, at least before the new console we were all equally slow now we're seeing this more and we're going to see it even more when cross play releases.

40 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Ok I can't even tell what you're trying to say anymore. And I suspect the feeling is mutual

He's basically saying DE can't fix a player's internet issues or crappy system. The PS5, for example, loads in literally 2 seconds for normal missions and about 3-5 for RJ and open worlds if I'm the host or running solo. None of that means a thing if the host is on a PS4 and has bad internet. I can imagine DE testing a seamless system with this problem and then looking at implementing cross play too. Backlash nightmare! 

Luckily, we don't need it but it would be cool!

49 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Ok I can't even tell what you're trying to say anymore. And I suspect the feeling is mutual

What Gen, said.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

He's basically saying DE can't fix a player's internet issues or crappy system. The PS5, for example, loads in literally 2 seconds for normal missions and about 3-5 for RJ and open worlds if I'm the host or running solo. None of that means a thing if the host is on a PS4 and has bad internet. I can imagine DE testing a seamless system with this problem and then looking at implementing cross play too. Backlash nightmare! 

And I was also talking about loading in normal missions taking 3 minutes, not Railjack missions.

Imagine if I was your Host.

43 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Why were you spinning around the cat? 🤔

Because he likes it. Put him on the ground, he lies on his side, I start spinning him.

1 hour ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

What Gen, said.

And I was also talking about loading in normal missions taking 3 minutes, not Railjack missions.

Imagine if I was your Host.

Because he likes it. Put him on the ground, he lies on his side, I start spinning him.

And what I am saying is, that even if we all had perfect internet, I still don't trust DE to try and do it. Because they tried to do it in Railjack, and it was just so... Pathetic. I would honestly prefer Railjack just had the old loading screens, it would be less embarrassing for all parties

I mean, if they really want to do something like this, sure I guess.

The thing is that there are always gonna be loading times, pretty long ones for some people. So not only would we have roughly the same amount of time doing nothing (if not slightly more because of the ressource cost from making it seamless (which I can only assume would be a thing, but feel free to correct me if I'm talking out of my butt)), this would be that much more time during which something can go wrong in the matrix, especially for the weaker rigs out there.

As opposed to a static loading screen that might just be faster and "safer", if my rough understanding is correct.

But hey, would surely be curious to see them claw at their original idea inch by bloody inch, even if it means a hundred more railjack launches.

This game can never not have a loading screen. Even if it's hidden behind a warping tunnel or an elevator. It's one of the oldest tricks in the book to hiding loading screens. I want to think that that is what they were going for. 

I like railjack. In function and in concept. Could it be better? Yes of course! I wish there was a more organic way to go between missions that doesn't rely on the navigation terminal. In my head I have the concept of not just accepting a single mission but a mission chain like a Sortie where I can go from stage to stage with more fluidity and I can access my orbiter without needing to go back to drydock or Relay to close out the railjack segment. Or use some of the core functionality (arsenal and foundry) on the Railjack itself. It does have it's own Foundry already. 

On 2022-04-18 at 2:14 AM, TARINunit9 said:

And what I am saying is, that even if we all had perfect internet, I still don't trust DE to try and do it. Because they tried to do it in Railjack, and it was just so... Pathetic. I would honestly prefer Railjack just had the old loading screens, it would be less embarrassing for all parties

Nah, I believe they can do it if they decided to shaft everyone with potato and garbage internet. Going with i7 8th gen and GTX 1060 for laptop and 4G mobile hotspot, you can load really fast that you barely realize.

Archived