The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Think Dormizones Will Be "DOA"

Circle_of_Psi

vor 9 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)Muttz v2:

I really don't see the point of dormizones.. Well i do, if i understand it right its to be a player hub to start missions from? Thats the part i don't get.

You are confusing two things a bit here:

1. We have the Hub, which is compareable to the Open World Hubs like Cetus/Fortuna/Necralisk which hosts NPC's and from where you start the missions. The difference is that you dont go into the Open World but into the individual Starchart missions of the Zariman
  2. the Dormizon is an addition to that, and we could see in the Devstream that you have to go into an elevator which brings you to your appartment. So far, it doesnt look like you can do anything there besides decorating it and buying extra rooms.

Regarding 1: I think this is pretty cool and is a good way to give new or even old Planets a unique touch and make it feel more immersive and fluid. I wouldnt mind them adding this to other future Planets aswell, or even old ones. Imagine Hubs like this on Mars or Lua, they would look really cool and give those planets even more identity.

Regarding 2: Its worth mentioning that DE said in the Devstream that nothing gameplay-related takes place there (but that they have one or two things planned, whatever that means). That combined with the fact that you have to 1) load into the Zariman 2) then use the elevator to get there makes it pretty cumbersome to even access it. And then after taking these extra steps, you cant even access basic functions or have any other reason to go there?

People mentioned all the other dead areas in multiple Threads regarding this topic, and those dont even have the annoying extra steps to get there while at least offering something to do there - still most of those places are abandoned. So, i wouldn't say this is DOA, but rather DPSAA (dead pretty soon after arrival) 😛 People will check it out, people will decorate a bit, but after a while no one will go there unless there is a reason to do so. Our personal quarters are literally next-door, and i dont visit them anymore. And now you expect to go to navigation, load into zariman, run to elevator, drive down just to enter a slightly nicer and bigger personal quarters?

You dont have to like Brozime to see that he definitely has a point here.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb TheArmchairThinker:

Drifter's camp treatment, you select your apartment as your login location. No need to do all of that to enter

😅 You are pretty vocal regarding how uninformed you are lol.

That doesnt seem to be possible, and thats exactly what brozime critizices.

Edit: Ok maybe a Starchart Node, but still not as login location.

2 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

😅 You are pretty vocal regarding how uninformed you are lol.

That doesnt seem to be possible, and thats exactly what brozime critizices.

You expect me to hear a youtuber spending 5 minutes blabbering over something that might take far less than that? And what part that reinforces his statement about it not being possible?

I HOPE SO and here is why 

Dojos being mostly useless with no real reason to justify their existence with anything that doesn't exist somewhere else. I.e. places to get items and trade and decorate. 

Clan and alliance rooms in relays or hubs like Cetus. 

No mini games for dojos to have players socializing and hanging out. 

No dojo based customizable lunaro or kdrive arena. 

Other stuff that could use attention. Like actual void. Tileset reworks is a dated concept of the idea "improvement" when the game looks good enough but a lot about the gameplay mechanics are still "so 2018"

The sheer volume of Doom and Gloom from gamers rivals the End of The Worlders of old.

This is just hilarious.

A bunch of players worried over what their YouTubeTalkingHead proclaims about something not yet released, to the degree the feature must be 'DOA'.

Truly hilarious.

Food for thought: https://www.verywellmind.com/worry-and-anxiety-impact-longevity-2223983#:~:text=Can You Worry Yourself to,to be widespread and worrisome.

Good Luck and Happy Gaming.

can anyone explains me why this should matter? If it's dead on arrival or not, it's relevant for the other changes the update is carrying to us?

Apparently it'll have use on future updates and I'm sure the barebones needed for that to work will be given to everyone, but I've seen this kind of thread many times since the announcement and I still can't understand why it's relavant

3 hours ago, vanaukas said:

can anyone explains me why this should matter? If it's dead on arrival or not, it's relevant for the other changes the update is carrying to us?

Apparently it'll have use on future updates and I'm sure the barebones needed for that to work will be given to everyone, but I've seen this kind of thread many times since the announcement and I still can't understand why it's relavant

I think you have been around long enough to realize the the relevance is irrelevant, there are simply players who are determined to undermine and complain about Every Single Change made to the game.

It's not new or unique, it's the same old, tired, whining noise that exudes form this forum for every change to the game.

Sometimes it's funny, mostly it's just sad, IMO.

Seeing so many gamers so deep in their own negative funk that they cannot see anything as a positive and must determine even things they have not yet interacted with as 'DOA' really does make me pity them for being trapped in such a terrible head-space.

Just like there are mean people in the world, there are unhappy people in the world, that literally cannot help themselves, all they know is how to be unhappy, it's the way they are wired.

It will never cease to amaze me how the human brain is able to take a change in a video game entertainment platform and turn it into some huge problem, it's as fascinating as much as it is sad.

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

I think you have been around long enough to realize the the relevance is irrelevant, there are simply players who are determined to undermine and complain about Every Single Change made to the game.

It's not new or unique, it's the same old, tired, whining noise that exudes form this forum for every change to the game.

Sometimes it's funny, mostly it's just sad, IMO.

Seeing so many gamers so deep in their own negative funk that they cannot see anything as a positive and must determine even things they have not yet interacted with as 'DOA' really does make me pity them for being trapped in such a terrible head-space.

Just like there are mean people in the world, there are unhappy people in the world, that literally cannot help themselves, all they know is how to be unhappy, it's the way they are wired.

It will never cease to amaze me how the human brain is able to take a change in a video game entertainment platform and turn it into some huge problem, it's as fascinating as much as it is sad.

I mean, I think everything coming with this update will probably be okay or good. I'm pretty excited for the operator changes and parkour focused missions. Just because I am hesitant that the player housing is going to be an effective use of development or monetization doesn't make me unhappy, it just has me questioning how this player space is going to different from or orbiters, relays, or open world hubs.

Are we going to be able to craft items in the foundry or navigate the star chart and other missions while we are there? If not, why have it? Sure it's extra space but I have plenty of extra space in a dojo, I can decorate my orbiter, I can even invite other players to my orbiter. The best thing is that I can craft and travel to all missions from my orbiter. 

If I can replace the functionality of the orbiter with this new area and have a slightly different experience, while still being able to do everything that I could in my orbiter I will probably be fine with it. But based off of past implementations of player spaces it's okay to be sceptical of how this new one is going to turn out.

"DEAD" on arrival is a youtuberish clickbait word that i personally condemn.
nowadays people spend more time bickering in forums and chats, than actually playing warframe. i'm not a fan of that.

even conclave is not "dead", some people are still playing it.

back to topic, i have expressed my concern about dzone: it have to differentiate itself from orbiter, and dojo.
player housing meant to be a place where you can rest from all the heat of battles and just experience a 180 degrees tranquility. some games got it right: FFXIV, monster hunter, etc.
if it's "just another space" for us to waste time on, yeah a lot of people won't care. we already got it from orbiter and dojo.

15 hours ago, Zaieed said:

But based off of past implementations of player spaces it's okay to be sceptical of how this new one is going to turn out.

So, you think calling it DOA is being skeptical?

I call it OTT ranting gamer hyperbole, but I guess we use differing scales of skeptical.

TBH, I pride myself on being a skeptic, my wife's license plate was SKPETIC for years, we go to conferences on free though etc.

IMO, the YouTubeTalkingHead that the OP is refereeing to in some attempt to vilify DE and gather the pitchforks over a game mode they might not like as 'DOA' is far, far past being skeptical and enters into the the whole tolling, paranoid delusion realm.

So personally, I wait until I can actually use and interact with things before I decide what they are or are not and stay grounded in reality, over allowing hype and supposition to alter my POV.

On 2022-04-22 at 4:08 PM, trst said:

So it's already a niche addition that'll be dead on arrival for most players regardless of being able to load directly into it or not.

Yeah, why I ask what other people think, hence the air quotes, I don't give two stones about it, it'd be nice to load in, as I do love the Drifter Camp and getting actual housing for the Drifter (who was found there to begin with) will be nice.

But likewise

Unless I can pick it as a default load into area like our landing craft or the drifter camp WITH all the amenities (arsenal, mod station, foundry) or I can use it instead of my dojo (for trading purposes and research)….yeah I’ll never go there, ever. It might as well not exist. 

aint nobody got time for that GIF

don’t get me wrong I love the Zariman level area but ONLY if I can use IT instead of my dojo or orbiter. 

On 2022-04-22 at 6:42 AM, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

To me to if i can invite people over to trade then ill use it alot

But won't it be locked behind operator/drifter access and TNW questline?  For diehard players, those quests are long since completed.  But for your average new arrival, trying to collect primes they missed due to not playing when they were originally available, those quests might not yet be complete.

If anyone can visit, regardless of quest status, then yeah, it could be an alternative to dojo trading (assuming trading is allowed there).  But if it has more limitations than the dojo, it's not going to fulfill that function well at all.

I try to avoid excessive negativity, but I currently have zero interest in decorating in Warframe.  Based on what I've read about the dormizone system, it doesn't seem like it's for me.  I'm worried it will eventually turn into some NW thing that forces me to engage with it, much like conservation did.  Conservation was a system I had absolutely no interest in... until it made its way into NW, and then when it became required to progress in Deimos.  I still would rather avoid it, but it's a hoop I'll jump through for the NW points/standing upgrades.

I havent followed this thread so i am just giving my two cents on dormizones as a whole.

I feel like they arent necessary and while i will check them out i dont see a compelling reason to use them outside more storage for decorations. But given we just got drifters camp i dont understand the need for even more storage. 

13 hours ago, Zimzala said:

So, you think calling it DOA is being skeptical?

I call it OTT ranting gamer hyperbole, but I guess we use differing scales of skeptical.

TBH, I pride myself on being a skeptic, my wife's license plate was SKPETIC for years, we go to conferences on free though etc.

IMO, the YouTubeTalkingHead that the OP is refereeing to in some attempt to vilify DE and gather the pitchforks over a game mode they might not like as 'DOA' is far, far past being skeptical and enters into the the whole tolling, paranoid delusion realm.

So personally, I wait until I can actually use and interact with things before I decide what they are or are not and stay grounded in reality, over allowing hype and supposition to alter my POV.

I thought the question the op asked was what our thoughts on it were, and if we thought it would be DOA. The tldr of the video even talks about ways that would improve the experience. (I did not watch the video, I really don't like watching videos of games that I play.) I stated how I would think that it could be implemented in a way that would draw people like me in to use it.

I would agree that DOA is hyperbolic but there have been quite a few times that DE has released stuff and gotten quite a negative reception. Like the first railjack update, lunaro ( both things that I liked), or archwing missions. Scarlett Spear was a middling attempt to show of squad link and we never got any squad link missions again in two years(I personally was fine with the missions). It seems stuff gets abandoned or shoved to the side easily. I get that development is slow and COVID ruined a fair amount of workflow but still. 

The new game modes aren't even the thing in question, a third player housing system (orbiter, clan halls, dorms) and fourth social hub area (relays, clan halls, open world hubs, and bazaar) is the one being questioned. I hope that the dorms are implemented well, and I hope that they offer new ways to interact, but I'm really not holding my breath based off previous evidence. 

I hope it is so DE is encouraged to allow dojo style decorating in them. cus that is the only reason I wanted player housing or saw any potential in it adding to the game at all.

If all I have is access to the same regular decorations I have in my orbiter I see absolutely 0 point in them even existing unless they can replace the orbiter entirely.

I really wanted them to have the dojo decorating system because only a tiney percentage of players will ever interact with that system otherwise. It's a massive system in the game barely anyone will ever even have the chance to touch and this was DE's chance to give everyone access to it.

They seem hard set on leaving it as the same boring ass mostly platinum only orbiter decos tho. And severely handicapping their usage at that, with the inability to place the same deco in the orbiter and housing at the same time.

It's just a platinum sink. That is literally the only reason this exists as I currently understand it. And it's meaningless. It's going to be a complete non-element to players that don't both love the orbiter's extremely limited decoration options and are absolutely rolling in platinum.

21 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

I think we should avoid this trend of calling upcoming content "DOA". It's frequently being used to say "I have cemented my opinion on content that I haven't played yet".

right now it's customary in warframe communities to express "a slight concern" with "OH MY GOD WARFRAME IS DEAD!!! DEAD!!! STUPID DE HAS BETRAY ALL OF US WITH AN IRREVERSIBLE MISTAKE AND THE WHOLE GAME IS SOOO DEAD!!!".

like, you know... if player housing in FFXIV is not your cup of tea, then just don't play it. do raid or something else.
but if you don't like player housing in warframe, DE is the stupidest developer in videogame history, and this is unforgivable. let's flood the forum with endless player housing complain threads.

================

you get the idea, warframe players overreacts

are their concerns legitimate? of course, they are people who play this game. every opinions matters.
do i agree with how most of them express it? absolutely no.

i dream of warframe communities where everyone can express their concerns, but respectfully.

Archived