The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SoulFrame, What are your expectations with it?

X7PLVTINUM

5 minutes ago, shocker53 said:

Incase you weren't aware, DE recently trademarked a new game called "SoulFrame". What are your expectations with this new game?

Dont know, dont care, they havent Finished Warframe yet and they still have The Amazing Eternals (Keystone) in the queue.

7 minutes ago, shocker53 said:

Incase you weren't aware, DE recently trademarked a new game called "SoulFrame". What are your expectations with this new game?

i imagine a rebrand since the game is no longer about "warframes" its about the souls inhabiting the frames. I'd expect it for the 10th anniversary rebrand to better describe the game and rejuvenate the games public perspective. A lot of people still think this game is similar to how it was in the alpha state 8 years ago so a rebrand might correct that.

1 minute ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Dont know, dont care, they havent Finished Warframe yet and they still have The Amazing Eternals (Keystone) in the queue.

I'm pretty sure DE themselves stated that the game will never be finished, though that doesn't mean they aren't allowed to develop a new game while their working on Warframe, they'll probably hire some new developers to work on it too since I doubt they'll take the risk of slowing down Warframe development with how much of a cash cow it is for DE

vor 16 Minuten schrieb BiancaRoughfin:

Maybe you leave the forum for a while and get some informations about service games, then you know why games like warframe never be finished

I wouldn't be shocked to see a (mobile only) game based purely on the operators considering how much focus is on the operator these days...

Realistically, I'd be more inclined to see it as protecting warframe from games that use a 'similar' name etc.

Literally nothing.  It is just a trademark, currently nothing more.  No point in even trying to speculate so you don't get disappointed when it is either not what you imagined, or is just never talked about. 

13 minutes ago, mrhapps said:

i imagine a rebrand since the game is no longer about "warframes" its about the souls inhabiting the frames. I'd expect it for the 10th anniversary rebrand to better describe the game and rejuvenate the games public perspective. A lot of people still think this game is similar to how it was in the alpha state 8 years ago so a rebrand might correct that.

Rebranding your game after nearly a decade is a terrible idea, especially with all of the existing media surrounding the game.

Besides: Warframe just sounds cooler. Soulframe sounds like something my high school self would come up with while listening to My Chemical Romance.

32 minutes ago, shocker53 said:

DE recently trademarked a new game called "SoulFrame".

They trademarked the word, who told you it was going to be a game?

For all we know it could be an animated series, a set of new comics or even just merch

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

Rebranding your game after nearly a decade is a terrible idea, especially with all of the existing media surrounding the game.

Besides: Warframe just sounds cooler. Soulframe sounds like something my high school self would come up with while listening to My Chemical Romance.

guess you never met anyone who does marketing for a living. They always want to push change for public outlook, especially when player numbers are dropping (in general not saying warframe is dying here). While you don't like the name, can you not agree soulframe has more relevance to the games story now than warframe? Whether you believe it or not I always hear a stigma around "warframe" as being a buggy mess and a rebrand making it look like a new game would correct that. Marvel Heroes was a game that had the year in its title, they rebranded like 3 times trying to keep the year up to date ending with Marvel Heroes Omega when it got pushed to all platforms before ultimately shutting down from marvel cancelling them (CEO abuse issues). So its also possible soulframe has something to do with the mobile release of warframe.

I think nothing is going to come out of it.

The name sounds like it is going to just falter through once 2 or 3 years has lapsed. I don't think it is going to be a real game.

DE probably just doesn't want anybody to make a spinoff game or one that sounds too similar to Warframe and probably sought to trademark it ASAP when it came up during conversations. 

My guesspectation is that Soulframe will be a shell for "Warframe Lite" on mobile devices.

5 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I expect to get more info on Tennocon

More than likely what will happen. Even if it is just to announce it is an unrelated I.P.

57 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I have some bad news for you.

54 minutes ago, shocker53 said:

I'm pretty sure DE themselves stated that the game will never be finished,

I know they put the game on hold, doesnt mean they cant bring it back first and since they already had a prototype going with very positive feedbacks, i think it would be best they first made it then tried something else.

44 minutes ago, LeQuee said:

Maybe you leave the forum for a while and get some informations about service games, then you know why games like warframe never be finished

I know well how service games work, by "Finish" i mean the core storyline. If DE still plans on taking us to Tau as they stated during a Devstream years ago, we are still very far from it.

44 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Where did the big bad DE bad touch you?

???

4 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I know well how service games work, by "Finish" i mean the core storyline. If DE still plans on taking us to Tau as they stated during a Devstream years ago, we are still very far from it.

This is a good way to measure Warframe IMO. We'll have to see where they take the game from here/TennoCon. Lotus' story feels pretty much finished, she has been a constant companion for many quests. Ballas was about to take us to Tau, but we ruined his plans (does that make us the villians?).

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Every single post of yours I've seen about DE has been a saltshaker in the last few weeks. So I ahve to ask wehre did they touch you.

A reflex of my discontentment with some changes they have made and lackluster content they have been releasing.

Does it bother you?

25 minutes ago, mrhapps said:

While you don't like the name, can you not agree soulframe has more relevance to the games story now than warframe?

Yes, I can not agree with that. Warframe doesn't go on much about souls, but it does mention Warframes pretty often, as they are usually the focus of quests in the game. Even if you believe Soulframe fits more from a lore perspective, why would you brand the game based on lore when the game isn't very focused on that type of content? The main appeal of Warframe surrounds the agile superpowered death machines. A common complaint around Warframe's newer content is that there isn't enough of the actual Warframes in it. Wouldn't it make more sense to brand the game around what people most commonly associate with the game (which is what Warframe has been doing)?

42 minutes ago, mrhapps said:

Whether you believe it or not I always hear a stigma around "warframe" as being a buggy mess and a rebrand making it look like a new game would correct that.

That stigma comes from within the Warframe community; it doesn't really permeate to the game's public perception. Everyone outside of Warframe who I talk to about Warframe just thinks the game looks cool, and anyone who has played the game just thinks the game is really confusing. Warframe doesn't really have a bad reputation, nor do they have a fantastic reputation; it just exists. There's simply no reason to rebrand.

28 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I know they put the game on hold, doesnt mean they cant bring it back first and since they already had a prototype going with very positive feedbacks, i think it would be best they first made it then tried something else.

You understand The Amazing Eternals (formerly Keystone) refunded their Founders and DE completely killed the game right? It's about as "on hold" as Dark Sector Armistice.

Archived