Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE really did the Sentients dirty in The new war...

-Moctezuma-

There are no spoilers here, but just gonna say, a regular grineer is able to take down an army of 50 sentients by himself...just using a grakata ?

really? I thougth the sentients were suppose to be this big boy threat, the reason warframes were made.

but a simple low rank grineer is able to kill them with ease? oof

Except the entire rest of the quest shows how much of a threat they are?

But just considering that one section it was never the case that Sentients were unkillable. Just that they were highly adaptable and were able to turn the Orokin's tech against them (seemingly their only defenses). And the Warframes were used because of the ability to employ low tech effectively.

Just now, -Moctezuma- said:

Ah yes, like that Unum tower combat section, in which we cheese thru those level 20 sentients 

Yes, one of the last sections where we actually have our Warframe back. Consider all the gameplay and story before that point and just after the Teshin sequence.

I'm going to agree that DE did sentients dirty simply because we have NO NEW SENTIENT FACTION MISSIONS (sorry for caps). They really missed an opportunity to integrate sentient enemies into more missions (every planet having 1-2 sentient faction missions similar to the infested variants we already have). Sentients were completely forgettable in the New War content IMO (despite being the primary 'threat' of the quest). 

Really really annoying that they spent years on this quest and it barely had any impact on the solar chart other than POE and Orb Vallis. New War was surprisingly disappointing with what opened up to players post-new war. No sentient nodes, no new game options (playing as the grineer/corpus etc.), no improved operator combat that was featured in New War...

New War basically felt to me like a huge waste of development resources because most of the 'content' therein was isolated (island) type stuff that DE has been criticized about for years. 

I will say I did enjoy the story elements of New War but as it connects now to the Zariman fan-fiction travesty I think the beneficial components to the story in New War are overridden by the nonsense of post-new war story.

We were so close to having something great in this update

Don't get me wrong the quest was incredible, but having some reskinned open worlds and some new weapons really felt like a slap in the face after all the hype and money DE put into advertising the update, I was ready for the Sentients to be an actual faction instead of a hitch hiker on everyone elses tilesets

1 minute ago, gamingchair1121 said:

Yeah wasn't the New War supposed to be a war between us and the sentients, not... whatever that was? Fun quest but where was the war?

Exactly.

There was no War. There was a tiny invasion that was corrected in the course of a single quest. New War should have been the first phase of a major engagement with the entire solar system, not a "war" that happened mostly off screen.

33 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I'm going to agree that DE did sentients dirty simply because we have NO NEW SENTIENT FACTION MISSIONS (sorry for caps). They really missed an opportunity to integrate sentient enemies into more missions (every planet having 1-2 sentient faction missions similar to the infested variants we already have). Sentients were completely forgettable in the New War content IMO (despite being the primary 'threat' of the quest). 

Really really annoying that they spent years on this quest and it barely had any impact on the solar chart other than POE and Orb Vallis. New War was surprisingly disappointing with what opened up to players post-new war. No sentient nodes, no new game options (playing as the grineer/corpus etc.), no improved operator combat that was featured in New War...

New War basically felt to me like a huge waste of development resources because most of the 'content' therein was isolated (island) type stuff that DE has been criticized about for years. 

I will say I did enjoy the story elements of New War but as it connects now to the Zariman fan-fiction travesty I think the beneficial components to the story in New War are overridden by the nonsense of post-new war story.

Couldn't agree more

When I first saw the new war trailer, I was expecting missions in which WE (our warframe) leads a charge alongside an army of grineer / corpus against hordes of sentients, it was a "war" after all rigth? 

1 hour ago, -Moctezuma- said:

a simple low rank grineer

Kahl is an Eximus

With that out of the way:

There are no spoilers here, but just gonna say, a regular grineer is able to take down an army of 50 sentients by himself...just using a grakata ?

really? I thougth the sentients were suppose to be this big boy threat, the reason warframes were made.

Sentients in general have definitely been nerfed both in story and in gameplay over the last few years. In gameplay: they get torn to shreds by CC moves today, when they were almost completely immune back in 2017. In story: in the past the thought of ANY Sentients waking up was enough to scare Lotus and Tyl Regor into immediate retreat as fast as their legs could carry them, but today they're just a single faction among several, to the point Teshin of all people stopped taking them seriously (source: Scarlet Spear)

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

I agree. When I typed in the newwar I wanted my star chart to be changed forever. What we got was an operator skin and 2 new missions on 2 open worlds. 

I was really hoping The New War was a start to the war, not the start middle and end all in 3 hours. I wanted new nodes new faction spots new mission types. When it ends and everything is resolved it’s disappointing to say the lest.

my main gripe was that there was no real context, and no aftermath to it.

- the alliance between us and the Factions was never explained as to how quickly and easily it came about: sure, it's true that they had no choice but to unite in order to have any hope of defeating the Sentients, but don't you think Vay Hek or Nef Anyo might have something to say about aligning themselves with the Tenno? there should have at least been a cutscene where representatives of all factions are at a conference discussing the threat.

- Narmer was apparently wiped out almost in it's entirety: no leftover Sentient tilesets or Proximas to clear, no Remnants of Narmer anywhere other than the Plains and Vallis bounties, even though they took over the entire origin system: no actual wreckage or evidence of Narmer left behind on the tilesets themselves, just a bunch of dead murexes on the starmap. we have constantly struggled for AGES to deal with the regular factions, yet somehow the one that took over EVERYTHING was wiped out almost totally? it makes no sense.

- there should have been more tougher sentients, like that one Teshin fights. for the most part we only dealt with trash mobs throughout the quest with the Archons providing the only real challenge, and only with the first 2: the last one that appears when your warframe is back gets rinsed in seconds. I really wanted to see more Archons, as I think they're a really cool concept. 

it's not too late though! the Sentients haven't been wiped out completely and there could be a lot more waiting in Tau. still a chance for a "New New War", but with a better name. 

2 hours ago, -Moctezuma- said:

but a simple low rank grineer is able to kill them with ease? oof

i thought it was a bit weird too tbh, but while u are pushing through the sentients u see all ur buddies get murdered by the sentients so it stands to reason that the guy we play as must have been super lucky or somewhat different than the rest. Random grineer in regular missions also capable of killing warframes, just requires them to be above level 300, so maybe we were just a really high lvl grineer in a mission of low level trash xD

is there any source to this 

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

There isn't because it isn't true.

Kahl was a Lancer. The whole point of his story was that a puny lancer could become something more.

Kahl's armor is Eximus patterned

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

my main gripe was that there was no real context, and no aftermath to it.

- the alliance between us and the Factions was never explained as to how quickly and easily it came about: sure, it's true that they had no choice but to unite in order to have any hope of defeating the Sentients, but don't you think Vay Hek or Nef Anyo might have something to say about aligning themselves with the Tenno? there should have at least been a cutscene where representatives of all factions are at a conference discussing the threat.

I saw no alliances, just the perspectives of different independent factions trying to get their bearings. Just that everyone was too busy dealing with the Sentients to bother fighting each other (if they even noticed, like our little Railjack)

- Narmer was apparently wiped out almost in it's entirety: no leftover Sentient tilesets or Proximas to clear, no Remnants of Narmer anywhere other than the Plains and Vallis bounties, even though they took over the entire origin system: no actual wreckage or evidence of Narmer left behind on the tilesets themselves, just a bunch of dead murexes on the starmap. we have constantly struggled for AGES to deal with the regular factions, yet somehow the one that took over EVERYTHING was wiped out almost totally? it makes no sense.

I suppose they just don't have content yet. Technically we just killed Ballas, so the Narmer faction is probably still figuring things out. It does look pretty bad that we've immediately moved on to Zariman content, but from a story perspective we're probably not at the point where Narmer is ready to make a move.

- there should have been more tougher sentients, like that one Teshin fights. for the most part we only dealt with trash mobs throughout the quest with the Archons providing the only real challenge, and only with the first 2: the last one that appears when your warframe is back gets rinsed in seconds. I really wanted to see more Archons, as I think they're a really cool concept.

That's more a caveat with the quest itself... DE has a story chapter to tell and didn't want people getting stuck on impossible enemies they weren't equipped to fight. It makes the Sentient faction look like a joke, but it also means people can pass the several hours of quest even if they're only barely equipped for it

What I would have liked is a "beefgate" test players have to pass before starting New War. Do a short quest and fight a big tough Sentient boss, and if you can kill it, you're ready for the several hours of New War. Then they probably could have made the New War enemies more challenging (even if tankiness is really the only challenge DE can think of)

21 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Kahl's armor is Eximus patterned

This isn't really a confirmation of anything though. He has no eximus powers and there is no lore to suggest he is an eximus. What you're describing is, at best, coincidental and/or fan-theory stuff. 

20 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

This isn't really a confirmation of anything though. He has no eximus powers and there is no lore to suggest he is an eximus. What you're describing is, at best, coincidental and/or fan-theory stuff. 

I am utterly floored by your level of denial.

Evidence that Kahl is an Eximus: he wears Eximus armor trim

Evidence that Kahl is not: none

Characters are defined by what is shown in the story. Even bit characters and "spear characters", if they are on screen they are still showing something. We have no reason to assume each and every side character is a secret subversion of what is shown

Your argument makes about as much sense as expecting the audience to believe this kid from Spiderman is actually a fully grown man with Dwarfism based solely on the argument his height is circumstantial evidence

9 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I am utterly floored by your level of denial.

Evidence that Kahl is an Eximus: he wears Eximus armor trim

Evidence that Kahl is not: none

Characters are defined by what is shown in the story. Even bit characters and "spear characters", if they are on screen they are still showing something. We have no reason to assume each and every side character is a secret subversion of what is shown

Your argument makes about as much sense as expecting the audience to believe this kid from Spiderman is actually a fully grown man with Dwarfism based solely on the argument his height is circumstantial evidence

The game hasn't specifically stated he is an eximus. He might have "eximus trim" but that doesn't make him an eximus unit. He doesn't have any eximus powers and there is no lore supporting he is anything but a regular lancer. Again, you're fan theorying on this. The game hasn't said he is or is not an eximus so we can't just assume he is. You can have a mountain of corroborating information but unless the game says he is, he isn't.

i hope its more because we fought low tier ones, the shards if you will. we haven't fought any named, main brain sentients that were on the level of Hunhow yet. Maybe theres still hope of balls to the walls fights considering the ones that are still out in Tau, not corrupted/weakened by void energy as the ones who came back to the Origin system.

22 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

The game hasn't specifically stated he is an eximus. He might have "eximus trim" but that doesn't make him an eximus unit. He doesn't have any eximus powers and there is no lore supporting he is anything but a regular lancer. Again, you're fan theorying on this. The game hasn't said he is or is not an eximus so we can't just assume he is. You can have a mountain of corroborating information but unless the game says he is, he isn't.

Kahl is an elite lancer, probably. Im not seeing this "eximus trim" thats been mentioned, but Kahl - by virtue of his tank and apparant armor value - is not likely to be a simple lancer AND because he lacks any form of eximus ability, is not likely to be an eximus. He was, as far as we know, 100% mundane. 

Archived