Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days Returns on all Platforms!

[DE]Dudley

1d8e95be70935f00203cdf75bb530a18.jpg It’s that time again, Tenno. Temperatures are rising and we need you to fill those Soaktrons up and get ready to hose some enemies down. Dog Days returns on all platforms today at 2 p.m. ET and will run until June 29th at 2 p.m. ET.

This summer favorite Tactical Alert not only features innertubes and fun in the sun, but also many returning and new rewards to be earned! 

b8dac687c0d5e3db47469ca41c8f1117.jpg New Rewards

• Dog Days Night Scene
  • Dog Days Kavat Glyph
  • Dog Days Kubrow Glyph
  • Furax Wraith Blueprint 
  • Soaker Ephemera*

In addition to the new Glyphs and Ephemera, we have a new day/night cycle for you to test your water gun skills in. Earn enough Nakak Pearls and you can have your very own Dog Days Night Captura scene to extend all your summer fun while aiming for that perfect shot.

*This Ephemera is a permanent addition to your Arsenal once purchased from Nakak!

How to Play
From Navigation, select the Dog Days Tactical Alert missions under the Event tab to be transported to a sandy beach arena. In the beach arena, there are no Mods, Companions, or Abilities. It’s a fun hosedown where the team (Tenno vs. Grineer) with the most soaks before the timer runs out wins the event.

If your Soaktron runs out of water you can refill it by passing through water fountains dotted across the map. But be wary as your opponents are always on the hunt for you. 

Each Tactical Alert mission rewards Nakak Pearls and the following once completed:

Mission 1: 50,000 Credits + Redeemer Abysso Skin 
Mission 2: 50,000 Credits + Hydroid’s Relay Scene 
Mission 3: 50,000 Credits + Hydroid Noggle Statue 
Mission 4: Orokin Reactor + Stratos Emblem 

After completing Mission 4, you start collecting Nakak Pearls for each enemy you soak to smithereens. Nakak Pearls can be exchanged at Nakak in Cetus for extra Rewards, including Floofs, Captura Scenes, and more.

So what are you waiting for, Tenno? Fill. Soak. Rinse. Repeat. And keep those enemies hydrated! 

1 hour ago, [DE]Dudley said:

New Rewards

• Dog Days Night Scene
  • Dog Days Kavat Glyph
  • Dog Days Kubrow Glyph
  • Fishy Ephemera

Pretty disappointing list of new rewards.

1 hour ago, [DE]Dudley said:

This summer favorite Tactical Alert not only features innertubes and fun in the sun, but also many returning and new rewards to be earned! 

"Summer Favorite alert " Because it is the only tactical alert that comes in the summer. I think a return of scarlet spear or orphix venom could be a really good change of pace and much more favored than dog days.

And no changes to the core gameplay mechanic of the water gun or pearl collection? Just turns it into an AFK fest farm again.  

At least it becomes inner tube season again, can't wait to see my fellow tenno rocking their tubes. 

On 2022-06-09 at 7:07 AM, [DE]Dudley said:

So the fish Ephemera is permanent. It's literally fish. Not glassy thousand-year fish, not fish clearly from the Warframe universe... Plain old fish. But the inner tube isn't permanent? And like with the wings and candy canes and so on, there's still no way to hide literal fish from swimming around.

Make them permanent for players who like them. Add tools to hide the existing permanent cosmetics for players that don't.

This is only fair.

1 hour ago, XHADgaming said:

"Summer Favorite alert " Because it is the only tactical alert that comes in the summer. I think a return of scarlet spear or orphix venom could be a really good change of pace and much more favored than dog days.

And no changes to the core gameplay mechanic of the water gun or pearl collection? Just turns it into an AFK fest farm again.  

At least it becomes inner tube season again, can't wait to see my fellow tenno rocking their tubes. 

I have to admit I don't quite get why there should be a scarlet spear/orphix venom rerun? They're hardly related to the summer at all, and they were events leading towards the new war, which has now happened.

43 minutes ago, Halvkyrie said:

I have to admit I don't quite get why there should be a scarlet spear/orphix venom rerun? They're hardly related to the summer at all, and they were events leading towards the new war, which has now happened.

"I think a return of scarlet spear or orphix venom could be a really good change of pace and much more favored than dog days."

What he actually means: I WANT TO FARM ARCANES EASIER AND FASTER

Incredibly disappointed that the innertube isn't permanent by now. Somehow magical body-hopping space kids with reality-bending void powers is deemed less unrealistic than literally an inflatable innertube that exists IRL right now. Very odd.

It sucks that by far my favorite ephemera and they only one I'd use on my Grendel main because it's perfect for him is locked to this event. 

6 hours ago, [DE]Dudley said:

there are no Mods, Companions, or Abilities. It’s a fun hosedown where the team (Tenno vs. Grineer) with the most soaks before the timer runs out wins the event

why cant we have a PVP mode like this, Tenno vs Tenno , its more fun than current pvp that no one touch , just unmoded weapons and wf and not bullet jump, like other pvp games 

10 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

Is someone holding a gun to your head to force you to play it? Blink once for yes, twice for no.

They're lighthearted items for a lighthearted event. Lighten up Francis!

"After completing Mission 4, you start collecting Nakak Pearls for each enemy you soak to smithereens."

Okay... so... why every match I finish with no matter how many kills I always come out with 10 Nakak Pearls?
The last two matches I did 21 kills, and came out with 10 Nakak Pears in both...
Why is that? Is it the value lower than 1.0?
Doesn't makes sense.

#Edit: Doing some basic maths, not to even acquire all prizes, just 2 of the cheapest Rollerballs, a glyph, only one scene, the soaker ephemera and the colour palette --- This is only 7 rewards from 15 prizes (not including all the 9 mods and the 3 furax parts) --- will cost 2,210 Nakak pearls... this means 221 runs because of the fixed ammount of 10 Nakak Pearls. Does not matter how many kills you did, 20, 40, 50, just doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, Zerophis said:

Okay... so... why every match I finish with no matter how many kills I always come out with 10 Nakak Pearls?
The last two matches I did 21 kills, and came out with 10 Nakak Pears in both...
Why is that? Is it the value lower than 1.0?
Doesn't makes sense.

#Edit: Doing some basic maths, not to even acquire all prizes, just 2 of the cheapest Rollerballs, a glyph, only one scene, the soaker ephemera and the colour palette --- This is only 7 rewards from 15 prizes (not including all the 9 mods and the 3 furax parts) --- will cost 2,210 Nakak pearls... this means 221 runs because of the fixed ammount of 10 Nakak Pearls. Does not matter how many kills you did, 20, 40, 50, just doesn't matter.

Either you have bug or you are doing something wrong, I did  mission 4 of dog days and got 65, 50 for doing mission 4 itself and 15 for kills.

On another topic this event is badly designed because other players can steal your kills when you are about to finish enemy,  total team score should be how much pearls everyone gets, that would prevent players from screwing each other over, especially since right now best way to earn perlls is to...steal kills from other players.

50 minutes ago, -FrutyX- said:

It's completely the same as the last time, people join and afk until the end, letting others do it.

Seriously?

I would say it will be worse this time than the last time because they fixed solo way of farming the event, and since this event is very boring, and you cant even cooperate in this event because  only person who kills gets the pearl, even if you bring down enemy health to absolute minimum, its very badly designed event, they should have made so that total team score was how much much pearls everyone gets, that would fix issue of kill stealing and actually playing would be a lot faster then afking.

Il y a 2 heures, Twisted_Wisdom a dit :

Probably never. PvP isn't popular with the warframe playerbase as a whole which is why Conclave is 99% dead.

Thats because there is actually skill needed. AOE weapons? nope. 5 attack speed on weapons? nope. Need to shoot head? yes
They also are investing nothing on the game mode. And there are bugged weapons that just got fixed a few weeks ago.  If there was actual rewards i am pretty sure people would play conclave.

2 hours ago, Culaio said:

I would say it will be worse this time than the last time because they fixed solo way of farming the event, and since this event is very boring, and you cant even cooperate in this event because  only person who kills gets the pearl, even if you bring down enemy health to absolute minimum, its very badly designed event, they should have made so that total team score was how much much pearls everyone gets, that would fix issue of kill stealing and actually playing would be a lot faster then afking.

I can solo easily, so I'm not sure which "fixes" you're referring to?

47 minutes ago, Mura said:

Thats because there is actually skill needed. AOE weapons? nope. 5 attack speed on weapons? nope. Need to shoot head? yes
They also are investing nothing on the game mode. And there are bugged weapons that just got fixed a few weeks ago.  If there was actual rewards i am pretty sure people would play conclave.

Yeah, you described it perfectly, only, it sounds extremely boring, and here we are again.

I am sure the 30 people of the whole player base want some kind of PvP :). Anyways, I also bear some good news, there are many other good alternatives, if you want to be PvP competitive, maybe you should try Fortnite, PUBG, Apex, Bloodhunt or other milions of battle-roayle games, sounds good?

The only good motivation to play PvP in Warframe are indeed the rewards, but still, 99% people would just farm the rewards and forget about some PvP as fast as possible.

Archived