Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echoes of the Zariman: Hotfix 31.6.2

[DE]Danielle

15 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Helminth Weapon Damage Invigorations will now no longer apply to Dog Days missions. 

• Dog Days was always intended to have everyone on the same level to enjoy some summer fun! The ability to increase the Soaktron’s damage via Invigorations went against that principle, so it has been removed. 

Question: Are we able to, maybe, get a survey on how the damage feels for Dog Days? I feel like the 250% increase was perhaps too much, but now that we have had a taste of unlimited power, maybe there's a sweet spot where we could bump up the damage a tiny bit?

just gonna copy and paste the stuff that still hasn't been fixed and that interfere with my game experience.

When activating Volt's Speed ability on zariman missions as client, No timer appears on the ability icon and there is no actual FX change to see whether or not the ability is even working. 

Being knocked down in void cascade by random spawning exolizers despite having primed surefooted equipped shouldn't be a thing.

Some secondary weapons, like the Tenet diplos, Stop firing randomly if they fire too fast???, and refuse to go back to full auto for a good 8-10 seconds. Trying to fire them during this time results in single fire every second no matter how fast you click the fire button.

Gyre's 3rd ability can sometimes just stop working all together and just not proc crits and will slap you with a cooldown sometimes if you fall off a ledge and get soft reset. 60 seconds is too damn long of a cooldown. This is a Client Side bug.

Also despite Tesla Nervos proccing ELECTRIC PROCS, They apparently don't benefit from gyres passive nor do they get buffed crit chance from gyre's 3. Why???? Just why???? Fix this!!

Helminth Weapon Damage Invigorations will now no longer apply to Dog Days missions. 

• Dog Days was always intended to have everyone on the same level to enjoy some summer fun! The ability to increase the Soaktron’s damage via Invigorations went against that principle, so it has been removed. 

Why though?

Would be better to improve on it to actually make it fun.

As it is, and with the cost of items tied to it, it's nothing but a slog to play through with it seemingly getting worse year-to-year with this year's change being the nerf to rolling.

• Still no points earned for Kill Assists.
  • Reward prices are far too high.
    • Should be reduced by 90% with how barebones this mode is.
  • Too much repetition as there's zero variation between rounds.
    • Same map, same weapons, same enemies.

25 minutes ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

So no changes for Caliban, Yareli, Gyre, Hespar, or Alternox.

OK. Changes that did happen are appreciated, but you are letting a lot of stuff go to rot while focusing on the next new shiney thing.

Add Felarx's Incarnon form to that list...

EDIT: It's not even a subjective take, it's unanimously (and objectively) considered a downgrade to its normal form!

3 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

EDIT: It's not even a subjective take, it's unanimously (and objectively) considered a downgrade to its normal form!

We have been looking at the feedback for this! Just might not make it in hotfix style, but we are well aware of its Incarnon form feeling lackluster in comparison. 

3 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Add GhoulSaw to that list as well. .  .  Pretty okay for being a gimmick weapon terrible for being a melee weapon. 

And I think that the initial list is very subjective, the Aeolak is one of the better AOE weapons that I have used recently.

34 minutes ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

So no changes for Caliban, Yareli, Gyre, Hespar, or Alternox.

OK. Changes that did happen are appreciated, but you are letting a lot of stuff go to rot while focusing on the next new shiney thing.

BUFF Hespar plis

1 minute ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We have been looking at the feedback for this! Just might not make it in hotfix style, but we are well aware of its Incarnon form feeling lackluster in comparison. 

Oh thank you! That's very nice to hear.

A quick fix for it could be: Catchmoon-size projectiles, similar or higher fire rate as normal mode (maybe also fullauto?) and lower recoil. Just that and I'd start to actually use it, personally.

6 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Have ya been looking at all the other feedback regarding the bugs that have been around for a while now?

Also when are ya gonna Give us back the fishy emphemara? There's nothing "soaker" about an emphemara that is literally just Bubbles and Fish

35 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed the Felarx in its Incarnon mode being able to generate and maintain charge from its shots. Charge is only built up while out of Incarnon mode. 

The Felarx's Incarnon State is rough and underwhelming compared to even the Phenmor. Aside from simply adding AoE, why not make the projectiles home in while dealing more damage overall than the base version?

37 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed Aeolak’s magazine getting stuck in hand if the reload animation gets interrupted. 

While great, there are other weapons that have this bug:

• Alternox
  • Tenet Flux Rifle

5 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

What about the feedback about not having basic lens in rotation C, is that also being looked at or do we have to accept having a downgrade for a rotation C reward compared to a tier 1 bounty? 

What about the Ash parts and the awful defense map it is locked behind? Is feedback being evaluated for that? 

5 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

Add GhoulSaw to that list as well. .  .  Pretty okay for being a gimmick weapon terrible for being a melee weapon. 

And I think that the initial list is very subjective, the Aeolak is one of the better AOE weapons that I have used recently.

Holy crap I forgot Ghoulsaw existed I litterally Ranked that up then trashed it so fast I forgot it was ever in-game.

51 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed the Felarx in its Incarnon mode being able to generate and maintain charge from its shots. Charge is only built up while out of Incarnon mode. 

This is the kind of inconsequential thing that probably deserved to stay, as the incarnon of Felarx is truly unremarkable in every possible respect. You don't want to spend more time in it than you have to.

Edit:

18 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

I missed this post. Making a balance tweak to strengthen an already overpowered weapon might be opening a can of worms that DE doesn't quite understand. Weapon balance in warframe is... amazing to say the least and not in a good way. DE has held the position that they simply do not make tweaks to weapons unless they are overwhelmingly strong, when they don't just make a dent in usage but completely dominate it to the point where player choices™️ don't actually exist. I get the impression that the purpose of having intentionally bad weapons is so players can discover what is and isn't worth using, kind of a game in itself, but it could also be an excuse to not be responsible for balancing 300+ weapons for the sake of player enjoyment. There's also the MR progression, which lich weapons ignore...

It's at a point where it probably negatively affects their income, as new prime weapons kind of suck now in comparison to Kuva/Tenet and Incarnon weapons. Their target is really limited to starting players. Phantasma Prime will be the only exception ever and that's because DE still has zero clue how beams work in their own game.

Laetum is arguably at the point of old Catchmoon already, but due to the dominance of priming weapons, its usage will not reflect its ridiculous power that makes it indisputably the strongest secondary weapon available. Imagine if Akstilletto Prime was entirely status-based and had a base damage of 3000 instead of 36, but it also had AoE. That's the Laetum. Even though rivens are at the same end-game MR as Laetum and lich weapons, a 1.5 disposition could never make up the power gap between Laetum and 95% of secondaries. Could this open the riven disposition range? Can the top-end be raised to 2.0 or even 2.5 disposition?

Phenmor is in the same boat. Assault rifles and semi-auto non-sniper rifles in general are just laughable across the game, with the sole exception of Kuva Chakkhurr and its random impact proc giving it insane slash procs with Internal Bleeding, a mod which has completely failed its original purpose as it's only viable on weapons that were randomly given innate impact procs.

Felarx, while Lackluster in comparison to Phenmor and Laetum, is no less overwhelmingly dominant in the field of non-beam shotguns. On paper people have compared it to Strun Prime/Wraith, but they fail to calculate the innate 9.8x passive damage multiplier that it just gets for free and doesn't lose two mod slots to build for critical damage.

Power-creep is healthy in the game to a degree. If newly released end-game weapons were released and totally inferior to what players were trivially completing content with already, they wouldn't even get used. Introducing strong weapons adds value to new content that they come with. The new arcanes are a great example of something useful effectively adding content. People don't grind for the Deimos arcanes because they are hot trash and limited to 6 mediocre weapons, but people grind for the Zariman arcanes because they are viable in the broad selection of arcanes. That's simply a loss of content for not having a viable item, a consequence of design choices to leave something intentionally weak. The deimos arcanes aren't even that poorly designed, they are easy number fixes. Almost all set mods suffer from this too, weird gimmicks that were designed and balanced by people that don't even play the game. Soooo many items are simply not worth forma investment, another revenue source for DE.

tl;dr:

There's a fine line of protecting old content and releasing new content worth investing time in. Rivens have the potential to fill the gap at the end-game level, but currently don't come close as the gap widens thanks to gun Incarnons. Buffing the Felarx, an already incredibly strong weapon, will open questions about the game's balance gap. While I wish its full features were worth using, I also want my other shotguns to have a fair chance, otherwise the choice is going to be made for me. You could argue that having it only available at the end of quest content and on the high-end of MR can make it a reasonable place for a weapon power-up, but is it right for one to outclass everything in its already struggling weapon class? I think it's short-sighted.

The new Raptwing ephemera seems to have the same problem that alot of accessories have in warframe miss alignment which effects the way the hands move around making the right hand almost not move at all especially noticeable while running  you will quickly see that the left hand is moving alot while the right one doesnt move almost at all and if you look the the warframe from the back or the front you will see that one side is above the other one

51 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Seems we let an extra 0 slip through on this one! This was not intended, as 40k Standing is STEEP for some test tubes.

I get you wanna 'feed the grind' and all but let's be honest 40K Standing is STEEP for SEVERAL of Hombask's offerings! Namely the Floor Pad, Rugs, Tool Case and Wall Panels stand out to me. They're extremely basic, in the case of the rugs just downright ugly(they look like we stole them out of a mission w/o washing them and have that 'void stiffness' still caked into them) and the Tool Case couldn't be any more basic looking. 40K for any of those feels like highway robbery. 

Why we can't claim/loot/find/etc some of the smaller decor items as random drops from missions is beyond me given this is really the first time we encounter the items in mass before even getting the option to purchase them. And given the context of everything is that the ship is 'ours' why not recover some of the items lost to the depths?

Le 15/06/2022 à 20:40, [DE]Danielle a dit :
  • Fixed the Khora Urushu Skin legs looking sunken into her feet.
  • Fixed Khora Urushu Skin having weird looking heels created from stretched polys. 

@[DE]Danielle Hello there ! Since you guys finally seem to be interested in fixing Khora, I'm reposting this :

Archived