Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Essence just disappearing again no warning flash and under 2:30 mins

-AncientWarrior-

Question

Hey Tennos

Just doing the resource Booster weekend event farming some SE and have had issues with the SE just disappearing again within 2:30 .. no warning flash just boom gone, the mod stays for 5 mins but the SE is gone baby .. anyone else have this issue ?  and if anyone is farming arbi is the Vitus Essence doing the same or does it hang on for the 5 mins?

Cheers 

Edit: thanks for the replies, hopefully this is it, a resource drop chance booster was used  .. No Resource drop chance booster running while farming SE  .. hmmm but even then the drop chance booster should have effected the solo runs shouldnt it .. oh well we can check it tonite a see what happens

Thanks all for the info

Have a great day and look forward to the 2x RB shortly (we hope we can stay in a team this time)

21 answers to this question

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

Best way to fix this is make Smeeta required to be active when the item drops. So affect on drop, not affect on pickup. Can't believe DE hasn't thought of this. Best way to counter smeeta drop bogus farm.

Nobody would want this for 2 Reasons....

1) You wouldn't be able to Abuse it anymore like how OP is trying to.

2) since some Enemies cant be Affected by Abilities...that means they can't be affected by Charm hence DE would have to go and Special Case those enemies...

Which is more work than they are going to bother with...

16 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I'd find it funny if this was intetnionally implemented like this.

It wouldn't Surprise me...👀

On 2022-07-20 at 3:56 AM, RazerXPrime said:

1. I know people like to abuse gameplay mechanics to their favor. That's not a reason to keep it in the game though.

So using Charm to stack resource boosts is now abusing game mechanics, I guess buying a resource booster on a double resource weekend or affinity booster for affinity weekend is abusing game mechanics too now.

On 2022-07-18 at 12:25 PM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Smeeta Kavat Charm Camping

DE introduced expiring SE because they don't want players using Charm like this.

It was introduced some months ago. Now you know and you should not wait for Charm to pick up SE anymore.

Le 18/07/2022 à 18:25, (PSN)haphazardlynamed a dit :

you let drops sit on the floor, and wait till your Smeeta Kavat activates its resource doubler ability, then you grab up everything for x2 rewards

(I'm assuming you're new so you don't have a Smeeta Kavat yet....

its a companion animal, resembles a Cat. one of its random abilities that can activate is a Resource Doubler

You should try and get one, very useful especially when you're starting out and resources can be tight)

You assumed wrong but no harm's done.

Still, refraining to collect a valuable resource to the point of wasting it, so that a cat may or may not bring double benefices is risky.

As the wiki clearly expose :

"The average time for a specific buff to occur is given by the formula

{\displaystyle m_{b}={\frac {6*t}{\text{Proc Chance}}}}

where mb is the average wait time and t is the cooldown indicated on the mod. So the mb for a Rank 3 Charm is:

6 * 27/0.28 = 578.5714s

This means that for one specific buff to occur with a max rank mod, the average time to wait is therefore a bit longer than 9 and a half minutes.

Alternatively, given that there is a 4.667% for a given buff to occur at an interval, any given buff has a 51.17% chance of occurring at least once in 15 intervals, or 6 minutes and 40 seconds."

So basically : let the cat do its stuff without bothering yourself.

On 2022-07-19 at 5:56 PM, RazerXPrime said:

2. It wouldn't affect the enemy. It'd affect the drop like it does now. Just not on pickup, but on drop.

Exactly.... Since it has to Work on Drop them it would need to be Applied to the Enemy that's Dropping it just like Pilfering Strangledome and Desecrate Does....

Ability Immunity would prevent this From Happening.... 👀

On 2022-07-19 at 5:56 PM, RazerXPrime said:

But it does still create a "wait around for no reason" game style. I don't think a "waiting" gameplay mechanic is healthy.

I don't think DE cares.... They just want you to log in.... What happens after that is not of any Concern to them... 👀....

That's why We Still have things like Defection and Infested Salvage....

14 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Nobody would want this for 2 Reasons....

1) You wouldn't be able to Abuse it anymore like how OP is trying to.

2) since some Enemies cant be Affected by Abilities...that means they can't be affected by Charm hence DE would have to go and Special Case those enemies...

Which is more work than they are going to bother with...

It wouldn't Surprise me...👀

1. I know people like to abuse gameplay mechanics to their favor. That's not a reason to keep it in the game though.

2. It wouldn't affect the enemy. It'd affect the drop like it does now. Just not on pickup, but on drop.

Although as far as I know Acolytes spawn somewhere between 4-10 minutes. So the 5 minute timeout doesn't affect the stacking of steel essence anymore. But it does still create a "wait around for no reason" game style. I don't think a "waiting" gameplay mechanic is healthy.

5 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

Definitely wouldn't surprise me to have older loot go poof if you've dropped a ton elsewhere. Like enemies that you left halfway across the map reappearing in the room you're in now. Most easily seen with half dead enemies you shot a minute ago showing up in a room you just entered or members of a death squad you whizzed by teleporting to greet you again.

Yes but we stay in 1 tile set, dont go across the map and we are picking up the loot apart from the SE every 30 seconds (khoras net reset timer), you would think what was remaining (the SE) would stay .. but we are going to re-test it tonite as no-one has resource drop chance booster running now.. hopefully this will work and we can squad up again for our 2-3 hr runs when the 2x RB happens

1 hour ago, (PSN)ClockworkSiren said:

From the Steel Essence page on the Wiki

“Unlooted Steel Essence from Acolytes is supposed to despawn after 5 minutes however it rarely lasts this long. They frequently disappear much earlier than this, most often between 1-3 minutes. Therefore players are advised to wait no longer than 1 minute for a Charm buff before looting it. Their waypoint UI is supposed to flash as they are about to disappear but this also does not work as intended, so do not wait for any flash before looting.”

From patchnotes 

Update 30.5 (2021-07-06)

• Steel Path Incursions will each offer a reward of 5 Steel Essence, increased from 3.
  • Steel Essence will now remain on the ground for 5 minutes before disappearing. If the UI marker is blinking, be sure to get it before it’s gone!

Definitely wouldn't surprise me to have older loot go poof if you've dropped a ton elsewhere. Like enemies that you left halfway across the map reappearing in the room you're in now. Most easily seen with half dead enemies you shot a minute ago showing up in a room you just entered or members of a death squad you whizzed by teleporting to greet you again.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)ClockworkSiren said:

“Unlooted Steel Essence from Acolytes is supposed to despawn after 5 minutes however it rarely lasts this long. They frequently disappear much earlier than this, most often between 1-3 minutes. Therefore players are advised to wait no longer than 1 minute for a Charm buff before looting it. Their waypoint UI is supposed to flash as they are about to disappear but this also does not work as intended, so do not wait for any flash before looting.”

I'd find it funny if this was intetnionally implemented like this.

1 hour ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

yeah but we dont avoid the loot we only avoid the SE we are always picking loot up every 30 seconds, when I reset the net ..but we will be testing this out cheers

On 2022-07-18 at 5:30 AM, (PSN)ClockworkSiren said:

There can only be a certain amount of drops at any one time. Once you hit that cap any new drops replace the oldest drops, causing the oldest drops to disappear from the field.

if you’re killing a lot of enemies very quickly and avoiding the loot, then you run the risk of drops you actually want, disappearing to make room for the new loot.

yeah but we dont avoid the loot we only avoid the SE we are always picking loot up every 30 seconds, when I reset the net ..but we will be testing this out cheers

Just now, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

most likely poofed cause of the loot limitations.
DE has made it where there is a limit of how much loot is out about in the instance as will cause lag an instability over time in endurance runs.
So pretty much item poof as its entity number hit the point it would despawn to make room more more loot

Hmmm are you saying its the actually amount of total loot on the floor including everything?  I must test this out at some stage as it does sort of make sense .. strange how it doesnt despawn in solo mode until the 5min mark though, and both cases we use only 1 Khora but thanks for the response its definitely given me food for thought on this.. 

On 2022-07-15 at 7:04 PM, -AncientWarrior- said:

Hey Tennos

Just doing the resource Booster weekend event farming some SE and have had issues with the SE just disappearing again within 2:30 .. no warning flash just boom gone, the mod stays for 5 mins but the SE is gone baby .. anyone else have this issue ?  and if anyone is farming arbi is the Vitus Essence doing the same or does it hang on for the 5 mins?

Cheers 

most likely poofed cause of the loot limitations.
DE has made it where there is a limit of how much loot is out about in the instance as will cause lag an instability over time in endurance runs.
So pretty much item poof as its entity number hit the point it would despawn to make room more more loot

On 2022-07-17 at 6:23 PM, Syrdhar said:

IDK and I don't see why you would wait that long before collecting those.

Charm_19.6.3.png

23 hours ago, (PSN)ClockworkSiren said:

There can only be a certain amount of drops at any one time. Once you hit that cap any new drops replace the oldest drops, causing the oldest drops to disappear from the field.

This..... If you're Faring Steel Essence.. try to minimise the Amount of other Things Dropping....

23 hours ago, Syrdhar said:

IDK and I don't see why you would wait that long before collecting those.

you let drops sit on the floor, and wait till your Smeeta Kavat activates its resource doubler ability, then you grab up everything for x2 rewards

(I'm assuming you're new so you don't have a Smeeta Kavat yet....

its a companion animal, resembles a Cat. one of its random abilities that can activate is a Resource Doubler

You should try and get one, very useful especially when you're starting out and resources can be tight)

if you’re killing a lot of enemies very quickly and avoiding the loot, then you run the risk of drops you actually want, disappearing to make room for the new loot.

Archived