Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 rows for Beasts

AreeSoothsayer

Players: 2 rows for warframe enhancement, 2 rows each for Melee, Secondary, Primary weapons - Riven Mods Available for weapons

Sentinals & Moas: 2 rows for ehnancements and 2 rows for small arms weapon systems - Riven Mods Available for weapons

Archwing: 2 rows for Archwing Enhancement, 2 rows for ranged weapon, and 2 rows for melee - Riven Mods Available for weapons

Nechramech: 3 Rows for Mech enhancement, 2 Rows for Main Gun, 2 Rows for Ultimate weapon - Riven Mods Available for weapons

Hound: 2 Rows for Hound Enhancement and 2 Rows for Weapon Enhancement - Riven Mods Available for weapons

Beasts: 2 Rows shared between Beast Enhancement and Attack - No Riven Mods available.

I give up asking for weapons for my fuzzy, and infested, friends. Can you just give them a 3rd row?

I would prefer they just made Pets have a dedicated weapon moddable with Melee Mods, not just to make building them better but also to separate the Attack and Stats mods in the builds. Im pretty sure a lot of players would still not mod them for attacks if more 4 mod slots were added and just add more utility/support mods instead.

11 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I would prefer they just made Pets have a dedicated weapon moddable with Melee Mods, not just to make building them better but also to separate the Attack and Stats mods in the builds. Im pretty sure a lot of players would still not mod them for attacks if more 4 mod slots were added and just add more utility/support mods instead.

Most people yes, those who know how to setup a pet? BWWAHAHAHAHAHA.

On 2022-08-28 at 8:45 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Which ones are those Attack mods “Mainstream” always talking about?

On 2022-08-28 at 1:45 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

It's a no-brainer at this point. Hounds, Moas & Sentinels have boasted this feature for far too long, while pets have been left behind. If there ever was a time to update pets, it'd definitely be soon.

On 2022-08-28 at 3:57 PM, AreeSoothsayer said:

Most people yes, those who know how to setup a pet? BWWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Im not one of the Most People, i often build my pets with mods to boost its attacks tho its still not enough.

I Wish pet attacks had their damages based on the pet`s attack damage to make them a bit more viable since they deal between 200~300 damage which is pretty much nothing for mid/late/endgame.

13 hours ago, (PSN)Onder6099 said:

Which ones are those Attack mods “Mainstream” always talking about?

Maul, Bite, Flame Gland, Shock Collar, Venom Teeth, Frost Jaw and some Kubrow/Kavat breed specific ones that some people often leave out for the lack of space.

13 hours ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

It's a no-brainer at this point. Hounds, Moas & Sentinels have boasted this feature for far too long, while pets have been left behind. If there ever was a time to update pets, it'd definitely be soon.

Sentinels`s weapons deal incomparably more damage than any flesh pet when it should be the other way around since Kubrows/Kavats/Predas/Vulpas need to close in on enemies to attack and attack far slower. My Sweeper Prime for example shoots almost 3 times per second dealing over 3K damage each time wile my Kubrow attacks once every 2~4 seconds dealing little over 1K damage with a 30% chance to deal 9K+.

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Im not one of the Most People, i often build my pets with mods to boost its attacks tho its still not enough.

I Wish pet attacks had their damages based on the pet`s attack damage to make them a bit more viable since they deal between 200~300 damage which is pretty much nothing for mid/late/endgame.

Maul, Bite, Flame Gland, Shock Collar, Venom Teeth, Frost Jaw and some Kubrow/Kavat breed specific ones that some people often leave out for the lack of space.

Sentinels`s weapons deal incomparably more damage than any flesh pet when it should be the other way around since Kubrows/Kavats/Predas/Vulpas need to close in on enemies to attack and attack far slower. My Sweeper Prime for example shoots almost 3 times per second dealing over 3K damage each time wile my Kubrow attacks once every 2~4 seconds dealing little over 1K damage with a 30% chance to deal 9K+.

I made this video a while ago, before the crit mod changes.

17 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

I made this video a while ago, before the crit mod changes.

Spoiler

Wouldnt call it OP Kubro, of course extremely strong but then again you had to sacrifice all the utility and ability mods. :<

I love using Huras because of its Hunt ability knocking down groups of enemies tho it deals 160 damage which is less than a tickle against enemies and its Stalk is great for Stealth missions (If thats still a thing) which is much better than Ghost`s invisibility. DE should have made Pet abilities innate to them like they did to Warframe abilities years ago so players dont have to sacrifice them on builds.

I also consider use (Primed) Animal Instincts on my Companions as its very important for me seeing enemies on the Mini-map, to know where they are coming from or concentrating at the most to plan either a trap or contingency.

8 minutes ago, Frendh said:

Beasts do not need more mod slots. They already have enough advantages over sentinels as is. And Sentinels have some advantages over beasts. Variation.

Please enlighten me? How so? I do not take Panzer Vulpas or Kavat buffs as examples.

3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Please enlighten me? How so? I do not take Panzer Vulpas or Kavat buffs as examples.

You do not take buffs as an example? People would rage and war against DE if all the buffs/debuffs were removed. It is the main reason the majority of people use beasts(cats) over sentinels. Aside from that beasts can be revived an unlimited amount of times. They have the link mods.

6 hours ago, Frendh said:

Beasts do not need more mod slots. They already have enough advantages over sentinels as is. And Sentinels have some advantages over beasts. Variation.

Sentinels are early-game, so it's acceptable for them to be somewhat inferior... Their main advantage IMO will always be the moddable guns, something beasts lack entirely and have to be modded for in the beast's mod screen

16 hours ago, Frendh said:

You do not take buffs as an example? People would rage and war against DE if all the buffs/debuffs were removed. It is the main reason the majority of people use beasts(cats) over sentinels. Aside from that beasts can be revived an unlimited amount of times. They have the link mods.

I dont take Panzers and Kavat buffs as examples because they are another problem on their own and what is being discussed here applies to all pets, not just the two meta ones that have (for most) the only useful abilities.

Also, Djinn + Helstrum does a far better job stacking stats on groups of enemies than Panzer.

Sheldon, before leaving for Soulframe, was apparently working on a complete Pets overhaul.

We haven't received it yet, been waiting for a couple of years now.

But all of these things that people are bringing up here were mentioned the few times he actually talked about it.

So if our new guys in charge can actually finish what he started? That would be nice.

I usually put one forma in organic pets I like, but smeeta and best cat have 3 forma.

Three rows for mods? Seems a little OP. But yes I would like pet weapons AND if no weapon is equipped then the pet will not try to attack level 100 Bombards solo.

Not sure about organic doggos, but cats and vulpix could use claw weapons
Fist_Weapons.jpg

12 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

Yeah beasts really should have their own weapon to modify by now. That said, even if it was added it wont get more people to use non immortal pets at high end.

I use my pets at steel path, takes melee build and a stat stick for the pet but they're viable... it just costs me any variety in my builds. =( I can't really make them unique from each other.

Archived