The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Play IS LIVE!

[DE]Dudley

I can't tell if messages are getting stuck or not, all Xbox players seem to be quiet (and I can't blame them, no physical keyboards)

Asides from that, my ping is terrible with crossplay enabled, around 250-350. Doesn't seem to matter if Xbox or PC is hosting. Much lower with it off.

Performance issues in Railjack, but seemed limited to whichever part of the 'box within a box' the Xboxer was in. Rubber-banding enemies, interactions delaying or not working, menu becomes inaccessible until death/enough speed-transferrences. 

Xbox player in the RJ, PC player also in the RJ: Bad times. 

Xbox player in the RJ, PC player in space/objective: Works fine. 

Xbox player in space/objective, PC player in the RJ: Works fine. 

Xbox player in space/objective, PC player in space/objective: Bad times. 

It also triggered once where another PC player was host and all was fine until an Xbox player joined us and suddenly the lag-esque issues started, so seems unlikely to just be a host connection/cross-platform host issue. It just doesn't like the cross platformers to share the same box at any time. 

Did notice similar latency issues in Open World Bounties previously where an Xbox player joining would cause intermittent spikes of freeze-rubberband for the enemies, but it was less frequent (on RJ it was near constant). 

• Like 1

Xbox player here, Cambion Drift open world, not doing bounties on a busy Friday night.

Repeated host migrations (approx every 3 to 5 minutes), and a lot of churn in PC players dropping and then different added, like every 30 seconds.

The worst is the "return to multiplayer menu" mission fail and all rewards lost. This happened twice in the space of 20 minutes. I quit for the night after the second one.

Something I'm not sure how to do yet is disambiguating between platforms when typing someone's user name in chat for private messaging or viewing profiles.  The platform icons don't seem to have a clear keyboard equivalent, and I didn't see any autocomplete assistance for the platform icon when typing directly in the chat text field using a USB keyboard (without the Xbox on-screen virtual keyboard).

I tried to bring up chat help by typing "/?", but didn't see any cross-platform guidance there.  I understand in-game documentation tends to lag behind (the Codex still claims Cephalon Capture needs 3 points to win when it should be 5), but this is something that makes me hesitate to interact with other players because I might annoy the wrong person.

• Like 1

im getting constant issues with sounds, matchmaking and freezing and im not sure where the issue lies. Ive tried unlimiting ping and playing with and without crossplay enabled.

Usually starts with different sounds cutting off or not playing at all (ex: eximus sfx starting but not finishing, excavators not making noise when they fall or get power, but still having the drill sounds) "mission control" voice lines from Lotus, Little Duck, Ordis etc. get hung up most often.

The duration of sound issues varies wildly from a few seconds to over a minute, but it almost always ends with the game freezing for an equally inconsistent time. Once the game kicks back in i get a host migration every time and usually dont get back with my squad, nor get new squadmates.

Once happened in an Iso Vault on Deimos where it also rendered the hostile Necramechs nigh invulnerable and stopped other enemies from spawning. (+10 seconds pounding its gun arm with direct hits from Voidrig's ult, it was taking less than 200dmg per hit and the bar didnt lose any health)

Freezing persists in all areas, solo and public. only place i havent frozen is the loading screens.

5 minutes ago, JoeMama422 said:

im getting constant issues with sounds, matchmaking and freezing and im not sure where the issue lies. Ive tried unlimiting ping and playing with and without crossplay enabled.

Usually starts with different sounds cutting off or not playing at all (ex: eximus sfx starting but not finishing, excavators not making noise when they fall or get power, but still having the drill sounds) "mission control" voice lines from Lotus, Little Duck, Ordis etc. get hung up most often.

The duration of sound issues varies wildly from a few seconds to over a minute, but it almost always ends with the game freezing for an equally inconsistent time. Once the game kicks back in i get a host migration every time and usually dont get back with my squad, nor get new squadmates.

Once happened in an Iso Vault on Deimos where it also rendered the hostile Necramechs nigh invulnerable and stopped other enemies from spawning. (+10 seconds pounding its gun arm with direct hits from Voidrig's ult, it was taking less than 200dmg per hit and the bar didnt lose any health)

Freezing persists in all areas, solo and public. only place i havent frozen is the loading screens.

I suggest you make a separate bug report for sound bugs. It's easier for the Devs to see your reports if they're all separated. Anyway, you can also try the suggestions made by @[DE]George:

• Please give this a try:
  • 1. On the Warframe launcher, click the little gear icon on the top right.  In the Download Cache section hit "Verify" and "Optimize".
  • 2. If that doesn't work then please try re-installing the game.
  • Let us know if any of these solutions work.

The original post is here:

21 hours ago, (XBOX)StringherMix said:

It is possible but I cannot see any messages in public chat i.e Recruitment Chat, Q&A, Region Chat and Squad Chat. Wow what did I do to get ignored by all PC Players :)

You might have the same problem as this person:

it was an xbox setting.  Click the link to their post and they have a screenshot of it.

Edited by Lightwave413
  • Like 1

I had just got finished doing a bounty today in Cetus. And when I did transference when was by Konzu my warframe just laying on the ground with his head missing and my operator wasn’t showing at all and I could only move the camera angle around. Then when I tried to fast travel to see if it would fix while still showing my warframe headless on the ground I had a duplicate frame standing there but it wouldn’t move. So I just exited out of Cetus and came back in and it was fine. Also when I got booted out of the game one time today. And the platform I’m on is Xbox Series X by the way.

I was doing eidolon hunt and the game glitched like crazy. My warframe was just standing in a still position and when I tried to move it was just sliding across the map while it was standing still. Then I tried typing unstuck that helped but it then glitched again and my warframe was up in the air standing sliding across the map but up in the air. Then it was just gliding downwards and then I was moving around but in a backwards position when I was trying to walk forwards. And also when I was in my necramamech  I was stuck inside of it. I couldn’t transfer out of it during my last eidolon hunt. It was glitched the whole time for my 3rd hunt and when it was over I was still stuck inside the necramech. I was at the door at Cetus map and I couldn’t go inside with my group so the mission could end to collect the rewards. Someone had left the group and that refreshed everything for me and I was no longer in my Necramech and I was able to go back inside to collect my end mission reward. (Xbox Series X)

Might just be me, but I missed both of the double Boreal because since Crossplay tests started every time I try to pub an Archon Hunt I lose connection to host. Today I finally got another Archon Hunt in by turning Crossplay OFF. Similarly, Today I had to turn Crossplay off to do Eidolon hunting. Crossplay worked just fine for everything else last week though.

On 2022-10-10 at 12:58 AM, Pakaku said:

I can't tell if messages are getting stuck or not, all Xbox players seem to be quiet (and I can't blame them, no physical keyboards)

Asides from that, my ping is terrible with crossplay enabled, around 250-350. Doesn't seem to matter if Xbox or PC is hosting. Much lower with it off.

as an xbox player. I see where you're coming from, after switching to using keyboard and mouse however it became much easier

also when I played with my friend on pc, it worked flawlessly from my short lived experience. saw chats, and we were having a blast! good going DE!

On 2022-10-09 at 6:21 PM, (XBOX)StringherMix said:

It is possible but I cannot see any messages in public chat i.e Recruitment Chat, Q&A, Region Chat and Squad Chat. Wow what did I do to get ignored by all PC Players :)

There's an option in xbox settings that toggles if you're able to communicate to other platforms, think it's under privacy. That may be disabled

On 2022-10-09 at 4:13 PM, (XBOX)StringherMix said:

Just a quick update on my personal experience whilst in numerous squads with PC players. I am on Xbox and can see the PC icon beside the players name but cannot see any messages from them. This is also the case when I am in squads. I will send and receive messages from other Xbox players but nothing from PC Players. Having checked with other Xbox players they can see messages from PC players but unfortunately I cannot.

Cross Platform Play - is checked on

Chat - all options checked on

It is possible another setting is the offender here so posting to see if any other player has encountered this issue and have a fix or worryingly is it a me issue. :(

DE please log

Thanks

Check your privacy settings in xbox settings and make sure you have it where you can communicate with other platforms

Had some issues with the Tyl Regor boss fight stage of yesterday's Sortie:

Thee PC players (including the host), one on Xbox.

The Xbox player stayed unmoving for a long time at the mission start, even died there once, and did not respond to messages in chat. They eventually left (or timed out, maybe), to be replaced with another Xbox player, which suffered from the same condition (presumably).

The rest of us kept waiting in the boss room, but eventually I aborted because there was no way to trigger the boss fight.

Setting my options to disable crossplay temporarily allowed me to finish the Sortie. But of course I was all by myself at that point, so I can't tell whether this was, in fact, the cure, or whether not having anyone join me simply circumvented any squad loading issues.

Edited by Aeoni

have had a REALLY long load time a few times.

Scenario was doing public mission, starting from star chart and getting randomly paired with PC players AFTER they have already started flying in or perhaps started the mission (not match-made while mission countdown timer is going)

Result is I fly for about a minute in my ship loading in.  If there are any enemies near spawn, usually my companion is dead with a good chunk of its bleedout timer consumed - apparently my pet spawns in 30-45 seconds before I do.

Again - only when pairing is done AFTER they have already started flying/started mission.  No issues if starting as a squad from orbiter.

Also strongly suspect its only if I join while they are flying - because I have joined quickly to missions well in progress (like 2nd wave defense etc)

did a zariman bounty (void flood) 3 pc players, 1 xbox player, 

went smooth until thrax decided to go permanent invulnerable.

whe had to abort and redo bounty.

other than that no issues so far

Edited by fo3nixz

9 hours ago, fo3nixz said:

did a zariman bounty (void flood) 3 pc players, 1 xbox player, 

went smooth until thrax decided to go permanent invulnerable.

whe had to abort and redo bounty.

other than that no issues so far

I don't know if it is crossplay related but there is currently an invulnerability bug.

For some reason certain enemies will get a gray health bar and it will stay that way.

Happened during the Archon defense and luckily it ended before anyone aborted mission.

Was playing a mission solo last night and a crewman went grey and I just had to move on and kill other enemies. 

I'm not sure what is causing it or how to repeat it but I have noticed it twice for sure and wonder when it will happen again.