Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open world event idea: Tenno vs grineer army.

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

What if we had some big event where we take 15-30 tenno, and make them fight several hundred grineer in the plains of eidolon?

We could even throw in a bunch of thumpers or some super high level eidolon that everyone has to team up to kill. 

Also yes this would probably have some issues so you'd probably have to tweak the render distance and turn off particles for everyone outside of your squad. 

But even with all the possible flaws and issues, imagine an epic avengers endgame moment where all the Warframes team up to kill all the enemies together. 

It would probably be the best event to ever exist, and we could even do a second one for the orb vallis if it goes well.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

What if we had some big event where we take 15-30 tenno, and make them fight several hundred grineer in the plains of eidolon?

We could even throw in a bunch of thumpers or some super high level eidolon that everyone has to team up to kill. 

Also yes this would probably have some issues so you'd probably have to tweak the render distance and turn off particles for everyone outside of your squad. 

But even with all the possible flaws and issues, imagine an epic avengers endgame moment where all the Warframes team up to kill all the enemies together. 

It would probably be the best event to ever exist, and we could even do a second one for the orb vallis if it goes well.

sorry to buzz kill it, it is really a no.  The fact, a single warframe can wipe out whole army, we done it before and we can do it again, plus AoE weapons is biggest issues ppl claim when we actually have lots of frame do more AoE then our weapons does but not going off topic but I am pretty sure that thumper means nothing when we can summon necramech to the field and there isn't a limited for it as we just mow down for we are talking about the "Grineer"  I only can imagine if Vay Hek only join in the battle and few special bosses grineer come in like ice hammer guy and the fire bombarder guy and that is about it but I don't think it will cut the cheese off the players to be happy trigger with or without AoE weapons or frame that do AoE.

The only possible to make it awesome is the battle of Eidolon just reconnect the mothership and summon massive invasion for unleashing 4 Eidolon bros to reek havoc while the sentient is nearly everywhere for it would be 2k sentient on the field and reduce amount spamming sentient the dev should increase the speed body disappeared faster because I got funny feeling it is going be laggy like Dynasty Warrior 9 game if that is going happen.  Then we could have it again just like clan vs clan match but it is PvsE which we did "had" dark sector or known as "steal this planet" which involved the old rail system in the old clan dojo who still have the orokin lab room.  It is possible to have up to 15-30 it just it is going be "Super Laggy" because the fact the connection of 8 players r powerful enough wipe out at least thousands sentients because depending who but I believed we are only going end up with 8 instead of more then 15.

5 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

sorry to buzz kill it, it is really a no.  The fact, a single warframe can wipe out whole army, we done it before and we can do it again, plus AoE weapons is biggest issues ppl claim when we actually have lots of frame do more AoE then our weapons does but not going off topic but I am pretty sure that thumper means nothing when we can summon necramech to the field and there isn't a limited for it as we just mow down for we are talking about the "Grineer"  I only can imagine if Vay Hek only join in the battle and few special bosses grineer come in like ice hammer guy and the fire bombarder guy and that is about it but I don't think it will cut the cheese off the players to be happy trigger with or without AoE weapons or frame that do AoE.

The only possible to make it awesome is the battle of Eidolon just reconnect the mothership and summon massive invasion for unleashing 4 Eidolon bros to reek havoc while the sentient is nearly everywhere for it would be 2k sentient on the field and reduce amount spamming sentient the dev should increase the speed body disappeared faster because I got funny feeling it is going be laggy like Dynasty Warrior 9 game if that is going happen.  Then we could have it again just like clan vs clan match but it is PvsE which we did "had" dark sector or known as "steal this planet" which involved the old rail system in the old clan dojo who still have the orokin lab room.  It is possible to have up to 15-30 it just it is going be "Super Laggy" because the fact the connection of 8 players r powerful enough wipe out at least thousands sentients because depending who but I believed we are only going end up with 8 instead of more then 15.

That's kinda why the "grineer army" has to be a full scale invasion. 

They have to literally be "everywhere" so you can't just kill them all. 

Remember that we are talking about the open world, so there is plenty of room for infantry, jetpack units, Dargyns, Tusk Thumpers, and the like, and that they will all be spread out over several hundred meters (with several hundred units alive at once).

Also it will be steel path levels so slightly harder to simply kill a bunch of them in a single shot.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I can already see host migrations and games crashing. Fact that game stutters on Relays when there's other players and add abilities guns all those effects into the mix and yeah I doubt game could handle it.

It's an cool idea though I was picturing something like that for New War. Imagine if it were an event where we could fight on different fronts in massive battles.

You could have thousands on screen at once and it'd still only take a single player to deal with them all. Thumpers are a joke thanks to mechs. And since Eidolons pretty much have every phase one-shot plus all the Operator buffs we've had high level Eidolons wouldn't be all that different unless you're severely inexperienced with them.

But, to my understanding, such an event wouldn't be physically possible as the number of AI actors is hard limited by the game engine. Plus players manage to encounter enough connectivity issues under normal circumstances and Trials already tried having eight players and that too was rife with connectivity problems. Trying to cram that many players into a mission, all the enemy AI (even ignoring the limit), and dealing with all the ability effects (especially if you're throwing Thumpers and Eidolons into the mix) is just asking for a non-functional mess.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

t would probably be the best event to ever exist,

it certainly would be great, New War gave us a taste of what an all-out conflict on the plains would look like, but outside of maybe Trials, which would still be restricted to 8 players at best, I don't think this will come to be. not as it's envisioned here at least. 

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

This sounds closer to what I imagined TNW to be (I didn't imagine quite as many players though).

It sounds pretty epic.

I also always wanted to see a situation where we are drown in a full on war. There is btw this really cool fanart with a Steel Meridian themed Ivara with a worn hood, shooting back with a sniper rifle on a battlefield that i find very inspiring for imagining what it would look like (i can't find the proper autor so i'll not link pictures here, but the keywords make it easy to find). That's why The New War kinda disappointed me on this aspect since we haven't really experienced it. Lore-wise, the Tennos lost the war at soon as we started the quest and the rest of it was more like in a context of resistance in the shadows to fight the Narmer occupation (like the French Resistance in WWII).

But as others have pointed out, having so many players involved at the same time is not realistic, either technically with peer-to-peer, gameplay-wise because of the insane firepower of a single warframe, and even lore-wise since there aren't that many warframes in the Origin System.

That's why I would imagine this kind of setting more like invasions where you choose a camp to lead and where you would rather play the role of general in charge of leading an army. We would still have to go on the battlefield, but our progress alone would not be enough to win and we would have to give orders in real time for each of the different theaters of operations. We may have to jump from one theater to another, but there would be this global strategy you would want to accomplish to seize victory.

EDIT: Found the fanart source ^^ https://www.deviantart.com/thedurrrrian/art/Warframe-Crack-shots-in-space-667812786 And it's a Red Veil themed Ivara.

2 minutes ago, Yulfan said:

I also always wanted to see a situation where we are drown in a full on war. There is btw this really cool fanart with a Steel Meridian themed Ivara with a worn hood, shooting back with a sniper rifle on a battlefield that i find very inspiring for imagining what it would look like (i can't find the proper autor so i'll not link pictures here, but the keywords make it easy to find). That's why The New War kinda disappointed me on this aspect since we haven't really experienced it. Lore-wise, the Tennos lost the war at soon as we started the quest and the rest of it was more like in a context of resistance in the shadows to fight the Narmer occupation (like the French Resistance in WWII).

But as others have pointed out, having so many players involved at the same time is not realistic, either technically with peer-to-peer,  gameplay-wise because of the insane firepower of a single warframe, and even lore-wise since there aren't that many warframes in the Origin System.

That's why I would imagine this kind of setting more like invasions where you choose a camp to lead and where you would rather play the role of general in charge of leading an army. We would still have to go on the battlefield, but our progress alone would not be enough to win and we would have to give orders in real time for each of the different theaters of operations. We may have to jump from one theater to another, but there would be this global strategy you would want to accomplish to seize victory.

This would be cool as well. 

A (possibly?) More stable idea might be something like scarlet spear but in railjack, where we have 2-3 railjacks fighting a full scale space battle against several grineer galleons, with both "attack squads" and the railjacks crews. 

The idea of a full scale Warframe battle just sounds like it would be incredibly fun, so I hope one day we could get one.

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

tenno with:

- kuva zarr

- tenet arca plasmor

- kuva nukor with punch through

- kuva tonkor

multiplied by 15.

the war is over before it even began. hehehehe. 😈

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

That's kinda why the "grineer army" has to be a full scale invasion. 

They have to literally be "everywhere" so you can't just kill them all. 

Remember that we are talking about the open world, so there is plenty of room for infantry, jetpack units, Dargyns, Tusk Thumpers, and the like, and that they will all be spread out over several hundred meters (with several hundred units alive at once).

Also it will be steel path levels so slightly harder to simply kill a bunch of them in a single shot.

At this point I would laugh hard enough about the SP lvl but still I don't think it is going matter about the grineer army for the grineer hasn't completely "have" something to "back them up" invasion of full scale for we only find Ghouls, grineers, thumpers, dargyns r ezy picking.  It just everyone's weapon depends what to do with what as for the thumper they are just bullet sponge for it is just necramech all the way for players will just mow down again.  The fact it is Player's intelligent vs Grineer's AI random generate chose spawn.  More likely we are going use archwing make up the speed and we will keep on zipping around like annoying pest fly in the grineer's house but worst then a fly is a immortal fly and that is what we are to the AI.

Also, you forgot 1 more thing.  8 players frame fan main vauban/rev/spammer light show...all hit 4, we r going see lots of

My Eyes GIFs | Tenor

if you get what I mean for I think we may have going way overboard killing the grineer because no matter how powerful the SP, we always have Mag doing nukes or other frames nukes or armor stripping the biggest meme for we always watch they rip everything apart.

15 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

At this point I would laugh hard enough about the SP lvl but still I don't think it is going matter about the grineer army for the grineer hasn't completely "have" something to "back them up" invasion of full scale for we only find Ghouls, grineers, thumpers, dargyns r ezy picking.  It just everyone's weapon depends what to do with what as for the thumper they are just bullet sponge for it is just necramech all the way for players will just mow down again.  The fact it is Player's intelligent vs Grineer's AI random generate chose spawn.  More likely we are going use archwing make up the speed and we will keep on zipping around like annoying pest fly in the grineer's house but worst then a fly is a immortal fly and that is what we are to the AI.

Also, you forgot 1 more thing.  8 players frame fan main vauban/rev/spammer light show...all hit 4, we r going see lots of

My Eyes GIFs | Tenor

if you get what I mean for I think we may have going way overboard killing the grineer because no matter how powerful the SP, we always have Mag doing nukes or other frames nukes or armor stripping the biggest meme for we always watch they rip everything apart.

If you spread it across a wide enough area (give it infinite affinity range to benefit with it), it should work. Then it's less 'oh my god my eyes' and more seeing the destruction wrought by other Tenno on the horizon. Disable the teleporters and perhaps you could see flyby strafing as Tenno swooped by on Archwings between destinations

Engine would probably die though trying to render all that though, sadly.

1 hour ago, Yulfan said:

But as others have pointed out, having so many players involved at the same time is not realistic, either technically with peer-to-peer, gameplay-wise because of the insane firepower of a single warframe, and even lore-wise since there aren't that many warframes in the Origin System.

EDIT: Found the fanart source ^^ https://www.deviantart.com/thedurrrrian/art/Warframe-Crack-shots-in-space-667812786 And it's a Red Veil themed Ivara.

I'd be down especially if it had the same 'everyone works together to get the reward' thing as Scarlet Spear. Just y'know, less tremendously boring than the defense missions that Scarlet Spear was. The base system was fine. Yeah, people could get toxic, but they'll do that anyway. Scarlet Spear had an actual feeling of Camraderie.

Seriously, the Railjack portion especially was SUCH a disappointment.

6 hours ago, Loza03 said:

If you spread it across a wide enough area (give it infinite affinity range to benefit with it), it should work. Then it's less 'oh my god my eyes' and more seeing the destruction wrought by other Tenno on the horizon. Disable the teleporters and perhaps you could see flyby strafing as Tenno swooped by on Archwings between destinations

Engine would probably die though trying to render all that though, sadly.

we did had big map during clan vs clan (dark sector) for they did and someone play syran and murder everyone in the map as she never got the nerf for only ash got the nerf 🥲... anyway yes I know spread them appart but we are talking about the walking nukes for they will attend to keep on nuking no matter how far they are which thanks to helminth system of "spin the wheel" chance for they might get 200-300% range which it would totally would bonk about at more 1k meter which we did had rev max his range from 200% to be 300% range because it was "fun" someone case...I still remember seeing that laser across the PoE when they introduce helminth's system.😥 sorry remembering the cringe moment with 3 rev light show

As again back direct main subject, more likely teleports would or might be removed but then again there are players who don't have archwing which the dev baby them alot for "they nitpick" like the youngest child of the family of community which not mocking them but the oldest feel like we get whip lash for telling them get ur act together.  At the time being, I am sure pablo got this (sorry pablo but I am pretty sure the ur getting tired).

3 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

As again back direct main subject, more likely teleports would or might be removed but then again there are players who don't have archwing 

I'd say kdrive, but de did a terrible job of making sure you knew that the kdrive launcher worked as a standalone item (and also the fact we got teleporters added even with the existence of kdrives.)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived