Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kahl know what LANTHORN FARM like. Nobody deserve LANTHORN FARM.

Mikhael222

fHpKc0O.jpg

In my opinion, the drop rates on this resource are far too low, and for no good reason.  Takes me back to when I was a newer player and had to farm for Orokin cells.  Except with the Orokin cells, they were almost guaranteed to drop on certain missions, and most of the blueprints requiring them weren't demanding 15-20 at a time.  During the long waits between the very few times when the lanthorns are finally being awarded as a bounty reward, you have to tediously scrounge around the map opening every box or sacrifice your sentinel over and over again.  Why the strangely low drop rates on this resource, DE?

1 hour ago, Mikhael222 said:

In my opinion, the drop rates on this resource are far too low, and for no good reason. 

Wait, what are lanhtorns? Hmm...ah! We just need few Entrati Lanthorns so that's why I don't remember that this resource even exists.

I've not farmed them. I just have them. I've not bought 1 Ephemera (5 Lanthorns) but I've famred everything except free Styanax. I've some left.

YMMV as this is RNG issue. I've farmed Gyre for 2 weeks withotu single part.

As per usual if a farm seems unreasonable 9/10 times it's because you're farming incorrectly. You don't want to be relying on bounty drops for these, you want to be taking a crate breaking frame/build and collecting everything from your missions instead of trying to speedrun Bounties. Get efficient at runs like that and you'll quickly end up with far more than you'll ever need.

13 hours ago, Berzerkules said:
17 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Ah yeah remember Demios and those accursed scintilant

Don't you ever say that word again!!!

Easy to get. Find one, fail (afair) some kind of bounty, go back to find it in the same place.

17 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Ah yeah remember Demios and those accursed scintilant? Or Cetus Wisp? Or Fortuna toriod? There's always something of rare drop rate. It's DE way of making us redo the same content over and over.

Except with planning and preparation it's not as rare as you might think. 

The issue is players not planning or preparing. 

You'd have a great point if loot frames, speed nova and boosters didn't exist, though.

6 hours ago, quxier said:

Easy to get. Find one, fail (afair) some kind of bounty, go back to find it in the same place.

Iso vault were so bad early on. You had to find the right spawn point to start the missions then find the next one and had to finish them in a single cycle or some bs. Scintillant was also bugged if you weren't host so you couldn't see it. I ended up ignoring iso vaults and just spamming bounties for it but the drop rate was bugged at the time as well. It was all bad on release when I farmed what I needed. 

8 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

It was all bad on release when I farmed what I needed. 

It's like lots of things on release. Thanks for remainder but... why? Is it still bugged or something? I've not played Deimos for very long time.

21 minutes ago, quxier said:

It's like lots of things on release. Thanks for remainder but... why? Is it still bugged or something? I've not played Deimos for very long time.

Scintillant is one of those limited use resources like entrati lanthorn that DE likes adding to the game. Once you get what you need it will forever be a dead drop. I farmed all the scintillant I needed close to release when drops were scuffed and It was later made slightly easier to acquire. Scintillant was one of my breaking points and after that farm I started throwing plat at new stuff. 

And you're right, a lot of things are bugged on release. Like Gyre, she requires entrati lanthorn to craft but her drops were bugged at release with something like a 2% drop rate instead of the ~12%-13%. Her drop rates were fixed but DE also added a 1 second cooldown to her ult. She was the best she ever was for a day or two but was near unfarmable and even if you farmed her in that time frame you wouldn't have been able to craft her before the change to her 4. 

Sorry, I'm ranting again. Limited use resources and bugged out releases trigger me sometimes. 

On 2023-01-25 at 6:55 PM, Berzerkules said:

Her drop rates were fixed

I'll be honest, feels like they never did. I swear someone moved a decimal point on her drop chance cause she's the last frame I need to farm (including primes) and I can't remember the last time I did a farm for a frame this brutal.

Archived