The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Citrines Last Wish, not Duviri

(XBOX)Cram Duahcim

The post regarding Devstream 167 calls the next update as "Citrines Last Wish" and not Duviri. 

Any predictions before Friday? Tinfoil hat is on because I have one. Infested Lichs.

The Old Blood: Grineer

Sisters of Parvos: Corpus

Citrines Last Wish: Infested.

Definitely tin foil hat. But it could be another "part of Duviri" that's released early.

Reality is its probably a smaller lore dump along with a preload of some Duviri files before its release. We'll find out Friday but let's speculate.

Citrine is a type of quartz with a yellow hue, so let me put on my tinfoil hat too:

We haven't had an event in 2 years, and people don't like Dog Days,

This is obviously going to be a mining event!! It takes over for Dog Days and it's 45 days of MINING FUN. Hitting rocks in the hot hot sun for precious arcanes, what else?!

(Predicted prediction accuracy: low)

3 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

Citrine is a type of quartz with a yellow hue, so let me put on my tinfoil hat too:

This is obviously going to be a mining event!! It takes over for Dog Days and it's 45 days of MINING FUN. Hitting rocks in the hot hot sun for precious arcanes, what else?!

The thing in the devstream banner is definitely infested, who have their own open world in Deimos.

And guess who else is on deimos: Otak.

"There is so many things you can mine on Deimos! For instance, you can mine minerals, ores, gems, minerals..." that an event about "Mining for minerals. Mining for family. Mining for the future. Also minerals" led by Otak seems quite possible.

"Mining is good. You're a good miner, Chip. Keep on mining!"

24 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

The thing in the devstream banner is definitely infested, who have their own open world in Deimos.

And guess who else is on deimos: Otak.

"There is so many things you can mine on Deimos! For instance, you can mine minerals, ores, gems, minerals..." that an event about "Mining for minerals. Mining for family. Mining for the future. Also minerals" led by Otak seems quite possible.

"Mining is good. You're a good miner, Chip. Keep on mining!"

Warframe Rock Galactic "For Rock and Stone!"

Considering that Lua's Prey was a small update just utilizing at most the color mechanics that Duviri might have. I am making a guess and saying that using the wording of Citrine being a colorful object means that this color mechanic is going to come into play into maybe select missions and be otherwise a not so heavily filled update as that's what Duviri is

I am hoping there are changes to existing content as well, cause there are a ton of things from the more recent updates that have been seeing a lot of discussions yet not updated afterwards. I doubt they are going to be releasing something completely different and as a huge scope like infested liches, maybe more kuva lich/sisters of parvos weapons might be added but not infested r40 weapons.

According to ancient mythology, Citrine is attributed with two divine deities
Demeter, the Greek goddess of harvest who is associated with productivity; and Sekhmet, the Egyptian goddess of war who is associated with power.

• Demeter its the goddess of harvest.
    • So this one it's a no, no.

• Sekhmet its goddess of the hot desert sun, plague, chaos, war, and healing. 
    • Desert of the hot red sun, plague, chaos, war and healing, is that the war vs infested? Or does simple refer to what appears to be a Rhino skin? Maybe a new warframe? 
      • Plague = Insects
      • Red sun = The color of the skin
      • Chaos = If he is a new warframe, maybe it has to do with his abilities?
      • War = Why not?
      • Healing = A new healer?

PS: Yes I'm drinking gin now so my imagination exploded a little.

Brother Harrow's in the back, sweet Khora's in the front
Mining across Eidolon in the hot, hot sun
Suddenly a dropship, it's Grineer, it must be them
Loud voice booming, "Clem clem clem clem clem clem"
Harrow casts his penance, Khora just drops a dome
Grineer load their grakatas and wish that they could go back home

How bizarre
How bizarre, how bizarre

(sorry, the OMC song popped in my head when the other poster mentioned mining in the hot hot sun)

2 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:
  • Demeter its the goddess of harvest.
    • So this one it's a no, no.

I mean, DE did ask about farming in their exit surveys.

hdtf56O.png

And Pablo hinted at "what's to come" last year in a Q&A:

Question 4:

Do you consider adding Farming Areas in the Drifter Camp or on the Plains of Eidolon where players can cultivate specific plants and raise animals? Thought this mode might be popular, not only expanding the player base, and but also improving Warframe's retention rate.

Pablo:

This is a bit of a spoiler, hopefully no one will see this. But if you go and visit your dormizone, in the Angels of the Zariman that just came out, just look around, you might see a little tease of what's to come, a little tease of what's to come.

And what looks a lot like an insect-themed Rhino skin?

Bugframe + literal farming is my bet.

23 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

hdtf56O.png

Oh God are you saying we're getting FarmVille in Warframe.

That's not only hilariously ironic but also extremely lame. 

53 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

hdtf56O.png

Pretty sure he was talking about--

Spoiler

Teshin's swords sitting by the locked door in the Dormizone which only your Drifter can see.

1 minute ago, Numerikuu said:

Pretty sure he was talking about--

Hide contents

Teshin's swords sitting by the locked door in the Dormizone which only your Drifter can see.

How so? The question he was responding to asked about farming.

Do you consider adding Farming Areas in the Drifter Camp or on the Plains of Eidolon where players can cultivate specific plants and raise animals?

That might be behind the Teshin door, idk, but it was a pretty specific prompt.

6 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

How so? The question he was responding to asked about farming.

That might be behind the Teshin door, idk, but it was a pretty specific prompt.

Mainly remembering something else he said in the past tbh, that being don't take anything he says as gospel. One of the reasons why he holds back on doing interviews as much.

Imo, unless it actually fits in with Warframe and makes sense to the core game? I see it as a waste of time and resources. Personally that part of the survey irked me because it lumped in so many different things together, many of which have absolutely nothing to do with one another. I'd like to see K-Drive racing, but wouldn't give a damn about farming and animal rearing. There's other games for that 😂

I love this game, but one of its flaws is wanting to do too many different things--things that sometimes stray far from its core. In the end it weakens what already exists, things that if given more love and content would make the game much more solid in terms of its universe.

8 hours ago, cute_moth.npc said:

Ah yes, mining stuff for crafting materials. So many great memories...

stains-vietnam.gif

Archived