Update 32.3: Citrine's Last Wish

[DE]Connor

Yareli augment sounds good. However, I think the weapon buffs that came with the mod should be on base Yareli. 

More buffs towards her equipped secondary while on merulina are needed. Or you could let us use primaries/archguns/glaives/gunblades while on Merulina.

As it is, having her entire arsenal bar her secondary stripped away is a pretty big downside that still doesn't have an appropriate counterbalance. Critical Flow is not enough. Gaining DR and kdrive movement but being restricted to secondary for it is not really a good tradeoff.

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

The Steel Path Honors store now has a limit of 25 per week for each of the 10,000 Kuva and the Relic Pack offerings. 

• We have made this change to Teshins store as it is an unlimited source of Kuva and Void Relics in-game. We took a careful look at Steel Path and decided this would be the best method to ensure a small handful of players couldn’t buy absurdly large quantities of these resources at once, without making changes that would affect all Players on the Steel Path. 

"Hey, so here's this new infinitely farmable resource that you can use to buy stuff."

"Ok, I'll farm a ton of it and use it to buy a ton of stuff when I need it, like a ton of Kuva or relics when a new Prime Access hit."

"Wait no, not like that".

Seriously, what is the point of farming Steel Essence if we can't use it as we see fit? Might as well stop doing daily SP Incursions now, there is no point.

• Like 17

hace 37 minutos, [DE]Connor dijo:
  • The Steel Path Honors store now has a limit of 25 per week for each of the 10,000 Kuva and the Relic Pack offerings. 

What is this??????!!! You literally nerfing players who play the game game, if i want to spend 20 hours farming SE to get kuva to roll a riven for my favourite weapon i should be allowed to for ducks sake.
Why is DE always nerfing kuva farms? They don't want players to have kuva, they don't want players to have a good riven for their favourite weapon. DE wants players to spend thousands of platinum to buy overpriced rivens from the riven mafia (not playing the game in the meantime bc you're gonna be too busy working to buy all that platinum) but they are not gonna admit it.

• Like 18

Another Defense mission? The previous update we have 'another' Survival that'll be abandoned after players acquired Voruna, her weapons and some Arcanes. Please create another type of mission that has better playability and not repetitively boring. I really wanted to get back playing this game, but it's just too boring and frickin stale without anything new to enjoy.

• Like 6

il y a 57 minutes, [DE]Connor a dit :

Fixed music from Varzia playing while viewing Prime Resurgence in the in-game Market. 

Happy to be able to hear the Prime trailers musics without these horrendous musics overlapping. Thank you.

But btw, let's talk about the Market musics. I always hated their addition to the whole market years ago, especially since it has always been impossible to deactivate them. They are overwhelmingly intrusive, ruining the peaceful and serene mood of the orbiter, in addition of being immersion-breaking (combat themed musics on a market board???). Back in the day, you could only hear them while previewing frames and weapons, which contributed to the wow-effect. But since you extended them to the whole market, hearing them again and again and again and again while browsing has become extremely irritating.

The ideal change would be an option to deactivate the regular musics on the market while keeping Varzia's ones when accessing the Prime Resurgence tab. But if that's not possible, then an option to disable all market musics altogether would be highly appreciated. It's been years i'm tired to hear these damn musics…

And on that subject, why not add the Prime trailers musics to the Somachord?

Edited by Yulfan
typo

54 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:
  • The Steel Path Honors store now has a limit of 25 per week for each of the 10,000 Kuva and the Relic Pack offerings. 
    • We have made this change to Teshins store as it is an unlimited source of Kuva and Void Relics in-game. We took a careful look at Steel Path and decided this would be the best method to ensure a small handful of players couldn’t buy absurdly large quantities of these resources at once, without making changes that would affect all Players on the Steel Path. 

Why DE? 

• Like 24

RIP Incursions.

Farming relics when new Prime drops is always a chore, with Incursions you could stockpile SE to buy bunch of packs on the go and don't die of boredom in Void Capture, Io Defence and Lua Disruption. Blocking this essentialy kills the will to do Incursions at all, as you dont have enough stuff to spend it on.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Valkyr’s Prolonged Paralysis stun duration now causes a knockdown on affected enemies instead of a standing stun.

• In the Lua’s Prey Update, we re-worked the Prolonged Paralysis Augment Mod so that pull distance didn’t scale with Ability Strength, and the enemies were stunned standing instead of a grounded stun. We thought players would prefer standing finishers due to synergies with other Arcanes and modifiers, but in response to feedback, we are changing it back to a knockdown for grounded finishers outputting raw damage.

Thank you so much!

I do have an observation:  If it was reapplied to targets before they'd started to get up off the ground, the old knockdown version would often ragdoll them away.    It's doing this again, but -I think- it's even more extreme than it was.    It's super noticeable with high strength, as this lengthens the window during which they'll be flung and increases the distance they'll go.

It's super-comical and fun with really high strength...but  if this could get addressed the augment would be more practical.   (And soothe some of the complaints from people who didn't like the original version at all.)  If its technically difficult or undesirable to remove the ragdoll entirely, even just changing it so that it the distance was smaller and/or didn't scale with  strength, that would be a big improvement.

• Like 2

Me before patch notes:

Yes!! I can't wait to use the Yareli augment with Tenet Plinx!

Me after patch notes:

Well, at least there is still Sporelacer.

I just finished my Tenet Plinx the other week lol. I was going to Valence it a few times.. Now I guess I have this lich on my star chart I don't want anymore.

Yes Tenet Plinx did tons of damage with Synth Charge on, but it fires super slow, that was the charm. It wasn't ultra broken. Now that it's super slow and will not do substantially more damage than a Sporelacer, who is going to want this weapon? ^^;

Edited by cute_moth.npc
  • Like 7

Do the changes to LoS calculations affect Combustion Beam? It sounds like they should (since it had a very similar problem to Mag, in terms of grouped/ragdolled enemies blocking LoS to other enemies and making it far less effective than it "should" be) but I don't want to assume that two similar effects actually use the same logic under the hood.

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

The Steel Path Honors store now has a limit of 25 per week for each of the 10,000 Kuva and the Relic Pack offerings. 

I think this change is for the better, but I also think this reasoning isn't great.

Realistically, the change keeps people from getting addicted, dumping hours after hours after hours ramping up Kuva gains to reroll Rivens like the slot machines they are. It's the same sort of reason for the change to Kubrow fur patterns back in the day that could be rerolled for plat: player health and wellness.

The reason given here makes it seem like you're more concerned about players, I don't know, finishing the game too fast? That's all well and good, but I'd figure player health is a little more pertinent.

Unless that isn't your concern, in which case...not a great look, in my eyes.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

Why don't you just come out and say you hate end-game players?

Seriously though. Why do this? My friends and I were all super hyped when Steel Path Fissures were added. We thought DE was finally giving players a reward for being strong enough to run endurance missions through the extra loot scaling and then they just, take it away. Very uncool :*(

I do understand the relic cap, though. Players stocking up steel essence to buy 12 billion relic packs right at the start of a new prime's release would destroy the market for them.

Kuva is designed to be a resource that you throw down the sink at funny rivens though, and taking away our hard earned kuva is very uncool.

• Like 13

Gib me more reasons to not play your game DE please i beg you....  great way to kill steelpath endurance fissures thank you.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Note that this is a part of our ongoing efforts to improve the Enhanced Graphics Engine before phasing out our Classic Renderer, as discussed on Devstream 165.

Hello DE
I have a MAJOR concern with the Enhanced Graphics Engine

I've been playing on the EGE for about a year. And noticed UI elements (Arsenal, Store, End of Mission Rewards, Relic Selection screen) having MASSIVE issues loading in fast.
I ended up having about a 30-40% slowdown in gameplay/mission selection, ending up being stuck in Loading screen because my team has already finished loading, and selecting a mission.

PLEASE i urge you massively to please take a look at that issue.
I had to swap back to old engine to reliably be able to play any public squad mission. Otherwise im always left without a relic in missions, or not being able to change gear, since I load for ages

I am genuinely afraid I might quit warframe, if I cant play stuff like relic missions in the future, once old renderer is fully phased out.
Please do some comparison of loading times, with clients that have many items in their inventory. (relics for example. I swear, that menu takes like 8sec to load on EGE, and barely 2-3sec at most on old engine)
This CANT go unnoticed, I BEG!!

• Like 2