Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It takes almost half a year to collect all the incarnon adapters- Timegated FOMO is the wrong direction for WF

Kaiga

10 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Nope. Then we'd be back to, once again, beating the new content in less than a week and complaining that Warframe has nothing for us to do.

What?

DE is literally purchase-gating you to prevent you from treating it like a second job.

Fair. 

That's how DE makes their money. People's time worth money. Some can play for the items, other don't. It's a smart way of putting the price upfront. I think it's hypocritical but that is their business model. 

If they make their farming easy then they don't make the coins. This is how such pachinko machine works. 

That's why I stopped playing for a long while Warframe. Investing in other great games that looks better, requires less time and provides more fun is the more affordable choice for me. 

10 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

You earn nothing from continuing a circuit after you unlock your two incarnon weapons, for example and if that's all you've got left to do in Warframe, you'll likely just stop playing until the next week. I wish I had a job that made me work for a few hours then told me not to come back until next monday.

You should take a look at Path of Exile if you want a game that wants you to treat it like a second job, because this ain't it. Hell, any MMORPG also fits the bill.

I value more playing for the thrill of it than playing for an item. 

That's why I prefer Frontier mode in Titanfall 2. That horde approach is more interesting than the hordes here in Warframe. The team actually have to put up work for a success. :P

13 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:
12 hours ago, CatboyPrincess said:

Nope. Then we'd be back to, once again, beating the new content in less than a week and complaining that Warframe has nothing for us to do.

wut? no. they could have the tokens be time-gated but also potential-accumulative. i.e. you earn up to a maximum of x tokens based on how many weeks have gone by. ex. first week, you can earn a max of two tokens. but if you don't play for 3 weeks, those tokens don't disappear into the void, and you can still get the previous weeks' tokens just by playing at your own pace.

it's like if battle passes didn't expire (unlike the scams they currently are thruout the industry), and you can go back to get old battle pass rewards at will. (so if you didn't like the battle pass for some season, you could opt to skip those entirely)

(likewise, if you only cared about a few incarnon adapters, you can opt to spend the tokens as you retroactively earn them. but if you like collecting and binge-gaming, you'll never get shafted by "lost" weeks.)

25 minutes ago, CatboyPrincess said:

wut? no. they could have the tokens be time-gated but also potential-accumulative. i.e. you earn up to a maximum of x tokens based on how many weeks have gone by. ex. first week, you can earn a max of two tokens. but if you don't play for 3 weeks, those tokens don't disappear into the void, and you can still get the previous weeks' tokens just by playing at your own pace.

it's like if battle passes didn't expire (unlike the scams they currently are thruout the industry), and you can go back to get old battle pass rewards at will. (so if you didn't like the battle pass for some season, you could opt to skip those entirely)

(likewise, if you only cared about a few incarnon adapters, you can opt to spend the tokens as you retroactively earn them. but if you like collecting and binge-gaming, you'll never get shafted by "lost" weeks.)

So what would stop you from grinding out as many tokens as you need within the course of a single day and only hopping in once a week to get your weekly allowance of incarnon genesis upgrades, and going back to complaining about there being nothing to do in the game?

On 2023-04-29 at 5:25 PM, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

It's hardly FOMO if the items never actually go away.

it 100% is FOMO what are you smoking

On 2023-04-29 at 8:56 PM, stormy505 said:

FOMO is a term used for content that is available for only a limited time and, after that time period, won't be available again.

no??? FOMO is very much also used for anything that can be missed even if it eventually returns and therefore encourages constant playing, or at the very least requires people to keep paying attention to make sure they dont miss out on what they want

and this includes incarnon genesis, cause if you arent playing, either cause you arent in a WF mood, busy with other games or just straight up busy with IRL things you wont get access to that weeks genesis choice and will have to wait a month and a half to even see those options again

and of course unless they change this formula the weekly rotations will only get worse as more adapters are added, if they are added to the same acquisition source, then we have the issue of specifically making 5 choices available per week while only allowing us to pick 2 dooming players to have a week where they only get 1 adapter

On 2023-04-29 at 8:56 PM, stormy505 said:

Time gating in warframe however, is VERY common.

im not sure i follow how crafting times and such as time gates(that imo do suck a lot of the time) correlates to gear that we can only get 2 of per week that is on a 6 week rotation

if you still want to call those time gates thats fine i guess but even then you have to admit its a much stricter one

and of course this is all without even considering that DE didnt even give us a basic description of weapons' incarnon modes so people are going blind in their choice unless they want some days to see other people who unlocked and built the adapters so people might make a bad choice in a week and have to wait 6 weeks more to make a better one for that group of incarnons(i.e i ended up picking the skana in week 1 only to be sorely disappointed with it now i gotta wait a month and a half to get a choice of the braton/kunai/lato)

2 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

So what would stop you from grinding out as many tokens as you need within the course of a single day and only hopping in once a week to get your weekly allowance

nothing and that would be a good thing

7 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:
7 hours ago, RichardKam said:

I considered myself a casual player when I can spend like 1 to 2 hours every other day on Warframe.

5 minutes a week would be um...... leisure players?

5 minutes a week is practically logging in and expecting rewards. Although I do think he/she was just presenting an extreme example. 

I may not have time to complete it every week either, but it's just something I accept. The weapons aren't going anywhere though, and eventually I'll be able to collect the ones I do want. I appreciate the fact that it isn't a one time only thing. 

First, I meant it as playing game not login etc. Like in WF do 1 rotation (A) and can I expect something from it, even it's small amount.

Secondly, Yes, I meant it more extreme case but not that extreme. Sure, 5 minutes is not a lot but 10... or 15?

7 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

I mean it's not like the game is going "Play me for 40+ hours in order to get one of these items!!!!"
It's more "Play for a few hours a week and come back the next week to get more."
As in playing a healthy amount in a week, stop, then come back next week.
I would honestly consider this much more of a second job if it was "Play this game for 40-60 hours in a week to get everything!"

Maybe Genesis adaptares are not like this but Citrine (frame) and arcanes may take long time. For solo, without single drop it would take, afair ~8 hours. And another 6 hours for not great arcanes.

7 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

And if you consider that not being able to get everything a game offers in less than a week a "second job" then I seriously doubt you play many games at all.....

It depends on how hard is game, real time (how many hours you play daily) and player itself.

But the thing is player do not want to get everything from this (WF) game in a week. It want very small (micro) part of it.

5 hours ago, Felsagger said:

I distanced myself from Warframe a lot. I get other experiences that gives me what I want, in a short amount of time and let me enjoy such things at my pace. The games doesn't impose RNG in my choices. 

RNG in itself is not bad. It's the way it's used that matters.

What can you do when you don't get certain drop (e.g. frame's part)? Do that mission again, till you get it (or pay for whole frame).

Imagine you are playing mission and you get enemies every 5 to 10 minutes that increases your drop via e.g. 30%. So after 4 enemies you get 100% drop (assuming you start from 10%). However nothing stops you from playing bare minimum (e.g. first enemy) and repeat again.

3 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:
10 hours ago, Felsagger said:

DE pretends that playing their game SHOULD be a second job.

What?

DE is literally purchase-gating you to prevent you from treating it like a second job. You earn nothing from continuing a circuit after you unlock your two incarnon weapons, for example and if that's all you've got left to do in Warframe, you'll likely just stop playing until the next week.

The thing is DE isn't only doing one thing. We have Kahl and Archon hunts. Syndicates with lesser restriction. What I'm doing through 1/2 of free Exp booster? You bet, I'm farming focus in ESO.

I wish I had a job that made me work for a few hours then told me not to come back until next monday.

Let's say you get 25$ per hour. 8 hours x 25$ = 200$ per day. 4 weeks with 5 day of works would give you 4000$. Imagine getting 300$ per month.

15 hours ago, CatboyPrincess said:

And why is that we beat it in 1 week? Maybe problem is not how fast we beat it but IN LACK OF CONTENT?

For now, it appears that the weapons available for this feature are not things that I would ever really use, so I can probably snag the new weapons, along with other things, and call it a day. lol My Phenmor and I are very good friends.

40 minutes ago, quxier said:

RNG in itself is not bad. It's the way it's used that matters.

Like every other tool in this planet. 

40 minutes ago, quxier said:

What can you do when you don't get certain drop (e.g. frame's part)? Do that mission again, till you get it (or pay for whole frame).

Imagine you are playing mission and you get enemies every 5 to 10 minutes that increases your drop via e.g. 30%. So after 4 enemies you get 100% drop (assuming you start from 10%). However nothing stops you from playing bare minimum (e.g. first enemy) and repeat again.

I don't have enough time to waste on video games. I have a wife and work. Real life issues that requires intelligence and diligence. 

Classical games provides me more for less time and/or less money. 

If DE moderates the farming, I'll probably visit their game again. DE thinks that his game is ALL THAT when you have THIS:

TAKE A GOOD LOOK and observe CAREFULLY. 

This is WARFRAME on steroids reinterpreted by From Software. It has everything that warframe does in terms of action. It is a complete reboot of the Armored Core series. It combines melee combat, long range, short range, flying and twitchy gameplay. Moreover it will INCLUDE PvP. 

It's strange that From Software is PROPOSING HERE WARFRAME GAMEPLAY to another level while DE is going on the other Drifter direction. 

The design director of this game is the DUDE that designed SEKIRO. 

Do I need to say more? I was expecting DE to go wild on the warframes. It's about time the new layer of gameplay comes forward. 

17 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Like every other tool in this planet. 

I don't have enough time to waste on video games. I have a wife and work. Real life issues that requires intelligence and diligence. 

Classical games provides me more for less time and/or less money. 

If DE moderates the farming, I'll probably visit their game again. DE thinks that his game is ALL THAT when you have THIS:

TAKE A GOOD LOOK and observe CAREFULLY. 

This is WARFRAME on steroids reinterpreted by From Software. It has everything that warframe does in terms of action. It is a complete reboot of the Armored Core series. It combines melee combat, long range, short range, flying and twitchy gameplay. Moreover it will INCLUDE PvP. 

It's strange that From Software is PROPOSING HERE WARFRAME GAMEPLAY to another level while DE is going on the other Drifter direction. 

The design director of this game is the DUDE that designed SEKIRO. 

Do I need to say more? I was expecting DE to go wild on the warframes. It's about time the new layer of gameplay comes forward. 

You're just hilarious at this point. I don't even think you take yourself seriously. This occupation has to be some unlocked endgame for you. Carry on

13 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

You're just hilarious at this point. I don't even think you take yourself seriously. This occupation has to be some unlocked endgame for you. Carry on

I simply multitask while I do 3D modeling for architecture with two or three windows open on my laptop. Maybe doing multitasking is too much for you. Who knows.  

Edit: Yup, you don't have a coherent response to that. You got simply triggered and had the need to type that. 

It must hurt deep when someone tells you how much your favorite game sucks. But that's not my intention. I should be considerate and nicer writing with a positive note that DE could do more if they simply moderate the time gates and the RNG. 

Carry on. :3

1 hour ago, quxier said:

And why is that we beat it in 1 week? Maybe problem is not how fast we beat it but IN LACK OF CONTENT?

DE can pump out as much content as they like, but it'll never be enough, because we're broken OP and can very easily blitz through anything they give us. I don't think you understand the sheer amount of content they would actually have to make that their limited team can possibly produce to keep us occupied for any length of time.

What they need is to slow us down, and because everyone gets upset whenever they even think of the word "nerf", they're going to instead pad out game time in other ways.

5 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

So what would stop you from grinding out as many tokens as you need within the course of a single day and only hopping in once a week to get your weekly allowance of incarnon genesis upgrades, and going back to complaining about there being nothing to do in the game?

mfw perfect solutions only

that's not a real problem as the hypothetical solution is still better than status quo

moreover....

yeah. it's the player's decision if they wanna binge the game or not. that's the point -- moving more of the control of the pacing into the hands of the player.

idk, like, do you have a reason to say no to a suggestion that if it doesn't benefit you, won't harm you either? (it will still benefit you if you do decide to take advantage of the bonus)

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

I simply multitask while I do 3D modeling for architecture with two or three windows open on my laptop. Maybe doing multitasking is too much for you. Who knows.  

Edit: Yup, you don't have a coherent response to that. You got simply triggered and had the need to type that. 

It must hurt deep when someone tells you how much your favorite game sucks. But that's not my intention. I should be considerate and nicer writing with a positive note that DE could do more if they simply moderate the time gates and the RNG. 

Carry on. :3

I know your personal goal is to trigger people and toe the line of trolldom, but its really not that serious. 

28 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I know your personal goal is to trigger people and toe the line of trolldom, but its really not that serious. 

Of course it is not. You took it to the heart by yourself. You got triggered and felt the need to write something and accuse me of trolling. 

I'm glad that my posts have that effect on you. It puts a smile on my face. 

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

I kind of like having content I can take on with big gaps of time personally, it gives me time to farm it and then to farm whatever else I need while I wait for it.

This is such a non-issue.

After few weeks the whole Duviri stabilizes and the game becomes more playable. I suggest to wait a bit more until few things are sorted out. 

1 hour ago, Pizzarugi said:

Why? Do you like complaining about the game having nothing to do?

if someone wants to no-life the game and complain later that is their prerogative, making the game feel worse to play casually with even more FOMO just to keep those people in check(which realistically is very much not the reason for the addition of FOMO stuff) is bad actually

50 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Of course it is not. You took it to the heart by yourself. You got triggered and felt the need to write something and accuse me of trolling. 

I'm glad that my posts have that effect on you. It puts a smile on my face. 

After few weeks, the whole Duviri stabilizes and the game becomes more playable. I suggest to wait a bit more until few things are sorted out. 

Im sure it does. Whatever you need to tell yourself to make this all feel worthwhile to you. 

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Im sure it does. Whatever you need to tell yourself to make this all feel worthwhile to you. 

You keep replying. So my posts bothers you this much. Don't worry you will eventually build a bridge and get over it. 

2 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

You keep replying. So my posts bothers you this much. Don't worry you will eventually build a bridge and get over it. 

Think of it as free dopamine hits for you, that you probably thrive on. You're welcome. 

16 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Yes, exactly this. The developer is PROTECTING and OVEREXTENDING the acquisition of the new content telling me how I should play their game. 

No other developer forces me how I should play and consume the game they build. 

Yes, a lot of other developers force you to play their game in a certain way:

- Some games force you to level up or find special keys/items before you can enter new areas, or increase specific stats before you can use stronger items and weapons. If you don't have the right stats then you can't use certain weapons. If you want particularly good items, you sometimes have to fight against stronger enemies and hope they drop what you need, but if they don't give you what you wanted you might have to start the whole game again. This even happens in single player games.

- Many games are linear or follow instructions; they force you to complete each mission or objective in a specific order before you move onto the next one. If you don't follow the instructions properly, you fail and have to start again. If they want to make it harder they add even more objectives and might even force you to complete them within a time limit.

- Some games only give you special rewards if you beat the game on the hardest difficulty, get the high score, or finish the entire game within a certain amount of time. Sometimes these harder difficulty modes can only be unlocked by completing the game once (e.g Devil May Cry series). Getting higher scores or completing harder difficulty modes requires you to use special techniques that aren't written down anywhere or explained during the tutorials, but something that you figure out while playing. They literally force you to play the game in a certain way to beat it.

Maybe doing multitasking is too much for you.

You talk big for someone who calls Warframe a 2nd job. Go tell your family how cool you are on the forums.

10 hours ago, quxier said:

You can put 2 new weapons for every single node on the star chart (roughly 400 weapons) and someone would clear it in one day or two then goes back to complaining "there's nothing to do". We have tons of content already, most games have only a fraction of what Warframe has and usually you don't stray far from that, only twisted a bit such as the amount of player in a team and such.

Feel free to find a free to play game that offers as much as Warframe while requiring as little time as Warframe to get something because it's more likely to be none

Archived