Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

reporting clan name

their filter didnt pick this up. its  bad. i very rarely report ppl atall, anywhere, and had no idea how to report a clan name,  which is why i wasnt sure id done it correctly. i even mentioned it in fortuna chat, and the person i told couldnt believe it. i absolutely dont need to be a target of nazi bo1s from that clan by posting it,

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PSN)v-DEVILSOWN-v said:

Lol just ignore it bud do you really want to be that guy 

No.

Bad behavior needs to be reported and corrected so it doesn't spread. People should not feel comfortable being jerks so that sort of thing isn't normalized.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)sherbsville said:

a full on nazi clan name isnt ok, so yeah i do wanna be that woman who doesn't turn away from evil and hate.

Good.

Edited by Hobie-wan
  • Like 10

11 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

No.

Bad behavior needs to be reported and corrected so it doesn't spread. People should not feel comfortable being jerks so that sort of thing isn't normalized.

Good.

Yes I definitely support the mindset that prevents me from naming a Balla zaw "Balla" becuase someone in the offense-preventing team is probably getting offended by "ball".

• Like 2

ooooh, just received a reply from de. thought id share if anyone is unsure about whether to report stuff. it is worth reporting these things. <3

"Hi sherbsville,

Thank you for bringing this player’s conduct to our attention - and for providing a screenshot. We take reports of this nature seriously, and will be following up on the information you have provided to us.

Thank you for playing Warframe, and for caring about our community!"

• Like 5

6 hours ago, (XBOX)sherbsville said:

ooooh, just received a reply from de. thought id share if anyone is unsure about whether to report stuff. it is worth reporting these things. <3

"Hi sherbsville,

Thank you for bringing this player’s conduct to our attention - and for providing a screenshot. We take reports of this nature seriously, and will be following up on the information you have provided to us.

Thank you for playing Warframe, and for caring about our community!"

Do a follow-up when more info is shared, please. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, (XBOX)sherbsville said:

a full on nazi clan name isnt ok 

Racism and hate is something no one should tolerate. This type of behavior should not proliferate in this community. That's pure toxicity right there. 

If their behavior exhibits toxicity, always screen cap and post. Include those behaviors in your report as evidence. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, (XBOX)sherbsville said:

thankyou so much for giving me hope hobie-wan. <3

Hopefully I'm not the only hope.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)sherbsville said:

*snip*

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Mineslayer2010 said:

Do a follow-up when more info is shared, please. 

That's the standard response to a report like that, FYI. But yeah, it means it's being handled. There won't be another message.

9 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Yes I definitely support the mindset that prevents me from naming a Balla zaw "Balla" becuase someone in the offense-preventing team is probably getting offended by "ball".

That has absolutely nothing to do with this thread about someone putting something actually hateful in a name.

• Like 5

Well, support ain't going to say exactly what happened and to who and we don't need to hear about what clan and what words were being used.

You can however, if you know someone in said clan, simply check their profile to see if the clan name changes to something like "inapropriatename1234", that's a good hint that support does agree with you in the name being offensive to warrant a change.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Well, support ain't going to say exactly what happened and to who and we don't need to hear about what clan and what words were being used.

That's completely correct. 

I think this thread gave the heads up. We don't need the names, actions and what exactly happened. Suffice with the shout. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

We would never need censorship if it wasn't for people that love to abuse non-censored words in every way they can in an effort to be as offensive as possible. 

That's the mindset you need to be mad at.

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, KIREEK said:

You can however, if you know someone in said clan, simply check their profile to see if the clan name changes to something like "inapropriatename1234", that's a good hint that support does agree with you in the name being offensive to warrant a change.

ooooh, ty if i remember i will look sometime. i cant imagine de were ok with that name.

I didnt wanna name the player or the clan, for various reasons. it just didnt seem appropriate. tysm for all the support and understanding. id been away for several years, and theres alot more toxicity in game than before. it saddened me.  its good to know there still some kind and helpful tenno out there. <3

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

We would never need censorship if it wasn't for people that love to abuse non-censored words in every way they can in an effort to be as offensive as possible. 

That's the mindset you need to be mad at.

yup. personally i prefer censorship to the literally free to say anything and everything option xD

• Like 2

Just hope it is actually a real nazi name and not just a misconception. I was once called out in BF4 for having a nazi emblem (those player profile things you could create on your own) just because it had a Valknut, knot of the chosen/dead, a symbol of Odin. He completely ignored to notice the inverted pentagram atop of it along with royal griffons in each corner and the inverted cross below the knut which was there as a play on the swedish flag since I'm swedish. Nevermind it was also yellow symbols on a blue background.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Just hope it is actually a real nazi name and not just a misconception.

That would be why DE can spend time investigating the report, which may include looking at chat logs from the member or others in the clan.

• Like 3

On 2023-05-18 at 2:44 PM, SneakyErvin said:

Just hope it is actually a real nazi name and not just a misconception. I was once called out in BF4 for having a nazi emblem (those player profile things you could create on your own) just because it had a Valknut, knot of the chosen/dead, a symbol of Odin. He completely ignored to notice the inverted pentagram atop of it along with royal griffons in each corner and the inverted cross below the knut which was there as a play on the swedish flag since I'm swedish. Nevermind it was also yellow symbols on a blue background.

it was a full on nazi name, like i keep saying. im a grown woman, and  im capable of discerning what is and isnt a nazi name. it wasnt a symbol, it was words. full on nazi words. like i said earlier, i mentioned it in region chat, and the person i spoke to was shocked, they even said " omg that isnt even subtle" . the fact that ppl are telling me im wrong is absolutely doing my head in. why are ppl so desperate to tell a stranger they arent capable of making a decision. i shouldnt have to keep defending that i reported a nazi name.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)sherbsville said:

why are ppl so desperate to tell a stranger they arent capable of making a decision. i shouldnt have to keep defending that i reported a nazi name.

because these days, well, there are alot of people who get off on being bullies reporting anything they simply want to find objectionable for not good reason. Or those who want to be virtuous but get carried away with ignorance (hey, I once read of a mob that wanted to do bad things to a paediatrician, confused by the big word they'd conflated with paedophile).

But also, if you report something like this, do so. Then walk away and let the support team do their job. Why be so concerned that support isn't capable of making a decision? Report, your job is done. As should your involvement with this forum thread.

Though if you'd shared the clan name, we could all make our own decision on it. As you didn't, you were always going to get second-guessed by people who (obviously) don't have enough information to form an opinion on it, and thus will question yours.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, (XBOX)sherbsville said:

it was a full on nazi name, like i keep saying. im a grown woman, and  im capable of discerning what is and isnt a nazi name. it wasnt a symbol, it was words. full on nazi words. like i said earlier, i mentioned it in region chat, and the person i spoke to was shocked, they even said " omg that isnt even subtle" . the fact that ppl are telling me im wrong is absolutely doing my head in. why are ppl so desperate to tell a stranger they arent capable of making a decision. i shouldnt have to keep defending that i reported a nazi name.

The only reason this thread is still going after you received the correct answer is because you keep feeding it, it was already forgotten until this recent post.

You made an accusation and refused to provide any supporting evidence, only @SneakyErvin expressed what could have been some doubt in your judgement and that wasn't even directly.

On 2023-05-18 at 11:44 PM, SneakyErvin said:

Just hope it is actually a real nazi name and not just a misconception.

Absolutely no one here posted anything here that warranted this.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)sherbsville said:

the fact that ppl are telling me im wrong is absolutely doing my head in. why are ppl so desperate to tell a stranger they arent capable of making a decision. i shouldnt have to keep defending that i reported a nazi name.

Given what seems to be your need for attention and your manipulation of peoples replies in this thread, I could see why people might be weary of any reports you make.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, (XBOX)sherbsville said:

People don't know what the name is, that already makes some skeptical especially since you managed to say it in region chat(why are you even using region chat disable it immediately)  and nothing happened, makes it even more odd for something that is supposed to be so terrible.

You already reported it though so it's up to DE to say if it's bad or not.

• Like 1