Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Warframe really needs!

There are a few things that I would like to bring to the attention of DE in the hopes that they may address some of these suggestions.

1:Who is stalker?

I think it is time for a nice questline explaining who or she is? Since he is now playable in the Duviri, perhaps create a quest with a little twist between the Operator's world and the Drifters world (Duviri)

2:Janus key

I have been curious about this one for years, what has it got to do with the neural sentry, I think it is time for us to understand what the Vor keeps babbling on about.

3:Clans and alliances

Lastly, clans and alliances need something to do, perhaps return us to the old days of taking over sections of planets, this will definitely spice up the Origin system!

Edited by (PSN)RuthlessLove
  • Like 3

The Stalker is a physical manifestation of the operator's Jungian shadow in league with Hunhow.

In analytical psychology, the shadow (also known as ego-dystonic complex, repressed id, shadow aspect, or shadow archetype) is an unconscious aspect of the personality that does not correspond with the ego ideal, leading the ego to resist and project the shadow. In short, the shadow is the self's emotional blind spot, projected (as archetypes—or, metaphorical sense-image complexes, personified within the collective unconscious)

My personal theory, not a fact.

Edited by Mieo_Mio
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mieo_Mio said:

The Stalker is a physical manifestation of the operator's Jungian shadow in league with Hunhow.

In analytical psychology, the shadow (also known as ego-dystonic complex, repressed id, shadow aspect, or shadow archetype) is an unconscious aspect of the personality that does not correspond with the ego ideal, leading the ego to resist and project the shadow. In short, the shadow is the self's emotional blind spot, projected (as archetypes—or, metaphorical sense-image complexes, personified within the collective unconscious)

Thanks for making me read all this crap only to say its not even facts. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 4

Well Jungian psychology is hardly crap, and it frequently surfaces in warframe. Try replaying The Second Dream or The Sacrifice. Consider what the narrative is trying to convey from a psychological perspective.

Edited by Mieo_Mio
  • Like 2

1. Stalker's story isn't finished, also it's heavily implied that he is a rogue warframe, like Umbra

2. It's a void key, that's all there is to it, it "revived" Vor just like how the Void revived the members of the Holdfasts

• Like 2

1 час назад, (XBOX)Mineslayer2010 сказал:

What warframe actually needs is.......................................... Hotfixes! 😃

Update 34. The Origin System Revisit (plus Duviri)

Changelogs:

All game modes, quests and content islands were reworked. The Warframe's Story/Lore is now convenient and tied together.

Update 35. The Creepy Power Creep

Changelogs:

All players' power modification tools were rebalanced. In all game modes. The modes were rebalanced as well.

Update 36. The Hotfix Prime

Changelogs:

All existing bugs found in Bug Reports sections, YouTube, and Reddit memes were fixed.

The game is now out of beta-test stage and released.

Enjoy the game, Tenno!

Edited by bl1te
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, (PSN)RuthlessLove said:

what has it got to do with the neural sentry

Something to keep in mind is that the Neural Sentry isn't a unique entity. As far as can be determined, Neural Sentries are simply a type of Orokin security measure that manages the Corrupted within a given location.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mieo_Mio said:

Well Jungian psychology is hardly crap, and it frequently surfaces in warframe. Try replaying The Second Dream or The Sacrifice. Consider what the narrative is trying to convey from a psychological perspective.

No offense, but I dont care about any fan theories. This topic is about actual lore and I expected an actual lore answer. Not to mention I expected facts when you said the word "is" rather than"I believe/its my theory that". Also nice deflecting there, pretending the word crap aimed at whatever you said it did rather than the pointless paragraph that it reffered to.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bl1te said:

Update 34. The Origin System Revisit (plus Duviri)

Changelogs:

All game modes, quests and content islands were reworked. The Warframe's Story/Lore is now convenient and tied together.

Update 35. The Creepy Power Creep

Changelogs:

All players' power modification tools were rebalanced. In all game modes. The modes were rebalanced as well.

Update 36. The Hotfix Prime

Changelogs:

All existing bugs found in Bug Reports sections, YouTube, and Reddit memes were fixed.

The game is now out of beta-test stage and released.

Enjoy the game, Tenno!

Sounds......boring

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mieo_Mio said:

But in what respect is the Stalker the Operator's shadow?

The Shadow represents the aspects of a personality that a person doesn't openly display and they aren't conscious. Whilst self-loathing can be a part of that, Stalker's actions don't really line up. I can concieve of us being guilty for killing some of the humans, but like? Random blobs of flesh and robots??? And he helps us when we help Hunhow, which is a conscious action.

Wally feels like a better fit. The Tenno don't show any particularly sadistic tendencies on the outside, but since they're controlled by us, who actively enjoy all the suffering and carnage we engage in, Wally's sadistic pleasure in whatever it is he does could quite easily be a manifestation of some nasty pleasures behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

But in what respect is the Stalker the Operator's shadow?

The Shadow represents the aspects of a personality that a person doesn't openly display and they aren't conscious. Whilst self-loathing can be a part of that, Stalker's actions don't really line up. I can concieve of us being guilty for killing some of the humans, but like? Random blobs of flesh and robots??? And he helps us when we help Hunhow, which is a conscious action.

Wally feels like a better fit. The Tenno don't show any particularly sadistic tendencies on the outside, but since they're controlled by us, who actively enjoy all the suffering and carnage we engage in, Wally's sadistic pleasure in whatever it is he does could quite easily be a manifestation of some nasty pleasures behind the scenes.

well if the robots and random flesh blobs look more interesting i would definitely feel more guilty for killing them compared to some ordinary looking humans xD

stalker is a warframe that became self aware and allied itself with hunhow. i mean they would be able to relate with each other being both machines that have gained self-awareness / interiority. a soul, metaphysically speaking. how exactly that happened would be a good addon quest for me :)

2nd dream pretty much explains this through subtext filled dialogue. my fave is still: you ask, was i one of these wretched things (a warframe) ? 

Edited by (PSN)clary_pangs

8 hours ago, Mieo_Mio said:

n analytical psychology, the shadow (also known as ego-dystonic complex, repressed id, shadow aspect, or shadow archetype) is an unconscious aspect of the personality that does not correspond with the ego ideal, leading the ego to resist and project the shadow. In short, the shadow is the self's emotional blind spot, projected (as archetypes—or, metaphorical sense-image complexes, personified within the collective unconscious)

this immediately makes me think of 46 & 2 by Tool.. a song all about Jung and the Shadow.. god, what a tune. 

Spoiler

onto the topic at hand anyway:

9 hours ago, (PSN)RuthlessLove said:

Who is stalker?

he's the edgy boi that gets folded like laundry by anyone above MR10... but I would still like to know more about him. his Codex Entry gives tidbits, as did Second Dream, but a full on explanation of him might be unlikely as "mysterious assassin" characters lose their appeal once the mask is taken off.

Janus key

I have been curious about this one for years, what has it got to do with the neural sentry, I think it is time for us to understand what the Vor keeps babbling on about.

I don't think it has a connection to the Neural sentry, it's mainly just an Orokin artifact that has the ability to corrupt someone with a massive amoutn of Void Energy. thinkign about it, Vor's Corrupted form is not that different from the Thrax we encounter on the Zariman, Lua Conjunction Survival and Undercroft/Duviri. if there's a link, I reckon it's with the Thrax, rather than the Neural Sentry.

also Vor is totally forgotten about, but he can't be killed off because he's made of Energy now, so he's basically chilling in the Void until he -if ever- becomes relevant again.

Lastly, clans and alliances need something to do, perhaps return us to the old days of taking over sections of planets,

I agree, a while back there as hope with the "kingpin" system, but that ultimately was turned into the Lich system and detached from clans entirely. there's also the underlying issue of inactive clans, since you can't really expect one or two people to do the work of a large clan who's majority of members might have quit playing a while ago. 

В 17.05.2023 в 23:51, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 сказал:

Sounds......boring

...As per "Update 35. The Creepy Power Creep", all riven mods and incarnon geneses were removed from the game.

Watch 'em buuuuurn!

• Like 2

Stalker would be a tenno, or a rogue warframe. thinking about it, I like the idea that he is a tenno who didn't get turned by Natah into killing the big blue bosses club, but instead liked the order of the establishment and considers us to be the bad guys (which, of course, we are) and insteas of being led astray by Natah, was instead picked up and led astray by Hunhow. We're all just pawns in a AI family battle.

But who knows. And DE doesn't care any more anyway. I'd liked to have seen future quests during the new war where they flashback to the old war, making parallels to how the Tenno were turned from feral ex-schoolkids into nicely obedient child soldiers (obedient to whom, though?) and how Natah got us to overthrow the Empire (is she the good gal here, or was that the plan she was sent to do all along?) followed by how she and us ended up tucked away in the moon and later woken up by Vor playing with his Ascaris before deciding to get us to commit acts of genocidal atrocity against everything human-ish all over again, or was she really restoring order to a post-orokin world? TNW gave us Duviriframe when it could have given us so, so much more.

• Like 1

On 2023-05-17 at 6:26 AM, (PSN)RuthlessLove said:

1:Who is stalker?

I think it is time for a nice questline explaining who or she is? Since he is now playable in the Duviri, perhaps create a quest with a little twist between the Operator's world and the Drifters world (Duviri)

On 2023-05-17 at 7:14 AM, Mieo_Mio said:

Stalker tells you who he is in the codex: he's an Orokin security guard (official job title "Low Guardian") who was extremely racist against the Tenno during the Old War.

At the end of the Old War, the Tenno slaughtered the Orokin (except Ballas who got away) and the man who would become Stalker swore eternal revenge.

At some point Stalker acquired a way to use Transference into a customized Warframe. He hates that he had to use our tools to fight us, but considered it worth it as long as he got his revenge.

During the New War his priorities changed, he now considers Ballas a bigger enemy than the Tenno

2 hours ago, CephalonCarnage said:

Stalker would be a tenno, or a rogue warframe. 

Let's see if this reply-merging feature still works

Edit: it does not. 

Point is, Stalker tells you who he is in the codex: he's an Orokin security guard (official job title "Low Guardian") who was extremely racist against the Tenno during the Old War. He is NOT a Tenno himself by his own admission 

Edited by TARINunit9

10 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Stalker tells you who he is in the codex: he's an Orokin security guard (official job title "Low Guardian") who was extremely racist against the Tenno during the Old War.

At the end of the Old War, the Tenno slaughtered the Orokin (except Ballas who got away) and the man who would become Stalker swore eternal revenge.

At some point Stalker acquired a way to use Transference into a customized Warframe. He hates that he had to use our tools to fight us, but considered it worth it as long as he got his revenge.

During the New War his priorities changed, he now considers Ballas a bigger enemy than the Tenno

This is good. Asking the questions though:

After the slaughter of the Orokin wouldn't all warframe production be canceled on the spot?

When they say "Slaughter of the Orokin" did they mean all? Clearly not, if the Entrati family is still alive. The Council of Seven? Yeah I's say that would be a crippling blow certainly.

If the "Low Guardian"  was helminth infested to become a Warframe candidate. Who was the Operator?

Is the stalker operator still alive? That would be a traitor Tenno. Given the Acolytes, this becomes more perplexing.

If Operator is dead, (Aren't tenno immortal by lore? Possessing Oro?) the Stalker warframe is caught in a transference loop (But still functional?)

We'll start with that.

Love theories.

3 hours ago, Mieo_Mio said:

After the slaughter of the Orokin wouldn't all warframe production be canceled on the spot?

NEW Warframes? Maybe, it depends if the "Tenno Council" that created Nova is still canon

Copies of existing Warframes? Not really, they're clones that can be made in any standard-issue Orbiter Foundry

If the "Low Guardian"  was helminth infested to become a Warframe candidate. Who was the Operator?

Is the stalker operator still alive? That would be a traitor Tenno.

...he doesn't have a Z-kid because he's not a Tenno. The lore has lots of examples of non-Tenno using transference. 

Given the Acolytes, this becomes more perplexing.

Now this does need to get answered, I agree. All we know is "The Stalker has found others as twisted as himself" and that could means lots of different things. More surviving Low Guardians? Anti-Tenno sociopaths? Just more customized Warframes?