The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion | After maxing all focus points, give us a way to convert them to endo

EightChickens

9 minutes ago, EightChickens said:

After Duviri I bet a lot of us maxed all focus schools and now having millions of unusable focus points.

DE: How about a way to convert them to Endo or something more usable?

Check your school "represent" section for the things you can aquire using focus.

10 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

Focus shop is there for this !!!

You can buy tons of decorations and schools banners.

10 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Check your school "represent" section for the things you can aquire using focus.

Yes but I don't want/need decorations.

16 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

16 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

I think OP means something other than just decorations and fancy armor "pins". Something of practical gameplay use.

2 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

I think OP means something other than just decorations and fancy armor "pins". Something of practical gameplay use.

Wouldn't be hard to add Ayatans and other consumable evergreens. Maybe lenses? It'd also be nice if you could buy Focus items (like synthetic cores) to convert some Focus from one school to another.

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Wouldn't be hard to add Ayatans and other consumable evergreens. Maybe lenses? It'd also be nice if you could buy Focus items (like synthetic cores) to convert some Focus from one school to another.

yeah anything related to actual gameplay honestly. once u get the decos and those pajama-textured voidshells then there's 0 use for something you will continuously accumulate 

#*!% it they could make more of the skills waybound passives to unlock, why not

Frankly, I don't need the Endo either, given the number of duplicate mods and Ayatans I could melt down if I really felt the need.

I'd suggest something Void related and evergreen such as Relic Packs or Void Trace (or Aya, which can already be spent on Vaulted Relics and Void Trace).

I always felt it would be nice if one chosen way-bound for each school had an exponentially scaling cost through a second layer of ranks with a limit it approaches but never fully reaches. That way you have an infinite Focus sink that is neither power creep nor unobtainable for newer players, but it just allows people who over-farmed Focus to have a slightly more optimized set of buffs for a select way-bound from each Focus school.

For example:

9 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Let's take the way-bound Enduring Tides from Vazarin for example: Increases Operator Health and Armor by 50 / 100 / 150 / 200%. Add a second layer of ranks that allows the player to infinitely sink Vazarin Focus into Enduring Tides to go from 200 / 201 / 202 / 203 / [...] / 250% where the cost of each increase in the skill's second layer of ranks gets exponentially higher, so that a player can never reach 250% (because that cost would be in the hundreds of billions of Focus), but they can always make progress on refining the available power and potential strength. That way a casual can substantially hit say 265%, but someone who's dramatically over-farmed on Focus (e.g 2,000 Eidolon Hydrolysts captured or because they've been playing since Focus was added in 2015) can reach 270% or even 275%. That isn't unbalanced or unfair comparatively, because the relative bonus between 265% and 270% is negligible. However, this allows for players to earn tangible power towards their Operator abilities numerically while employing an infinite cost mechanic. It would be like an extreme version of the difference between a rank 9 and rank 10 gold/legendary mod. You're squeezing the last bit of power out of the ranks, but investing the most out of the overall cost on a per rank basis.

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I always felt it would be nice if some chosen waybounds for each school had some sort of exponential cost scaling with a limit it approaches but never fully reaches. That way you have an infinite Focus sink that is neither power creep nor unobtainable for newer players, it just allows people who overfarmed Focus to have a slightly more optimized set of numbers for select waybounds from each school.

So like few M for 1% boost? It's not very useful.

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:
1 hour ago, Skoomaseller said:

I've been thinking about some kind of "one time" uses booster. Like Zenurik giving 100% more energy. It would last for e.g. day. To be honest I'm not sure if it's good thing to implement.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

It's more useful than the current situation and more balanced than the suggestions in this thread. Being able to convert Focus into anything gameplay related that isn't Focus ends up creating a direct conversion from Affinity into an item. Affinity is trivial to earn, moreso if you also count how easy it is to accumulate millions of Focus through Eidolon hunting.

You're also using "1%" to make it sound like I'm asking for negligible bonuses. What I am asking for is infinite scaling to approach a "second layer of ranks" for the ability, but never hit maximum bonus using an infinite scaling formula.

Let's take the way-bound Enduring Tides from Vazarin for example: Increases Operator Health and Armor by 50 / 100 / 150 / 200%. Add a second layer of ranks that allows the player to infinitely sink Vazarin Focus into Enduring Tides to go from 200 / 201 / 202 / 203 / [...] / 250% where the cost of each increase in the skill's second layer of ranks gets exponentially higher, so that a player can never reach 250% (because that cost would be in the hundreds of billions of Focus), but they can always make progress on refining the available power and potential strength. That way a casual can substantially hit say 265%, but someone who's dramatically over-farmed on Focus (e.g 2,000 Eidolon Hydrolysts captured or because they've been playing since Focus was added in 2015) can reach 270% or even 275%. That isn't unbalanced or unfair comparatively, because the relative bonus between 265% and 270% is negligible. However, this allows for players to earn tangible power towards their Operator abilities numerically while employing an infinite cost mechanic. It would be like an extreme version of the difference between a rank 9 and rank 10 gold/legendary mod. You're squeezing the last bit of power out of the ranks, but investing the most out of the overall cost on a per rank basis.

10 minutes ago, Voltage said:
1 hour ago, quxier said:

It's more useful than the current situation and more balanced than the suggestions in this thread. Being able to convert Focus into anything gameplay related that isn't Focus ends up creating a direct conversion from Affinity into an item. Affinity is trivial to earn, moreso if you also count how easy it is to accumulate millions of Focus through Eidolon hunting.

That's assuming all people do Eidolons. I've tried it few times but I didn't find it fun. It's my thing, sure, but I don't think there are other methods without limits. Otherwise you have like 400k per day (MR 30).

I've tried farming focus in SP survival but it's still like 40-60 (with - without booster).

16 minutes ago, Voltage said:

You're also using "1%" to make it sound like I'm asking for negligible bonuses. What I am asking for is infinite scaling to approach a "second layer of ranks" for the ability, but never hit maximum bonus using an infinite scaling formula.

Let's take the way-bound Enduring Tides from Vazarin for example: Increases Operator Health and Armor by 50 / 100 / 150 / 200%. Add a second layer of ranks that allows the player to infinitely sink Vazarin Focus into Enduring Tides to go from 200 / 201 / 202 / 203 / [...] / 250% where the cost of each increase in the skill's second layer of ranks gets exponentially higher, so that a player can never reach 250% (because that cost would be in the hundreds of billions of Focus), but they can always make progress on refining the available power and potential strength. That way a casual can substantially hit say 265%, but someone who's dramatically over-farmed on Focus (e.g 2,000 Eidolon Hydrolysts captured or because they've been playing since Focus was added in 2015) can reach 270% or even 275%. That isn't unbalanced or unfair comparatively, because the relative bonus between 265% and 270% is negligible. However, this allows for players to earn tangible power towards their Operator abilities numerically while employing an infinite cost mechanic. It would be like an extreme version of the difference between a rank 9 and rank 10 gold/legendary mod. You're squeezing the last 5% out of the ranks, but spending some of the largest overall percentage of cost.

Sorry, but that "infinite scaling" is just fancy word to say too much work for too little gain. Every rank up will start at 1M and more. Without Eidolons it would take days to simple +1% buff.

Comparing to rank 9 or 10 (yeah, I know that you mentioned only from rank 9 to 10, but 8 to 9 is still "somehow" expensive) is bad comparison. They cost, as fair I remember, 4M credits & 40k endo. That's a lot (if you don't have it) but lots of players can farm it or convert items to it. Then you are done with that mod. It's just "final push" to max it.

You are asking for same grind but unlimited.

And in general, I don't mind some longer grind. For example I wouldn't mind leveling frames past 30 rank to get access to moding abilities differently. But this is just "change" is just to make players think they can "progress" but limiting it so much that there is no reason to do it. You have few M focus spare? Here is your 17.5 hp (5% from 350).

We can do much better than current situations (long grind, time gates, small/broken perks etc). If we do such things someday we will end up with horrible game.

19 minutes ago, quxier said:

Sorry, but that "infinite scaling" is just fancy word to say too much work for too little gain. Every rank up will start at 1M and more. Without Eidolons it would take days to simple +1% buff.

You currently get absolutely nothing from excess Focus lol. All you would do with adding something of decent value is upset a resource economy, introduce harsh time gates for purchases, or create a sharp imbalance in most player inventories mostly based on account age.

13 minutes ago, Voltage said:
33 minutes ago, quxier said:

You currently get absolutely nothing from excess Focus lol.

Does it mean that developer can "give" players whatever they want? Nope. Players have to have some standards.

14 minutes ago, Voltage said:

All you would do with adding something of decent value is upset a resource economy

What economy? You cannot buy shards afair.

17 minutes ago, Voltage said:

introduce harsh time gates for purchases

So 1% for milions/bilions of focus is what? Not harsh time gate?

18 minutes ago, Voltage said:

create a sharp imbalance in most player inventories mostly based on account age.

So, like, that's the point of MR and more time spend. MR <10 probably won't have good inventory as MR 30. So, what should we do? Nerf higher MR players?

IMO DE should consider expanding the Focus Shops; as well as Sigils, armor sets and other focus-themed items, they could also create new weapon mods that synergize with certain focus skills and playstyles.. as well as endo, Kuva etc.  it'd be a bit of work sure, but then you'd have a resource sink for Focus points.

Agree that we should have more one offs such as (Armor sets, outfits, kubrow/kavat skins/colors, unique ayatan sculptures, other decorations, etc.) and multiple evergreen items (kuva, relic packs, void traces, etc.) in the represent shops to give something else for focus to be used on.

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

I always felt it would be nice if one chosen way-bound for each school had an exponentially scaling cost through a second layer of ranks with a limit it approaches but never fully reaches. That way you have an infinite Focus sink that is neither power creep nor unobtainable for newer players, but it just allows people who over-farmed Focus to have a slightly more optimized set of buffs for a select way-bound from each Focus school.

For example:

I always thought they should do this. Like a 1% incremental bonus to certain nodes.

6 hours ago, KIREEK said:

6 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

Almost all those rewards are 1-time buys. Everything else that isn't, is just decoration.

Not sure that I can agree with the propositions done here.

Focus has 2 points that differentiates it from Railjack and Duviri Intrinsics:
First, it's a much longer path with a much more important gameplay application and that requires of doing more than just getting the "XP" of it to level it up (Eidolons).
It's more of "skill trees", while intrinsics are more of buying "permanent upgrades" for X.
And two, it's (was) not passively earned from just playing a mode, as lenses were needed, until now.

What I'm coming at here is, Focus took its time to max out, and it's normal to end with excess of it, but it's not meant to be farmed past maximizing everything, and wasn't possible to do this as passively before. There is Eidolons and shard conversion, true, but Eidolon hunting plays a role on the Focus journey as well, and these have their own caveats.
A "small backshop for cosmetics", is a nice little thing, and the right thing to do imo.

It is another of those infinite "resources" we earn, at a steep rate now with The Circuit, but I'd simply leave it as is.

By no means I'm trying to gatekeep anything here, it's just that Duviri has given a ludicrous farm for something that wasn't meant to be obtained so easily and now there's an unnecessary excess of it, but I don't think we should add a "sink" to every single thing of the game that can be constantly earned with no limits.
Syndicates make sense because they are truly "passively earned", but for Focus I must disagree.

I would however, add intrinsics as a token to exchange with Acrithis, for example, since these just like Syndicate rep are passively earned from doing things in all of the Paradox's activities & modes. And Acrithis already has some nice evergreen rewards, so it seems fair to me to do this.

If so, and this is a big if for me given how I've just explained that I'm against making a sink-shop-thing for Focus, once a school is maximized, excess Focus earned in Duviri could be converted to Intrinsics and the back to the previous point of using Intrinsics as token of exchange.

Archived