Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just for fun, let's brainstorm our own concepts for an Incarnon mode for weapons (favourite or otherwise)

Zahnrad

Kinda just wanted to see a bit of what the community has in terms of ideas if they could design a firing mode for Incarnon weapons.

You can make your own Mutation Stats if you wish but I'm more focused on the Incarnon Mode/Incarnon Charges side of the weapon.

This is going to be incredibly biased and tailor made for a specific setup since it's one I used to rock a while ago.

Detron: In the Incarnon Mode the Detron loses its Multishot properties and only fires a single projectile (but does take into account Multishot modifiers like other weapons that only fire a single projectile)

Upon the Projectile(s) making direct contact with an enemy it will deal damage and a tiny status AoE and spawn 4 inactive smaller Detron projectiles that fly off in different directions for about a second. They then become active, darting in a straight line. Attempt to headshot the target that they spawned from, gaining Punch Through.

I said this was tailor made for a specific build and this is tailored for Mag and her Magnetise. I've always (personally) felt like the Tenet Detron was a downgrade to the Mara Detron with its lower ammo count.

• Like 7

a incarnon adaptor for the Supra, that does a 10m laser shot that lasts 1 second, goes 25m and has a 100% base crit/status chance and 5x base crit multiplier and does 500 base Slash damage. 

requires 300 headshots and has 1 charge.

probably too OP though...

Edited by (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

Incarnon Amprex that turns it into an auto-charge rifle (akin to the Javlok) that shocks up to 10 enemies

Do you mean the Fulmin?

Javlok is the Grineer throwable spear Primary

Incarnon Buzlok

Incaron mode has Homing Bullets just like normal mode

except they're actually usable

make them smart like Kunai Incarnon where they just automatically seek heads

no more target beacon

Pressing Alt to exit Incarnon mode early releases a Huge explosion based on how much charge was left

Edited by (PSN)haphazardlynamed
  • Like 3

Stugs incarnon, in incarnon form shoots homing sticky bubles which attaches to enemies, bubles dont stack so you dont loose out dmg. Increased cc, cd and status. When last shot is made, it drags enemies into the sticky aoe zone where they are open to finishers for some duration.

• Like 1

Tonbo incarnon that replaces the melee heavy attack into a dragoon jump, which lands on whichever enemy you have in your crosshairs within 100m and benefits from slam damage mods and whatever incarnon buffs it has, but decreases slam radius to a very small radius.

• Like 1

DeraVandal.png.webp?rev=5fe6cbd7ea68e6c6

Dera/Dera Vandal goes from high rate of fire single shot automatic, to a slower fire rate of shooting thin energy discs that expand like a rope in width as they travel farther, with a maximum range of 30m where once it reaches it's max length just explodes into an energy cloud or if it hits a wall, explodes into tiny weaker projectiles. Gets electric damage added on in incarnon mode, and has a chance to stun or knockdown enemies.

• Like 5

vectis:

• incarnon will be kinda like a charge version but hits way harder, prob would handle similarly to the opticor (dont flame me but I actually dont have the opticor)
  • 2 magazine/18 hits to charge
  • 1 second charge rate/.667 fire rate
  • 50%/3x crits
  • 50% status
  • 2800 base damage
  • doubled headshot multi
  • evolutions:
    • 1. +100 base damage, 150 overshield on headshot kill / +100 base damage, 150 overshield on slash headshot kill
    • 2. +100% reload speed / -1 magazine size / silenced
    • 3. +2x cd / +30% cc / +100% sc

definitely not too op right (its single target anyway, not like anyone would care about it lol)

kompressa:

• incarnon shoots slower, but bubbles are larger and have a bigger aoe
  • 50 magazine/500(?) hits to charge (kompressa multishot is funny idk)
  • 1 fire rate
  • 40%/2.7x crits
  • 100% status
  • 200 base damage
  • 500 aoe damage/5m radius
  • evolutions:
    • 1. +10 base damage, +300% multishot / +200 base damage, +50% multishot
    • 2. +50% reload speed / +10 magazine size / -50% zoom
    • 3. +30% cc / +1.7x cd / +100% sc

prob too op idk

destreza:

• during heavy attacks, if the camera moves, the incarnon will "slash" with the camera movements (if you move the camera from left to right, it will swing with the camera in that direction, using the crosshair as a "hitbox")
  • +10s combo duration
  • perfect follow through
  • +.3 attack speed on light attacks
  • ---
  • 40%/4x crits
  • 10% status
  • 240 base damage
  • evolutions:
    • 1. all hits inflict slash, on slash tick: -100 shields / +100 base damage
    • 2. +100% heavy wind up speed / +3m range / +30% attack speed
    • 3. +19% cc / +2.1 cd / +39% sc

best melee even more op

Edited by gamingchair1121
edit
  • Like 2

I was going to say that I dont care what the mutation was I just want a TIberon Adapter but now that I think about it that would not work.   Alt fire changes between its firing modes so there would be no way to go incarnum lol...

Tiberon is what I used for a decent chunk of time after Braton Prime (that i used for a very long time).   Tiberon looked amazing, sounded amazing,  was versatile with its 3 modes.

--------

A single shot version could be that if you hit a target, everything in 10-15 meters gets afflicted with that element of status.  Explosive tip ammo.

3 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:

vectis:

• incarnon will be kinda like a charge version but hits way harder, prob would handle similarly to the opticor (dont flame me but I actually dont have the opticor)
  • 2 magazine/18 hits to charge
  • 1 second charge rate/.667 fire rate
  • 50%/3x crits
  • 50% status
  • 2800 base damage
  • doubled headshot multi
  • evolutions:
    • 1. +100 base damage, 150 overshield on headshot kill / +100 base damage, 150 overshield on slash headshot kill
    • 2. +100% reload speed / -1 magazine size / silenced
    • 3. +2x cd / +30% cc / +100% sc

definitely not too op right (its single target anyway, not like anyone would care about it lol)

kompressa:

• incarnon shoots slower, but bubbles are larger and have a bigger aoe
  • 50 magazine/500(?) hits to charge (kompressa multishot is funny idk)
  • 1 fire rate
  • 40%/2.7x crits
  • 100% status
  • 200 base damage
  • 500 aoe damage/5m radius
  • evolutions:
    • 1. +10 base damage, +300% multishot / +200 base damage, +50% multishot
    • 2. +50% reload speed / +10 magazine size / -50% zoom
    • 3. +30% cc / +1.7x cd / +100% sc

prob too op idk

destreza:

• during heavy attacks, if the camera moves, the incarnon will "slash" with the camera movements (if you move the camera from left to right, it will swing with the camera in that direction, using the crosshair as a "hitbox")
  • +10s combo duration
  • perfect follow through
  • +.3 attack speed on light attacks
  • ---
  • 40%/4x crits
  • 10% status
  • 240 base damage
  • evolutions:
    • 1. all hits inflict slash, on slash tick: -100 shields / +100 base damage
    • 2. +100% heavy wind up speed / +3m range / +30% attack speed
    • 3. +19% cc / +2.1 cd / +39% sc

best melee even more op

holy fr*ck incarnon kompressa LESGO

• Like 1

Most of the weapons i enjoy are already converted , so i don't have a long list.

I would like some snipers (vulkar) to be part of the list , but I am not sure how it will work considering alt fire controls zooms and has bonuses by themselves.

Failing which i would really like something for the grinlok.

As part of its abilities I would like 

1) Incarnon mode : adds ricochet shots (each multishot adds 2 damage instances at 50% damage within 6m)

2) choice of fire rate , reload speed or recoil reduction.

3) chance to insta reload on headshots or reduce Armor / defense with each consecutive shot.

4) Increase crit cance/ status chance.

I like machete combos so something for the machete series would be welcome , 

Nothing too fancy , but i am used to my zaws giving energy on heavy attacks , 

So one of the effects providing something similar would be nice.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I completely forgot that exists. Despite getting it very frequently in duviri rolls. Yeah , I guess I am only looking forward to the grinlok then.

Ironically that's in this week's rotation too 🤣 Poor Nami Solo.

Adding another entry:

opticor_vandal.c01ce09e43ba41dae7478179e

I would love to see the Opticor/Opticor Vandal get a little love. The age old debate between which one is better has ensued long enough.

My fantasy incarnon feature for this would be that instead of a charge blast, it changes to shooting large slow moving blobs of energy that pull enemies within a 5m radius into it as it hovers along and the moment an enemy reaches the center core of the blob it explodes dealing short range radial damage as well. Blobs that do not hit anything expire after 5 seconds and blow up into 5 homing projectiles that home on to an enemy, inflicting low damage but high chance of magnetic status. Also innate magnetic damage in incarnon form.

Edited by kamisama85
  • Like 1

Incarnon mode for the bramma/ogris/zarr. That adds infinite ammo. doesn't need anything else :)

Oh alright, how about some of the remote trigger weapons like the castanas, that lay mines that do not need to be triggered by the player. Instead they can drop the equivalent of the grineer arc trap anywhere and everywhere.

there's a lot for me too choose from, so I'll go based on what I think would be purely the most interesting choices:

Acceltra: enters a homing- missile mode: players paint over targets then unleash a swarm of more powerful rockets that track enemies and have a larger AoE and more damage than standard rockets.

Stug: converts to firing a liquid stream of highly corrosive acid with very high status chance and damage over time, also leaves a residual pool of acid at the target's feet, any enemies who step into the pool take corrosive damage and a corrosive proc.

Dark Split-Sword: at 6x combo and incarnon activation, the weapon enters it's own unique stance where it fluidly switches between fast multi hit dual sword combos and powerful heavy swings with it's combined form. heavy attack in this mode switches form and unleashes a wave of dark energy that damages enemies. 

• Like 2

Tigris Incarnon: Basically turn it into the Kuva Hek alt fire. Like around 20 charges, ramp up the multishot, give it aggressive punchthrough, increase the hitbox size, no longer duplex, no need to reload, just a scary monster of a single target DPS, that can also murder groups of enemies if they are close enough to each other or standing behind each other.

Sybaris Incarnon: Give it some sort of AOE mechanic, when you hit an enemy, thats larger if you get headshots, but still decent if you get body shots. Keep it lever action, and maybe make the AOE a little bit like shrapnel explosions, in the sense, its a bit inconsistent. Meaning its AOE range isn't consistent, make it different from Braton and Burston, sometimes you might get lucky and kill a group, because some of the shrapnel went further, but your general priority is to still land headshots and emphasis skill and precision, but then occasionally being rewarded for playing that way. A bit like how you can with Kuva Chakkhurr. 

Opticor Incarnon: Okay, so make it a beam weapon, but like, a heavy beam weapon. You still need to charge it, give it a huge Incarnon charge, but make it as if the regular Opticor broke, and was continuously firing, like a laser. Give it the Phenmor Archgun animation swap too, because this weapon should feel heavy and unwieldy. Like, when you go to move it? There should be heavy resistance, and the beam should bend and waver. Maybe your Warframe should also literally move backwards slightly too, most things it hits, should die, the charge should deplete quite fast, (hence give it a bigger charge), and should still be a charge weapon, just one that you unleash as opposed to continuously charge and fire. Also would technically be a beam, but should feel like a sustained heavy laser. 

Daikyu Incarnon: I don't want to mess around too much with the appeal of the weapon, as in being a heavy bow, Kyūdō and restraint and form.So still a longer draw time, but now headshots are rewarded by creating homing ghost arrows that leave the target you hit, and seek enemies nearby hitting them as well. So an Incarnon that rewards careful aiming, precision, and headshots, but will then kill more enemies around you. Then give bodyshots a slight vacuum effect and minor AOE. Much less damage than a headshot version, but so the weapon can still be decent against Infested or Moa or enemies with weird head placements. Also just make the Incarnon different to Paris and Dread. 

Snipetron/Vulkar: I put these two together, since I think their Incarnon could be similar. Just turn them into high precision long range, narrow, thin beam weapons, but with a lot of charge, and so you can just zoom down sights and sweep the beam over enemies, killing them, either close range or from a distance. Snipetron has more of a laser aesthetic and Vulkar would have more of a flame aesthetic. Give it the ability to be used with hip fire as well, but also zoom in options, since well you know, Sniper. 

Amprex Incarnon: Turn it into an "electric railgun", that you can either charge or quick fire, but the edges of the projectile are electrified, so anything to the outskirts or edge of the large main projectile will be electrocuted and that electrocution effect will also link, just like the normal version. The more you charge the weapon, the greater this side effect, and more damage the main projectile will do, but for weaker enemies and groups, you can just do the rapid fire version. 

Glaxion Incaron: Turn it into an ice flamethrower/cold version of the Ignis Wraith, but with an inherent chill affect, that slows enemies. Then give it a unique/exclusive mechanic that when enemies die, they shatter and do AOE damage to enemies around them, which can create a cascading effect. Enemies in the centre of being hit with the weapon, will chill and take more damage, slow and shatter first, which will kill enemies to the sides, but you can also obviously try to spread your beam and sweep around multiple enemies, which will create the cascading shatter effect. Should just be fun to see frozen enemies shatter (or even just turn a lot of enemies into ice statues). 

• Like 4

Incarnon Ripkas:  Special gimmick that creates a scaling detonation on lethal finishers and ground finishers.  One of its perks would involve a  damage multiplier that scales with slash to encourage maximizing of slash mods.

Incarnon Veldt:  Has an altfire when aiming, so Incarnon activates when non-ADS.  Perks enable it to become an actually decent lite sniper  in normal mode.  Incarnon mode gets the Zymos treatment on headshots.

Incarnon Marelok: Incarnon mode doubles multishot and becomes a high damage, high spread, low range anti-personnel weapon.

Incarnon Twin Rogga:  Incarnon mode gets auto-burst and imitates Pyrana Prime's ghost weapon, resulting in AUTO BURST QUAD ROGGA.

9 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I completely forgot that exists.

It is very good.

• Like 4

I don't have suggestions for any specific weapons, but what I'd like to see is greater diversity in ways to activate Incarnon Modes for weapons.

Melee:
Overall, I would like to see melee weapons that don't depend on combo duration to reach Incarnon mode.  Ranged weapons can build up Incarnon charge without any time limit, so it would be nice to see some melee Incarnons that follow suit.  Some examples of possibilities:

• Headshots build Incarnon gauge.
  • Hitting at least X enemies with a slam attack builds Incarnon gauge.
  • Attacks that hit no more than one enemy build Incarnon gauge.
  • Each Puncture status effect builds Incarnon gauge.
  • Each Finisher builds Incarnon gauge.
  • Hitting an enemy with an aerial attack builds Incarnon gauge.
  • The first attack after blocking an enemy attack builds Incarnon gauge.

Ranged:
Just some more ideas of ways to build charge with Incarnon weapons:

• Punch-through shots that hit at least 2 enemies build Incarnon gauge.
  • (for AoE weapons) hitting at least X enemies with an explosion builds Incarnon gauge

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

it is one of the few weapons i sold , i cant remember why exactly though. I am rebuilding it now

Oh, well the base version is worse than Machete Wraith, Slaytra, or any machete Zaw, so not an odd decision.  Only reason I held on to it is I liked its aesthetic and machetes in general, and kind of hoped it'd get an augment or something someday.

And oh boy, it got an augment alright.

• Like 1