Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you could make any One change to a Warframe(s) what would they be?

Zahnrad

More of a fun thread than a serious one but it'd be interesting to see what others say or may come up with under a limitation.

You have 1 main Rule. You can make any small, large, major or minor change to any Warframe but you can only make one change. (per Warframe). This can be Cosmetic, UI, Gameplay or etc.

You can list as many Warframes as you want, or even just a single frame if you prefer (Kudos if anyone lists a change for every frame)

I don't mind if your one change effects more than one ability so long as it's the same general concept/change.

In no particular order...

Rhino: Change his passive or buff it to the point it feels like its own ability rather than a gimmick

Inaros: Abilities that can heal other players (2nd and 4th ability) persist after the affected enemies are killed

Ivara: Remove or Cap the gradual Energy Drain increase when using Navigator

Protea: Allow her Shield Satelites to recharge Shields instantly when broken like enemy Shield Ospreys

Wisp: Allow her to pick up and carry her Reservoirs to move them to another location instead of having to recast. While carried they are inactive (think of TF2 when the Engineer moves his Dispencer)

Hildryn: Allow her to use Primary/Secondary while in flight, or create an Augment for the same effect

Lavos: Subsuming an Ability that matches the element you are replacing can continue to synergize with Lavos (for example, Fire Walker or Fire Blast on Catalyze)

Loki: Give Decoy something so it's not just "Switch Teleport Marker"

Octavia: Allow changing songs mid-mission

Nova: Her passive instead applies Molecular Prime to enemies hit (based on Duration)

Vauban: Passive Sentinel similar to Khora's Kavat

Trinity: Wellspring instead provides Overshields or Overguard

Wukong: Control over what Weapon your Twin use (e.g. both of you use your Primary)

Valkyr: Incorporate Ripline into a Universal Parazon move and give Valkyr a new 1st Ability

Nyx: Pay more homage to her namesake by incorporating Darkness or Night into her ability FX

• Like 1

I'll have to think about this after work, but for a top of my head SIMILAR topic, I'd love to be able to change the sound effects on a lot of my weapon skins to better match.

Sorry - I owe you an on topic response later, lol.

• Like 1

Oh - no way, I absolutely have my on topic answer.

EMBER.

Please remove this heat gauge thing, it's SO tedious to build it back up any time it drops. Just make it default to maximum ramp speed. I literally don't play her anymore because it's annoying to have to spam 4 about twenty times every time I activate a new Immolate.

2 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

wisp - new setting to opt out of picking up motes (or something idk words just cannot express how much they annoy me lol)

Quick question since I hear this a lot but never ask.

Is it specifically the Haste mote that you hate, or do the Shock and Vitality motes bother you too? Because if not it might be easy to just allow only the Haste mote to be removed.

1 minute ago, Zahnny said:

Quick question since I hear this a lot but never ask.

Is it specifically the Haste mote that you hate, or do the Shock and Vitality motes bother you too? Because if not it might be easy to just allow only the Haste mote to be removed.

speed because the majority of weapons either run out of ammo or the feel of it is ruined (like slower weapons being fast). some weapons don't want speed at all, like rapiers so you can angle the hitbox during heavy attacks to hit more enemies, or internal bleeding/hemorrhage builds.

shock because it messes with headshots, and the one(?) second cooldown on it makes it even more annoying since its kinda just random when it triggers

vitality's fine though its just health

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

wisp - new setting to opt out of picking up motes (or something idk words just cannot express how much they annoy me lol)

SO TRUE.

To answer the question, for me personally, it's the haste mote that bothers me. Move speed is great. But fire rate is a noob trap. Not only does it increase the likelihood of you wasting ammo (and having to reload more), but fire rate can also be bad, such as disabling bleed mods, and ruining your fine-tuned rate for Nataruk or whatever.

In general, the motes are a noob trap. Speed cuz of what I mentioned, and HP because... HP is fake survival. It's the illusion of survivability lol. It's not damage reduction.

IMO!

• Like 2

Rhino , kullervo , frost and atlas(aumgent) : make adaptation apply to overguard :P

volt : hold 1 to make a mass lightning  active and draining energy as long as the skill is hold ( UNLIMITED POWAAA)

Oberon : add him a personnal kubrow (I dunno why you propose vauban sentinel but nothing for oberon when his passive is make for that)

Chroma : Let him keep his armor when his 4 is active.

Ash : give him back his old bladestrom.

Caliban : make his sentient minion level scale with ennemy level , ability strengh only affecting the sentient damage and shield regeneration (and add an augment allowing to summon the 3 minion with 1 use)

Inaros : I would only change 1 thing : his entire kit.

Sevagoth : each forma on the main frame allow a free polarization on the shadow. ( Seriously I love him but we have to make 3 build just for the frame)

Wukong : The twin kill give affinity to the frame and the weapon he his holding.

Edited by (NSW)fonglis
  • Like 1

Mirage: Cosmetic change would be to give her a different deluxe skin. The current one is very meh for what is one of my most played frames.

Gauss: Akarius skin gets selected for deluxe skin. We can finally get a second dual-wielded pistol skin as a result.

Ash: Fix glaive.png please.

Titania: Shes. . . perfect for my playstyle. Can't think of anything for my queen. Same thing with Saryn and Atlas.

Hydroid: Fix the dang passive. Make it 100% for starters.

Nekros: Higher base ehp to make surviving easier to work with.

54 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Wukong: Control over what Weapon your Twin use (e.g. both of you use your Primary)

I would also take this as well. So annoying that it favors melee. I've made the suggestion that the twin never uses melee as an augment which would have synergy with the staff and archgun.

There are a couple of other changes such as speed or wisp 1 being a toggle. Or world effects such as interactables and picking up crystals not affected by "abilities" such as rift and cloud walker. But these go beyond the one suggest change per Warframe.

• Like 1

Figured I'd do one for all of them.

Spoiler

Ash: Buff the finisher damage increase on Fatal Teleport to over 300% to compete with Savage Silence.

Atlas: Make Petrified Bulwarks petrify enemies it rolls through.

Banshee: Change Sound Quake's damage type to literally anything else OR buff its damage.

Baruuk: Make Elude increase his threat level (existing stat that makes enemies prioritize you for targeting).

Caliban: Add melee mod scaling to Razyr Gyre.

Chroma: Buff Spectral Scream's status change OR make it affected by mods.

Citrine: Make Preserving Shell rapidly decay instead of losing all stacks when the ability ends.

Ember: Make Fireball's damage always at a max combo count.

Equinox: Excess healing from Mend converts into Overshields and/or Overguard.

Excalibur: Add melee combo scaling to Radial Javelin.

Frost: What he needs is a change to cold status; make cold procs execute enemies at low Hp based on stack count or make this effect his passive.

Gara: Using Shattered Lash on Crystalized enemies causes them to explode like it does for Mass Vitrify's walls.

Garuda: Dread Mirror's execute triggers if the enemy dies within a second or two after casting the ability on them.

Gauss: (**hot take) Nerf Thermal Sunder when subsumed to equal 25% battery charge.

Grendel: Change his passive to decay down to the armor value rather than instantly decreasing.

Gyre: Make Arcsphere detonate for increased damage when hit with Coil Horizon.

Harrow: Add a gun damage increase to his passive scaling with current Overshields.

Hildryn: Balefire always fires at full charge while in Aegis Storm.

Hydroid: Casting Tempest Barrage while in Undertow instead launches projectiles forward (like a literal ship cannon barrage).

Inaros: Add melee mod or armor scaling to Devour's damage.

Invara: Change Navigator from manually controlling a projectile to briefly adding homing properties to her projectiles.

Khora: Venari passively uses her current form's ability on a cooldown instead of requiring manual input.

Kullervo: Add to his passive temporary damage resistance scaling with how much combo count was used for his last heavy attack.

Lavos: Make Transmutation Probe increase the value of credit pickups like Chroma's Effigy does.

Limbo: Increased casting speed across the board.

Loki: Decoy explodes on death and blinds enemies, opening them up to finishers.

Mag: Greatly increase the base incoming damage multiplier on a held Magnetize.

Mesa: Ballistic Battery builds up an ammo efficiency buff instead of damage on the next shot.

Mirage: Make Eclipse a tap/hold ability where the chosen form is full strength in the correct lighting and at half strength in the wrong lighting.

Nekros: Terrify multiplies incoming damage from Shadows.

Nezha: Warding Halo's augment applies in an AOE instead of being targeted.

Nidus: Enemies that die while under Parasitic Link release a small swarm of Maggots.

Nova: Sending an Antimatter Drop through a Wormhole detonates it at the portal and end point, enemies can be damaged by both AOEs.

Nyx: Replace Absorb with Stalker's Punishment.

Oberon: Reckoning's armor shred applies to all enemies while Oberon is on Hallowed Ground instead of only against enemies that are on it.

Octavia: (**hot take) nerf Mallet's damage scaling.

Protea: Blaze Artillery gains increased duration when in range of a Dispensary.

Revenant: Thrall Pact also counts Enthrall's energy pillars for the damage buff.

Rhino: Change Stomp's damage to scale like Banshee's Resonating Quake.

Saryn: (**hot take) add a mod scaling hard cap to Spore's damage.

Sevagoth: Make him and his Shadow share mod polarities while refunding players any Forma invested into his Shadow.

Styanax: Rally Point's shield restore is doubled for enemies killed via Final Stand.

Titania: (kinda two changes) Return Tribute to a stacking buff but make it grant all four buffs per offering.

Trinity: Add mod scaling to Link's target count.

Valkyr: Rip Line performs a buffed ground slam when cast on the floor.

Vauban: (if this isn't already an effect) Cause Overguarded enemies slowed by Bastille to also trigger his passive.

Volt: Passive also builds every time he applies Electric status.

Voruna: Either make Ulfrun's Descent deal more damage based on the target's missing HP or have it execute low HP enemies.

Wisp: Make Breach Surge's teleport a "hold" function that targets the nearest Reservoir to your crosshair.

Wukong: Add armor scaling to Primal Fury.

Xaku: Add Xata's Whisper's bonus damage to all their abilities.

Yareli: Casting Sea Snares into Riptide increase the detonation damage.

Zephyr: Replace Tail Wind's hover mode with slowed down Archwing controls.

• Like 1

Khora: move her mode switching mechanic from Venari to Whipclaw like how it used to be before release. Venari's commands are instead context sensitive (friend = heal, foe = attack), and Whipclaw's damage profile changes with Khora's mode. Slash just deals the current damage profile, Puncture is Puncture damage focused ad has a chance to disarm, Impact is Impact damage focused and has a chance to ragdoll enemies towards the point of impact.

Yareli: moddable Merulina.

Protea: change Temporal Anchor so it's always recording, and you rewind as long as you hold 4. No need to place a starting point, just rewind however much you want.

Ivara: change Artemis Bow's augment: instead of firing 1 arrow with the damage of 1 arrow, it fires 1 arrow with the damage of all of the arrows combined. You're concentrating the arrows, but the damage doesn't get concentrated? Whack.

• Like 3

Titania: Able to resummon all 6 Razorflies. I don't care if it's by Hold to cast or use another ability. Tribute just add more of them not resummon them. 

Voruna: Allow her 1st ability second effect to refresh with melee kills.

Mirage: Allow the player to decide which buff to get from Eclipse

Ember: Give us an augment that auto cast Fire Blast at 90% Heat Gauge. 100% Heat Gauge is too good. Got to be lower so players can decide if it's worth the mod slot. If there isn't enough energy to auto cast Fire Blast then the Heat Gauge is dropped

A warframe passive that prevent the combo counter from decay.

• Like 2

Hydroid.

Delete Undertow, or atleast rework Undertow for example:

Instead of turning into a puddle, Hydroid summons a giant sphere of water similar to Frost's globe.

Enemies just topple over and float inside the globe making them easy targets for Hydroid or teammates to shoot down, also when Hydroid enters the water globe his movement becomes similar to archwing movement but without the archwing ofc, he just flies in it and uses whatever loadout he has, obviously size scales with mods etc.

• Like 1

Nezha
- Make Fire Walker a more meaningful part of the kit by allowing it to slowly strip armor

Gauss
- Change Redline so that duration literally only increases its duration and not the proportionate amount of work needed to reach 100%

Garuda
- Allow Dread Mirror dunking to work on Overguard

Harrow
- Recasting Covenant while the crit buff is active removes the buff to restart another instance of invuln

Volt
- Passive builds ability strength (or maybe duration?) instead of damage

Zephyr
- Tail Wind's flight path follows your crosshair throughout the ability's duration

Mesa
- Uncap Ballistic Battery damage or convert gunshots buffed by BB into AoE blasts

Yareli
- Allow primary weapons on Merulina

Ash
- Bake at least one of his augments into his base kit

Citrine
- Crystallize adds +300% crit chance instead of setting damage to a red crit

Trinity
- Bake Abating Link into the kit or increase how many enemies it grabs

Oberon

- Option to use grass over weed on Hallowed Ground

Edited by mariberry-hearn
  • Like 1