Update 33.6: Echoes of Duviri

[DE]Taylor

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Fixed Sythel appearing on the Duviri Landscape during the Fear Spiral. 

I still don't see any fix for the unpassable wall for Bombastine when it's his cycle.  Sure he's off the map, but his presence is still acutely felt when walking onto his podium.  

"That's Bombastine's place, Tenno!!  No one but him can stand there!"  

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Fixed Vor continuing his monologue if killed before he starts talking in the Circuit Exterminate.

• To remedy this, his monologue starts sooner upon spawning.

🤣But you're still going to continue us having to suffer through his monologue on Mot years later when we can kill him in less than 30 seconds and his dialog continues a full minute and a half after death (hence earning the nickname: Blow-hard Vor)? 

I guess it's in the voice-actor's contract for residuals or something.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Do_High_Go said:

Pretty sure it is not added at extraction. Since it has a requirement to do the Orowyrm fight to get it, you will not get it immediately after Kullervo hold if you have not fought the Orowyrm yet. However if you fight the Wyrm first and then Kullervo, you get it after Kullervo falls.

If that's true, than you get it after the decree(which is rewarded after you open the orowyrm's chest).
Because during the steel path Kullervo's hold event misson I got host migration after killing orowyrm. I was unable to extract(and so was my teammate), and I got no bane after leaving via menu.

edit: other people also complained about it here

Edited by Megazawr
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

• Increased the IPS (Impact, Puncture, Slash) Damage of the following Mods: 
    • Rupture - Increased Impact Damage from 30% to 90% 
    • Disruptor - Increased Impact Damage from 30% to 90%
    • Piercing Hit - Increased Puncture Damage from 30% to 90% 
    • Flechette - Increased Puncture Damage  from 30% to 90% 
    • Sawtooth Clip - Increased Slash Damage from 30% to 90%
    • Shredder - Increased Slash Damage from 30% to 90%
    • Concussion Rounds - Increased Impact Damage from 60% to 90%
    • No Return - Increased Puncture Damage from 60% to 90%
    • Razor Shot - Increased Slash Damage from 60% to 90%

This is nice, but is it going to be as useful as it should be? IPS damage mods will likely remain unused even with these buffs simply because they only increase their own damage type instead of giving more damage scaled from base damage like the elemental mods. With the changes to Puncture, I would like to do a few setups with high amounts of it but that will only be possible on weapons with really high amounts of it already. If you are going to buff Impact and Puncture, then players should be able to spec into that damage type if they want to without being held back by the weapon's base damage distribution.

• Like 6

Wow... Thanks DE for the comprehensive update. liking what i see in the update notes . I know the devs and players have been on a short tether with very high/low expectations dragging us all down ....But I for one can see a good thing too and not just the bugs . Here is hoping that legacy issues will be addressed soon . ......meantime I got to go get me that Wisp Prime. 🥰

Edited by Kirgit2019

@[DE]Taylor

Still not fixed.

Namely:

1) The square "Tentacle Swarm" in "Undertow"

2) Failure to cancel "Tidal Surge" in the air

3) A square flashlight, with the "High Shader Quality" setting turned off

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Zabyr
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Terroriced said:

This is huge. Since this can only mean bad player retention on the Duviri path, will we get more Warframe content in the future instead of the non-Warframe content like in recent years, because new players clearly seem to like Warframe content more than Drifter content?

• After months of review of player behavior, we are making this change to give all new players an accurate representation of core Warframe gameplay before we introduce them to the magic of Duviri.  Offering two Starting Paths for new players was an experiment -- and not one we regret -- but a key part of experimentation is continued iteration after the fact to ensure the best player experience possible. Tenno who already chose the Drifter Path should not be affected!

Most likely as you say.

I don't think this will change their intention to release new Operator/Drifter stuff for those of us who are already along the ride, it just seems to mean that people were encountering too much difference when starting VS what the game really is (as many of us already stated).

I still think it's not a bad idea if it could have been executed properly, but there's not enough content out to make a proper Drifter > Warframe path and Duviri, while having Warframes in the mix, don't have them enough. We'll see what the future brings, maybe they can do something similar but better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KyonaKansou said:

im still wondering if they had fixed the 100% cpu issue on DX11 yet since it still having very sluggish overall performance, almost unplayable or even freeze the game
tried to wait, it did go down but hopped in mission-> get 100%-> back to orbiter->get 100% again

I have the other problem with the game chewing through RAM on DX11 causing micro stutters now and then.

1 hour ago, Naroxas44 said:

I've found it changes with frame rate, indicating some CPU routines are likely tied to frame rates. I dunno how many you're getting, but turning on VSYNC or limiting to your monitor refresh rate would likely help if you're not already doing so.

Otherwise, make sure you've verified and optimized files from the launcher - specifically optimization helps a lot here to avoid the engine having stutters or long loads due to the way it's fetching data from disk.

I've tried all that verifying cache, and verifying files, and my CPU doesn't struggle with the game, I get well over 180 FPS with everything max'd, I turned the lock off to see what I was getting but run it on and have it locked into my native monitor 75-Hertz, the game just kills my 16 Gig of RAM as can be seen by the below screenshots.

Warframe NOT running -->    1.Warframe_NOT_Running.png    Warframe RUNNING -->    2.Warframe_Running.png

I'll be updating Windows later this year and hope it might help.

-------------------------

Also an awesome looking update DE and a big one to read also, good work DE keep it up. 👍

• Like 1

Angstrum and incarnon. Yea, that will not work out.

We have to go away from headshot only charges to "headshot 100%, chest/lowerbody 1%, limbs 5%, fingernails and toes 500%" charge-boxes.

Hitting enemies with some slow firing weapons and therefore charging the meter, like the Dual Toxoysts or Miter, are a pain in the arse.

This needs adjusting. Torid for example was before its silent charge nerf perfect. The cloud was able to charge, even if you shot at the ground. Now it is more like upper 1/3 body only. At least it does give someone a bigger area to charge that damn weapon. Any other hitscan-single-shot-miss-or-success kind of charge mechanic are not even suited for playing in public matches. Why you ask? Because people will either nuke, stagger, knock them over or pull them away, thus rendering it impossible to charge the damn incarnon weapon.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, iHeuksal said:

Angstrum and incarnon. Yea, that will not work out.

We have to go away from headshot only charges to "headshot 100%, chest/lowerbody 1%, limbs 5%, fingernails and toes 500%" charge-boxes.

Hitting enemies with some slow firing weapons and therefore charging the meter, like the Dual Toxoysts or Miter, are a pain in the arse.

This needs adjusting. Torid for example was before its silent charge nerf perfect. The cloud was able to charge, even if you shot at the ground. Now it is more like upper 1/3 body only. At least it does give someone a bigger area to charge that damn weapon. Any other hitscan-single-shot-miss-or-success kind of charge mechanic are not even suited for playing in public matches. Why you ask? Because people will either nuke, stagger, knock them over or pull them away, thus rendering it impossible to charge the damn incarnon weapon.

Aim better, it's rewarding you taking the time to aim for headshots with a better stronger firing mode. 

Charging the miter and dual tox is super easy and we don't even know what it takes to charge the new Incarnons yet because they aren't available to anyone until the weekly reset. 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb [DE]Taylor:
  • Missed note: Removed Luscinia’s Opera singing in the Undercroft. 
    • Due to the smaller tile, the singing was easily triggered a lot with players crossing paths with it often which created a lot of auditory noise. 

Ah, that explains why the went silent. I personaly really liked her singing, it contributed greatly to the atmosphere of the undercraft. I can understand that some players dislike it, but instead of disabling it it would be much better to give the players the choice. One option would be an additional volume-slider in the settings for non-mission-voices in the undercraft, like Luscinia and Bombastine. There already is a ton of sliders, so why not add one more?

2 hours ago, MobyTheDuck said:

No fixes for multishot not giving Incarnon charges due the change to the Torid Incarnon? And multishot breaking stealth, for that matter?

Ah, so it's an actual bug then. I was just assuming my Laetum wasn't properly generating charges from multishot because it's a projectile weapon (and thus multishot makes it incredibly inaccurate, especially when your target is 10m+ away).

21 minutes ago, MortalMercenary said:

Aim better, it's rewarding you taking the time to aim for headshots with a better stronger firing mode. Charging the miter and dual tox is super easy and we don't even know what it takes to charge the new Incarnons yet because they aren't available to anyone until the weekly reset. 

You should read the rest of the post you quoted. They literally explained why skill has no actual bearing on this issue, and why charge generation needs to be happening from body shots as well (obviously granting less than a headshot, of course).

• Like 1

DE what you are doing reducing the Puncture Stack will only reduce the damage EVE IF YOU INCREASE THE DAMAGE 40%

YOU should bring Overguard to all warframe natively even if it a pull that doesn't recharge like shield AND NO ITS NOT AN EXAGENTION you are just making the things more ANNOYING because you think that the 3 cats that are powerful enough to not see an elemental eximus as a problem is the reason to BUFF the enemy 

hace 4 horas, [DE]Taylor dijo:

FIXES:

Still no Fix for Caliban Colors being muted? 
They were changed when his Tennogen
skin was added and is still Bugged,
his Sentients look too bright now.

Clarification: Its Caliban's Color which are wrong, not his Sentient's

RccbS0U.jpg

• Like 1

I'd suspected that we might get more incarnons after the original set, but I was really hoping that the way we got it wasn't the exact way that we're getting it. At 6 weeks per rotation and only two selections per week, we were already seeing MONTHS go by to earn the full set of incarnon choices, but now that we've closed out that run, adding a new, seventh week to the rotation is awful. We'll get our first choices next week, and then have to wait 2+ months to play for just one week and earn our next two. Then, another 2 months, to play for one week, and earn the final reward.

Some infinitely better alternatives: 1) Add one of each of the new incarnons to each week of the current rotation. Players can choose to get the new ones instead of the old ones if they're still working on collecting them all, and the players who have them all will still be sunk for another 5-6 weeks of Steel Circuit. Alternatively, 2) Allow us to trade duplicate incarnons for a currency, that we can give to a vendor to receive the incarnon of our choosing. Even if it takes 4-5 duplicates to earn an incarnon of choice, that's still only 2 weeks of full investment, or 4-5 weeks of partial investment. Players don't have to worry about sinking enough time in to earn the reward granted by one week before it takes another trip around the sun and returns in SEVEN WEEKS, and players who don't want to wait can get newer incarnons by playing today, rather than later.