Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This game definitely needs a suicide option

Chewarette

Heya folks,

I'm pretty sure this feedback is posted like every 2 weeks, but you never know.

Considering the amount of game-breaking bugs that exist everywhere, some as old as the game itself, we can rest assured they'll never be solved. So please at least invent a command, similar to the /unstuck one, that would outright kill you, consuming a revive. Maybe with a prompt "This command will instantly kill you and reviving will consume one of your remaining revives, if any".

That would definitely solve the bug where you can't do anything and your only solution is to die, which is borderline impossible outside of steel path, in a squad if mates are killing enemies or providing buffs, or if you're playing with a tanky setup. Also the terrific case where you succeed in dying, just for a teammate ignoring the chat and reviving you every time (as sometimes the bug also prevents you to self-revive and you need to go through the complete bleedout).

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 26

I love that that after all the years of feedback and bug reporting we worked our way to the ultimate fix - to kill ourselves. Bravo. And its so sad too, when everyone in this topic is basically begging for the devs to let them kill themselves. Thats how friggin buggy this game is. As for the function I pretty much agree, but question is what becomes of liches and sisters that trigger when you die. Will the devs allow "abuse" or will they add more code to prevent the companion spawning when you use the command?

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

I love that that after all the years of feedback and bug reporting we worked our way to the ultimate fix - to kill ourselves. Bravo. And its so sad too, when everyone in this topic is basically begging for the devs to let them kill themselves. Thats how friggin buggy this game is. As for the function I pretty much agree, but question is what becomes of liches and sisters that trigger when you die. Will the devs allow "abuse" or will they add more code to prevent the companion spawning when you use the command?

I'm not sure what you're mentioning with Sisters & Liches (haven't done them for a while so maybe I missed an update). As far as I know they disappear when you die, so this function will work the same way, I don't see what can be abused.

If anything, it could have the same cooldown as the /unstuck (that you can't spam either).

Feel free to correct me if I missed anything with Liches !

15 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I'm not sure what you're mentioning with Sisters & Liches (haven't done them for a while so maybe I missed an update). As far as I know they disappear when you die, so this function will work the same way, I don't see what can be abused.

If anything, it could have the same cooldown as the /unstuck (that you can't spam either).

Feel free to correct me if I missed anything with Liches !

Its the other way around. They spawn when you die, because they are your bodyguards. You could see how someone with proper adaptation etc build could just spam the suicide command to make them spawn. You were probably thinking of enemy liches and not converted ones.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

39 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Its the other way around. They spawn when you die, because they are your bodyguards. You could see how someone with proper adaptation etc build could just spam the suicide command to make them spawn. You were probably thinking of enemy liches and not converted ones.

Ah yes sorry, got it the wrong way.

Well then this kind of issue could be mitigated several ways:

- with a cooldown on the /suicide option (as currently on unstuck)

- hard coding no-lich-spawn when you die using this function

- it anyway consumes one of your pooled revive so you couldn't do that more than 6/8/12 times anyway depending on circumstances

By the way, the Wiki states this :

Converted Kuva Lich/Sisters of Parvos

Upon entering bleedout once, the player's converted Kuva Lich or Sisters of Parvos may spawn in the mission to assist. These allied NPCs will provide firing support for a few minutes before leaving on their own, but they do not experience bleedout nor will they directly interact with other downed Tenno to revive them.

I have never tried myself to be honest, but it states it works once. So it couldn't be abused if that's the case.

Edited by Chewarette

31 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

So it couldn't be abused if that's the case.

it's not like they're powerful enough for this to really matter anyways. they aren't going to carry a Mission or anything. they're mostly just something to distract Bullets away from your Face into theirs instead.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, taiiat said:

it's not like they're powerful enough for this to really matter anyways. they aren't going to carry a Mission or anything. they're mostly just something to distract Bullets away from your Face into theirs instead.

Agreed. And even then, if one really wants to "abuse" it... Well you can just die the old-fashioned way :laugh:

6 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Heya folks,

Considering the amount of game-breaking bugs that exist everywhere, some as old as the game itself, we can rest assured they'll never be solved. So please at least invent a command, similar to the /unstuck one, that would outright kill you, consuming a revive. Maybe with a prompt "This command will instantly kill you and reviving will consume one of your remaining revives, if any".

That would definitely solve the bug where you can't do anything and your only solution is to die, which is borderline impossible outside of steel path, in a squad if mates are killing enemies or providing buffs, or if you're playing with a tanky setup. Also the terrific case where you succeed in dying, just for a teammate ignoring the chat and reviving you every time (as sometimes the bug also prevents you to self-revive and you need to go through the complete bleedout).

Im guessing this is because of bugs that lock your Frame/Operator/Drifter from being able to attack and cast abilities?

If so, it doesnt need to actually be a "Suicide" command its self, it can just be an upgrade to the /unstuck which also resets your characters to react to imputes again.

17 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Im guessing this is because of bugs that lock your Frame/Operator/Drifter from being able to attack and cast abilities?

If so, it doesnt need to actually be a "Suicide" command its self, it can just be an upgrade to the /unstuck which also resets your characters to react to imputes again.

It is for that case indeed.

Of course, if there is a better solution that would avoid dying, I'd take it as well. But if it was "that easy", I guess DE would have implemented it already. So I'm focusing this proposal on the solution that we know works every time : dying.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

Agreed. And even then, if one really wants to "abuse" it... Well you can just die the old-fashioned way :laugh:

Thats the thing, you cant. First of all, Im not really against the "abuse", just saying that its a question that needs to be answered. Secondly, its very hard to die in non-SP missions with proper build, so people would definitely just use the command to trigger the lich.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

23 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Thats the thing, you cant. First of all, Im not really against the "abuse", just saying that its a question that needs to be answered. Secondly, its very hard to die in non-SP missions with proper build, so people would definitely just use the command to trigger the lich.

Yeah I get your point. But honestly, if someone wants to cheese non-SP content by dying to trigger a potential Lich that'll do negligible damage... Well why not, I would say. They also sacrifice 10% of affinity by doing that anyway.

11 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Yeah I get your point. But honestly, if someone wants to cheese non-SP content by dying to trigger a potential Lich that'll do negligible damage... Well why not, I would say. They also sacrifice 10% of affinity by doing that anyway.

Im offended ur calling my toxin kuva zarr lich with oberon radiation aoe as negligible damage but oke :) Yeh its more for fun than for perfomance, but the damge is really not negligible. Also who cares about affinity, ESO is for affinity. Anyway, lets stop talking about it I think we made our points.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

On 2023-08-03 at 2:18 AM, Chewarette said:

Heya folks,

I would love this command tbh, i’ve been in situations where i need to die from the enemies because the game completely bugged me out but my teammates keep reviving me so i would stay bugged. A command like this would help with the flow of the game when situations like that happens.

• Like 1

Heh, just ran in a mission where I immediately fell through the ground with no way to solve it. Of course /unstuck did jack S#&$. Only solution was Alt+F4 then come back. Pretty sure a /suicide would have solved that one as well. :laugh: