Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starchart looking full

zylik

10 minutes ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Ever thought that we may HAVE to in the future, not now and running into wally is inevitable.

If somehow the Origin System was completely safe, sure. That's not likely to happen.

Travelling to Tau or any other Solar System is not going to be a side icon like Railjack or Duviri. Both of them are within the Origin System, it's simply a different menu. Tau is Lightyears away from the Origin System, if we go there we likely aren't coming back. And that's if we somehow don't get blown up by Tau's defenses.

It doesn't look like an Assassin's Creed map, so no it's not too crowded.

Although a search for node names would be nice. When someone asks for help with Node X, sometimes I have no idea where they're asking for.

Edited by Hobie-wan

3 hours ago, zylik said:

Ok but like I remember people saying revenant wasn't going to get a prime because he is a sentient Warframe but he got one

3 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Nothing about Revenant getting primed would conflict with any lore. Can you give some examples of what was rewritten?

Once again makes me wonder how they'll explain giving us Protea Prime, since Protea already is the Orokin-era original.

2 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Once again makes me wonder how they'll explain giving us Protea Prime, since Protea already is the Orokin-era original.

Regular frames were present in orokin era, the Sacrifice itself has the regular excal as one of the images that show up when Ballas was explaining Warframe creation to Hunhow

Edited by (XBOX)C11H22O11
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Regular frames were present in orokin era, the Sacrifice itself has the regular excal as one of the images that show up when Ballas was explaining Warframe creation to Hunhow

Oh? I don't recall that, I'll have to go rewatch those scenes.

4 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

All DE have to do is add on another Layer, like the Steel Path.

Re-complete the star chart in a different mode ^^

yep, this - they had the opportunity with the New War to recast the star chart post sentient invasion so you can stop fighting level 1 grineer and get sentients instead. They even had a red star chart in the quest done ready for such a thing, that they never even considered to put in as a future for old players wanting the next level of challenge.

Instead we get Duviri. There's your new start chart.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

This one

Oh, thanks for that. Saves me a bit of time. Interesting... There's a part of me that is now thinking along the lines of this implying that Primes are more than what we think they are. Wonder if that'll actually be revealed as a thing, and expanded upon.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Tau is out of the question too, it's literally the Homeworld of the Sentients.

my Umbra-Forma'd arsenal begs to differ. if the Sentients don't let us go there, we'll carve a path into their system ourselves. we never got the war with the Sentients we were promised originally, and I bloody well want it!

2 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

It's the Sentient Homeworld now and has been for centuries. They have defenses, Planetary Defenses.

and we have ships that can approach undetected, because that's what they always do. plus I'm not asking to go on their planets, I'm more than happy to keep fighting them on their Murexes as we have been doing: less work for DE not having to make new tilesets as well. 

2 hours ago, zylik said:

So if we would just get blown up by there defense then how did we repel them from fortuna homie we defeated them when they came for the lotus 

If you want someone to reply to you then you need to quote their posts pal. Forum basics. I just randomly saw this post when looking at another.

As to your question, I'm not entirely sure you know what planetary defenses are. They'd be Big Turrets floating around a Planet and/or on the Planets Moon with the sole purpose of destroying anything that came too close to Tau. Considering the Sentients have never attempted to drag their entire planet with its defenses through the Void, I'm not entirely sure what Fortuna or the Lotus or any of the last of that was meant to mean. I mean we lost The New War if that's not already clear.

34 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

my Umbra-Forma'd arsenal begs to differ. if the Sentients don't let us go there, we'll carve a path into their system ourselves. we never got the war with the Sentients we were promised originally, and I bloody well want it!

and we have ships that can approach undetected, because that's what they always do. plus I'm not asking to go on their planets, I'm more than happy to keep fighting them on their Murexes as we have been doing: less work for DE not having to make new tilesets as well. 

This post just raises so many questions.

I mean having umbra forma'd frames is great, it still doesn't stop the vacuum of space from being a vacuum though.

As for "ships that can approach undetected" are you talking about the Railjacks? That's stealth for seconds at best, how do you survey an entire unknown planet in that time? And how do you plan to get back once the cloak finishes and the Railjack gets blown apart?

What effect is the longterm Void journey going to have on the Railjack systems? Also, considering Railjacks are powered literally by the Wall of Bones Fingerbone, won't that just make it easier for it to find us on the way to Tau?

3 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Secondly there's absolutely no indication that the mission went well at all.

It didn't go well, but that wasn't my point. My point was, it was still feasible and possible at all. "Very low odds of success because the aliens are probably going to slaughter our soldiers" still implies "our soldiers can operate in that theater in the first place." And that's more than enough to add the Tau starchart to the game and have Tenno run around on Tau planets

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

In what bizarro world did you come to that conclusion?

No bizarro world needed. Recap time:

- The War started

- Grineer, Corpus and Tenno put aside differences to fight side by side

- Tenno got their Railjack close enough to main Murex to drop off Teshin

- Teshin lost contact so Tenno jumped aboard the murex

- Found out Natah was just being used by Ballas and Erra all along to awaken "Mother" instead of being the instigator of the war

- Ballas sends Natah to the Void, stabs the Tenno and they and Teshins body are dragged into the portal too

- Narmer succeeds in subjugating 99% of the Origin System through their Veils.

- Narmer wins the war

The entire point of the folks who say they were disappointed with New War (who were being reasonable) is that we don't actually see the middle or end of the war itself. When we pick up with the Drifter the "war" is well and truly over. Theres so few allies left that the Drifter is forced to try to align with Hunhow and the Stalker after all.

We lost the war by recklessly going after the Lotus instead of staying behind to keep the Origin System safe, which was the point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Have you not finished the quest? Cause you're only listing the first... half? ish? of the quest story.

He's correct, we lost the war. Yes, we ultimately defeated Ballas but that was some time after the war and we lost the entire origin system to Narmer. All we did was eventually come back to take out Ballas.

You have to remember that Ballas and Erra had enough time to even terraform Venus into a warmer climate and build massive monuments. When we were stabbed and sent to the void, it was most definitely not for hours, days, or months.

1 hour ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

You have to remember that Ballas and Erra had enough time to even terraform Venus into a warmer climate and build massive monuments. When we were stabbed and sent to the void, it was most definitely not for hours, days, or months.

I'm pretty sure it was only about a week. Venus's climate isn't really much warmer than before, and yes I have seen the before/after comparisons. Not that drastic a change when you consider it's still below freezing. The best indicator of the passage of time is the swap out of Nef's giant head for Ballas's giant head, and even then we don't know how long it took to make Nef's giant head in the first place. Everything else -- Cetus looks the same, Fortuna looks the same outside of lightbulb colors, the veiled Ventkids hadn't aged at all, and most importantly the majority of the Origin system wasn't actually trapped in Narmer Veils (as confirmed by Eudico in some of her flavor text) -- all heavily implies the New War was actually very short. This was further implied in the last AMA the devs held on Reddit, where they admitted they don't want to reveal how long/short the New War really was because they're worried fans would just be more confused

I have been thinking about this, I think it's time DE makes a whole new galaxy with new factions new weapons new planets and tilesets, don't get me wrong I like all these new updates but I think we need a fresh start with new enemies and planets because I don't think DE can keep doing open worlds and expect player to be excited for them if all they are is just reskins of PoE.Deimos and fortuna.

however I don't want this to be something that gets rushed and what not I want them to at least spend 3-4 years developing it, yes I get the lore and the origin system and stuff but I don't like that we may never getting a galaxy or planets,factions,weapons,tilesets because the lore says otherwise, honestly all I want is for DE to explore make cool amazing worlds without having to be worry about how it connects to the lore, yes obviously they can make it so it does connect to the current lore but I just thinks it's time for a Fresh start in a new world/galaxy.

24 minutes ago, CephalonCarnage said:

There are trees growing on top of the crashed sentient spacecraft on the Plains. They don't grow in a week. 

One of the tasks at my current job is landscaping. There are woody weeds that can shoot up several feet in less than a month. I've gotten a nice close look at the Condrix trees you're talking about and they're not very big-- if you were to wrap your hand around the stem, you could touch finger and thumb. Those things haven't been growing for years, those weeds rose up over a few weeks tops

19 hours ago, zylik said:

dont think thats a good idea kinda feels like the lazy way out 

Yeah... I get that. You're not wrong.

Have you... taken a look at DE's history? ^^

Because...

15 hours ago, CephalonCarnage said:

yep, this - they had the opportunity with the New War to recast the star chart post sentient invasion so you can stop fighting level 1 grineer and get sentients instead. They even had a red star chart in the quest done ready for such a thing, that they never even considered to put in as a future for old players wanting the next level of challenge.

That's the kind of thing they do.

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yeah... I get that. You're not wrong.

Have you... taken a look at DE's history? ^^

Because...

That's the kind of thing they do.

Ya I have and your not wrong they do take the easy way out it's more of the hope they don't because steel path is already kinda dead I usually find myself giving up on playing steel path and going to the regular mission is simply because I can't find anyone

Edited by zylik

8 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

One of the tasks at my current job is landscaping. There are woody weeds that can shoot up several feet in less than a month. I've gotten a nice close look at the Condrix trees you're talking about and they're not very big-- if you were to wrap your hand around the stem, you could touch finger and thumb. Those things haven't been growing for years, those weeds rose up over a few weeks tops

That's quite a stretch. I don't think producers would go that far into a rabbit hole to find a rapid growth tree. Normally, large vegetation overgrowing or showing maturity is a cinematic cue of long advanced time. 

4 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

That's quite a stretch. I don't think producers would go that far into a rabbit hole to find a rapid growth tree. Normally, large vegetation overgrowing or showing maturity is a cinematic cue of long advanced time. 

I wouldn't either... If a major plot point wasn't planet Earth being covered in super-weeds as an area denial weapon