Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path is empty

Void2258

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

This being the absolute primary reason, as it's the only actual method of acquisition. It's also only available once every 2 months, and you can only get a single one.

DE really needs to add other methods to acquire umbra forma, or alter the SP shop's 8 rotational purchases to be monthly resetting instead.

2 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

It used to be worth it farming steel essence, but then DE restricted teshin store for all players instead of dealing with the select few abusing the system. i just do the dalies and call it a day.

Make dumb choices, watch your gamemode die slowly.

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Make dumb choices, watch your gamemode die slowly

whilst true, this affected only a small number of what I'd call abusive players who were not playing the game in any meanignful way, these are the guys who get banned for selling off-game platinum for real world money. Its not a bad thing that DE does all it can to prevent these abuses.

I'm sure the relative handful of players farming steel path has had no statistical impact on the player numbers. The gamemode might be dumb in the first place (debatable though, cheap way of adding more content to challenge players back in the day) but if it dies slowly its because it wasn't popular in itself. See also many other gamemodes like Orphix or onclave.

I personally only do nodes I haven't completed and incursions. I don't like steel path anyway because enemies are kind of bullet sponges and also I need to constantly focus on my own survival.

But guess this shows that those who cry for harder content are minority since steel path was supposed to be answer for them.

Or maybe this is just "wRoNg tYpe Of hArD".

16 hours ago, Void2258 said:

I have reached Steel Path, and I am extremely frustrated. There are no players on almost any map, which makes opening the starchart a major chore (20+ for some missions to solo). I have spoken to people and the consensus is that this is happening because the rewards for SP are not with the extra difficulty, excluding incursions, which have thus far been the only way to open up nodes for me in any reasonable time. It's not great to have worked hard to open up a mode only to find it abandoned. There needs to be a reason to do Steel Path, to ensure that the ode has a population above 0.

Maybe, try to change the server region! The Asia and NA server is packed with players with Steel Path missions. 

17 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Interception, but that mission type is literally impossible to complete solo. SP ensures that there is always a squad of enemies on all four capture points. In other words, the moment you move away from the point you just captured, the enemy is already recapturing

I run SP for regular missions al.oat exclusively these days unless I want to do a challenge quickly.

Just for reference I've done every interception solo. The jupiter mission gave me issues but people helped me with strategy and i did it solo to complete the planet (recently). In my posting history. There are only a few nodes i have not yet done (boss) as I try to do the tough one solo first (alad v, deimos top boss not lephantis the other one, and jordas golem). They can be done. I did all zariman solo as well which i personally think are harder than reg interception. Keep trying it will make you better.

However, for quick progress if you want, run void relic missions or the 5 SP missions that rotate every day. It's rare to be alone. The 5 are almost always 100% full squad for me. The void relics are probably 20% alone 21-70% at least 2 and 30% 3-4 squad.

Good luck!

38 minutes ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

Removal of steel path seems to be a reasonable fix. :) 

No, it is fine. 

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Void2258:

I have reached Steel Path, and I am extremely frustrated. There are no players on almost any map, which makes opening the starchart a major chore (20+ for some missions to solo). I have spoken to people and the consensus is that this is happening because the rewards for SP are not with the extra difficulty, excluding incursions, which have thus far been the only way to open up nodes for me in any reasonable time. It's not great to have worked hard to open up a mode only to find it abandoned. There needs to be a reason to do Steel Path, to ensure that the ode has a population above 0.

sp is unfortunately pointless. like with raidjack - it's hardly ever played.
there are a few surv missions where there might be people, but that's about it. and certain missions for certain mods/mats are played solo.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PSN)Unstar:

The best way to complete Steel Path with other players is to do the daily Incursions; those are the missions that other players will be playing, so take advantage of them and do them each time you log in!

is this still played?
For me that was the only solution, because certain missions were solo hard and only possible with the best warframes and equipment.

17 minutes ago, rodrigerzZ said:

is this still played?
For me that was the only solution, because certain missions were solo hard and only possible with the best warframes and equipment.

Yep, it still is!  I don't always do them but when I do it's incredibly rare to not be matched.

24 minutes ago, rodrigerzZ said:

is this still played?

In the Europe region i get full lobbies even at 3 AM. 

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Just for reference I've done every interception solo

I'd love to see video of this. I've gone in to that mission a dozen times, and every single time it fails because it's impossible to keep control of more than one of the four nodes due to the SP increased enemy spawn rates.

20 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I'd love to see video of this. I've gone in to that mission a dozen times, and every single time it fails because it's impossible to keep control of more than one of the four nodes due to the SP increased enemy spawn rates.

I too did all interceptions solo... With tons of Energy pizzas and range-duration Vauban spamming his vortexes.

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

The spawn rates are still less then for a squad, but you have to get creative and move a lot. If you take Vauban (always a good choice) or Frost you can drop defensive abiltiies that slow them down. Take wisp or volt and have them dance the electic boogaloo, Add specters and an AoE weapon like the Ogris to proc heat on them, and the rest is just a frantic rush from node to node until the timer hits 100%.

Never was a fan of the incentivising that DE have been doing for SP, the mode with the least build variety. I was hoping that when they introduced it, it would remain a simple build testing mode where someone could try out a particularly powerful build to see how it does and then not feel like they had to burn all their mod slots just to play the game. Nowadays we got people treating the mode like it’s meant to be the default.

Although apparently it’s not default enough, plus players were already doing things like limiting their own build variety and stressing over opportunity cost before SP when the game definitely didn’t need it, so… *shrug*. Hearing that SP is so quiet is a little odd considering that it’s the community-defined badly-warped unbalanced inaccurate measuring stick for everything (though I don’t typically do multiplayer)

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

I didn't believe it either but it's actually so ridiculously easy if you have the right combination of warframe and abilities. Also sorry it was Europa, Ose that gave me problems.

Anyway, here's the link to my thread containing very useful info including a video from another. I did post a screenshot of the completed planet. Sorry no video. My xbox will only record 30s anyway.

43 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I didn't believe it either but it's actually so ridiculously easy if you have the right combination of warframe and abilities. Also sorry it was Europa, Ose that gave me problems. Anyway, here's the link to my thread containing very useful info including a video from another. I did post a screenshot of the completed planet. Sorry no video. My xbox will only record 30s anyway.

Interesting, thanks for the share. I'll have to give it a try with my Slowva, although I don't have Pillage available for subsuming.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I just did the Jupiter Interception solo and it was a close call, but succeeded. I used Khora and three specters. It would have been a lot easier and not need all three specters if I wasn't baked. 😉

On 2023-08-05 at 3:11 PM, Els236 said:

Balancing isn't the issue, it's the rewards.

SP nodes don't have any benefit over the typical nodes whatsoever. You get 3K credit cache on a level 5 mission - you get 3K credit cache on level 105 mission. What's the point in doing the harder version?

Maybe some steel Essence used to buy 5K of Kuva? wooooow.... /s

It's neither the balance nor the rewards. The star chart, whether in SP or normal mode, has favorites and hated nodes. Interception is among the most hated so players would rather not have that headache over again. One and done. DE can throw in gold arcanes and many players would avoid it. It's among the most difficult missions in SP, if you don't know how to coordinate well or have to try solo.

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

What Warframe and what weapons do you use? 

My favourite "easy solo Steel Path Interception" is using Vauban. Weapon matters less, but Proboscis Cernos, Lenz, and more speciality weapons can tend to have good utility. Like say a weapon to deal with Corpus Nullifier bubbles etc. 

Plus knowing a bit about the enemy behaviour in Interception can help too. For example, they tend to focus down on certain points, and naturally will tend to gravitate towards the points you have captured, for offence. Which in a way, lets you choose where most of the fighting will take place. At the beginning of the round, can make sense to choose a Point that is near another, that you will probably spend most of the time defending. So you take that point first, then move on to the next closest and or defensible point. At that point, enemies may start to route towards the first point you captured, so you could return to defend it a bit. 

With Vauban, your 4 will CC and suspend a lot of enemies, its only really the Eximus that you need to kill. Then you can capture another point. Most of the enemies will still be at the original point, and focused on that, albeit CCed. By the time you take the third point, you can return to cast another 4 or deal with any Eximus. Your other abilities are great for CC as well, whether its electrocuting enemies, or the Flechettes near Consoles that can damage enemies that manage to sneak by, but it also does decently at damaging Overguard. You can even use the Speed/Arrow pads to make enemies get pushed away from consoles, if you place them next to it. Its hilarious fun. 

Basically you don't need to kill most enemies, just CC them, and then you prioritise enemies you can't CC, like Eximus. 

I use Vauban as an example, quite a few Warframe have similar approach, just a bit different to work with their abilities as necessary. Khora, Nyx, Slova, Xaku, Gara, Frost, and a few others can make for great solo Steel Path Interception Warframes. 

Weapon like Proboscis Cernos can be good, because you may spot an enemy heading towards the Console whilst you are defending or capturing another point. You can shoot them from far and temp CC them. Ditto Lenz with forced Cold, and slow. Not necessarily about killing, just buying yourself time. 

To make it even easier, can even plant down an On Call Crew member at a point you captured, and they will do decently at defending it. Spectres as well, a Wisp Spectre will give you buffs, and another form of CC, command them to wait at a point. Can even thrown down a Clem, Ancient Healer, etc You don't need to, but they distract enemies decently, and make a relatively easy task easier. 

I can record a video if you would like, of any Interception being done solo, but It'll probably take a few hours, and genuinely, it may seem impossible, but once you have done it a few times, you'll find its very doable and even potentially easy. Plus I am sure such videos will exist on Youtube, plus, most importantly... the real difficulty in my opinion, is finding your preference for how to do it. You may not have or like using Vauban for example, but you may like Khora, or Nyx or so on. So its about finding a mix of what you want to use and what you find effective. I use to think Vauban was meh, until I started playing Steel Path and using him way more, and just got better at the game. Ditto Nyx, and a few others. 

In any case good luck on your future attempts. 

1 hour ago, Surbusken said:

Whoa wow wait a minute, you can have more than 1 specter? As in warframe specters?

I assume they meant different types of Spectres, like you can have a Warframe Spectre, and an Ancient Healer Spectre, and a Shield Osprey, and a Clem, and so on. I am not sure if you can have a Force and Vapor Spectre out at the same time (the different starred versions), I assume you can't. 

21 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

What Warframe and what weapons do you use? 

My favourite "easy solo Steel Path Interception" is using Vauban. Weapon matters less, but Proboscis Cernos, Lenz, and more speciality weapons can tend to have good utility. Like say a weapon to deal with Corpus Nullifier bubbles etc. 

Plus knowing a bit about the enemy behaviour in Interception can help too. For example, they tend to focus down on certain points, and naturally will tend to gravitate towards the points you have captured, for offence. Which in a way, lets you choose where most of the fighting will take place. At the beginning of the round, can make sense to choose a Point that is near another, that you will probably spend most of the time defending. So you take that point first, then move on to the next closest and or defensible point. At that point, enemies may start to route towards the first point you captured, so you could return to defend it a bit. 

With Vauban, your 4 will CC and suspend a lot of enemies, its only really the Eximus that you need to kill. Then you can capture another point. Most of the enemies will still be at the original point, and focused on that, albeit CCed. By the time you take the third point, you can return to cast another 4 or deal with any Eximus. Your other abilities are great for CC as well, whether its electrocuting enemies, or the Flechettes near Consoles that can damage enemies that manage to sneak by, but it also does decently at damaging Overguard. You can even use the Speed/Arrow pads to make enemies get pushed away from consoles, if you place them next to it. Its hilarious fun. 

Basically you don't need to kill most enemies, just CC them, and then you prioritise enemies you can't CC, like Eximus. 

I use Vauban as an example, quite a few Warframe have similar approach, just a bit different to work with their abilities as necessary. Khora, Nyx, Slova, Xaku, Gara, Frost, and a few others can make for great solo Steel Path Interception Warframes. 

Weapon like Proboscis Cernos can be good, because you may spot an enemy heading towards the Console whilst you are defending or capturing another point. You can shoot them from far and temp CC them. Ditto Lenz with forced Cold, and slow. Not necessarily about killing, just buying yourself time. 

To make it even easier, can even plant down an On Call Crew member at a point you captured, and they will do decently at defending it. Spectres as well, a Wisp Spectre will give you buffs, and another form of CC, command them to wait at a point. Can even thrown down a Clem, Ancient Healer, etc You don't need to, but they distract enemies decently, and make a relatively easy task easier. 

I can record a video if you would like, of any Interception being done solo, but It'll probably take a few hours, and genuinely, it may seem impossible, but once you have done it a few times, you'll find its very doable and even potentially easy. Plus I am sure such videos will exist on Youtube, plus, most importantly... the real difficulty in my opinion, is finding your preference for how to do it. You may not have or like using Vauban for example, but you may like Khora, or Nyx or so on. So its about finding a mix of what you want to use and what you find effective. I use to think Vauban was meh, until I started playing Steel Path and using him way more, and just got better at the game. Ditto Nyx, and a few others. 

In any case good luck on your future attempts. 

I assume they meant different types of Spectres, like you can have a Warframe Spectre, and an Ancient Healer Spectre, and a Shield Osprey, and a Clem, and so on. I am not sure if you can have a Force and Vapor Spectre out at the same time (the different starred versions), I assume you can't. 

Your post showcases exactly why people who always asks for reworks or "viability" often get it wrong. Loki, Vauban, Atlus, Limbo, Hydroid, Yareli, Caliban, etc are excellent at defending, distracting and modifying aggro. They all do this very well and, the abilities some players think are terrible, are actually really good when used as intended or creatively.

Warframes are situational but can be used outside of their element, especially in the hands of someone who thinks about the mission type. A low strength but wide range+high duration Frost can easily shut down enemies, while an Irradiating Disarm Loki is even more effective. Sleepy enemies aren't good fighters and big stone walls are hard to break through. Even enemies fighting a swarm of scarab beetles can stop a rushing swarm of enemies.

The bottom line is the tools are there but I think the leading message in this game is that only certain frames and weapons are worth it and only high endurance gameplay can determine useability. I'm happy your post discusses a different pathway. Thanks!!!

On 2023-08-06 at 11:22 PM, Surbusken said:

Whoa wow wait a minute, you can have more than 1 specter? As in warframe specters?

I used an ancient healer, a one star Warframe and an on call crew who is nuts and taunts enemies which is hilarious. I use him a lot (since he is free) for acolyte killing when I need to concentrate on defending the objective. Usually he one or two shots them as he’s very OP.

Archived