Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i paid plat for the new incarnons for the clamps, so i dont have to play duviri. . .

(XBOX)ONI Prowess

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

What's the point of clamps in that case? Like seriously, you could literally trade for unveiled rivens and buy the weapons. What do you even need them for?

You have Acrithis, who sells several items for Pathos Clamps, such as Orokin Reactor/Catalyst BP's, Forma BP's, Arcane Adaptors, and so on.

I wouldn't purpusely farm Clamps for that, butfor someone who does enjoy Duviri a lot, or for new players who spend a lot of time in it, the surplus clamps are a nice bonus for these rewards.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Im a big advocate for them to put clamps as a reward for Cuircuit, like 10/15 for normal / SP if you get to round 10. Thats a good 40-60 min and wouldnt destroy the economy.

I'd love this so much. Nowadays I only do Duviri to farm Clamps, and it's such a chore...

On the other hand, I do Circuit much more often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

You have Acrithis, who sells several items for Pathos Clamps, such as Orokin Reactor/Catalyst BP's, Forma BP's, Arcane Adaptors, and so on.

I wouldn't purpusely farm Clamps for that, butfor someone who does enjoy Duviri a lot, or for new players who spend a lot of time in it, the surplus clamps are a nice bonus for these rewards.

Again, you can literally buy all of those things with plat. Why would I spend the plat on incarnons for pathos clamps? 

3 hours ago, chaotea said:

Im a big advocate for them to put clamps as a reward for Cuircuit, like 10/15 for normal / SP if you get to round 10. Thats a good 40-60 min and wouldnt destroy the economy.

Yea, but then you could avoid Duviri gameplay almost entirely. It's pretty obvious why they've made no comment on several suggestions like these. I agree 100%. Even if you just make them a drop of 1 or 2 from Vor and Jackal instead of Rune Marrow, that would massively help over the long-term without being gamebreaking. 

• Like 1

I think DE will eventually offer easier access to gain the rewards but it wouldn't make much sense to do so. The goal is to promote gameplay. Of course not everyone is going to like or want to do what it takes to get the reward but that's to be expected with a massive amount of players. 

The other issue has to do with what happens after you get what you want, particularly too much of it. The vibe tends to fade. Therefore, it's much better to hear the "gimme" complaints than the "I got everything and now I'm bored" complaints.

DE just want playres to jump into every game mode. They seperated resources and reward accordingly. Circuit is going to have to do Duviri. And those living in Duviri will have to get into Circuit eventually. I still don't have any of my Drifter melee yet. Sill waiting for resoruces to drop elsewhere or the cost to go down.

it is pretty great that they give you the materials as well: evidence that someone at DE doesn't agree with all the grind.. but DE still has to get paid somehow. sadly, whatever the next grind is, if it's not a warframe or their signature weapon, you can bet it'll be something you WILL have to grind for if you want it. 

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

What's the point of clamps in that case? Like seriously, you could literally trade for unveiled rivens and buy the weapons. What do you even need them for?

I'm hoping I understand your question?

• In all situations, applying an Incarnon Genesis Adapter to a weapon requires Clamps; there is no way around this.
  • Buying the Incarnon Genesis Adapter with platinum also gives you all of the resources that are needed to apply it to your weapon, including Clamps.
  • So the purpose of the Clamps is that you can spend them to apply an Incarnon Genesis Adapter to your weapon.
  • This means you don't have to earn the Clamps you need in Duviri.
  • You cannot buy a weapon that already has an Incarnon Genesis Adapter on it.

Let me know if this clarifies things, I'm hoping it does!

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
tried to make it more succinct...did it work? D:

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it is pretty great that they give you the materials as well: evidence that someone at DE doesn't agree with all the grind.. but DE still has to get paid somehow. sadly, whatever the next grind is, if it's not a warframe or their signature weapon, you can bet it'll be something you WILL have to grind for if you want it. 

That's not what that interaction represents at all though. The reason it gives you the resources is because the adapter's resource cost is on installing, so you'd have to code a way where you upgrade your weapon for a Platinum cost instead of clamps instead of just buying a "bundle" that gives you the existing mechanics to do so. The existence of the bundle also ensures you can't buy multiples, because the market in Warframe is set up so that bundles can't be owned more than once. It's pretty obvious why the Platinum purchase exists the way it does, as it integrates better with existing systems without needing a ground-up solution.

It's still a complete failure of the Incarnon system to sell adapters for Platinum while addressing absolutely no player concerns about how the week-gates and reward structure feel to participate in, which is a substantial amount of feedback.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Again, you can literally buy all of those things with plat. Why would I spend the plat on incarnons for pathos clamps? 

Show us where the arcane adapters and kuva are up for plat purchase.

11 hours ago, Voltage said:

Yea, but then you could avoid Duviri gameplay almost entirely. It's pretty obvious why they've made no comment on several suggestions like these. I agree 100%. Even if you just make them a drop of 1 or 2 from Vor and Jackal instead of Rune Marrow, that would massively help over the long-term without being gamebreaking. 

Well, if you need the MR points, avoiding Duviri is not an option. Correct me if I am wrong.

Of course if one plans to hit MR 30, that could be an option but if one plans to hit LR3,  that is not an option.

13 hours ago, Voltage said:

It would still be quicker to do duviri, but it would just be nice to have an alternate way to farm them.

On 2023-08-08 at 9:43 PM, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

totally worth it for me.

would recommend if your on the fence.

A mistake, DE should never let people buy incarnons so you have to actually play the content (because screw you all who say content islands) and some "exclusive items" for those who need to stroke their ego over a virtual item for whatever reason instead of real life achievement

22 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

A mistake, DE should never let people buy incarnons so you have to actually play the content (because screw you all who say content islands) and some "exclusive items" for those who need to stroke their ego over a virtual item for whatever reason instead of real life achievement

Mmm what I dont get are the people complaining about content islands and then also refuse to play Duviri, which ties the main systems together into one mode while adding another more balanced system into the mix aswell. And overall Duviri is fairly well balanced when it comes to the spread of systems used, which with a full experience run is 60/40 split between Frame and Drifter, which can see further Frame use aswell through transference in the open landscape. Then how much you use the operator is up to each individual player, likely also based on what pulls you get before entering Duviri.

And then ontop of it all of Duviri rewards us with upgrades to take into the core game. So it couldnt be much less of a content island.