Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please get better rewards for steel path survival/defense?

Teekiru

I absolutely despise the fact that there are no "improved" rewards for steel path "endless" missions. I cannot count how many times I have done a survival or defense and almost every 5 waves/minutes we get a whopping 3000 credits. After the first planet I feel the rewards should be improved its kind of a slap in the face when you do something and Lotus tells you "we could not have done this without you" then proceeds to give us 3k credits lol.

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Thats the warframe mafia for you. Lotus gets 1 mill, the lone operative gets 997k, and you get the 3k.

Oh the credits isnt the annoying part. Its doing something designed to be harder than normal content and the rewards are no different even though the enemies are 100 levels higher, have 250% more health, armor and shields. You get the occasional acolyte spawn but even then those end up being more of a pushover than stalker lol. Just kind of seems like they were just like "well heres a higher difficulty (hopefully they dont notice rewards are the same) have fun yall!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teekiru said:

Oh the credits isnt the annoying part. Its doing something designed to be harder than normal content and the rewards are no different even though the enemies are 100 levels higher

That's the point, use the power you have on enemies that aren't made of wet paper. though now even steel path is like cardboard at best. powercreep is a thing.

24 minutes ago, Teekiru said:

I absolutely despise the fact that there are no "improved" rewards for steel path "endless" missions. I cannot count how many times I have done a survival or defense and almost every 5 waves/minutes we get a whopping 3000 credits. After the first planet I feel the rewards should be improved its kind of a slap in the face when you do something and Lotus tells you "we could not have done this without you" then proceeds to give us 3k credits lol.

I agree the credit cache amounts should be higher.  Since SP raises enemy tank stats by 2.5x, they should be 7500 credits.  Then everybody would be satisfied. ;)

1 minute ago, Teekiru said:

Oh the credits isnt the annoying part. Its doing something designed to be harder than normal content and the rewards are no different even though the enemies are 100 levels higher, have 250% more health, armor and shields. You get the occasional acolyte spawn but even then those end up being more of a pushover than stalker lol. Just kind of seems like they were just like "well heres a higher difficulty (hopefully they dont notice rewards are the same) have fun yall!"

In theory the rotation rewards shouldn't matter to the players in SP.  At that point--again, in theory--it's about essence and to a lesser extent the resource/credit bonuses.    Aside from whatever value people place on more enemies, and ones that don't die to a gentle tickle.

• Like 1

Your "improved" rewards are the steel essence points, weapon arcanes, additional mods dropped and extra resources collected. Selling those extra arcanes rewards a series amount of credit AND endo...which supports your modding. The extra resources support your Helminth modding and the steel essence supports everything from making riven use more efficient to granting the strongest mod set in the game (Umbra mods).

I think there's enough rewards bro. 

• Like 4

2 часа назад, Teekiru сказал:

I absolutely despise the fact that there are no "improved" rewards for steel path "endless" missions.

because the steel way was never meant to be a gamemode for better rewards. it was introduced for those who do not like to oneshot level 40 mobs. that's it

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

because the steel way was never meant to be a gamemode for better rewards. it was introduced for those who do not like to oneshot level 40 mobs. that's it

Tell that to the several updates that have been added with incentive to play new content in Steel Path. There's no harm in rewarding players a bit more in fundamental drop tables for dealing with these missions.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

1 минуту назад, Voltage сказал:

Tell that to the several updates that have been added with incentive to play new content in Steel Path

It just shows that a minority (more like around 1% of the current active player base) actually needed and asked for this mode.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

It just shows that a minority (more like around 1% of the current active player base) actually needed and asked for this mode.

I mean, that's just how progression works. Brand new players and extremely overpowered old players both make up the extremes of minorities. The vast majority of players are somewhere in the middle. Tutorials and late-game content worth the trouble are both vital to the structure of a game so that it is interesting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Merrcenary said:

The only thing stopping steel path from being accessible is how atrocious armor is, though. Because of how armor scales grineer simply arent fun to deal with and need the BS that is a juiced HuMu delivery system. Everything else has a simple way to deal with it.
Duviri mobs are the single most balanced mobs on steel path, having less armor than the corpus, lower health than grineer, but often having overguard and hitting much harder.
Corpus mobs are easily dealt with using toxin, which bypasses shields. 
Infested mobs are easily dealt with using basically anything, but also require you take certain defensive actions.
Grineer have enough armor that they just soak 99% of your damage, requiring stuff like slash procs to ignore it. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it's not gonna happen because long runs go against DE's design philosophy for the game: they've discouraged endurance runs and long periods of farming one mission for years now. 

So why does The Circuit work optimally in a 2+ hour single run for maxing the tiers? What you're referring to is an old past now. Everything these days is longer missions and scheduling content server cycles to keep you going in a habitual sense.

I was never a fan of the old way Steel Essence worked, and I don't think people are necessarily asking here for scaling rewards. The nice thing would be to just have slightly better starchart rewards. Getting Vitality and 80 Endo in Steel Path content is pretty lame.

• Like 7

They really should make SP accessible from the modless base, and thus every single build we can make, on top of more incentive to do the content. Better build variety and better rewards, none of this “You do the content with the least build variety and least incentive to engage with it”. We spend all this time grinding for new toys to play with them, how about giving us a place to play with them?

A better arguement everyone could look at would be mirrored defence and conjunction survival where on steel path you get more of the unique plasm and crystalites and yet if im farming pavlov for rime rounds its unchanged

Steel essence and arcanes don't matter if you don't need or want them nor 3k credits or 300 endo, the helminth doesn't even need resources unless your draining his balls all day, and the difficulty excuse

The index, The arena, Isolation vaults, the entire lvl system. Why have these if difficulty doesn't matter or is for overbuilding

You want difficulty start building around set mods and using less ranked mods, but if the game pushes the player into higher difficulty with low shop content don't expect me to care about that useless content when i bring it back down

If your obsessed with false difficulty such as bullet sponges, insta one shots and cheesing then don't be upset when your yifficulty is spoken poorly of

• Like 3

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

A better arguement everyone could look at would be mirrored defence and conjunction survival where on steel path you get more of the unique plasm and crystalites and yet if im farming pavlov for rime rounds its unchanged

Steel essence and arcanes don't matter if you don't need or want them nor 3k credits or 300 endo, the helminth doesn't even need resources unless your draining his balls all day, and the difficulty excuse

The index, The arena, Isolation vaults, the entire lvl system. Why have these if difficulty doesn't matter or is for overbuilding

You want difficulty start building around set mods and using less ranked mods, but if the game pushes the player into higher difficulty with low shop content don't expect me to care about that useless content when i bring it back down

If your obsessed with false difficulty such as bullet sponges, insta one shots and cheesing then don't be upset when your yifficulty is spoken poorly of

I doesn't matter if a player wants the reward offered over time. That's why there are other areas of the game that offers rewards a player may want. If someone is trying to push the same mission to its limits, then THAT should be the reward, not some fairy tale endless reward setup that would still have some dude show up here to ask for something different because they no longer "want or need" the endless rewards. 

Lastly, DE keeps saying this over and over and over: They do not want to encourage extended gameplay in one session. If they were to award that behavior, then it literally would go against their principles. 

• Like 2

On 2023-08-25 at 11:49 AM, Teekiru said:

I absolutely despise the fact that there are no "improved" rewards for steel path "endless" missions. [] its kind of a slap in the face when you do something and Lotus tells you "we could not have done this without you" then proceeds to give us 3k credits lol.

Well, you get SPE, the opportunity to kill an acolyte for the arcane, bonus relic and affinity blessings etc. The reward at end of mission could be a bit better for SP i suppose. Can't be that hard to code. If/then statements. The game already knows you're in SP so any relic drops can be radiant or at least improve intact status over the rounds to eventually reach radiant like in ESO, the boosters can be +30 min boosters after the mission and endo can be set to a 2x multiplier.

Edited by (XBOX)Player244024418
Grammar

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Well, you get SPE, the opportunity to kill an acolyte for the arcane, bonus relic and affinity blessings etc. The reward at end of mission could be a bit better for SP i suppose. Can't be that hard to code. If/then statements. The game already knows you're in SP so any relic drops can be radiant or at least improve intact status over the rounds to eventually reach radiant lime ESO, the boosters can be +30 min boosters after the mission and endo can be set to a 2x multiplier.

Yeah I am not saying "GIVE US ALL THE STUFF" but if there are already modifiers for mod drops (which in SP are the same mods that drop in normal) and what have I feel like it wouldn't be a huge change but just something to help feel like we are just beating up mobs for the same stuff waiting for an acolyte to spawn lol.