Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, Gladehart said:

Now y'see there's a problem with that statement. I've seen multiple people compare DE to bungie. And while I DO agree, there should be a cheaper bundle for those who either

A: Don't want some of the stuff in the pack

or

B: Just don't like supporting companies

I can definitely say Bungie is 10x worse than warframe. Lets start from the top. You bought Destiny 2. Dope! At least, On release it was! Now it's F2P! Hey, Remember all those DLCs we had in the game that actually had really fun story? Yeah, You can get the weapons from this thing in the wall instead, You don't want the story. At least, We don't care for it.

Hey, Here's an idea! Lets make our players PRE-ORDER a DLC to get an ENTIRE EXOTIC WEAPON for pre-ordering but it won't be available when the DLC actually releases. Only for those that pre-ordered.

Hey, Actually. That's not enough. Lets add entire battlepasses that have EXOTIC WEAPONS at the very end of them and you need to BUY the battlepass to get the catalysts to make them good.

Still not enough? Here, Lets add ENTIRE CLASSES locked behind our paywall DLCs that can still be used against you in our online PvP gamemodes where those subclasses are VERY CLEARLY unbalanced beyond belief.

While I understand you not liking DE currently. I can't believe you have the gall to compare them to literal pigs.

Did I said that DE are pigs?
No.
Did I criticized DE for pulling out Bungie/Tencent style crap that WE ALL DO NOT LIKE?
Yes.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ShogunGunshow said:

If they let the bundles exist as manipulative inflated garbage because refunds would be a lot of work, it's a pathetic excuse.

It is, as they have to abide by refund laws of other countries to begin with like Australia. They're just admitting they don't want to do the legal bare minimum of owning a company, and selling stuff to people.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, (PSN)TEAINSHENNON said:

Ya cept it's not but I'm sure those prices will be OK come warframe 1999 when you need to pay for it or just not have it or any content within

What? This sentence doesn't make any sense. Sorry. English is not my first language, but it seems it really does make zero sense.

It's just cosmetics... 100% inconsequential.

2 minutes ago, V2lkyr said:

They're clearly testing the waters to see how far they can go without community backlash.

Very healthy way to look at it :)))))
Everyone is out to get us!!! Nice.

1 minute ago, V2lkyr said:

They're clearly testing the waters to see how far they can go without community backlash.

Yep, coercive economics time, see how dumb the happy clappy white knight types are. If there's enough of a fuss, emit a bland PR backpedal announcements of minor changes which don't address the problem. Don't worry, we're on it, we're kicking you with purple boots now. Job done. Celebrate ten years by giving being our wallet pigs!

• Like 8

Plat isn't sufficient to justify the cost. If I wanted plat I can just trade for it without spending any money, or buy a plat bundle. This fails to address the community requests for less FOMO and/or a cosmetics-only option, which makes it baffling that people consider this an example of DE listening.  

At least tell us you needed the money for a new hearing aid!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

All I see here is someone who's been beaten down so hard by unethical practices in the game's industry that they accept being - nay, expect to be - taken advantage of. The kind of consumer that corporations salivate over, and gaming companies have been molding for decades: the consumer that advocates against their own interests.

The founder says...

About the topic, there's nothing to do with the unethical practices, everyone here can support the game the way they want, is not like Bungie that forces you to pay 3x the price of an DLC to deliver 10% of the content.

Edited by Vortex
  • Like 1

Just now, Salinero said:

Did I said that DE are pigs?
No.
Did I criticized DE for pulling out Bungie/Tencent style crap that WE ALL DO NOT LIKE?
Yes.

Bungie have done much worse. And are pigs. Literal dirt. They worked with activision, broke away from activision and are still using their tactics anyways.
I don't see DE as far down the hole as Bungie yet. That's a looooong way down to go yet.

• Like 3

So you ignored all the actual reasons people were mad and proceed to try and fob us off with more Plat.

Nope, you still haven't fixed anything. Still not giving DE another penny until they walk back this stupid price gouging FOMO crap.

Edited by Firand
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LoopStricken said:

If I played PoE and they did this, I'd complain.

When I started playing PoE I had a friend who is an honest to god whale in that game steer me the F away from the cosmetics for how expensive they are.

Played for weeks, and in all that time I can count all the times I saw someone with cosmetics from their shop or their FOMO bundles on one hand and have fingers left over.

1 minute ago, Cerikus said:

What? This sentence doesn't make any sense. Sorry. English is not my first language, but it seems it really does make zero sense.

Your the issue if you think 2 skins are worth a new game that's the point that's what they are trying to pull

• Like 2

Game development is getting higher guys and I don't know if you realized, but this is a F2P MMO.  This game is better than most $70 half baked games on the very expensive PS5.  These are premium items that everyone won't be able to get unfortunately.  I would love the option for a $50 or $60 bundle with just the skins, but clearly this is not their vision.  This is not life or death, this is amazing F2P video game that needs our support in any way possible.  It's only sexy cosmetic.

• Like 2

Just now, Vortex said:

The founder says...

The difference being that we chose to spend the money back then to support a game we believed in. I personally did it because I genuinely loved Dark Sector and wanted to see what these guys could do, especially once I found out that the Glaive was in the game. 

• Like 6

So I though Rockstar giving us a very shocking surprise with the port of the rdr 1 with the "fair price" of 50$. Now de giving us a "fair price" as well with the skins + let's be serious not even a new player will use that regal. Stop it before it's to late, don't become blizzard, ea please :).  

• Like 4

hace 14 minutos, 3mptylord dijo:

I don't mind the prices. It's cheaper than Prime Access. I'm glad the bundles now look better compared to Platinum prices - but I never thought the value of the packs was super-unreasonable before. I don't even mind the Limited Edition - especially since it's available until 2024. Plenty of time to decide if you want it. Limited Edition skins are a damn sight better than Limited Edition Primes - so I definitely prefer this to releasing a new Excalibur Prime for the 10 Years Founder Pack. I concede that you could just make the Accolade retire from the store rather than the entire bundle - it's only the "I was here in 2023" stamp that needs to be limited edition. You could add the skins to the Marketplace and the Signas to Prime Resurgence when the Bundle Sale ends. 

For me: it's the lack of separate Frost and Mag Bundles that bother me. The current Everything and EverythingPlus options just feel redundant. There's also the noticeable lack of an Accessories pack that I think a lot of players would appreciate. 

I created this mock-up initially with the Accolade Bundle boosted to 500 Platinum (a fairer amount compared to the price of Platinum) - but if you're boosting it to 1000, I'll gladly my image accordingly. The £32.99 bundles are based on the Prime Access prices - so while I've removed the £45.99-tier, I suspect there'd be an increase in £32.99 sales to match the previous projected income. You're a free-to-play game - it's hard to justify complaints about you monetizing cosmetics. 

bykoSV3.jpg

No. The Frost and Mag Deluxe Skins (and ONLY those 2 Skins) should be sold for Platinum
Make it very expensive, 550PL for each Warframe, but open these Skins to the Community

Proud Of You Yes GIF

• Like 10

This is not we asked at all we hate FOMO tactics which didn't  address at all. what's the point of  creating content that will be impossible to get in 4 month at least make it so that after year ends collection will be available for plat in game instead of making it unavailable forever 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cerikus said:

Firstly, cosmetics mean a lot more to some ppl like me. They are one of the top 3 reasons i play games. And secondly the guy is simply stating a rational conclusion he's come to. They have shown us what they are doing so the statement is not "unhealthy" its a realistic theory.

In my opinion.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

This post is just damage control, and for a decision Megan (and the community team) aren't really responsible for making.

The feedback presented to them dates back to 5 and even 8 years. Adding Platinum is the bare minimum. If DE were committed to having a fair situation, they wouldn't have launched like this in the first place.

Ohi Voltage, long time no see. Hope you've been alright :D

This post is just damage control, and for a decision Megan (and the community team) aren't really responsible for making.

Yeah, that's 100% true. Then again, that's part and parcel of being community manager - You're essentially the middleman.

The feedback presented to them dates back to 5 and even 8 years.

I can't quite think of what you're exactly referring to, but I'd love to know more.

Adding Platinum is the bare minimum.

Yup, totally agreed. The prices were kind of outrageous without it.

If DE were committed to having a fair situation, they wouldn't have launched like this in the first place.

I understand what you mean by this, but I don't fully agree. They 100% did have the capacity to think this through more before sending it out in its current state, but seeing all the surrounding circumstances, I don't think it was anything malicious.

They definitely have to up the ante on their commitment to make it better, though, the current statement does not instill a lot of confidence.

• Like 2

This was probably the only way to do it with these pack since they where already sold but there should be better purchase options if there is ever going to be another Heirloom Pack.

Also I disagree that it would be unfair if to those that already bought it if it was no longer time sensitiv. As someone who owns old sought after time limited cosmetics in multiple games I would love for them to be available to everyone.

Bringing the Heirloom packs back every few years is the least that should happen otherwise this would be an unnecessary greedy move in Warframes otherwise great history regarding monetization and lack of FOMO.

Optimally the skins should become permanent and just the accolades should disappear at the end of the year, which would still be an incentive to buy them now and eliminate the FOMO on the part that most people care about.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Petroklos said:

I'm sorry but you can't be serious. There's many positive ways to look at the bundles, the change, DE's post, but to say that it is cheap is just crazy talk.

I mean. If we're going off of the value of the pack by "cheap" then kinda? The 2100 platinum pack (£65.99) is more expensive than the entire 10 year bundle (£59.99). 2100 plat, both skins, signas, accolade and Regal Aya.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Tigerfantom said:

Game development is getting higher guys and I don't know if you realized, but this is a F2P MMO.  This game is better than most $70 half baked games on the very expensive PS5.  These are premium items that everyone won't be able to get unfortunately.  I would love the option for a $50 or $60 bundle with just the skins, but clearly this is not their vision.  This is not life or death, this is amazing F2P video game that needs our support in any way possible.  It's only sexy cosmetic.

Stop ️ de makes more than enough off the current system at hand this is a test to see if they can scummily charge the price of a full game for a few skins the plt and aya are irrelevant as you can buy those on there own and are de valued when handled this way that's all this is nothing more

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, (PSN)TEAINSHENNON said:

Your the issue if you think 2 skins are worth a new game that's the point that's what they are trying to pull

Ok, I will say it very, VERY slowly.

The skins are virtual item in a videogame. THEY ARE WORTH LITERALLY NOTHING.

The real question is: Does DE deserve my 90$ for providing me with 5802.7 hours of free game?

I had a hell of a time for the past 2 years in Warframe and I am more than happy to give back to DE, if I can do it by buying amazing skins, nice.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JariWeis said:

Ohi Voltage, long time no see. Hope you've been alright :D

Yeah, that's 100% true. Then again, that's part and parcel of being community manager - You're essentially the middleman.

I can't quite think of what you're exactly referring to, but I'd love to know more.

Yup, totally agreed. The prices were kind of outrageous without it.

I understand what you mean by this, but I don't fully agree. They 100% did have the capacity to think this through more before sending it out in its current state, but seeing all the surrounding circumstances, I don't think it was anything malicious.

They definitely have to up the ante on their commitment to make it better, though, the current statement does not instill a lot of confidence.

I agree with all of this ^

And I agree with Volt, all this is just Damage control and excuses

• Like 1