The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

As someone that bought the Zenith pack day 1, I will admit this is nice. 

However, it seems to completely miss the mark regarding the complaints. I'm sure this thread is filled with this info being repeated over and over, but just split the desireable items (the cosmetics) into their own bundles or a lower tier without the stupid Aya and Platinum padding it out. If this were an option, I would personally still buy the larger pack, it doesn't have to go, especially since people have already bought it. But give the people that want to support the game but don't have the means for the more expensive packs or people that just want one of the skins the option to do what they want. 

Prime access doesn't have this issue. The items for the most part are all obtainable in-game. The cosmetics and other items that aren't are in their own pack. And still people buy the larger pack that includes everything like the Plat. Plus, these items come back during resurgence occasionally where you can even more precisely pick individual things yoy want. It can't possibly take away more than it makes by offering a choice. 

I love you guys and I love this game, but this is a bit rediculous, don't you think?

• Like 14

How about you guys do a little round table discussion about such things BEFORE you implement even more bad ideas upon your "BREAD AND BUTTER" aka your players who have allowed you to drive your nice cars and have conventions.  These kinds of things should have been thought of BEFORE, not after the fact.  Why would you make anything FOMO unless you really are in shame spiral that is out of control.  You don't NEED to make ANY cosmetic item so expensive that it becomes more costly than an ENTIRE GAME.   You want our support by dangling a 24k gold carrot with a timer attached all in the name of what, improving your bonus this Quarter.  Just imagine if the majority of your THOUSANDS of players bought a "support pack" for $20 instead of a select few who choose to spend the $100 and be the cool kids on the block!  Maybe have your financial wizards run a few sales projections at various price points BEFORE you commit to anything so you  don't end up having to back peddle YET AGAIN because of poor decisions being made by [ Who exactly is making these bad business decisions]? I wouldn't want to be the person who signed off on this mess.  Every time you pull these shenanigans you lose a bit of respect and credibility with the community that IS SUPPORTING YOU!  Without US you would have no jobs, so maybe rethink your marketing strategies; else you may need to update your resume on LinkedIn.  It's been 10 years and this is what you have to show for it?  FOMO is NOT a good look especially when attached to a Tiffany's Price Tag of Trinkets and Cosmetics.  No amount of Plat or Regal Aya will make it worth the high cost of supporting FOMO tactics.   I don't need DE to make me feel subpar because I can't afford a ONCE IN A LIFETIME Cosmetic, but oopsies, too late!  Tough Break Kiddo, back of the bus!

Thanks DE!

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Gladehart said:

I mean. If we're going off of the value of the pack by "cheap" then kinda? The 2100 platinum pack (£65.99) is more expensive than the entire 10 year bundle (£59.99). 2100 plat, both skins, signas, accolade and Regal Aya.

Oh yeah, when comparing it to the raw Platinum Bundles it's amazing value* after this change, but I wouldn't call either "cheap".

*Assuming you need/want the Plat and Regal Ayan, and you're not on PC with its 75% off vouchers.

Edited by Petroklos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChronaticL said:

You see, this is the reason we cant have good changes. Whales are still ganna be  "oh, you just dont buy the pack if you dont like it, it doesnt effect you what other people do with their money." We could had skin sold seperately from the bundle, but becasue whales gonna be whales, we have to settle down to this bandaid of a "fix".

Good job, my dear community. You voted with your wallet again and got what you deserved.

Lol

I mean, refunds exist. DE could do that. They're just choosing to ignore it as an option and hoping people don't remember that they're a thing.

• Like 8

People want to grind them out for free or with the piles of plat they already have, so they're not going to be happy with anything less than that. Personally, this is exactly what I expected would happen, from a financial perspective, if they did what you guys wanted they'd be alienating their biggest whales in favor of the people who likely don't spend much... ofc they're not going to do that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sokastocal said:

As someone that bought the Zenith pack day 1, I will admit this is nice. 

However, it seems to completely miss the mark regarding the complaints. I'm sure this thread is filled with this info being repeated over and over, but just split the desireable items (the cosmetics) into their own bundles or a lower tier without the stupid Aya and Platinum padding it out. If this were an option, I would personally still buy the larger pack, it doesn't have to go, especially since people have already bought it. But give the people that want to support the game but don't have the means for the more expensive packs or people that just want one of the skins the option to do what they want. 

Prime access doesn't have this issue. The items for the most part are all obtainable in-game. The cosmetics and other items that aren't are in their own pack. And still people buy the larger pack that includes everything like the Plat. Plus, these items come back during resurgence occasionally where you can even more precisely pick individual things yoy want. It can't possibly take away more than it makes by offering a choice. 

I love you guys and I love this game, but this is a bit rediculous, don't you think?

Not to mention alongside your access point those who can't pay the 60$ on day 1 can wait till resurgence and pay 20$ later to get it but with this that's not possible 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sir_Androidno17 said:

I purchased the pack Day 1ish.

I have no need for Plat and Aya and I can see the frustration for people not wanting to pay a higher price. I also understand why they would resist a cheaper bundle etc as to not put out the people who purchased it already. But for me I have a great solution.

Keep all the packs as they are and offer the skins and cosmetics at a lower price individually too and for the people who purchased the pack originally like myself give an "Heirloom token" that can be used on the next Heirloom pack to maybe get one of the skins for free.

What a great idea!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cephalon_kiba said:

People want to grind them out for free or with the piles of plat they already have, so they're not going to be happy with anything less than that. Personally, this is exactly what I expected would happen, from a financial perspective, if they did what you guys wanted they'd be alienating their biggest whales in favor of the people who likely don't spend much... ofc they're not going to do that.

Shame too, that they only care about Porfit, no pun intended here 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

i will point out as a side note for this

"exclusive time limited packs " obsidian and jade have prior had skins + plat that are time limited and require IRL cash :  ivara, valkyr  rhino excalibur ect 

but these are fairly cheap and not a problem 

Reveal hidden contents

Image - Exclusive Jade Excalibur Skin.jpeg | WARFRAME Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Warframe: EXCLUSIVE OBSIDIAN AZURA COLLECTION

also of note for deluxe skins the Grendel one was FOMO 

Hide contents

Grendel Nian Skin | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

This bundle was only available for purchase from February 15th until March 7th, 2022.

Grendel deluxe is still there in the Market.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gladehart said:

I mean. It's just a skin. And only a skin. Ig you're that concerned about missing out on a skin then... I dunno man.

Plus, The Regal Aya is for the people that do not own the frames. Because they are both in prime resurgence currently.

The irony of a 10 year celebration pack for newer players. I have always applauded DE and sang their praises for allowing the trading of plat in game, allowing those that do not have the money to aleast acquire market items they really like. The bit that gets me and really hurts is the 10 year celebration nature of the pack being gated behind one of the highest price points to date :'( .

For those of us in the veteran camp, this is really starting to hurt. I buy platinum to support DE and the fantastic team within, usually having a fairly decent surplus, I dont buy it to then see rogue packs like this crop up that undermine the spirit of Warfame and DE as a whole.

Please learn from this. We can live without the skins but the knowledge of this being the potential new norm really makes me atleast think twice about the actual value of plat.

*fingers crossed*

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, Gladehart said:

Bungie have done much worse. And are pigs. Literal dirt. They worked with activision, broke away from activision and are still using their tactics anyways.
I don't see DE as far down the hole as Bungie yet. That's a looooong way down to go yet.

It's still worth warning someone when they are standing on the edge of said pit. It's a lot easier to prevent the jump than it is to try and catch them and drag them back out.

• Like 7

Look, as someone who did purchase the pack -and I'll admit I've purchased a lot of things, I still wish there was an option to not have the regal aya nor the platinum in the pack just to pad up the price. I'm only buying these things because I can. Yet, both of those things (aya+plat) are useless to me at this point in the game, I'd rather there be a bundle option with just cosmetics and nothing else, and I don't understand why you must force those things into packs now just for inflated monetary value even for those of us who do have the option/ability to buy high price tag bundles. It's starting to get out of even my price range these days. Even as someone who likes buying packs, Regal Aya will never be worth the price tag you guys have put upon it. The new system was genuinely upsetting to see and I'm still frustrated with it, the pricings just hurt to look at and sticking to the old pack system would have been a lot nicer for people's wallets mine included. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who normally can't afford buying packs in the first place was completely put off from buying anything prime access related because of how janky the price system is for regal aya. And, y'know, this FOMO thing will probably look bad for when people try to recommend the game, because how are we going to trust you aren't going to sneak this into more things? I understand the appeal with aya is to buy things piecemeal, but...it's not a fun purchasing process trying to get the right amount. FOMO isn't a fun bait tactic either when you guys have made it a habit to recycle / repeat events so there's no FOMO, just wait times.

I just hope you guys don't follow the same paid cosmetic FOMO like other games and suddenly make it the standard, it's just not fun. It's obvious people still want to buy cosmetics, and love the work put into them, but don't do this to us. We're choosing to play warframe and buy things you produce over other games for a reason. Are you being realistic about these pricings and whats included in them anymore? This is the value of buying an entire other game (or multiple at this point) or a skin pack, prime access or regal aya. This could be someone's entire month's worth of spending money these days. Make it worth it and accessible to other people than just people like me.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Shame too, that they only care about Porfit, no pun intended here 

Tennocon 2023 absolutely showed us that all they care about is profit... totally, 100%, yeah. Your reply is totally not only a stuck up and unnecessary attack.

Edited by Cerikus
  • Like 3

plats are welcome for sure, you also need consider how much you buy with 2100 plats

2100 plats means pretty much duviri arcanes and thats it (for pc) or a few horse for duviri+arcanes and done 100 dollars

2 skins, 2 accesories, 6 regal aya for 100 dollars probly not even blizzard does that in overwatch

What veterans, or supporter guys want like me?:

New UI? Theme? 10 tau shards? 6 umbra formas?

Again 100 dollars guys, bring us something special

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Azilian said:

The irony of a 10 year celebration pack for newer players. I have always applauded DE and sang their praises for allowing the trading of plat in game, allowing those that do not have the money to aleast acquire market items they really like. The bit that gets me and really hurts is the 10 year celebration nature of the pack being gated behind one of the highest price points to date :'( .

For those of us in the veteran camp, this is really starting to hurt. I buy platinum to support DE and the fantastic team within, usually having a fairly decent surplus, I dont buy it to then see rogue packs like this crop up that undermine the spirit of Warfame and DE as a whole.

Please learn from this. We can live without the skins but the knowledge of this being the potential new norm really makes me atleast think twice about the actual value of plat.

*fingers crossed*

exactly it really feels like a stab in the back and the fact this pack contains accolade for money makes it even worse.

a player that played the game for maybe a year or two isnt a "10 years supporter"

• Like 8

player all platform that buy heirloom packs got rest that platinum? and i hope increase regal aya to 10 too, or 12 i hope that.
i buy it bcs i want to support that i play this game from beta(around late 2012 or 2013) at my 1st account then purchase founder. then long after few year that i stop play wf then come back again to play around 2016. i forgot my email and password and ign that i use for 1st account. (OMG) i really lost my first account.
and other reason i think its limited only like founder(that i lost my first account). know that heirloom pack not limited time makes me little disappointed but in same time feel like better to make not limited.
other reason i buy is:
1. skin is awesome cool frost skin and beauty mag skin
2. story that my first frame mag and first prime is frost in this 2nd account
3. i guess limited time only(that now i know its not) like founder pack and have special badge because release them at 10year celebration that is very very special moments in history wf
4. i got blind and my hand auto click purchase (just joking)

maybe that 10yr will make better and i tenno want brand new big orbiter like we hope when see railjack (that got little disappointed not become new home orbiter)
its 10year already we eat,sleep,crafting,etc in same orbiter. i hope there brand new orbiter soon...
thanks for 10years! we had happy, sad, and all emotional for 10y playing warframe that i can't move on from. sorry for my bad english.
HAVE FUN TENNO see ya in game~ 👋

Edited by AngelDKnight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gladehart said:

I mean. It's just a skin. And only a skin. Ig you're that concerned about missing out on a skin then... I dunno man.

Plus, The Regal Aya is for the people that do not own the frames. Because they are both in prime resurgence currently.

Ya see the issue is why add the Aya then just add the frames then the price would make a Lil more logical sense but they didn't do it to give you the frames that's irrelevant they did it to say oh but look at all the nothing your getting

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We are increasing Platinum to all Heirloom Packs to bring them alongside Prime Access standards:

[...]

In doing so, we are able to increase the value of pack contents

This is BS. Plat can be bought at a discount, unlike those packs, or even traded ingame; whatever value it adds is questionable...

More options at a reasonable price, without any filler nobody wants, is all you needed to do, you keep missing the mark, DE.

• Like 4

So….i get more Plat (again, i remember the Regal Aya Plat upgrade, seems you forgett very fast what counts….) but i can not buy the Skins with Plat¿ Kind of useless.

And this FOMO BS.

Is this the influence from Tencent or just a change in a strange direction from DE¿

Like Destiny 2 has change Bungo and Truman say - „Beware of overdelivery“…..

Edited by (PSN)eXe-mplar
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Greetings, Tenno!

We’re back in action after TennoCon 2023 - and our number one priority is addressing the community’s reaction to the Heirloom Collection.

We missed the mark here and understand the feedback we're receiving because of it. After taking some time to review and evaluate our options based on the concerns, we have opted to increase the Platinum amounts in all Heirloom Packs. 

The Feedback we can address for the current Heirloom Collection:

“The value of the Packs does not justify the price point.”

Our Change to Address:

We are increasing Platinum to all Heirloom Packs to bring them alongside Prime Access standards:

• Increase Platinum in Risen Pack: 400 to 800
  • Add Platinum in Celestial Pack: 800
  • Increase Platinum in Zenith Pack: 600 to 2100

*The Platinum will be delivered via in-game Inbox to accounts that have already purchased the respective Packs. We are coordinating our efforts now to arrange the Inbox send, and Hotfix required. We will signal when the Inbox has been delivered on all Platforms.

Similar to how Regal Aya bundles launched with no Platinum and were met with strong feedback, we agree Heirloom Packs need more value to justify their status.  

This decision was made to address the feedback and maintain the expectations we had set for players upon the release of the Heirlooms (time exclusivity and Pack contents). In doing so, we are able to increase the value of pack contents in a way that does not remove any value for Tenno who have bought them. We do not feel it would be fair to those who purchased an Heirloom Collection already with the understanding that they were time-limited to now remove that element. Those who have purchased simply get more, and ultimately they are now a good Platinum deal with exclusive Cosmetics.

Heirloom Collections are intended to be unforgettable (for the right reasons) - we are also discussing ways we can better preserve that feeling of legacy, quality, and prestige for future Heirloom Collections (if we make more).

We truly appreciate your feedback and concerns and recognize the responsibility we have in ensuring that any new directions we take with cosmetic exclusives are done with much more careful consideration. The Heirlooms were designed with the celebratory nature of this year's TennoCon and 10-year anniversary, and it's on us to ensure that you, as a player, feel that we are upholding years of lessons learned when it comes to selling cosmetic exclusives. If we continue with this series, we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch.

Thank you, Tenno!

I think this is fair the limited time is also fair.The pack is supposed to be for supporting 10 years of warframe,maybe separating the skins themselves but I don’t have an issue anymore.