Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

Well, there's the answer to my litmus test. See ya every Friday night for 3 hours with my fellow Tenno. Why am I not giving it up entirely? My friends and I made some great memories in this game and they won't stop.

But I will for the rest of my week. Good lord, what a tone deaf response, DE.

• Like 18

5 minutes ago, Tekhartha said:

I'm giving Larian studios my $90, you know what let's make it $125 I'm getting the collectors edition of Baldur's Gate 3 even tho I already own the game and finished it twice. They deserve it way more than you do DE.

Btw. What is your opinion on the fact Karlach never gets a happy end and they're only now adding an ending where she doesn't go back into a slavery or burn herself to death from the inside out?

3 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

This is one of the worst things about this pack, while prime access gives new sets of armor that already has normal f2p versions this pack introduces a WHOLE NEW TYPE this can ONLY be accessed with 70$ 

and how do we know we'll never get signas? 

for starters, we could totally wait out the next few months for the next major update/prime access packs to see if they'll be implemented outside the heirlooms

• Like 1

Just to add, I've been playing this game for 10 years, I don't need your damn aya, I already have everything I want

Last time I checked Steam, I spent roughly 1600€ in the game, do you really think I'd spend 80€ for two skins & some inflating stuff I don't need nor want?

• Like 12

Just now, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

and how do we know we'll never get signas? 

for starters, we could totally wait out the next few months for the next major update/prime access packs to see if they'll be implemented outside the heirlooms

They said during tennocon that this is only their FIRST heirloom pack or something along these lines it's very possible signas will be exclusive to this if it becomes a thing

• Like 1

Just now, PublikDomain said:

So you mean DE actually listened to feedback and made it a permanent skin? 🤔

Though I'll add that to my list, guess DE has tried doing more FOMO deluxe skins. Didn't last long and that was a big win.

correct , overall i also recall minor IRL packs such as the deimos one with the carrion infested drone being time exclusive 

IIRC the lunar items such as lucky kavat statues and tiger floof are still exclusive to the bundles 

Spoiler

Warframe - New Lunar Skins & Decoration - YouTube

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Heirloom Collections are intended to be unforgettable (for the right reasons) - we are also discussing ways we can better preserve that feeling of legacy, quality, and prestige for future Heirloom Collections (if we make more).

DE literally "Pride and Accomplishment"ing us in 2023.

• Like 19

En 30/8/2023 a las 15:46, Cerikus dijo:

They've been doing this for years, every single season, 4 times a year. With every season there are supporter packs that contain armor sets, skins, special effects and decorations (all cosmetic only) and the pack also contains PoE currency (Points). It's virtually the same thing, almost seems like DE tried to copy them. However, Warframe community is much more sensitive it seems. PoE players are more understanding of the importance to support the gamedeveloper that provides them with endless free content it seems.

Stop comparing Warframe with POE, they are not the same type of game in the first place. I'm tired of this POE's mantra. I've been playing POE  for many years and what I usually spend money on is to enlarge inventory and similar things. I don't need 30 different skins and i think the ppl who think need to buys all of that is a rather fat whale or someone with no responsibilities and much money. In poe I have only one skin and I can use it with all my characters I don't need to buy an exclusive skin for a specific class with extra padding that I don't want. 

You know, this particular case in POE would be reverent nonsense since skins in POE work differently.
------------------------------------------------

You know I really want the skins but I don't need the RA or the Platinum. But I have to spend to have both things that I don't need it, I want the skins and that's the it's main point in the discussion.

PS: Takes me a few hours to sell a few mods or parts and make 1000+p (which I only do when I need platinum).

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
Add text
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, ShardPerson said:

Bundling the stuff people want with stuff that's not wanted but is technically expensive so they can mark up prices significantly is actually illegal in some places and could absolutely get them in trouble already. Releasing the skins separately and undoing the timed exclusivity, and refunding anyone who bought in because of the predatory tactic of making skins only available in a super expensive bundle is the right move in all circumstances.

It'd be ethically right. But again my comments are not ethical evaluations of how things ought to be, they are evaluations of why DE would take this course of action as it has so many times before this as well (this is not the first time DE has done something like this and they've never decreased monetary prices. Instead they give addtional digital goodies).

It is frankly amazing how few on the internet seem to be able to tell the difference between personal and impersonal takes. Oh well I guess it comes with the times we live in.

Edited by BETAOPTICS
  • Like 3

All this stuff about predatory tactics and FOMO. You have a year to decide, it's up to you to figure out if it's worth it or not. This does not however change the fact that it's ugly. DE adding platinum to the pack to "sweeten the deal" doesn't change the fundamental issues regarding the packs. People only cared for the skins / some only cared about the halos. It's not fair to the players to just go "oh yeah here's a limited time pack for 2 super cool skins" and sweep the 30/60/90$ price tag under the rug by adding some Aya and platinum when you only marketed the skins. Just some thoughts.

• Like 9

The only ethical path forward is:

- Release new bundles without the Regal Aya, or release all of the cosmetics in the Heirloom pack separately, they can be kept paid only, but they must be purchasable individually, with no filler to mark up the prices

- Get rid of time exclusivity and make a public statement that it will not be attempted again, manipulative FOMO tactics taint the good work that the team does on Warframe, who wants their work to be perverted with predatory monetization to take advantage of people vulnerable to such tactics?

- Issue an apology, and provide refunds or appropriate reward to anyone who has already purchased the set but realizes that they didn't want the bundle, they only wanted part of it and were forced to buy the bundle due to the lack of options.

• Like 23

you people who are complaining about it being a FOMO tactic you need to get your heads out of your asses and understand that 10 year anniversaries don't stay once it's over so the fact that they are time limited is completely fine especially since from what I was informed they will not disappear until the end of the year so still plenty of time to get them think about Excal prime guess what that was a time exclusive and guess what it was top support the devs so here you people are complaining about how you wanted cheaper packs and you don't like some of the stuff in the packs and how it's time limited how about you think about the fact that the game has survived 10 years and is still going strong with so much more yet to come as well as supporting 2 skin devs that left and came back to celebrate the 10 years that it's been going for and stop complaining every 5 seconds about really petty and shocking stuff I missed excal prime because I didn't know about the game but you don't see me complaining about how I want it or anything grow up and just be happy for the devs and the team ffs because seeing all this is getting tiresome also you do realize that 98% of DE is owned by the Chinese company Tencent so some of the choices may not even be completely DE's choosing

Edited by RX0UnicornGM
  • Like 1

I have to say I agree with many here: the prices are not justified. Not about what is inside the packs, but by themselves.

Decades ago, one man may earn enough to meet the needs of his whole family. Today, both parents can't even earn enough to watch a film in a theatre. In a time of world money and climate crisis, you ask your players too much, without even giving them the opportunity to buy a skin-only bundle (without platinum or so) or even separate skin bundles (still without platinum or so).

How do you think, DE, your players could react to that? I do imagine DE teams did work hard on their skins and demo video for the TennoCon, and they have to be rewarded for that. But did you even think about the fact that more and more people are POOR? I remember you sometimes offer your players some -75% tickets for platinums, and that's great. But you can't force your players to spend so much money for things they perhaps don't want (like ayas or platinum).

Please DE, do not forget all those players, that are a big part of your audience, nor the players who would only want the skins, and just the skins. Forgetting them is unfair.

• Like 20

Awesome!!!!! Love the fact we’re getting more bang for our buck. Love the time exclusive bit too as we get something that becomes unique to us as time goes on.

though my only complaint is the regal aya in the pack. I personally don’t really care for it as I still don’t have any use for this currency.

Edited by (XBOX)RWBY SuperHydra
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

It'd be ethically right. But again my comments are not ethical evaluations of how things ought to be, they are evaluations of why DE would take this course of action as it has so many times before this as well (this is not the first time DE has done something like this and they've never decreased monetary prices. Instead they give addtional digital goodies).

It is frankyl amazing how few on the internet seem to be able to tell the difference between personal and impersonal takes. Oh well I guess it comes with the times we live in.

lowering prices =/= offering new bundle options

• Like 5