Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Death of the Decaying Dragon key !

0_The_F00l

57 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

I'm a little confused could y'all clarify? So shield gate invulnerability time is effected by total modded shields. Also it doesn't matter how much shields you recover (say you equip a single augur mod) as long as you recover even some shields, you will always get the full invulnerability time? Also how does overshields effect invulnerability time in relation to abilities like condemn and pillage?

Shield gate scales off of the amount of shields you have, the more shields, the more shield gate duration you get, meaning that lower shields = shorter shield gate while having like 1000 shields equals longer shield gate. If you don't have full shields, shield gate now varies off of the amount you had before getting hit, so having 300/500 shields would still give 1 second of shield gate. 

However, if you still want old shield gate, they are adding a corrupted mod that gives you the equivalent of current shield gate + dragon key.

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 1

Nothing much really changes for me, i just have to make room for a new corrupted mod. Honestly i saw this coming, no way decaying dragon key would stay forever, could've been worse but it ended up being a minor inconvenience instead of destruction of a playstyle. i am glad  

• Like 3

It is a good change. And the deal for the players that used the key I think is fair, since now they need to spend a mod slot. Plus it will make it work in places like Circuit, which the key didnt since gear items arent usable there. Also a nice improvement overall for us that didnt use the key or relied on shield gate really, since we'll get more durable shields out of it, plus the delay reduction mods look very appealing to Hildryn and Gauss. I wonder if there will be a % cap on them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Tanta Cinta said:

Decaying Dragon Keys aren't quite dead, DE just stuffed them in a band-aid mod that essentially reverts all the shield-gating nerfs back to what we have now at the cost of 13 mod points.

There really is no need to use dragon keys outside of opening vaults and personal preferences.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Cringe.

Yes, it is but some of the for and against over the years have been cringe-worthy.

7 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Normally yes , but i am seeing very little fighting this time around , almost everyone is agreeing its a good change.

Could it be ? are we evolving into a peaceful society?

I'm actually surprised the latest threads on topics haven't been locked by now, so you might be onto something there.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Normally yes , but i am seeing very little fighting this time around , almost everyone is agreeing its a good change.

Could it be ? are we evolving into a peaceful society?

Haha. You must be kidding.

The changes haven’t even dropped; when they arrive, we’ll see. There’s potentially going to be a lot of unexpected dying and risk for players when they’ve worked so hard to avoid it

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Haha. You must be kidding.

The changes haven’t even dropped; when they arrive, we’ll see. There’s potentially going to be a lot of unexpected dying and risk for players when they’ve worked so hard to avoid it

i suspect you are right , there will of course be those that dont actually check whats in the update and just go in expecting things to always stay the same and then get surprised that there are changes after an update and then whine without actually checking.

but "worked so hard to avoid it" is rather exaggerated espceially when talking about a borderline exploit,

when means to get to the same point will also be made available, legitimately , on top of already giving players more survivability than before thanks to all the changes.

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

<Loads shotgun>

Sorry, what?

*clears throat* *unsheaths knife* *whistles for pet panther* *nudges to sniper in the nest* *arms proximity mines* *stretches*

i said , we might be evolving into a peaceful society.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

i suspect you are right , there will of course be those that dont actually check whats in the update and just go in expecting things to always stay the same and then get surprised that there are changes after an update and then whine without actually checking.

but "worked so hard to avoid it" is rather exaggerated espceially when talking about a borderline exploit,

when means to get to the same point will also be made available, legitimately , on top of already giving players more survivability than before thanks to all the changes.

We’ll see how much more survival we get; DE are designing a game with intent to kill us to introduce some element of risk to facilitate engaging gameplay while giving us options for how we approach the fight, it’s the players that are searching for the best ways to remain invincible (such as shieldgate abuse). The changes from what I’ve seen seem tame enough; it’ll take time to see just how much more survival we get from the fundamentals and the various builds/loadouts we can make/where we can take them as well as what the players do and what potential exploits are discovered to avoid death as thoroughly as they always do

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

31 minutes ago, Ghastly-Ghoul said:

I personally think that when our frames die, we should be ejected from the mission and our frames will be unusable or a period of time while they get reconstructed. Pay platinum for the reconstruction to be rushed.

There was something very similar in the very very beginning. Also not sure how it is relevant to changes to the dragon key outside of simply being changed.