Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is a Great game, but….

VoidDevil341

Warframe is a great game but I want something giant to control like a Warframe but like a giant Gundam but with a Warframe twist. I hope the Vessels gives me this in Warframe. That could be what I want in this game. I also think it would be cool to use transference on the ones you see exploring the tile set as well. I want to control something bigger and that is like a giant similar to how Gundams feel but something that is from the Warframe universe. I hope that is what the Vessels are going to be like. 

• Like 1

That was probably a little bit of the inspiration for Necramechs in a way. They're a bit scaled up in size/power, but still more or less function like Warframes.

I don't see vessels becoming any major part of the game just because they literally wouldn't fit anywhere. Not without inventing a whole new gamemode like Railjack, and look at how, uh, "popular" Railjack became.

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Pakaku said:

I don't see vessels becoming any major part of the game just because they literally wouldn't fit anywhere. Not without inventing a whole new gamemode like Railjack, and look at how, uh, "popular" Railjack became.

Out of all the side gamemodes, Railjack is still the best one... 

Orphix Venom, Veilbreaker, even Duviri (as much as I liked it) were not nearly as good or unique as railjack was, yes, some of those have better rewards, but railjack is still better overall imo.

• Like 4

That could be pretty cool, and I understand the appeal as well, just ehhh... 

Generally speaking, when it comes to scale and size, a lot tends to be involved, that medium dependant, can be overlooked by many. Like in movies, you often need establishing shots, and comparison shots, to help build a sense of scale. Other tricks, like how you portray speed, and weight. In games, you can have additional factors, like how a large character may feel, as far as your controller or keyboard and mouse movements. 

I do think that DE could handle many of those aspects, Orowyrms for example, do feel pretty large and appropriately cumbersome, but they are also pretty limited in what you can do with them, when in control. Having controllable giant insert reference here... you also have to design new environments that may have to have more design elements to accommodate the new scale, and new challenges, and enemies as well, and how they interact with the environment, each other and player controlled entities. Which could take a lot of resources and time to implement, at least potentially... See Necramechs don't seem like that huge a leap in design, but... therein also lies the issue. For some, they aren't big enough and different enough. At some point, if you leap too far away, to accomodate certain ideas of size and scale, you verge on almost making an entirely different game. 

Upcoming Warframe may touch on larger scale control, but and I would be happy to be wrong, well it looks like it will be relatively limited. Like at the very least, a cinematic moment, but at most, a type of small section you might be able to replay, but nothing much more. 

4 hours ago, VoidD3vil said:

Warframe is a great game but I want something giant to control like a Warframe but like a giant Gundam but with a Warframe twist. I hope the Vessels gives me this in Warframe. That could be what I want in this game. I also think it would be cool to use transference on the ones you see exploring the tile set as well. I want to control something bigger and that is like a giant similar to how Gundams feel but something that is from the Warframe universe. I hope that is what the Vessels are going to be like. 

So, You want something like this in Railjack missions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VoidD3vil said:

Warframe is a great game but I want something giant to control like a Warframe but like a giant Gundam but with a Warframe twist. I hope the Vessels gives me this in Warframe. That could be what I want in this game.

Sometime what you want is not wahat you need. Despite all the hype, only hardcore fans actually play Armored Core 6 and finished it. And if you play it, it's basically playing Necramech against Profit Taker. Some of the gundam game are basically Archwing mission with mech.

• Like 1

Imagine being Godzilla, but then imagine Godzilla bullet jumping everywhere and doing fast paced melee like a Warframe.

More than likely, it's going to be not what you imagined in your head at all, and you will most likely not like the idea once it has come to life. Best suggestion is to wait until the latest story update we saw at Tennocon with the giant head and hope that Rebecca talking about transferring "into something bigger?" before she was cut off for the 1999 reveal leads to something.

• Like 1

The vessels are just giant biomechanical computers by the looks of it. And the way they are "situated" in Deimos makes me doubt we'll ever walk around with them. There arent even any practically located doors to indicate that the vessels are ment to move around. And they are butt nekkid for that matter, and in pieces.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Try another game

You know I never really understood that statement

”Try another game,” “If you don’t like it, play another game”

Warframe seems to be a game where you can pick and choose what you want to do

For example, I personally hate Duviri because of the random load out, but others love it. Just because I hate Duviri, do I just play another game? No, I just play a railjack (which I love). 
Really the only time I can see people say “This game isn’t for you,” is when some person complains about farming (not even the absurd farming, just farming in general). Even then though, you can have fun without farming.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

yeah, giant mechs are cool, but they aren't really that necessary. we already have necramechs, and they do the job just fine. 

And if we were to fight something massive in size I'd rather do it with my frame anyways, crawling up that nostril of whatever monstrosity it is and carving or blowing their brain to pieces. Honestly any crevice or orifice would do the job.

15 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Giant mechs would likely require new game modes.

And that's how the tenno destroyed planets....

Pretty sure I'm also in the mindset that if they can't flesh out something like railjack, then we may wanna stay away from the big stuff except for some bizarre exception (fingers crossed for no TNW2).

19 hours ago, VoidD3vil said:

I have JUST the thing for you!

91gBvu6vY-L._SX425_.jpg