The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Called out aimbot using mesa?

AArunas

Hey guys, was wondering (since it happened already 3 times to me while running Helene mission) - is it common to get called out as aimbot while I'm using Mesa? Not sure if any of them reported me, or just called out aimbot - but I mean her 4 is just that. Is there a precedence for false reports getting bans or something?

Edited by AArunas

If I were DE I'd probably completely ignore any reports of aimbotting in pve. Even if people were doing it, it's not much of a benefit over the myriad of things in the game that will just erase enemies vaguely in the direction of where you're aiming, or clear entire rooms for you just existing inside of them. Plus as you said, Mesa literally is an aimbot. DE put an aimbot in their own game. At that point I'd probably setup a script that just instantly deletes pve aimbot reports cus they're just completely meaningless.

They probably just call mesa aimbot jokingly. I'd hope nobody seriously looks at mesa doing her afterimages thing with an animation and poses that nothing else can do and says "yeah that's not an intended ability they're definitely cheating"

And I hope DE doesn't see aimboting as even a serious issue outside of pvp cus if they did they might as well delete aoe damage and homing weapons from the game

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 1

Wasn't it the same person or different people? 

If I had to guess, you probably just came across some childish or immature players, who wanted to insult you, just because they don't like certain Warframes. In this case, Mesa. Silly, yes, but some people are like that, over games. In their eyes, they may see Mesa as being "cheap" or "easy" because of her 4, and thus the passive aggressive accusation you are aimbotting. If you were playing Wukong they would probably accuse you of being AFK, Revenant, brain dead, just press 2, Saryn, Equinox, etc something veiled insult about nuking. Well unless they actually like any of those Warframes, then the cognitive dissonance kicks in. 

Like the others say, don't really worry about it. They may just be joking, but if you can tell they are being more insulting and hostile, you could report them, but its good to try be patient, and clarify such situations as well, instead of being hostile, aggressive and escalating any conflict too. I've personally rarely come across such hostility, but have seen some conflict. Usually it was a bit more complicated (like the reasons for conflict weren't so immature), but a single players experiences may not accurately represent all possible player experiences. I would only say, you shouldn't worry about it being common.

All the best! 

when you're actually reported, the game records a bunch of information about the scenario. if a DE staff member sees you were using mesa they're probably going to just chuck out the report immediately, especially if there's nothing else pointing towards you using aimbot. 

Thanks a lot to you guys for replies. 
Yeah, in Helene I usually try not to overdo her (keeping kills at 25-30% cause - I mean I'm there to leech as well, so just pulling my weight) =] 
As for the insults, no just aimbot thing and "noooo"? I haven't noticed, could've been same person.
Ether way - comments regarding all the other things in pve that make aimbot kinda useless are very much true. 

Thanks again for making me less worried =]

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AArunas said:

Hey guys, was wondering (since it happened already 3 times to me while running Helene mission) - is it common to get called out as aimbot while I'm using Mesa? Not sure if any of them reported me, or just called out aimbot - but I mean her 4 is just that. Is there a precedence for false reports getting bans or something?

You won't be banned.

Mesa 4 having lock on is literally sanctioned by de, it used to be even stronger than it was now, and if it wasn't supported DE would have removed it. 

And no, you won't get banned for "circumventing the energy cost" either.

1 hour ago, AArunas said:

As for the insults, no just aimbot thing and "noooo"? I haven't noticed, could've been same person.

Literally just say "bro hasn't played Mesa" when that happens. 

Because literally, anyone who has played Mesa knows that her 4 is supposed to have lock on.

Legitimately you can see a YouTube video and it's YouTubers doing the same thing with Mesa, in fact, there are several powerful builds on Mesa (the most powerful ones being stuff like damage buffs, or dispensary/lycath's hunt (for energy generation).

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT

2 hours ago, AArunas said:

Yeah, in Helene I usually try not to overdo her (keeping kills at 25-30% cause - I mean I'm there to leech as well, so just pulling my weight) =] 

There's a lot of Warframe than can nuke that map faster than Mesa. Beside those mission mostly done by beginner player that didn't know effective way of farming (orokin cell) and affinity grinding (I prefer SO/ESO tho). So you can ignore them.

Just avoid using Mesa on Radiation Hazard

Edited by BroDutt

I mean, Mesa is the aimbot frame.

If people threaten to report you for 'aimbotting with Mesa', just ignore them. DE CSRs will have a good chuckle at the reports before moving on to actual reports of cheating.

... unless you actually are using an aimbot with Mesa in which case I have two things to say:

1. Shame on you, you dirty dirty cheater, and
  2.  WHY???
  • Like 8

41 minutes ago, Letter13 said:
  1. WHY???

I don't think I ever used bots part one time being 14 on CS1.6 to see what is all the fuss about, but quickly found out it takes the fun out of it. As for warfeame - I agree with the "why" - there are weapons that you shoot in general direction and they clear half of the room. 

I've never seen this happen myself, but you are at no risk.  If someone were foolish enough to report you, the mods would ignore it.  Sounds like you just got matched with some players who feel salty about Mesa; I'd recommend just blocking them and moving on with your life, since they can't impact you in any way.