Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abyss of Dagath: Update 34

[DE]Megan

6 hours ago, Leon_Von_Comarre said:

Just a heads up, Synth Fiber is multiplicative with other armor mods. So before if you ran both metal fiber and synth fiber it would make you go from like 200% armor to 400% armor. Now it will make you go from 350% to 700% when you pick up a health orb. I don't think it needs to be buffed to match the other armor mod since the effect is different.

If it is multiplicative... it shouldn't be.

But it being potentially multiplicative is beside the point because you wouldn't normally be compelled to equip both Synth Fiber and Metal Fiber at the same time before... that's due to limited mod slots and near identical armor values before the patch (old values Metal Fiber: 110%, Synth Fiber: 100%). Before the patch, why try to fit Metal Fiber when Synth Fiber was just 10 percentage points shy of its effect? Or vice versa...

So no, I disagree, it should be buffed because I can't imagine anyone using both at the same time even after the patch... especially now that we have new shield mod options and companion mod options which put more pressure on mod slots.

And by convention established by almost all other mods, effects and abilities (if not all)... IMO it should also be additive if it's actually currently multiplicative.

11 minutes ago, nslay said:

If it is multiplicative... it shouldn't be.

But it being potentially multiplicative is beside the point because you wouldn't normally be compelled to equip both Synth Fiber and Metal Fiber at the same time before... that's due to limited mod slots and near identical armor values before the patch (old values Metal Fiber: 110%, Synth Fiber: 100%). Before the patch, why try to fit Metal Fiber when Synth Fiber was just 10 percentage points shy of its effect? Or vice versa...

So no, I disagree, it should be buffed because I can't imagine anyone using both at the same time even after the patch... especially now that we have new shield mod options and companion mod options which put more pressure on mod slots.

And by convention established by almost all other mods, effects and abilities (if not all)... IMO it should also be additive if it's actually currently multiplicative.

I did run actually both before because they were multiplicative, but I dumped it after the metal fiber and health conversion buffs.

13 minutes ago, Leon_Von_Comarre said:

I did run actually both before because they were multiplicative, but I dumped it after the metal fiber and health conversion buffs.

I have no room for both in the old system on Oxylus, Djinn, Dethcube, Helios, Carrier, Nautilus or my novelty Taxon. 

Let's see, I generally use these 10 in the old system: Synth Deconstruct/Fiber, Enhanced Vitality, Accelerated Deflection (for shield gate), Primed Animal Instinct, Repair Kit, Primed Regen, Vacuum, Assault Mode, and a unique sentinel precept.

I don't see how Metal Fiber can fit.

I ran that minus repair kit and deflection, and plus metal fiber and the other Helios precept. With a silenced viral/rad weapon the sentinels didn't draw much aggro so I didn't need the faster shield gate refill, and repair kit seemed redundant with health orbs picked up at full health still healed your sentinel.

In any case I do agree I wouldn't run synth fiber now after the changes, but currently it's multiplicative, so making it additive and giving +300% would actually be a nerf, not a buff. Maybe having it give a flat armor bonus like health conversion would be a better option?

5 minutes ago, Leon_Von_Comarre said:

I ran that minus repair kit and deflection, and plus metal fiber and the other Helios precept. With a silenced viral/rad weapon the sentinels didn't draw much aggro so I didn't need the faster shield gate refill, and repair kit seemed redundant with health orbs picked up at full health still healed your sentinel.

In any case I do agree I wouldn't run synth fiber now after the changes, but currently it's multiplicative, so making it additive and giving +300% would actually be a nerf, not a buff. Maybe having it give a flat armor bonus like health conversion would be a better option?

Again... so what if it is multiplicative? You can't fit both. See? Even you're not going to use both... you might use it if it were on parity with Metal Fiber which it isn't even close like it was before. 

Look, it may be theoretically better to stack with Metal Fiber... as it stands now, no one is probably ever going to use this mod again. They're probably going to figure that 250% is enough and that there are diminishing returns on even more armor and that they could use the slot for something more useful.

You want to consider it a "nerf" ... fine...  "Nerfing" it would make it more competitive with Metal Fiber and it might see use that way. Better to be practically useful than being a mathematical curiosity.

I use Gas because you get way more Health Orbs due to Gas' AOE. Repair Kit is definitely an option slot for other precepts but I do appreciate it more than more armor because I'm not always killing for health orbs... could be running toward a disruptor or speed running a Capture mission or something of that nature.

On 2023-10-18 at 10:58 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Buffs or mechanics that are triggered upon Health or Energy Orb pickup can now be triggered if your Health or Energy pools are at max. This includes Mods like Equilibrium!

You all forgot Equinox's passive.

Tandem Bond 
Companion melee hits increase your combo by 6. Heavy Attacks increase Companion melee damage by 30% of melee damage multiplied by your combo multiplier for 30s.

The patch notes did not say this was beast only, I wanted to use this on Helios. Hounds and Moa can also melee and can't use this.

Edited by KitMeHarder
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nslay said:

Again... so what if it is multiplicative? You can't fit both. See? Even you're not going to use both... you might use it if it were on parity with Metal Fiber which it isn't even close like it was before. 

Look, it may be theoretically better to stack with Metal Fiber... as it stands now, no one is probably ever going to use this mod again. They're probably going to figure that 250% is enough and that there are diminishing returns on even more armor and that they could use the slot for something more useful.

You want to consider it a "nerf" ... fine...  "Nerfing" it would make it more competitive with Metal Fiber and it might see use that way. Better to be practically useful than being a mathematical curiosity.

I use Gas because you get way more Health Orbs due to Gas' AOE. Repair Kit is definitely an option slot for other precepts but I do appreciate it more than more armor because I'm not always killing for health orbs... could be running toward a disruptor or speed running a Capture mission or something of that nature.

Uh, I use both. Yes you can clearly use both. You're just throwing a tantrum because the world doesn't evolve around your one, specific, weird build. 

• Like 2

This update is a mess nothing is working like it should and some changes removed 90% of functionality from mods that where a must just so you can keep your pet alive.

Worst offender is the Pack Leader mod that can no longer be procked by status effects, Exodia contagion, Zenistar disk or persistent status effect like gas clouds.

So say goodbye to your utility status primer melee and say goodbye to healing your pet as HP tank because you will get one shotted long before you reach level 1k in SP

This means unless you run as immortal invisible moron with shield gate and all other immortality layers(how TF is this still in the game?!?) you have no chance to keep your pet alive, because even before you reach enemy level 1k your pet will be taking tens of thousands of damage per second.

On top of that BUGS tons of BUGS game breaking BUGS!!!

Aerial Bond – just does not work like at all, just does not reduce the pet timer.

Seismic Bond and Vicious Bond can disable your pets ability to melee permanently tested on Adarza kavat happened 2 in the mission and 1 time in simulacrum.

And lots more based on what I’ve heard from other players.

DE promised that there will not be any HP-armour nerfs, well with full umbral set maxed you will be getting less HP and armour not by much but still.

Overall this update is a big miss pets will die far more often than before because of nerf to Pack Leader and because multiple immortality layers that are in the game should be removed not reworked.

You want to make shields better rename Armour to Defence and let it apply to shields and HP job done go home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sh0ckwaveFlash said:

Uh, I use both. Yes you can clearly use both. You're just throwing a tantrum because the world doesn't evolve around your one, specific, weird build. 

Yeah, anyone can put any combination of mods on their sentinel. The question to you is: Is that actually a good build for your sentinel? Will it be modded like that in practice? And especially given all the new updates in this patch... I'm guessing probably not. The big one is the changes to shield gating which is a vastly better survival mechanic to use on your sentinel than simply stacking armor. Even before the patch, faster regeneration of the sentinel's shields ensured the full shield gate effect for the sentinel. Now more shields even increases the invulnerability time! There goes one more slot. Well, gee... it's good thing you can safely toss the Synth Fiber for the ability to tank any amount of damage for an even more prolonged period of time.

So would you like to explain why you think my build is "weird"? What's so "specific" about it? How about share your build... maybe it's great! Or maybe it can be improved. I'd be happy to help you despite your childish rhetoric.

14 hours ago, [DE]Purzzle said:

@CookieCutter @LittleLeoniePrime Could you please confirm if this issue still happens on the current patch? I just checked with Host and Client and found no issues. We fixed some very similar issues with Operator Transference and Titania earlier this year, possibly that also fixed Nova Wormhole?

Cheers!

Checked just now in a mission (after hotfix 34.0.2), and it still happens, still have no idea why. Doing some more testing (I almost always play online, not solo) and it seems to not want to trigger when in solo mode, so it might be due to some lag between mission host and allies? I've spent 10 minutes aimgliding through portals in solo and it didn't trigger, then I joined a mission (in this case Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, but it happens on all maps) and it happened on the first Wormhole, but then not for a while.

In most missions I tend to use Wormhole towards the end when everyone's running to the exit, and it doesn't seem to depend on time connected to the host as it still happens randomly in those last moments. Some more recent testing and it doesn't even seem to even need aimgliding to trigger the random direction camera change, no clue why it happens or how to reliably replicate it.

Edited by CookieCutter
  • Like 1

On 2023-10-19 at 3:14 PM, [DE]Purzzle said:

@CookieCutter @LittleLeoniePrime Could you please confirm if this issue still happens on the current patch? I just checked with Host and Client and found no issues. We fixed some very similar issues with Operator Transference and Titania earlier this year, possibly that also fixed Nova Wormhole?

Cheers!

can confirm it's still happening on live. especially in scenarios with higher latency

On 2023-10-18 at 10:58 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Pack Leader has been changed. Instead of healing your Companion by 36% of melee damage inflicted, it now restores 100 Health per melee hit. Excess healing becomes Overguard instead, with a maximum of 1200 Overguard.

This does not work with certain ranged melee attacks. Such as glaive explosions and Baruuk's waves.

On 2023-10-18 at 4:58 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Hide contents
  • Spare Parts: Previously Spare Parts would cause Sentinels to drop rare materials on death. This Mod now causes your Sentinel to mark an enemy for 5 seconds, choosing a new target every 15 seconds. Killing the marked enemy increases their loot drop chance by 200%.
    • Since Companions no longer die, we wanted to change their resource drop to something that was more interactive and rewards combat instead of your Sentinel randomly exploding.

Spare Parts used to be an alternative to Smeeta farming, by taking control of sentinel's destruction, offerring flat 45% chance to drop a rare item specifically. The new mod doesn't seem to give the same benefit on anything with less than 15% drop chance, and without a guarantee that it will drop a rare item even. That's in theory, as i haven't tested the mod yet. 

If my assumptions are true, could you guys reconsider changing the old description slightly, by giving 25%-30% chance for a rare item drop on incapacitation, or something similar, in order to account for immortality, instead of the current version? Or give more details on why is the current version on par with the old mod, in case i missed something.

5 hours ago, MasterZangdar said:

Nightwave reduced grind yeah ?

Still have those annoying 150 kills with specific element. Still have that annoying "trampoline" of 150 bullet jumps.

Bullet jump has ruined two keyboards already, left control key wears out kickly because of it.

Do you even hear yourself? What are you complaining about? They're passive completions, the literal easiest to make progress on as you're casually playing. You're somehow making up a scenario where you're forced to sweat over the horror of using a key movement ability for a minor and optional and replaceable task. Maybe they should just autocomplete all nightwave challenges for you. Maybe they should autocomplete the game for you, so you don't ever have to log in and risk pressing any buttons on your delicate keyboards. 

• Like 2

DE Team , Thank You for continued efforts to QOL

Can you please consider starting the Ambulas Boss fight with 2 ambulas instead of 1 {First round} for squad of 2 or more?,
As that will be more efficient than wasting time protected an uncounted ambulas at the 3rd round.

Ty

EDit: I found dedicated forum section for feedback such as this and shared there , incase anyone wants to comment or second this opinion

Edited by XacKflash
Shared thoughts on dedicated outlet

18 minutes ago, RoninFive said:

Most of this sounds great, but I have one question:

How are you going to address the fact that I can no longer turn into a water pool at extraction and ask people "water you doing"? This negatively impacts my experience, a lot.

Also has taken much of the impact away from answering "Sorry, just pooling around."

• Like 2

On 2023-10-18 at 8:58 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Explosive Barrels now deal a % of an enemy’s Health to help them scale with higher level content. Players will receive a reduced amount of damage from Barrels to prevent deadly accidents -- on par with the amount of damage they would have received before this change.

•  

Do you think you could give the weapon augments/mods that do this a look through as well?

Thunderbolt
Concealed explosives
(maybe primes of the above 2 that grant 100% chance?
Combustion Beam.

Flat damage boost and no status procs typically suck!

Please and thanks

• Like 4

Changed the Faction Damage Mod (includes Bane, Cleanse, Expel, Smite, Railjack, and Riven Faction Stats) descriptions to use multiplier instead of percentage based stat formatting. Damage values have not changed! Just the way they are communicated. For example: Smite Corpus (at max rank) 

Was: “+30% Damage to Corpus.” 

Now: “x1.3 Damage to Corpus.” 

This change better communicates how Faction Damage is calculated, since calculation occurs when you hit the enemy, as opposed to when you shoot like other damage sources (since it needs to know what Faction is being hit). For that reason, multipliers apply to final damage as a whole and not just part of the formula! 

Changing +30% damage to x1.3 damage does not better communicate where in the formula the damage buff is applied at all?

The reason you offer on why it is applied to the final damage (it needs to know which faction it's hitting) makes a ton of a sense, but that's not something you can derive from changing the buff display from 30% to 1.3x....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Yggdrazzil said:

Changing +30% damage to x1.3 damage does not better communicate where in the formula the damage buff is applied at all?

The reason you offer on why it is applied to the final damage (it needs to know which faction it's hitting) makes a ton of a sense, but that's not something you can derive from changing the buff display from 30% to 1.3x....

I can understand what they were going for.  Basically just a prompt for people to realize "this bonus is distinct from these other, more common bonuses."

But if course it really should say "total" or "final", regardless of how the bonus is formatted.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I can understand what they were going for.  Basically just a prompt for people to realize "this bonus is distinct from these other, more common bonuses."

But if course it really should say "total" or "final", regardless of how the bonus is formatted.

That's true, with the different wording it does stand out as "this thing is different". But not different how

It's a real pet peeve of mine in modern gaming: you're given a lot of freedom in modifying your damage output, but then you're handicapped by hidden damage mechanics

• Like 2