The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abyss of Dagath: Hotfix 34.0.2

[DE]Megan

24 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

before the hotfix it was much too high because they changed how these powers scale with your max rank health. its now in line again with how much HP it gave before the abyss of dagath update

39 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

Not really, with the initial update I earn ~100ish hp roundabout with the changes compared as before Abyss of Dagath, then with the hotfix lost almost 2000.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

(Already live) Changed the price of the Aumen Kaithe Collection from 190 to 155 Platinum (PSA).  

• We will be running a script to return the Platinum difference for those who purchased the Collection at its incorrect price. 

Will this script also pay plat back to people who inadvertently purchased the aumen collection because it was not given via the Dagath collection? 

I purchased Dagath collection and was not given the aumen stuff. In the stable the game prompted me to purchase the aumen and listed all of the contents therein as "not acquired". Should never have had to purchase the aumen collection separate from the dagath collection. Ingame Dagath collection clearly includes the aumen stuff.

Thanks for the continued hotfixes.

Could you please take a look at the recurring bug with the audio/particle effects from Malice's Magnetize bubble getting stuck on a player indefinitely? It's been going on for some time now, and has been reported in numerous threads by numerous players:

As of this latest hotfix it is still occurring. Rolling will dispel the gameplay effect of the bubble as intended, but more often than not the visual and sound effects linger on the player that was hit by it, usually right up until extraction (I was on a 30-ish wave disruption and it was with me right the way through). The sound effect tends to drown out a lot of other things included demolysts, and gets intensely distracting!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, iPathos said:

Because DE themselves have said that the power fantasy is a key part of what makes Warframe what it is.

Now in saying that, I also understand that there needs to be at least some semblance of progression or else boredom will take over.

It makes sense for there to be ridiculous options, but taking those options needs to be balanced accordingly - such as through ammo limitations, time limits and cooldowns.

power fantasy and "being blatantly overpowered" are two entire different ball games.

the core of power fantasy in game design is making the player *feel* powerful, which counterintuitively requires a reasonable amount of challenge to exist. 

the best way to make a player feel powerful is to present them with something that looks and sounds like a powerful enemy, a massive challenge to overcome, and to then hand them the tools to beat that enemy or challenge with relative ease. key here is that the enemy still has to feel like a threat even if the game isn't that hard. 

this is why balance is still needed in a power fantasy game. if the enemy is never a threat, you don't feel powerful and cool, you feel bored and unimersed.

power fantasy is created not just by cranking the player's actual power, it's by making the tools they have feel and look powerful and just straight up awesome. 

lets imagine the following two scenario's:

in one scenario, we have a player attacking an enemy with a sword, they do a basic simple sword swing that deals 80% of the enemy's health in one hit

in the other scenario, we have a player performing that anime-style katana slice where the enemy doesn't take damage until the sword is re-sheathed, it deals 65% of the enemy's health in one hit. 

the second scenario is a better power fantasy than the first, despite the player being more statistically powerful in the first scenario. the disconnect here is between *feeling* powerful and being statistically powerful. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, iHeuksal said:

Gibs back. We want the old Void Dash, too!

Was going to mention this. I've addressed other things lately, but the biggest change DE could possibly do to please their playerbase right now is bringing back Void Dash. Should have never been removed. How hard is it to make a toggle?

• Like 3

Upon further playtime, practicing, and build changing, Dagath is one of the most upsetting frames to use. 

Kullervo had that spot until he was buffed to actually survive, and has since been a wonderful frame addition. 

Her only option in survivability is shield-gating, and relying on that alone is just the worst concocted idea. It is not a fun playstyle for everyone, and constantly spamming abilities to keep up shields or overshields, even when using the new Catalyzing Shields mod, is tedious and nonsensical. I say this as an avid Mag enjoyer, and even she isn't that bad in ability uptime / energy efficient / survivability. 

Her abilities have no synergy with her passive, so she cannot generate orbs well enough on her own to even benefit from that random 35% chance of a super health orb or energy orb. In doing so, you have options such as Fractured Blast or Lycath's Hunt, but that forces you to choose between one of her synergistic abilities to remove (hint hint, just remove her 4 if you're thinking about dropping anything, Doom cannot spread without her 1 and her 3 is the only other 'survivability' option. Or her 3 if you're feeling adventurous). I'm not even suggesting Dispensary as that requires you to sit still and wait for either health or energy orbs (barring you're using Equilibrium) and even then you'll still be wasting away your energy. 

She has abysmal base armor and health (mostly armor), so you physically cannot build a face-tanking build with her unless you plan on sinking azure shards for armor, and even then she cannot handle SP with that. Through some Sim tests, 195 Corrupted Heavy Gunner's melt her in seconds despite building for such. Through playing SP testing, if you aren't hoarding gigantic groups of enemies with Magus Anomaly or something akin to a Proboscis Cernos, say goodbye to your energy and any hopes in refilling it unless you're a pizza user to continuously shield-gate.

You might exclaim "WHAT ABOUT HER 3"... Yeah, what about it? It has a cooldown that cannot be altered via duration or efficiency, and for those 25 seconds of you not being able to pick-up or find energy orbs, even while running Equilibrium and wanting health orbs also, you are just a slice of salami getting ready to meet the recently sharpened butcher's knife of any enemy that comes near you, ready to carve you up and turn you into mincemeat.

Her kit synergizes fantastically, in where if you use Doom, then Wyrd Scythe, everything's all procc'd and ready to meet the slaughterhouse that are your weapons or Rakhali's Cavalry, and Grave Spirit is a very nice boost in CD in general and to all enemies Doomed. However, this does not exclude her passive not working well with her kit and the upkeep on energy for her as well as her horrid survivability. 

Through my analysis, and a suggestion for her: 

Allow either for Grave Spirit while turned on (going into Ghost-Form would deactivate it assumedly) or for enemies affected by Doom and presumedly killed with the debuff on them, to have either a 50% chance or a 100% chance to drop either health or energy orbs. This would play nicely with the new Equilibrium change that occurred and just an overall energy upkeep for her. Maybe she needs one of her abilities to add shields and / or overshields to her, like Polarize from Mag.

You made the frame with a Zenurik aura polarity for a reason, and I was afraid of that, for the fear of only using her as a shield-gate only option frame...

I understand most will heavily disagree, however, it just feels off playing her, like she's missing something important... I don't know, probably just me... Maybe augment mods will fix her in this sort of scenario months / years down the line. I also have no high-hopes for that since Lavos released back in 2020 and he still only has one augment mod. 

Edited by Halo
  • Like 5

I don't know what specifically was changed for Kullervo's Wrathful Advance (or why) but it's absolutely nauseating to use with most weapons now. Having the camera warp into a top-down view while revolving up to 3 full circles within 1 second make the ability unplayable in many cases. The worst I've seen so far is when using the Wolf Sledge.

sadge

• Like 1

helminth charger's clones doesn't seem to spawn maggots with "duplex bond", and also won't use "trample" or abilities (and maybe hard to know, but might also not use any mods on the dog like damage, so it won't be able to kill and spawn any energy orbs)

but the thing works well to say something possitive, the clones can't use the duplex bond mod :D so we won't have infinite dogs, this point seems ok

15 minutes ago, Aturixios said:

Why do you think the bug is there in the first place?

So?

Again, the solution isn't to add an option to disable auto melee and force people who use Kullervo to turn off auto melee to avoid the bug. The solution is to fix the bug.

Il y a 9 heures, VibingCat a dit :

Little reminder: shields are 50% stronger.

True, but shields = energy too, when you are swarmed by 40+ ennemies and Haven link them, it's almost 2k shield/s drained (with my stats).

Everyone got new nice shields with 50% raw resistance to all damages, and a very close amount before the update ... And nerf elemental ward for .... nothing ?

It was ok to reduce the amount and not keep the +100% shield, (testing after update, i reach 13.5K shields)  but why 30%??  50% seem logical to keep the same final value before update ...image.png?ex=65428793&is=65301293&hm=035

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Halo said:

Upon further playtime, practicing, and build changing, Dagath is one of the most upsetting frames to use. 

Kullervo had that spot until he was buffed to actually survive, and has since been a wonderful frame addition. 

It's almost like they're being cautious about the power of new frames, which is very sensible of them, since buffing a weak frame is good PR and nerfing a strong frame is bad PR.

I would also like to get a button for automelee on / off., cuz I'm having problems, to get my combos straight, too.
If not for that - there is a reason, why I didn't wanted it being auto and that's having "a challenge". Automelee feels for me; as if I've accomplished nothing in doing so~
--
And while we're at it, could you implement a button switch for using melee with the primary fire button, when the melee weapon is in my hands?
That's something I always wanted to exist.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by NuclearDeath
  • Like 5