The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hold up ....did DE take away Flaw mods....just to bring em back for credits???

(XBOX)DShinShoryuken

I adore this game

The crew behind it have been levels above other companies in terms of guiding the game to a glorious spot in many of those who plays it's areas in life

When DE started talking about the changes coming with this update, I was in my feels in some (RIP Hydroid Passive) and okay with others. I missed the chance to take a pic of my first frame Excalibur with his flaw mods (life stuff) and when I signed in on Oct 18th, my Flaw mods were gone 

Now here I am signing in to see that in the Iron Wake, there is a dumpster filled with Flaw mods to buy....wha tha hek?

Did DE just grab and go with the players earned Flaw mods to sell them back to us? Did we get ponzi hit? Those flaw mods had purpose and meant something to some of us. I stayed in Vor Prize trying to get all I could before going to the real game...then had em snatched off my first frame to be replaced by the run of the millions ones I have tons of already

They were rare to me....and now I gotta pay to get them back?

This one hurt me....less than losing the Hydroid Passive...but it still hit me heart....

Since I don't know how to read (Talk to chat is grand), any news on what reason DE did this to the game? 

What are your views on it?

Keep racking up them kills

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)DShinShoryuken said:

What are your views on it?

My view is that if you're looking for something to be outraged over, you should direct your attention to the absolute whalebait catastrophe that is the Heirloom pack system.

Moving flawed mods to a niche collector location is a good thing.  It feels icky as a new player to invest in something that is going to be obsolete, especially when endo and credits are scarce.  Now there's less danger of that, at least in a modding direction.  Primed mods are another matter, but that's not really what this thread is for.

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

My view is that if you're looking for something to be outraged over, you should direct your attention to the absolute whalebait catastrophe that is the Heirloom pack system.

nah, that discussion is LONG stale, it's all about the "story skip" now. come on Tenno, keep up with the times, eh? :)

• Like 8

tldr: some insane people actually genuinely use flawed mods in their builds because in some cases the flawed version is more effective use of your capacity points than the non-flawed version, so DE had to keep them and had to keep them obtainable. 

however, they didn't want to confuse newbies with this archaic "flawed mods" system, especially since investing in flawed mods is generally seen as a terrible early-game choice and often warned against by veteran players. 

hence they replaced existing flawed mods with their non-flawed versions in inventories, then allowed players to acquire them somewhere out of the way if they really desired to have them for whatever reason. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

nah, that discussion is LONG stale, it's all about the "story skip" now. come on Tenno, keep up with the times, eh? :)

I didn’t bring that up because I just don’t see it as a problem. I don’t see how people can expect this game to attract new players in its current state. And it doesn’t really make sense for DE to focus on more story content that builds on the existing quests when it gets harder and harder to actually catch up and see this new content. But that’s off topic for here. 

• Like 2

While I'm not exactly short on credits or endo for that matter... why couldn't we have just kept the mods if they're coming back for credits.... this just seems totally daft.

To be fair I only really used flawed flow due to extra energy at the same cost but still...

• Like 3

On 2023-10-28 at 7:23 PM, SDGDen said:

tldr: some insane people actually genuinely use flawed mods in their builds because in some cases the flawed version is more effective use of your capacity points than the non-flawed version, so DE had to keep them and had to keep them obtainable. 

For elemental mod, this is true since rank 2 Flawed Incendiary Coat cost 6 drain with 30% heat while rank 1 normal Incendiary Coat cost 7 drain with 30% heat. I just keep the unrank flawed mod to build smaller damage for combine element (eg. Viral) while keeping Slash/Heat/Toxin bigger to get more Proc.

Edited by BroDutt
  • Like 1

I don’t get why they couldn’t do this with Hydroid’s old abilities. Make them obtainable at the Cephalon Simaris or choosable during the level process after a certain amount of Forma was used on a Hydroid Warframe or some other out of the way solution to have new players not be confused?

Oh right, something about maintaining an ability… I guess Flawed Mods are much easier to maintain in the game…

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Turritopsis_Dohrnii said:

I don’t get why they couldn’t do this with Hydroid’s old abilities. Make them obtainable at the Cephalon Simaris or choosable during the level process after a certain amount of Forma was used on a Hydroid Warframe or some other out of the way solution to have new players not be confused?

Oh right, something about maintaining an ability… I guess Flawed Mods are much easier to maintain in the game…

You really need to get over that ability.

The funeral already ended and it was cremated. It ain't coming back.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

They don't want them to be collector's items and traded for thousands of plats.

They weren't tradable. I know because I had the silly idea to offer to trade regular ones to newer players at one point to collect them and checked. I presume they still aren't now.

• Like 1

On 2023-10-30 at 8:56 PM, Turritopsis_Dohrnii said:

That is correct, non-exotic mods are a simple+X in a calculation, virtually nothing to go wrong. A Warframe ability is animation, FX, scripted actions and in some cases unique interactions that can cause problems with special enemies, lots to go wrong and lots to check every time a systemic change is made.

Edited by SilentMobius
  • Like 3

They have been removed to allow people in the starting stages to have any endo spent allocated to the standard mods instead.

As a compromise, they reintroduced them in Iron Wake for credits (Which enabled all people that played before flawed mods were a thing to easily access them too, btw! Surprisingly fair from my point of view.)

If you reached the point where you're minmaxing with flawed mods, you can probably spare ten minutes of your time as well as the few credits and endo they require to be bought and leveled up again.

• Like 2

En 28/10/2023 a las 15:17, LSG501 dijo:

While I'm not exactly short on credits or endo for that matter... why couldn't we have just kept the mods if they're coming back for credits.... this just seems totally daft.

To be fair I only really used flawed flow due to extra energy at the same cost but still...

My guess is that they wanted to compensate any new player that had already invested in flawed mods

On 2023-10-28 at 12:17 PM, LSG501 said:

I think they would've allowed it if there wasn't some sort of coding or issue that prevented it. 

On 2023-10-28 at 6:10 AM, sunderthefirmament said:

Seriously, move on. They listened to feedback and made appropriate changes. Did they make a mistake? 100% but it's not like they said "OK well don't buy then" and left it as is.

On 2023-10-28 at 6:16 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Kudos to Rebb at least brining up a topic that's being discussed behind closed doors regarding a serious topic regarding the games accessibility. With the feedback around this sensitive topic they will come back in November regarding this and have an answer. I don't think it'll be implemented in the fashion she described but I do see a change in the works that will still allow for some sort of bypass/catch up to occur.

I also think removing the locks from quests like in War Within and New War would also go a long way in helping players as locking players out is bad design.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

I think they would've allowed it if there wasn't some sort of coding or issue that prevented it. 

Not sure how coding could really be an issue... they've literally just made something available for credits, the mod itself hasn't actually changed.

10 hours ago, Kegnor97 said:

My guess is that they wanted to compensate any new player that had already invested in flawed mods

So why not just give them a non flawed mod as well, they could have just ran a script to offer up a non flawed version of the same value.  Most of the non flawed versions drop like candy anyway.

Honestly it kind of feels like DE forgot that some of the flawed mods were actually being used by players and then had to do a 'fix' so people could keep using them.... albeit in the most janky and daft way possible.  I think they might have forgotten how painful it is to mod a new frame/weapon at low mr with limited endo/credits and mod capacity even after DE adjusted some values. 

• Like 2

hace 2 horas, --Leyenda-yight6 dijo:

DE brought back the defective mods in Iron Wake in exchange for credits and... what's the problem with this?

The problem is that people like to complain, in the forums you can even find threads claiming that hydroid is weaker now...hydroid...weaker

• Like 1

On 2023-10-28 at 1:23 PM, SDGDen said:

however, they didn't want to confuse newbies with this archaic "flawed mods" system, especially since investing in flawed mods is generally seen as a terrible early-game choice and often warned against by veteran players. 

Not it is not. They are perfect for potato-less builds and offer better stats/capacity ratio to non-flawed ones. Credits and endo are hardly a problem these days.

• Like 2