Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want to fight max level enemies.

4thBro

Every now and then, I express my issue with WF. This is another one of those times.

I do not currently play Warframe, because there still is no good method of facing max level enemies. It's that simple.

Why does this matter to me?

Well, let me ask you a question. When you play another game, let's say World of Warcraft... Do you spend your time running dungeons 60 levels lower than your character? Or do you do things at the highest level your character can do?

Here's a different angle...

If you were to play CSGO... would you rather your opponents all have 100 HP and deal normal damage? Or all have 1 HP and deal 5% damage?

The purpose of building your character strength in Warframe is lost in the game itself. It is never tested. The game has what I call an "Extract At 5" culture. And that culture came out of a lack of any reason to do otherwise. Here I am, with high levels of character strength. That's what I enjoy! I want to push the limits and test my creations. And if my creations succeed against the strongest the game has to offer, then I also enjoy playing it out as well. (Which can also be seen as ongoing testing.)

However... in Warframe, you cannot simply face strong enemies. The quickest way to do so is through Duviri, but your entire loadout is randomized. Outside of that, I believe the quickest way is in Void missions, but 1) that takes a while to ramp up still, and 2) those mission types frequently force you into Operator mode, which accidentally limits your Frames due to the "anti-afk" mechanics that I've already made a thread about once before. (Certain Frames being ripped out of Operator because of the wonky mechanics that make some Frames vulnerable during Operator while you're trying to do things for the mission type that CAN ONLY be done in Operator.)

--But, we're all well aware of how inaccessible high level enemies are. I don't need to keep expressing this point.

However... that's all I want! To me, Warframe is a game with no purpose at the moment. The purpose is to work on your Frames and build up strength, for........... what, exactly? These level 150 enemies aren't testing anything. I can basically throw on 8 randomized mods and slam that content without even paying attention to my screen. So what's the point?

Surely - surely - there must be a way to implement max level content for people like me. I'm not even asking for heightened rewards. I just don't have any fulfillment making my character as strong as I can make it, and then the only enemies in the game all drop dead to my mere existence because they're basically level 1.

Okay. That's my piece. That's what I got.

My only request is to not come at this topic with disingenuous replies.

Cheers, peace!

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Seems like Steel Path Circuit is the place for you.

Well... no. Because everything is randomized.

I used to play it a lot, but it got boring when I'm actually just using Operator most of the time because the weapon choices are all terrible. I don't want randomized loadouts. I want to pick my loadouts. I want to play the builds that I... built. Just like you wouldn't want to play a Diablo 2 character that had their skill points and gear slots randomly allocated.

13 minutes ago, Olphus said:

If I recall, Disruption has the fastest ramp up time, taking like 40minutes to reach level cap.

I used to play Disruptions for hours. I never saw them even hit, like... level 500??

• Like 9

1 minute ago, 4thBro said:

I used to play it a lot, but it got boring when I'm actually just using Operator most of the time because the weapon choices are all terrible. I don't want randomized loadouts. I want to pick my loadouts. I want to play the builds that I... built. Just like you wouldn't want to play a Diablo 2 character that had their skill points and gear slots randomly allocated.

That's fair. You can ignore my previous post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

But one of the reasons to play high level content is for difficulty. 

If all your gear is guaranteed to one shot enemies level doesn't matter at that point.

Having your gear randomize is a great way of adding challenge and difficulty to your missions. Plus it gives you incentives to improve on weapons you might have forgotten about.

6 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

but it got boring when I'm actually just using Operator

The thing is, you don't have to use your operator if you don't want to.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

But one of the reasons to play high level content is for difficulty. 

If all your gear is guaranteed to one shot enemies level doesn't matter at that point.

Having your gear randomize is a great way of adding challenge and difficulty to your missions. Plus it gives you incentives to improve on weapons you might have forgotten about.

The thing is, you don't have to use your operator if you don't want to.

e963a969ba487469d9f2aa17418aa78c.gif

• Like 7

I would say the crux of the issue is power creep.

We keep getting more and more powerful gear while the enemies tend to remain pretty much similar (up to a point) making any further power pointless.

I keep highlighting this , if a challenge is expected  - instead of more powerful enemies (or atleast smarter ones) a relook at our current mechanics and damage multipliers may have to be checked.

I was happy with the recent changes to stats for warframe , I am hoping something similar can be done for weapons.

I just want whatever makes for a good fight. Usually linear games like WoW just sort of force me to fight higher level enemies even though the main difference is some stats because the game’s designed from the ground up to chase ever more numbers with a smattering of variety and a lot of me remaking characters to re-experience the fight because I can’t undo what the stat chasing has done to my gameplay.

Give me enough to fight in the way I want, and I’m good, and if I want to design a build where nothing can stand against it, I’m going to expect nothing to stand against it

vor 8 Stunden schrieb 4thBro:

Every now and then, I express my issue with WF. This is another one of those times.

I do not currently play Warframe, because there still is no good method of facing max level enemies. It's that simple.

Well, let me ask you a question. When you play another game, let's say World of Warcraft... Do you spend your time running dungeons 60 levels lower than your character? Or do you do things at the highest level your character can do?

If you were to play CSGO... would you rather your opponents all have 100 HP and deal normal damage? Or all have 1 HP and deal 5% damage?

The purpose of building your character strength in Warframe is lost in the game itself. It is never tested. The game has what I call an "Extract At 5" culture. And that culture came out of a lack of any reason to do otherwise. Here I am, with high levels of character strength. That's what I enjoy! I want to push the limits and test my creations. And if my creations succeed against the strongest the game has to offer, then I also enjoy playing it out as well. (Which can also be seen as ongoing testing.)

However... in Warframe, you cannot simply face strong enemies. The quickest way to do so is through Duviri, but your entire loadout is randomized. Outside of that, I believe the quickest way is in Void missions, but 1) that takes a while to ramp up still, and 2) those mission types frequently force you into Operator mode, which accidentally limits your Frames due to the "anti-afk" mechanics that I've already made a thread about once before. (Certain Frames being ripped out of Operator because of the wonky mechanics that make some Frames vulnerable during Operator while you're trying to do things for the mission type that CAN ONLY be done in Operator.)

--But, we're all well aware of how inaccessible high level enemies are. I don't need to keep expressing this point.

However... that's all I want! To me, Warframe is a game with no purpose at the moment. The purpose is to work on your Frames and build up strength, for........... what, exactly? These level 150 enemies aren't testing anything. I can basically throw on 8 randomized mods and slam that content without even paying attention to my screen. So what's the point?

Surely - surely - there must be a way to implement max level content for people like me. I'm not even asking for heightened rewards. I just don't have any fulfillment making my character as strong as I can make it, and then the only enemies in the game all drop dead to my mere existence because they're basically level 1.

Cheers, peace!

I know two types of people:
1. who don't want to do anything and have tons of excuses for everything.
2. who want to do and are looking for opportunities.

So............... my sausage wisp with disp+max str buff was upgraded with armor shards + str shards and now it is super tank and pimp every group very well. I also have unlimited ammo secondary and aoe mele weapon.
therefore.................

4 hours ago, PsychicKitty said:

This is interesting to me in a few ways.

So i am wondering then why don't people play the assassination and arena match missions on the steal path.  Seams like i never see anyone playing them.

10 hours ago, 4thBro said:

These level 150 enemies aren't testing anything. I can basically throw on 8 randomized mods and slam that content without even paying attention to my screen. So what's the point?

I just don't have any fulfillment making my character as strong as I can make it, and then the only enemies in the game all drop dead to my mere existence because they're basically level 1.

do you forum mfs spend more than 5 seconds reading the #*!%ing post? OP is obviously talking about level cap.

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 5

There isnt really any reason to do this except for your ego or whatever your reason is (so yeah I definitely prefer playing against weaker enemies so I have fun), but regardless I think it would be quite easy to add a mode that starts missions with max level enemies from the very first second, so why not, lets add it. If someone finds it fun to deal with this crap, let them have it. Extracting at 5 wont hurt any of these hardcore players anyway since theres level cap already at the start.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 1

I wouldn't want to do this sort of mode personally but I think this is pretty reasonable ask.

My only concern would be that players would complain that there's no rewards behind it, and DE would comply and put exclusive rewards into this content that even a lot of vetrans of the game would just find completely impossible to do.

If all they put as a rewards for this was some significant quantity of kuva, then go wild. But I wouldn't wanna see DE decide to start cramming high end cosmetics behind something like this. And by high end I mean anything more than a sigil, flat emblem, or whatever our orbiter hood ornaments are called. Little things like that they can throw wherever they want.

I know that's not what you're asking for. But other players will if it's implemented, and it's a coin flip on if DE will do it or not. I'd put higher odds on them adding exclusive junk to it than not.

Edited by PollexMessier

Closest mission to get you a hard boost on tough enemies for quicker level cap is the highest level of lua circulus. Level 200 starting isn’t it? Also has corrupted enemies, thorax, sentients. That’s fun for levelcap. You can also use a necramech in it too, which can be fun for “testing your limit” across all types of loadouts. 
I used that mission for the one time I did a level cap, (Gloomruda/Rolling guard/no catalyzing shields, decaying dragon key), and it was slightly faster then if I did any other survival. 

11 hours ago, 4thBro said:

Cheers, peace!

The issue you bring up is an issue echoed throughout the years: Players build their arsenals with the idea that their arsenals will be tested at endgame, only to realize the climax they expected doesn't exist. Even though level cap is still rather easy (in comparison to the level of challenge offered by other games), I'd still like the option myself.

Here is the harsh reality: Unlike other games of similar ilk that does offer some resistance to endgame builds, Warframe will most likely never have that - the game can't be too skill-based, because it is a f2p game that offers power for money, aka it is a p2w game and if paying doesn't all but ensure winning a readily accessible mission, then DE seems to think they aren't doing p2w right. Aside from that, having content that requires top tier gear may make the p2w aspect of the game too obvious in their opinion (most people don't even recognize this game is p2w), so although it would be nice and a part of me hopes a challenge is on the horizon, the larger part just doesn't see it happening. 

• Like 1