Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Qorves - passive should be more than "give Rad status to weapons"

quxier

With normal (not stealth) gameplay we don't have many uses for Radiation. Enemies attack each other but when we are close they still attacks us.

It has synergy with 3rd (radiation stacks gives us status immunity). However it's redundant. 1st will spread radiation status as well.

Suggestions:

- Enemies with max stacks deals more damage to other enemies (e.g. 10-100x) but not us.

- Enemy with max stacks won't attack us even we are close. We are immune to the enemy attack.

- (Gravitational radiation) Enemies around radiated (max stack?) within N meters (small area) attack slower/faster (slower shooting or other powers like Eximus fire wave or Nully bubble regeneration but moves normally).

- Enemies teleport in short distance and forget what are they doing for short time. Activates at max stacks and consumes 1/2 of stacks.

It's a spicier version of Nyx's Chaos which has the same problem.

I still think bonus radiation damage is fine as an ability. Saryn has a toxin version which is terrible unless you're fighting Corpus. Assuming you don't kill everything in an instant, turning them into aggro sponges for other enemies isn't bad as it means taking eximus attention off of you.

Edited by Pizzarugi

1 hour ago, Pizzarugi said:

It's a spicier version of Nyx's Chaos which has the same problem.

I still think bonus radiation damage is fine as an ability. Saryn has a toxin version which is terrible unless you're fighting Corpus. Assuming you don't kill everything in an instant, turning them into aggro sponges for other enemies isn't bad as it means taking eximus attention off of you.

No it seems like guns just do bonus rad procs, not gives rad damage to dilute your procs, pretty sure.

While 100% radiation status chance might not sound like the most interesting or incredible passive (it really doesn't considering what radiation does), I'll just say, low status secondaries might becomes very good on the hands of Qorvex if Secondary Encumber takes those procs into account. Acrid already works way better than one would expect for Steel Path, just saying.

Think perhaps a "better" passive would be +20% radiation damage to all your weapons with 100% status chance, or to make it so enemies that are fully radiated slowly lose their defences, would pair at perfection with his kit, while still needing some form of "maintenance", similarly to Hydroid.

The overview says radiation damage, not just status.  I think they said status in the stream, but could be misremembering.  Hopefully it's both.

Personally I think free rad status on weapon attacks could be a decent passive by itself, unless it's made redundant by his 1.  And then whatever damage component there is is just a bonus.  Probably a minor one.

Procs also has potential synergy with his 4 and 3.

The passive means more scaling for condition overload mods so it is a dps buff. Also if it gives shots 100% chance to proc on hit then stuff like azima, cedo alt fire, etc can be used to cc over a large area. And radiation isn't something normally built so in most cases you get an extra status effect. It wont even dilute your status distribution since it just adds procs. It's not a bad passive.

Edited by Redrigoth

it's kinda gruesome, but I always liked the idea of radiation causing tumors to appear on the enemy, serving as weak spots to physical damage. probably too graphic for most people, especially those who have actually had cancer, so it'll probably never happen, but it would've provided a new and interesting way to deal with stubborn armored enemies.

still, I think his passive is a lot more useful than the vast majority of other passives. it's insanely powerful when you think about it, you literally get a free element on ALL your attacks, one that requires several other frames like Oberon, Loki or Nyx to actually spend energy to proc.

23 hours ago, Redrigoth said:

And radiation isn't something normally built so in most cases you get an extra status effect. It wont even dilute your status distribution since it just adds procs. It's not a bad passive.

6 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

till, I think his passive is a lot more useful than the vast majority of other passives. it's insanely powerful when you think about it, you literally get a free element on ALL your attacks, one that requires several other frames like Oberon, Loki or Nyx to actually spend energy to proc.

It's just one more status/damage, maybe useful for Condition overload builds but that's it. If it was e.g. Viral that would give you at base 100% more damage.

6 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it's kinda gruesome, but I always liked the idea of radiation causing tumors to appear on the enemy, serving as weak spots to physical damage. probably too graphic for most people, especially those who have actually had cancer, so it'll probably never happen, but it would've provided a new and interesting way to deal with stubborn armored enemies.

That's interesting idea. We have already gore (cutting enemies into pieces) so I don't see a problem with it.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

It's just one more status/damage, maybe useful for Condition overload builds but that's it. If it was e.g. Viral that would give you at base 100% more damage.

Radiation is a status type which  isn't that common, so more useful for CO than most.  And the status itself is handy for some amount of CC, eximus distraction, and damage avoidance if it's applied at a decent range. And the more enemies, the better.  Also good  for disrupting enemy aura effects on their minions.  Plus it has at least one interesting synergy with his kit.

In the stream they talked about status, but the Overview  says it adds radiation damage.  This might be a mistake, or it might do both.  I don't expect any damage to be significant, but if it's a percentage of weapon damage it could be an interesting perk.

Free weapon rad status certainly won't be useful for people who are already capable of killing everything they fight near-instantly and are rarely at any risk of dying or losing an objective they have to defend.  Most passives aren't useful to those players, and neither are most mods, most weapons, most abilities, and most frames.  Oh well.

Only question for me is how much Pillar makes it redundant.  That's a danger, because it's not like 5 or 10 radiation procs on a target are a lot more useful than one.  We'll see.

On 2023-11-26 at 4:23 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

still, I think his passive is a lot more useful than the vast majority of other passives. it's insanely powerful when you think about it, you literally get a free element on ALL your attacks, one that requires several other frames like Oberon, Loki or Nyx to actually spend energy to proc.

i like this idea. Maybe it should be an additional effect of blast status proc on top of the accuracy debuff. Blast causing cracks in their armor/shield which become permanent vulnerability spots which you can shoot and ignore armor/shield (can't hit those spots with aoe) and deal x1 extra crit multiplier(like an enhanced cold proc). It can serve as an alternative for slash procs and toxin procs. Lets you use different weapons and bullets rather than just aoe slash/toxin. Those rifles with a crit mode and a status mode can have one mode prime enemies and another to end them

Edited by Redrigoth

On 2023-11-27 at 1:47 AM, Tiltskillet said:

Radiation is a status type which  isn't that common, so more useful for CO than most.  And the status itself is handy for some amount of CC, eximus distraction, and damage avoidance if it's applied at a decent range. And the more enemies, the better.  Also good  for disrupting enemy aura effects on their minions.  Plus it has at least one interesting synergy with his kit.

In the stream they talked about status, but the Overview  says it adds radiation damage.  This might be a mistake, or it might do both.  I don't expect any damage to be significant, but if it's a percentage of weapon damage it could be an interesting perk.

Free weapon rad status certainly won't be useful for people who are already capable of killing everything they fight near-instantly and are rarely at any risk of dying or losing an objective they have to defend.  Most passives aren't useful to those players, and neither are most mods, most weapons, most abilities, and most frames.  Oh well.

Only question for me is how much Pillar makes it redundant.  That's a danger, because it's not like 5 or 10 radiation procs on a target are a lot more useful than one.  We'll see.

think of pillar as a zoning tool. you can put it in front of hallways and spawn points to stop enemies coming in and have them start killing each other instead. More rad procs = more damage to each other

1 hour ago, Redrigoth said:

think of pillar as a zoning tool.

That seems like the most obvious intent.  If the range isn't too high, or it has some other limitation I haven't imagined beyond energy cost , it won't step on the passive as much.

Maybe his 4's synergy with rad status scales with the number of statuses.  That would make the passive more interesting, since the pylons might be limited to one application per second.

1 hour ago, Redrigoth said:

More rad procs = more damage to each other

Do you find that damage meaningful?  I use rad a lot, but maybe I haven't paid enough attention to that component.  My impression is that the aggro disruption is very useful and the damage enemies inflict on each other isn't a factor.   At least in the content I usually play.

4 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

That seems like the most obvious intent.  If the range isn't too high, or it has some other limitation I haven't imagined beyond energy cost , it won't step on the passive as much.

Maybe his 4's synergy with rad status scales with the number of statuses.  That would make the passive more interesting, since the pylons might be limited to one application per second.

Do you find that damage meaningful?  I use rad a lot, but maybe I haven't paid enough attention to that component.  My impression is that the aggro disruption is very useful and the damage enemies inflict on each other isn't a factor.   At least in the content I usually play.

10 rad stacks = 550% extra damage so they can atleast weaken each other. Maybe dps eximus can just kill enemies. I know it isnt that big of a deal. It's just something.

28 minutes ago, Redrigoth said:

10 rad stacks = 550% extra damage so they can atleast weaken each other. Maybe dps eximus can just kill enemies. I know it isnt that big of a deal. It's just something.

I suspect the multiple stacks of Radiation will empower Crucible Blast's chain reaction. Maybe each residual explosion subtracts 1 stack from the target, and when either the beam or other explosions hit the Rad-procced enemy, it eats another stack to explode again.

Plus Containment Wall procs at least 5 stacks then lines up enemies and squishes them together. They will be the closest targets to each other and too busy fighting to target Qorvex, and become targets to enemies you didn't hit.

I kind of low key his passive being a bit underwhelming. It matches a lot of older Warframes passives being underwhelming, with a lot of newer Warframes passives being strictly better/more powerful. Its like hey, even our new Warframes can have meh passives too, not just the oldies. 

Mind you, as others have pointed out, its a great unusual element that will probably benefit a lot of CO/GS builds. 

If anything though, and I say this, when you consider just staring at Qorvex in his idle animation breathing pose, slight squat, arms to the side rigidly. Its a power stance, very symmetrical and forward orientating. In nature this is the sort of stance a very powerful and successful apex predator would assume. So for lore reasons, Qorvex's passive should be that enemies should start fighting each other just by LOS of Qorvex, without the need for Rad to be on his weapons. He should just naturally emanate Rad just for standing there... menacingly, heaving in his idle animation. 

I had previously recommended a change to radiation procs,

I would like to build upon that a bit more,

It would still have the "madness" effect , but it would also feel like its a mix of heat and electric,

Heat reduces the armor to half its existing value and electric has a radial damage,

So radiation would do radial damage equal to a percentage of the enemies armor (up to max 50%) each time they are struck while under the effects of radiation and also proc radiation in other enemies. Increasing the stacks would increase the radius.

Am 27.11.2023 um 09:08 schrieb (PSN)Hopper_Orouk:

Not gonna lie, Qorvax is looking terrible, but I can't really say that because I also thought Dagath was mid before her release and it just turns out that DE is bad at previewing Warframes.

so in short, I'm going to wait it out this time.

It's a.. idk how to call it design, but it gave me Lavos vibes.. he does look weird. 

But if he's fun to play, I can overlook it until his deluxe or prime 😅 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

It's a.. idk how to call it design, but it gave me Lavos vibes.. he does look weird. 

But if he's fun to play, I can overlook it until his deluxe or prime 😅 

I'm not talking about his design, I think it's tops, I'm talking about his kit (guess I shouldn't have added the "looking" verb)

his 1 is yet another slow ability, his 2 is actually interesting but knowing DE, it's just another grouping ability, his three is just hideous resistance, the ability from helminth, I mean really DE? that's all you got? his 4 might be fun but knowing DE, it'll be just another Sol gate, or fusion strike.

See? from afar he doesn't seem like much of a frame, so I really shouldn't project hate initially until he's out.
me personally, if I wanted a radioactive frame that procs constant radiation procs, I can just play Oberon.  

Radiation is also good against alloy armor

I’m going to use him for bosses that require radiation, just so I don’t need to run that element (or as much of it for weighting) 

I think alloy armor is also on heavy gunners, so it’s a nice bonus 

Edit: Nvm, thanks for the clarification 

Edited by Malikili
Edit

1 hour ago, Malikili said:

Radiation is also good against alloy armor

I’m going to use him for bosses that require radiation, just so I don’t need to run that element (or as much of it for weighting) 

I think alloy armor is also on heavy gunners, so it’s a nice bonus 

this is an interesting gate to a question, WHY most bosses' health is alloy armor? every boss is weak to radiation, it's like is a known unwritten rule in Warframe gameplay

Edited by (PSN)Hopper_Orouk
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

this is an interesting gate to a question, WHY most bosses' health is alloy armor? every boss is weak to radiation, it's like is a known unwritten rule in Warframe gameplay

That’s true, even if we got bosses from Chernobyl they would still most likely have a radiation weakness. 
We should have bosses be weak to impact, give it some use