Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else notice that Chipper hasn't had a red shard in weeks?

Hexerin

15 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

No, there's no such correlation. If you remember the Sneaky Sabotage was the only Kahl's mission for a few weeks, yet shards kept rotating.

I'm not sure if i understood this correctly, so pardon me if i'm making a mistake.

The missions always rotate, you just need to fully complete the mission, if you complete challenges and then bail from the mission, the mission will be marked as uncompleted and will not rotate.

Yes the shop shards do rotate in an almost unpredictable pattern, but missions do not stay for weeks on end, if they do, it's because the player didn't complete them.

15 минут назад, KIREEK сказал:

The missions always rotate, you just need to fully complete the mission, if you complete challenges and then bail from the mission, the mission will be marked as uncompleted and will not rotate.

Yes, that's correct.

16 минут назад, KIREEK сказал:

Yes the shop shards do rotate in an almost unpredictable pattern, but missions do not stay for weeks on end, if they do, it's because the player didn't complete them.

No, the shards have fixed rotation pattern: from Azure to Amber to Crimson and then back to Azure, repeating the cycle.

I'm not sure about correlation between shard rotation in Chipper's store and Kahl's weekly mission. I haven't skipped a single Kahl's mission, making the missions rotate each week and cannot confirm or deny if it affects the shards rotation.

2 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

I'm not sure about correlation between shard rotation in Chipper's store and Kahl's weekly mission. I haven't skipped a single Kahl's mission, making the missions rotate each week and cannot confirm or deny if it affects the shards rotation.

I got an Amber shard this week's mission Junk Run, I also haven't skipped any of the Kahl missions since its inception.

Edited by Slayer-.
added: Junk Run

hace 1 hora, Tesla_Reloaded dijo:

I'll skip doing this week's to confirm, already got a tauforged Crimson at 20% and have enough stock to buy the shard next week without playing, so am not worried.
For the record, Amber this week, we'll see next Monday.

On 2023-12-04 at 9:36 AM, Hexerin said:

Especially when you get the stealth mission multiple weeks in a row, like what happened recently.

That’s not a thing. 

If you complete the mission and extract, next week you’ll have the next mission in rotation. There have been a few bugged cases where it didn’t cycle. But it’s supposed to cycle to the next upon successful completion and extraction. 

If you keep seeing that awful stealth mission each week, it’s likely that you aren’t extracting, or that there’s a bug. 

Are you positive you’re clearing the mission and extracting?

• Like 5

On 2023-12-05 at 3:51 AM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Uh, no I haven't noticed that, since, isn't it in a rotation? 

Whenever its Boreal's week, I get a blue from Chipper, then this week, its Amar (Red), so should be yellow (from Chipper), and then next week Nira (Yellow) and a red available from Chipper. At least thats how its always been for me personally (and yes it is annoying that it goes blue/blue, to red/yellow and then yellow/red then blue/blue. 

So, (and maybe its just my own pattern?!?) next week should be red from Chipper. 

As per usual and my prediction, Chipper has a Crimson/Red Shard and Nira is the Archon of the week, offering an Amber. 

Which means next week, will be Boreal with an Azure/Blue and Chipper will offer an Azure/Blue. (well pending any changes that might happen due to the update). 

So did anyone not have a Crimson/Red from Chipper this week?

• Like 4

On 2023-12-05 at 11:40 PM, Slayer-. said:

I got an Amber shard this week's mission Junk Run, I also haven't skipped any of the Kahl missions since its inception.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

As per usual and my prediction, Chipper has a Crimson/Red Shard and Nira is the Archon of the week, offering an Amber. 

Which means next week, will be Boreal with an Azure/Blue and Chipper will offer an Azure/Blue. (well pending any changes that might happen due to the update). 

So did anyone not have a Crimson/Red from Chipper this week?

This week I received Crimson/Red from Chipper, just went and had a look, per my quote above never skipped any.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Any luck yet, @Hexerin?

Nope, this week is aligned with how it's supposed to work.

• Sneaky Sabotage - Had last week and skipped, however ran this week.
  • Crimson in Chipper's offerings - Picked this up, which is why I ran the mission.
  • Nira/Amber for the weekly Hunt - Did as always, because tauforge is an endless struggle that DE refuses to address.

But a single week is not indicative of anything, which is also why I haven't bothered to update the thread yet.

Edited by Hexerin

12 minutes ago, Sojufueled said:

Funny enough, I have never bought a shard from him. He doesn't sell tauforged, so I figured there was no point.

You don't always need the extra stats that tauforge grants, so the basic shard is enough. For example, I use three azure shards on my Mag, to give her shield capacity. To hit the max gate breakpoint (1,150 shields), I only need two of them to be tauforge. Observe:

Spoiler

57c37bf0bb47eed023c484e3777388d3.jpg

The two tauforge with the single normal gives enough to hit 1,155 shields, which grants the full 2.5 second shield gate. Speaking of not needing tauforge, that other normal azure is a health regen shard. I used to run Arcane Blessing on my Mag, so that health regen shard was there to keep her health topped off (since Mag has no method to sustain health). I don't run Arcane Blessing on her anymore though, but dunno what else I'd put in that slot so haven't replaced that shard yet.

Would I prefer to have full tauforge in all five slots on her? Of course. However, I can't even give all my actually played frames full normal shards. So I try to hit solid breakpoints, and only slot the bare minimum tauforge in each frame in the meantime.

Well, shards aren't really needed in the first place, and whether or not the stats are significant is highly subjective and will vary depending on what you're trying to do.  I mostly get Kahl shards because they might add a way to convert them or something and they are time limited.  I have slotted the normies in a few frames, but I have like 40 just lying around.   

6 hours ago, Sojufueled said:

Funny enough, I have never bought a shard from him. He doesn't sell tauforged, so I figured there was no point.

You are missing out, if you're like me and play a large amount of frames you'll find even the normal shards help.

14 hours ago, Hexerin said:

But a single week is not indicative of anything, which is also why I haven't bothered to update the thread yet.

Still good to update, as the act of collecting data even if it affirms predictions helps establish a timeline and helps identify consistency with patterns. It is interesting that some believe Chipper hadn't had red shards for weeks though, and yet for those who believe its not random, and therefore would have red shards this week, were accurate. 

14 hours ago, Hexerin said:
  • Sneaky Sabotage - Had last week and skipped, however ran this week.
  • Crimson in Chipper's offerings - Picked this up, which is why I ran the mission.

Just for some clarify and to try and figure out where the inconsistency or differences lay. Last week Chipper offered you Yellow/Amber correct? You also didn't run the Kahl mission last week? Like at all? Or you did, or you started it but quit during? I know you said you skipped, but I wanted to clarify whether you started it at all and didn't finish, or whether you didn't even start. 

Then did you purchase the Yellow/Amber last week? 

Then this week, did you check Chipper before you did this weeks Kahl mission? Was he offering Red/Crimson? Or did you have to run the Kahl mission before he offered Crimson/Red? Apologies for all the questions, but the way you worded above, is that, you are saying that the act of running the Kahl mission is what enabled you to have the option to choose the Red/Crimson shard?

Which would be interesting and a potential significant variable in peoples different experiences. 

See in my experience, the Chipper shard has always been consistent and on rotation, even when I have skipped the Kahl mission. Even if I did, or didn't grab a gem from him, or did or didn't and skipped. Whether I checked before I did the Kahl mission, or checked after.

However... I have never ever started a Kahl mission, that I didn't finish. Thats one thing that I have not done at all, so maybe thats the variable which influences some sort of skip or stall in what he offers and why some peoples experience is that its "random" and others like clockwork and easily predictable. 

11 hours ago, Lord_Drod said:

So when crimson is up, you can do all the challenges that don't require an extract so it stays red every week?  And especially if the extra 10 stock saves without an extract.  I probably won't do this, unless there was a way to make taus.

I honestly don't know. I am a bit skeptical to whether thats how it works though, but since I have never started a run and quitted prematurely, maybe it is a loophole that can be exploited. 

The reason I am a bit skeptical, is because in my experiences, the weekly rotation appears pretty set. I have missed a few Kahl missions, and even when I have, the week still rotates as per a pattern. Granted... there may be a difference to the game, in skipping a mission one week, and starting one and not completing that affects whether the rotation stalls or progresses. Creating a scenario in which its offered again the next week, but ehh... not necessarily a factor in that equation, but even some weeks I skipped the shard, it still resets as well and follows a predictable and set pattern. 

Then again this is Warframe, so funky weird stuff happening in weird niche situations, wouldn't be surprising. 

I saw one of the still going Youtuber vets pop up on my list for Archon Shards just to see if they're wrong like they often are.
They said 90% of frames use Crimson which is not accurate for min/max.

Plenty of frames can make use of Armor like Trinity, Baruuk, Nekros, etc. Anything with a 90% DR buff but low armor.
Plenty can make use of cast speed. Though usually just one is good enough. Loki, Equinox, Protea and Trinity stand out.

For myself, Crimson is more like a QoL thing similar to cast speed. I don't need more duration on Trinity, Mesa or Gara but it's nice.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

Oh, so YOU'RE the reason DE came up with this whole new merging system we're about to get. 😂

I am sure I'm not the only one that does archon fights.  I don't slot them because of the bile cost.  I have a ton of resources, but it's just a hassle to use them.  I could slap on 5 parkour velocity shards or something, but I'd pull those if I was wanting to make a real build and then I'm just paying tons of bile cost, so they are more of a permanent thing.  And usually in a permanent setup, the tau's do matter, not in a sense that you have 5 more strength, but if you need +30 strength, which you can do with 2, instead of 3, so now you have an extra tau slot.  So I mostly just use the taus on a few frames.  I don't see that changing with this new update, but I don't know all the details.

6 hours ago, Xzorn said:

I saw one of the still going Youtuber vets pop up on my list for Archon Shards just to see if they're wrong like they often are.
They said 90% of frames use Crimson which is not accurate for min/max.

Plenty of frames can make use of Armor like Trinity, Baruuk, Nekros, etc. Anything with a 90% DR buff but low armor.
Plenty can make use of cast speed. Though usually just one is good enough. Loki, Equinox, Protea and Trinity stand out.

For myself, Crimson is more like a QoL thing similar to cast speed. I don't need more duration on Trinity, Mesa or Gara but it's nice.

Minmaxing is totally subjective, especially with all the helminth options.  What are you trying to do?  How far are you trying to go?  Armor is generally not useful at high levels, especially on Baruuk, I don't see how that would help him.  All out strength for his 4 would definitely be better than some armor.  I generally agree though not every frame is going to be all out red because there's playstyle differences - like speedrunning is often more useful than level cap, and you'd use completely different taus for that.  You're still minmaxing for whatever your goal is.

7 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I honestly don't know. I am a bit skeptical to whether thats how it works though, but since I have never started a run and quitted prematurely, maybe it is a loophole that can be exploited.

Same.  I think they would fix that if it did exist, but it is an interesting idea to manipulate the colors you want.  If you can craft tau's somehow, that would come in handy, but I haven't seen the latest patch notes.