Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 35: Whispers in the Walls

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

It's confirmed that I'm neither for nor against exalted weapons getting these upgrades.  Otherwise, no idea. :P

You'd have to finish the quest and install the new segment first to verify it yourself, so don't bother unless you've got some time.

I haven't done the quest yet, and there's no hint of a new slots on melee weapons (or Exalted Blade) that I can tell.

Okay, thank you for confirming that.

There's at least some of the new Arcanes for melee that will probably apply passively onto Exalted Blade at least :) 

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Mirage Eclipse Changes:
Tenno who are familiar with Mirage's ability Eclipse know how temperamental it can be. Areas that look light are actually dark and vice versa, which can make it rather difficult to know how much of a bonus the ability is actually giving you at any moment. 

To address this issue, the HUD icon for Eclipse will now continuously update to show an accurate and responsive state of what effect Mirage is currently getting, rather than just showing the maximum values from standing in light or dark. We have also updated the HUD icons with names to distinguish which buff is being given: 

• Low light environments = Lunar Eclipse
  • Bright light environments = Solar Eclipse 

This at least gives us (and you) a better tool to measure what Eclipse is really doing. 

73626697aba05dc7a785c649ea0c2260.jpg

With this update we started assessing how inconsistent and frustrating this ability was, and noticed a variety of problems: it didn’t work properly on the Plains of Eidolon and, super relevant for this update, it didn’t work at all with the new lighting technology in Albrecht’s Laboratories! 

We are still considering what we can do to make this ability better in the long term. Stay tuned for further changes on Eclipse.

First thing I noticed from this update. Good work! Not too pleased that I was in complete lunar facing the boss that was right at the edge of the cliff in a massive white hue area but at least I knew that. Hopefully it gets changed to be more generous.

Please, please continue this for other abilities. Rift is another mechanic that stands out in a bad light(no pun intended) because of this, it is inconsistent with how Jackal interacts with it vs other objectives. And can at times be very hard of difficult to tell if you are actually in a rift and whether or not an enemy is in it.  Please also fix its interaction with objectives since its passive griefs you simply because you took limbo in a gamemode that requires you to to use parkour, which lets you into the rift therefore, to access an objective item that is unobtainable since you went into the rift as a result of doing parkour.

Edited by Numerounius

4 hours ago, Agall said:

There's at least some of the new Arcanes for melee that will probably apply passively onto Exalted Blade at least :) 

Pistol ones don't apply to Titania/Mesa, so don't hold too much hope.

Edited by IceBen
  • Like 1

A+ DE, 10/10.

I absolutely love where the story is going, and the quest. I was worried time travel antics would be overused, time travel rarely works well but when it does it works flawlessly, and i think it works here. The ending scene though, that leaves the door open to so much possibility. Keep up the amazing work.

• Like 1

Massive FPS drops now in the new environment, im not surprised about that in the Entrati lab, but its also in the underground desert-something where theres nothing really fancy on the screen

(Ryzen5 5600x | GTX680 @1680x1050, with the new CPU now usually stable 75 fps)

Edited by BoredWraith

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Ember’s Inferno not earning Shields from Energy spent when used with Augur Set Mods or Brief Respite. 

<3 that you i have been complaining about this for a year since it broke when you guys dropped the fix for operator/drfiter being effected by brief respite in October last year, i hope you fixed her armour strip not working on demos and acolytes as well 

Big mistake to remove classic graphics from the game. Enhanced graphics looks and perform very very bad. Especially with HDR enable looks like ..... it hurt your eyes and drives you to a guarantee epilepsy. With Enhanced graphics the game looks at least 10 years older. I didn't change any single settings from my graphics if you are planning to tell me that for excuses you will fail

• Like 3

Note to Content Creators: Content creators are able to broadcast and/or publish VODs of their Whispers in the Walls Quest experience without DMCA concerns. This does not include edited video content outside of the context of your gameplay stream which includes licensed music from the Quest.

Please clarify this. My interpretation is as follows; 
You may save and upload full live streams with no issues to DMCA. You may also upload edited video content, provided the music that has been licensed has been removed. 
However, it could also be taken literally as;
You may not post any video content, edited or otherwise, outside of the very specific category of, Live stream vod.

4 hours ago, Megazawr said:

why? it was quite fun fighting them there. not being able to fight them anywhere at all now makes me sad

It was also a great way to quickly stack up, plus if can't handle that many you don't need to spawn the full 20. Honestly very much disapointed by the change and hope it get reverted. As it is not like you can spawn enemies in public missions, the only person you impact is your self. I would even take a warning rather then removal. 

• Like 1

Arbitration missions are still bugged! No mention in the past few major updates. Please see the following:

- If a player who's "dead" leaves the match while other players have arb tokens to revive them, the debuff of -max hp -max shields will stay permanently with no way to reset short of a host migration. 

- If any player leaves an arbitration mission, the drop rate of Vitus Essence goes down dramatically. Even when they're not host. But especially when they're host. When the host leaves I'll be lucky to get 1 Vitus Essence drop on in 5 min of survival despite having a resource drop blessing and resource drop chance booster. 

These bugs make it incredibly frustrating to play Arbitration missions with low MR players who just decide to leave as soon as extraction is available or early on in general, and who will leave as soon as they die not understanding they can be revived. Please fix visibility of reviving status by teammates. 

BUT MOST OF ALL PLEASE FIX VITUS DROP RATE IRREGULARITIES. As a frequent Vitus Essence farmer these issues are incredibly frustrating. 

Many thanks for the new update, excited to try out the new systems. 

• Like 3

Some quick and easy improvements to the game:

• Give exalted weapon stances +10 mod capacity like normal stances so we can fit tennokai mods on exalted weapons
  • Remove Tenet Diplos bullet cap per locked on target so it can be a full auto pistol but with lock-on like it's supposed to be
  • Fix Miter normal form charged sawblade not doing punch-through
  • Make Gorgon's metamorphic magazine augment and other magazine size mods into exilus. We can get more ammo and ammo refill but not bigger magazine? Because a handful of weapons have magazine synergy? That should be what gives you a reason to use them. Also half the weapons have nothing useful to put in exilus slot.
  • Separate audio slider for chat notifications and other sound effects
  • Ability to keybind cycle button of something like Ivara Quiver with so I can use scroll wheel instead of having to hold/click all the time
  • Increase Primary Plated Round buff duration from 10 to 30 seconds (newest buff overrides) so we can actually make use of it. Large mag weapons cant even reload and dump their mag within the buff duration and this practice is unsustainable for ammo too. It would also help fill the arcane slot in situations where all other options are useless like vs eidolons where fractalized reset is the only thing that does anything.
  • Toggle for auto-melee. It's makes throwing glaives annoying
  • Grendel Gourmand augment is useless. Instead let it increase enemy in belly cap to 8 for more Hearty Nourish synergy and more size on 3 and let it maintain your armor buff for 4 seconds on vomit by holding 1
  • Make frost's Biting Frost give some crit per cold proc rather than frozen or make it part of his passive cuz it's not worth the mod slot now
  • Disable stalker spamming my inbox with "actions have consequences" any time I kill a boss

Thank you

Edited by Redrigoth
  • Like 5