The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ugliest frame design?

Leqesai

Now that qorvex is out, finishing off all new warframes for 2023, which frame do you think is aesthetically most displeasing?

For me it's this new frame. Qorvex is definitely my most disliked design. 

What about you guys? Who do you think is the ugliest? 

• Like 4

Yes, Qorvex and Lavos are the worst looking frames. Qorvex’s buff that gives allies bricks all around them for a long time impedes my sight lines which is dumb and I can’t stand it just like protea’s mine swirling around you. I just wish DE would give us a toggle to reject ally buffs. I didn’t ask for them and I don’t need any stinkin’ buffs.

Edited by MutoManiac
  • Like 2

vor 37 Minuten schrieb MutoManiac:

Yes, Qorvex and Lavos are the worst looking frames. Qorvex’s buff that gives allies bricks all around them for a long time impedes my sight lines which is dumb and I can’t stand it just like protea’s mine swirling around you. I just wish DE would give us a toggle to reject ally buffs. I didn’t ask for them and I don’t need any stinkin’ buffs.

How rude! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

for regular frames, Yareli. I almost cringe myself into a singularity when I see her.

for primes, Oberon Prime definitely. thank god for his other skins.

and for deluxe, gotta be Proto-Volt. sorry but he ugly and doesn't look like Volt AT ALL. 

meanwhile the ugliest tennogen skin be like: 

Model Flexing GIF by G2 Esports

• Like 2

In regards to normal/vanilla frames, I'd say the most ugly frames are Lavos, Nova, Hydroid, Vauban, Nezha, Kullervo or whatever knive dude is called, Valkyr and Revenant.

In regards to Prime frames, I'd vote for Valkyr, Nezha and Excal.

Special shout out to Limbo, because who the heck decided that a weapon of war should look like a dude wearing the world's most ugly suit and a tophat?

As for deluxe skins... that one Nova skin, Asuri or whatever. Good lord, why.

The skinny Valkyr skin actually I might have mistaken that for the Garuda skin, the one that looks like a dried up corpse.

That beetle skin for Rhino is... eh, I like the idea, but I hate the execution.

4 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Qorvex is definitely my most disliked design. 

I'm kinda 50/50 on that one.

On one hand, the vanilla design and paint is horrible.

On the other hand, I think with a different head design and a darker color scheme, he could look... passable.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Proto Volt.

I hate that one so much I got a temporary forum ban for calling him a leaking battery.

Pls don't ban me again for mentioning it, I have syndicates to grind

Edited by o0Despair0o
  • Like 1

If we're talking default skins, colours aside, then it's Caliban for me. It's just so asymmetrical, random, and ugly. Xaku is very close there as well, but at least Xaku got a very nice Deluxe skin.

If we're talking skins as well, then nothing is worse than my main Warframe Volt having two absolutely hideous, grotesque, unpleasing, disgusting, unattractive 'deluxe' skins.

2 hours ago, Malikili said:

Everyone dissing Lavos, but no one is looking at Garuda deluxe. I’m sorry Garuda, but that deluxe doesn’t do you justice 

Close second to Lavos.

50 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

If we're talking default skins, colours aside, then it's Caliban for me. It's just so asymmetrical, random, and ugly. Xaku is very close there as well, but at least Xaku got a very nice Deluxe skin.

If we're talking skins as well, then nothing is worse than my main Warframe Volt having two absolutely hideous, grotesque, unpleasing, disgusting, unattractive 'deluxe' skins.

I sure hope you are not referring to volt proto which is absolutely beautiful.

On the matter of Qorvex and Lavos being ugly - I think their aesthetics are well designed and don't get enough credit. Both of these warframes are "Lab" themed, and heavy-set. Their design is intent is not conventionally beautiful because the aesthetic they're going for is extremely practical.  Lavos wears thick, bulky haz-mat like protective gear shaped to deflect chemical splashes mixed with the snake-tubes and vials.  The ugliness comes from it being a "mad scientist's cutting edge experimental gear" type of character trope.

Qorvex is basically a no-frills built-for-purpose golem body for us to pilot. Gives me the impression that doc Entrati pieced this together for us in ten minutes with whatever he happened to have in his workshop's bottom drawer (technocyte, gorilla glue, demon core) after being struck by the stray idea that what's lurking in his labs might kill us actually. Brutalism is ugly by design, for practical reasons (concrete is a cheap and effective building material)  A rush-job design by a genius that looks completely unorthodox yet functions admirably is a fairly compelling and unique idea for a warframe. Not one I'd have expected to get, but was pleasantly surprised by.

I like designs that focus on practicality and have a particular sense of their appearance being related to their functionality, or at least have some logical through-line for why they look weird. Honorable mention to Xaku.  The Necralisk/Entrati related warframes all have very neat inspiration behind them. 

As for the warframes I think are visually unappealing? Khora, Rhino, Voruna, Oberon (prime especially), Hydroid, Inaros, Revenant (Just the helmets really), Styanax, Grendel.

• Like 2

I'll start of by saying I absolutely love how Qorvex looks.

The on to the ugliest frame. Well as much as I love playing Lavos, I still very much dislike his looks. The problem could be solved by allowing us to remove his gloves. Other than him I have a strong dislike for base Frost and Frost Prime (not his helmet though) aswell.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

for regular frames, Yareli. I almost cringe myself into a singularity when I see her.

So you just hate anime or is it the face being ugly?

5 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Now that qorvex is out, finishing off all new warframes for 2023, which frame do you think is aesthetically most displeasing?

For me it's this new frame. Qorvex is definitely my most disliked design. 

Uh... A lot of default frames, but uh, default Inaros and Revenant are up there for me. That gaping pelvis hole in Revenant looks incredibly weird when it's anything but default colors.

And Inaros? He just looks malnourished with knobby legs, ankles, and a goofy lanky build.

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT